PDA

View Full Version : tickets

magicci
06-25-2004, 07:14 PM
when can we buy tickets

purplepat
06-26-2004, 12:17 PM
The exact date has not been released yet, but it will be sometime in July, probably the 2nd or 3rd week. I'll keep an eye out and post something as soon as it is official.

NeoVikesTX
06-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Official site says mid-July.
I am planning on attending the Vikes game at the Dome against the Seahawks in December. How difficult is it to get 2 good seats assuming I buy them first thing through Ticketmaster? Let me know, thanks!

magicci
06-26-2004, 02:02 PM
I'm trying to get tickets to the titans game. I'm gonna fly out there

magicci
06-26-2004, 02:23 PM
why are some websites already selling tickets

VikingsTw
06-26-2004, 03:58 PM
I was looking at that to, i was looking for tickets to the cowboys game and there was this one website TicketsNow that was already selling tickets to the game and they were goin fast, Wierd

VIKE58
06-26-2004, 09:56 PM
"magicci" wrote:

why are some websites already selling ticketsIf they are selling them already they must have some season tickets. Or they are takeing a chance ! Even season ticket holders like myself don't get our tickets till mid July. I will be posting some of mine when I decide what games I'll be going to this year. Its a 5+ hour drive for me so I don't go to all of them. Good luck finding tickets! If you have never been there before you are going to have a blast. I know I do every time I go!

magicci
06-26-2004, 10:34 PM
is it hard to get tickets

VikingsTw
06-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Well i dont have much experience in buying tickets but i do know that u can go on ebay and get tickets i was just on and there were several different sets of tickets bein sold, mostly people like tried who are already selling there season tickets, they dont have them but they are selling them right now, then they will mail them to u when they get them in late july

I dont know what kind of seats u are looking for but they were mostly upper deck corner tickets but there is always someone selling tickets for games on there

purplepat
06-27-2004, 07:28 AM
"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

Official site says mid-July.
I am planning on attending the Vikes game at the Dome against the Seahawks in December. How difficult is it to get 2 good seats assuming I buy them first thing through Ticketmaster? Let me know, thanks!

I haven't tried to buy single game tickets in several years, so I'm not sure how many "good" seats will actually be for sale. You might be able to contact the Vikings season ticket office pretending to be interested in buying season tickets to find out where some of the better seats that still remain are located.

At any rate, you DO have to jump on them the minute they go on sale. Only about 4000 tickets will be available for purchase to each game. Tickets to the Packers game will be gone in less than an hour. Most games will be sold out completely within two hours. I think the Seahawks game is one of the more attractive games on our home schedule this year.

Do you live in the Minneapolis area? If so, you may want/need to camp out to get tickets from the box office. If I remember last season correctly, tickets went on sale at the box office one hour before they went on sale at TicketMaster.

At any rate, we'll try to post here so everyone knows what's going on. Once they announce it, tickets will probably go on sale just a few days later.

purplepat
06-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Web searches are a wonderful thing.

In 2003 (last year), single-game tickets went on sale at the Metrodome Ticket Office at 9 AM (CDT) on Saturday, July 12th. Tickets via TicketMaster went on sale at 10 AM (CDT) at Midwest TicketMaster locations, TicketMaster by phone (area code 651), or on the web at TicketMaster.com. So if you are in California and drive to your local TicketMaster outlet or call your local TicketMaster, you could be out of luck. By the way, this information was posted on Vikings.com on Friday the 11th...exactly one day before tickets went on sale.

Also last year, fans purchasing tickets to the Packers game had to purchase a like number of tickets to the preseason game against the Jaguars. I would expect the Vikings will do something similar this season.

There was also a limit of 8 tickets per game per customer.

VKG4LFE
06-27-2004, 10:23 AM
I don't think it is that hard to get tickets! If you can't find them on the internet, you can ALWAYS go up to the dome and buy them from someone off of the street. I have done this for about 4 Vikings games that I have been to, and the closer it is to kickoff, the cheaper the tickets get because the sellers (scalpers) don't want to eat the tickets and get nothing for them!

magicci
06-27-2004, 10:32 PM
good info guys, but what if you want to buy some from ticketmaster.com

little redhead
06-28-2004, 07:47 AM
You probably don't want to wait this long but I found the best time to buy tickets through ticket master is usually the wednesday before the game. Just for example if they play the seahawks on Sunday November 14 then Wednesday November 10th is when you would want to try ticket master because usually the visiting team has so many tickets that they have blocked off but usually they don't use as many as they have blocked so they end up generally releasing hundreds of tickets before the game the number usually is like 400 tickets that they release and if you check ticket master continually starting wednesday afternoon you are likely to get some tickets and alot of times there are quite a few lower level tickets included. Everytime I have done this I end up sitting in the lower level endzone area. Just a thought and then you don't end up paying some ridiculous price either to a scalper before the game otherwise you can always get tickets through the ticket brokers like the ones that someone already mentioned in this post. The problem with the brokers is they charge at least double if not triple of what the ticket normally costs through the box office or ticket master but you can always find tickets through the ticket brokers if you are willing to pay the money.

purplepat
06-28-2004, 08:31 AM
Good tip about the release of tickets from the other team on Wednesdays.

If you want tickets via TicketMaster, and don't live in the Minneapolis area, you'll need to have a credit card (obviously), be online and looking for tickets as soon as they go on sale online. If the locals at the box office have an hour jump on you, don't expect to find any choice seats though. Although in my experience, even the nosebleed seats are pretty good. It's the atmosphere of being in the Dome with all the other Vikings fans that makes any seat in the house a good one. Beware, though, there are some "limited view" tickets that will put you behind a concrete pillar. You don't want to get stuck with one of those.

VKG4LFE
06-28-2004, 10:13 AM
Can I just say I love the dome and have never had a bad seat while watching a football game!! GO VIKES!

magicci
06-28-2004, 10:33 AM
what if you call the ticketmaster in the minnesota area at the time they go on sale over there

little redhead
06-28-2004, 10:41 AM
You should be fine doing that. But remember as other people have already said the box office tickets go on sale an hour before ticketmaster starts selling the tickets so even going through minnesota ticketmaster you will still have an hour penalty so to speak. I don't know if you have to go to the extreme of calling the minnesota number if you have web access you can go to ticketmaster.com and do it that way as long as the tickets have already gone on sale to the public it doesn't matter what time zone you are in when using ticketmaster.com.

josdin00
06-28-2004, 11:10 AM
Another option, other than ticketmaster, that I have heard advertised (I have not actually used this site yet) is stubhub.com. They basically act as a place for season ticket holder to sell their unused tickets. I just did a quick search, and looked at the MIN vs GB game on Dec 24th. They have a variety of sections available, including lower level, 50 yard line seats. It looked like the prices ranged from $50 per to $450 per. Like I said, I haven't used this site yet, but they've been advertising on the local sports talk stations.

purplepat
06-28-2004, 03:15 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

Another option, other than ticketmaster, that I have heard advertised (I have not actually used this site yet) is stubhub.com. They basically act as a place for season ticket holder to sell their unused tickets. I just did a quick search, and looked at the MIN vs GB game on Dec 24th. They have a variety of sections available, including lower level, 50 yard line seats. It looked like the prices ranged from $50 per to $450 per. Like I said, I haven't used this site yet, but they've been advertising on the local sports talk stations.

If you can get tickets for the Packers game for $50 each, that is a bargain (unless they are the limited view seats behind a concrete pillar - I think a season ticket for those seats goes for something like $99 per ticket, which is $10 per game).

purplepat
06-28-2004, 03:23 PM
"magicci" wrote:

what if you call the ticketmaster in the minnesota area at the time they go on sale over there

Not sure what your question is, so I'll address two issues.

1. You'll still have to have a credit card.

2. You may get stuck getting a busy signal, or get answered but put on hold by a machine, where your call is taken in the order received. Depending on how many games/tickets the people on line ahead of you are purchasing, you could be on hold for awhile.

If you can't be at the stadium, buying the tickets over the Internet at TicketMaster.com is definitely the way to go. I'd further advise you to do it from a high speed internet connection as opposed to dial-up. I've done the dial-up thing before, and when ticket demand is high the system response is really slow. It can, in effect, release the tickets that you are offered for purchase before the system can confirm your purchase. Once the system offers some tickets to you, you have five minutes to complete the purchase or the tickets are released back into the system. I've seen the system so bogged down that the five minutes will actually expire while you are waiting for screens to load to complete your purchase. It is extremely frustrating. That is one reason I became a season ticket holder, so I never have to deal with that pain again (and will always have the chance to buy playoff tickets at face price).

little redhead
06-28-2004, 03:28 PM
I did go check out that stub hub and by far they have the lowest ticket prices of the ticket brokers that I have seen. The reason there is a couple $50.00 tickets for the Packers is because they are single tickets meaning they only have one in that location and most people do not go to games by themselves but if you don't mind sitting by yourself that is an awesome price otherwise they jump up in price to like 90.00 a ticket where there is more then one ticket available. But who cares if you are sitting by yourself there is always plenty of fun viking fans around you to talk to.

little redhead
06-29-2004, 03:48 PM
I just remembered another good way to get tickets. I didn't personally purchase these I won them at work in a united way week raffle but if you go to vikings.com and the ticket section you will notice a spot for VIP tickets. They usually have quite a few available for single game purchase they are more expensive but if you are going to shell out big bucks to a ticket broker this would be the better way to go. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed the VIP tickets. First of all not only do you get parking passes that let you park really close to the dome but before the game you get to go to the VIP tent and they have beautiful tables with this huge buffet serving everything from Prime Rib to made to order omelets the buffet is just huge also you have one waiter/waitress for your table bringing you all the free drinks you can handle. During this VIP tent experience you will have various viking alumni come in and you can get autographs etc and then also included in the price is a lower level ticket. It is something I would recommend to experience once if you are looking for a special way to enjoy the game. It was a great time and a cool way to meet other vikings fans. We met a couple from New York the guys wife was a vikings fan he bought her tickets to celebrate her birthday it was really cool. Just a thought if you are willing to spend a little money.