PDA

View Full Version : What do we do for nickle?

ItalianStallion
02-22-2006, 10:53 PM
One topic I found to be greatly overlooked is our need for a nickle corner. We all know B-Will isn't coming back, and I have heard Ralph Brown isn't either. So that pretty much leave Laroni Gallishaw, who wasn't bad, but I certain;y don't feel comfortable with him at nickle. What do you think we do? Draft, FA, trade?

NordicNed
02-22-2006, 10:56 PM
I'de much rather see a proven DB taken in FA first, then get some depth thru the draft if still needed...

vegasvike
02-22-2006, 10:57 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

One topic I found to be greatly overlooked is our need for a nickle corner. We all know B-Will isn't coming back, and I have heard Ralph Brown isn't either. So that pretty much leave Laroni Gallishaw, who wasn't bad, but I certain;y don't feel comfortable with him at nickle. What do you think we do? Draft, FA, trade?

that is a good question, who knows maybe that is why we got Whitaker. I had no idea that brown wasnt coming back. It really makes no difference he wasn't that good anyway

Del Rio
02-22-2006, 10:59 PM
They have to do something.

I mean even if you put Gallishaw at Nickle then what about your depth? That is why we had as many DB's as we did was because a year prior we got hit in the worst way with the injury bug.

It may have been blown out of the water on another thread but I think the Vikes may try to franchise B-will.

Either that or we may be hurting for depth and quality at DB.

slinkey
02-22-2006, 11:03 PM
b will isnt leaving ...they will franchise him...smoot can be the highest paid nickle in the league

PurplePeopleEaters
02-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Don't forget Dovonte. He didn't do too badly in his time in.

Ltrey33
02-22-2006, 11:28 PM
I think Franchising B-Will is probably the best bet. Really, with the exception of K-Rob (who we might get a deal done with anywya), who would we use it on? He'd be worth it, IMO.

VikesfaninWis
02-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Franchise B-Will, we have Whitaker now, and Devonte Edwards. Does anyone know if Dustin Fox is capable to be a starter at SS?

Displaced_Viking
02-22-2006, 11:36 PM
I hope we franchise B-Will, but I'd like to see Dovonte Edwards and Ronyell Whitaker in action. I agree that we need some more depth for the CBs, but I doubt we'll pick more up in the draft, because of concerns for LB, RB, possibly QB, and possibly safeties. I think that position we'll bulk up through FA.