PDA

View Full Version : I saw Jamal Lewis in the airport!!!

vikesboy2003
02-21-2006, 02:21 AM
I saw him on monday leaving Vegas. We passed in line and i said to him "Come to the Vikings" Then Jamal said back to me that there where he wants to go. Later on saw him again and said, "Dawg we get some O-Line you with our D were on our way to the Bowl" Jamal started laughing. But really what do you guys think about him coming to Minnesota????

Lotza
02-21-2006, 02:29 AM
thats pretty fricken awesome!

Jordan
02-21-2006, 02:30 AM
Do u have any pics to prove it because i don't think he'd just say thats where i wanna go but if this is true which i believe u this is grrreeeaaattt news to me.

mr.woo
02-21-2006, 02:34 AM
thats freaking awsome...lucky ba!#@%$

ItalianStallion
02-21-2006, 02:49 AM
He is probably the running back least likely to fit in here. I would take Edge, Alexander or any of the Rbs in the first round over him. That being siad, if we weren't planning on doing any of the above things, then he would help this team.

V4L
02-21-2006, 03:04 AM
I would be happy with him..

Edge first though..

I think Jamal still has some in the tank! U should have told him to come here on PPO braaa!

aceclown
02-21-2006, 03:20 AM
that sounds a bit far fetched, im not sure i believe all of it.

NordicNed
02-21-2006, 03:22 AM
I thought you where going to say you saw him making one of them O.J.Simpson Hertz Rental Car Commercials....LOL

Thats awesome dud, I like Jamal, and I think he's going to come back strong no mater where he plays for the next few years.....

seaniemck7
02-21-2006, 03:32 AM
In reality, he is not Childress' prototypical back. Jamal doesn't block that well, nor does catch the ball out of the backfield. I do not doubt that he could make a sick one-two punch with Mewelde. However that would probably take some adjustments on Childress' part. The question is, what kind of contract does he command after his worst year (probably ever)?

ultravikingfan
02-21-2006, 03:41 AM
I saw Drew Carey in the airport.

He does not want to come here though, sorry. :???:

i_bleed_purple
02-21-2006, 03:42 AM
if we can't get a back like edge, i would love to have lewis. I think that he's still capable of being a 1500+yd back, as long as the line does an adaquate job. i think hte reason he struggled is because he was splitting time with chester taylor. if he could be our full time back, i think he could go over 1000 yds for sure.

and as for him saying he wants to come here, that would be awesome, but i think he was probably just tryin to please the fans by saying "yea i would like to mabye go there"

faninphx
02-21-2006, 03:46 AM
I say nay.

His price tag is too steep and he is too old. Don't get me wrong. I think he's a great back and we obviously have the cash I just think we can spend it better.

i_bleed_purple
02-21-2006, 03:47 AM
we don't actually know what his price tag is. if he goes for a decent price i would be all for it, mabye an incentive laiden contract that pays depending on his performance.

Lotza
02-21-2006, 03:49 AM
no. i dont think he is a good fit for our offense.

but still cool to c him.

Lotza
02-21-2006, 03:52 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

dang. he could help us out on our o line.

MaddenVodkaAddict
02-21-2006, 04:07 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

him and his browns :roll:

NodakPaul
02-21-2006, 04:41 AM
"aceclown" wrote:

that sounds a bit far fetched, im not sure i believe all of it.

Actually, it's not too far fetched. Some (but not all :grin:) NFL players are smart enough to shoot little one liners back to a fan to make them happy. When I was in Macomb, IL, the St Louis Rams had training camp there, and some of them would say anything to get a cheer from a fan. Remember, they get a % of all of their merchandise sold, so it is good to give the fans what they want.

Now, I doubt Jamal Lewis actually wants to come to Minnesota, and even if he did, I doubt we would pursue him, as he doesn't really fit our scheme.

snowinapril
02-21-2006, 04:52 AM
He started to play better towards the end of the season.

Most of the analyst that I heard comment on him thought he wasn't in game shape last year. Didn't have enough time to get in shape coming out of lock up and all.

I don't know about "FIT," but I think he can still run and be an everydown back for aqnother 3-4 years.

I don't have a problem with him at all.

Sometimes we talk like we are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. With all this "fit" talk. These guys are all football players with skill I might add. If they can spell T-E-A-M, they can be on the Vikings.

I am not going to kick J.Lewis off the field for eating crackers between the lines.

DarrinNelsonguy
02-21-2006, 04:58 AM
As I have stated earlier, I want nothing to do with him (injury prone/downside of career) and he does not really fit the style of offense we will run here because he cannot catch the ball out of the backfield.

Cool that you ran into him at the airport though.

ItalianStallion
02-21-2006, 05:11 AM
All I'm saying is that he isn't a great pass catcher.

Lotza
02-21-2006, 05:14 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

All I'm saying is that he isn't a great pass catcher.yo your 2 year is comin up man!

Eyedea
02-21-2006, 05:19 AM
I would rather have his teammate...Cestor Taylor

ItalianStallion
02-21-2006, 05:43 AM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

All I'm saying is that he isn't a great pass catcher.yo your 2 year is comin up man!

hehe, you mean 3 years.

Ltrey33
02-21-2006, 06:05 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I saw Deuce McCallister in a hotel in Baltimore a few years ago when the Saints were in town to play the Ravens. He doesn't want to play here either. :???:

VikesfaninWis
02-21-2006, 06:26 AM
I saw Ed Mcmahon once in the Airport in Chicago (O'Hara) He just smiled at me, he didn't say a word, but I could read his eyes. He was saying I want to be the GM of the Minnesota Vikings..

No really I did see him though. That was in June of 2004 on my way to Orlando Florida. I also saw the American Dream Dusty Rhodes (pro wrestler and legend for those that don't watch wrestling) that was within 10 minutes of each other.. I actually got to talk with Dusty which is way cooler than Mcmahon becuase I am a huge wrestling fan..

collegeguyjeff
02-21-2006, 07:06 AM
thats cool, i saw the undertaker in the memphis airport with his short lil blonde wife; i wanted to say hi but his arms are the size of my legs; he's bigger than he looks on tv and i didn't want him to choke slam me to hell.

collegeguyjeff
02-21-2006, 07:08 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

I saw Ed Mcmahon once in the Airport in Chicago (O'Hara) He just smiled at me, he didn't say a word, but I could read his eyes. He was saying I want to be the GM of the Minnesota Vikings..

No really I did see him though. That was in June of 2004 on my way to Orlando Florida. I also saw the American Dream Dusty Rhodes (pro wrestler and legend for those that don't watch wrestling) that was within 10 minutes of each other.. I actually got to talk with Dusty which is way cooler than Mcmahon becuase I am a huge wrestling fan..

dusty rhodes? ha he's real hard to miss, and if the american dream is to be fat and overweight i guess he is it then. ha ha i remember watching him beat people up on tv

Vikes
02-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Awsome story...

vikesoto
02-21-2006, 07:46 AM
Not for Daunte!!

LuckyVike
02-21-2006, 07:58 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

thats cool, i saw the undertaker in the memphis airport with his short lil blonde wife; i wanted to say hi but his arms are the size of my legs; he's bigger than he looks on tv and i didn't want him to choke slam me to hell.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That cracked me up man.

vikesoto
02-21-2006, 08:07 AM
I saw Tera Patrick at LAX !!!!!!

cajunvike
02-21-2006, 08:30 AM
"faninphx" wrote:

I say nay.

His price tag is too steep and he is too old. Don't get me wrong. I think he's a great back and we obviously have the cash I just think we can spend it better.

He's 26, dude...do some research!!! :???:

cajunvike
02-21-2006, 09:38 AM
When my wife worked for Ritz-Carlton, she was the personal concierge for both Emmitt Smith and Marshall Faulk when their respective teams were in town to play the Redskins!

It was wasted on her though...she doesn't care about football a whit! :sad:

XxS2TheEvoxX
02-21-2006, 10:25 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"faninphx" wrote:

I say nay.

He's 26, dude...do some research!!! :???:

Wow, thank god I'm not the only one who noticed that.

Prophet
02-21-2006, 01:07 PM
I was in the Atlanta airport last year and saw Michael Vick walking with his entourage and instinctively called out, 'Ron Mexico'. Needless to say, he didn't have any words to toss my way, but I did get an evil stare directed at me. I have been more scared when our neighbor's miniature poodle pranced by.

Lotza
02-21-2006, 03:03 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

hehe, you mean 3 years.

ooops... you know what i mean! haha.

NodakPaul
02-21-2006, 04:06 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

When my wife worked for Ritz-Carlton, she was the personal concierge for both Emmitt Smith and Marshall Faulk when their respective teams were in town to play the Redskins!

I know how that goes. My wife used to be the same way. When we lived in IL, she worked with Student Services at the University that hosted the St Louis Rams for training camp. As a result she was often talked into helping out on move in and move out day. In 2001 she spent the entire day helping out an athlete she described as a gentleman and very polite. When she got home that day she asked me if I knew who this Issac Bruce guy was... :shock: She's coming around now though. She can generally pick out most of the Vikings starters on the field during the games.

ChezPizmo
02-21-2006, 04:09 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Haha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

vikesboy2003
02-21-2006, 05:29 PM
I didn't ask to take a picture with him because it was like 5:00 oclock in the morning and i know if i were to be asked to take a picture with someone at that time i wouldn't be happy. And for all the people that think that my story is fake well i got an asnwer for you,"Everybody has there thoughts" and i can't help that But i did see him and thats what he said.

VikesfaninWis
02-21-2006, 05:43 PM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

The Undertaker is much bigger than he look on tv. I saw him at a live event one time in GB. It was cool, it was me, my brother, and 2 of our friends. When we were pulling up to the arena Undertaker and Paul Bearer were right next to us at the light in their rental car.

We were trying to get the camera ready, and Taker looked at us. We ended up shooting a pic of the roof of my car because we were so excited that a pro wrestler was right next to us. That was like 11 years ago. We had front row tickets, and Undertaker wrestled Shawn Michaels that night.

Diesel (Kevin Nash) was wrestling Bob Backlund for the WWF Title. Shawn came out with Bob Backlund, and Diesel was running after Shawn and actually dropped his belt right in front of us and one part of the strap was under the railing. The security guards were on the WWF Belt faster that stink on sh!t. Anyways, Paul Bearer comes right by us, and my brother says hey Paul, you remember us. He just looked at us and said" You Guys". That was a blast. We went to the Airport after the event to see if we could find anyone but we didn't. We found out later that the wrestlers had a meet and greet backstage that night, so they were at the Airport much later.

cajunvike
02-21-2006, 05:44 PM
"vikesboy2003" wrote:

I didn't ask to take a picture with him because it was like 5:00 oclock in the morning and i know if i were to be asked to take a picture with someone at that time i wouldn't be happy. And for all the people that think that my story is fake well i got an asnwer for you,"Everybody has there thoughts" and i can't help that But i did see him and thats what he said.

I believe you man!

:grin:

V4L
02-21-2006, 05:47 PM
I believe it too..

And I do think he would want to come to Minny..

Im sure he knows we need a RB.. He knows our D is sick.. He knows we got some new coaches and all that..

VikesfaninWis
02-21-2006, 05:49 PM
"vikesboy2003" wrote:

No man, just joking with ya. I believe you. I have seen alot of famous people in my day. Especially have grown up in Florida, and my dad owned a Limousine Business.

My dad had alot of famous wrestlers in his Limo's. When the wrestling of that day (we are talking about the 80's) was always held at the West Palm Beach Auditorium. My dad once had Barry Whindham, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, and Arn Anderson in his limo at the same time, and if anyone knows wrestling, you would know that Dusty Rhodes and Ric Flair at that time hated each other and were wrestling over the NWA Title. Yet they were traveling together.

Lotza
02-21-2006, 05:50 PM
slick sig vikesfaninwis

simonsparre
02-21-2006, 05:51 PM
If he can give us a ring, yes!

If he can't no! :)

simonsparre
02-21-2006, 05:51 PM
If he can give us a ring, yes!

If he can't, no! :)

VikesfaninWis
02-21-2006, 05:52 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I believe it too..

Im sure he knows we need a RB.. He knows our D is sick.. He knows we got some new coaches and all that..

I am pretty sure he would want to come to Minny, but I don't think Minny wants him.

I think the Vikes have their sights set on either E. James, or S. Alexander. Those two are better suited for our offense..

VikesfaninWis
02-21-2006, 05:56 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

I know how that goes. My wife used to be the same way. When we lived in IL, she worked with Student Services at the University that hosted the St Louis Rams for training camp. As a result she was often talked into helping out on move in and move out day. In 2001 she spent the entire day helping out an athlete she described as a gentleman and very polite. When she got home that day she asked me if I knew who this Issac Bruce guy was... :shock: She's coming around now though. She can generally pick out most of the Vikings starters on the field during the games.

Cool! No never heard of an Isacc Bruce sweetheart. lol. I wis I could run into some pro football players once in a while. I always seem to run into wrestlers.. Thats cool though, I will take what I can get.

V4L
02-21-2006, 05:57 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I believe it too..

I am pretty sure he would want to come to Minny, but I don't think Minny wants him.

I think the Vikes have their sights set on either E. James, or S. Alexander. Those two are better suited for our offense..

Yah I would rather have Edge or Shaun too.. But if they are too spendy and don't want to come here I want Jamal :cool:

VikesfaninWis
02-21-2006, 05:58 PM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

slick sig vikesfaninwis

Thanks Lotza! Vikez4Lyfe made it for me. What do ya think, will they both be here next season or just one of them?

VikesfaninWis
02-21-2006, 06:00 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I believe it too..

Yah I would rather have Edge or Shaun too.. But if they are too spendy and don't want to come here I want Jamal :cool:

I think Jamal Lewis would do alright in the WCO. Apparently they didn't run a version of the wco in Baltimore. I believe they would rather have a RB that has already played the system before, but yes I agree. If the others prove to be to pricey, then bring in Lewis.

V4L
02-21-2006, 06:02 PM
I mean he isn't the prototype WCO back.. But he is a proven back and would do better then anyone we have now..

But Edge or Shaun would fit PERFECT

DCPologirl
02-21-2006, 08:51 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Cool! No never heard of an Isacc Bruce sweetheart. lol. I wis I could run into some pro football players once in a while. I always seem to run into wrestlers.. Thats cool though, I will take what I can get.

Move to DC, I run into the Deadskin players all the time.

VikesfaninWis
02-21-2006, 09:14 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

No thanks DC. I would rather run into no-name wrestlers than run into Redskins players. Thanks for the info though.lol

seaniemck7
02-21-2006, 09:34 PM
/hijack...

I used to travel a lot these are some of the people I saw in airports:

Lee Corso
Goldberg (He was a monster)
Barry Sanders! (I got his autograph in a novel I was reading at the time)
George Stienbrenner (Believe it or not, I sat next to him in first class. Good guy. I think the conversaiton ended after I asked him about his Seinfeld character :lol:)

cajunvike
02-21-2006, 09:43 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

You get any autographs for DCPologuy??? :lol:

briboy75
02-21-2006, 10:34 PM
"Jordan" wrote:

Do u have any pics to prove it because i don't think he'd just say thats where i wanna go but if this is true which i believe u this is grrreeeaaattt news to me.

just curious... and im not a lawyer or anything...but..how would a picture prove what he said?

VikesfaninWis
02-21-2006, 10:41 PM
"briboy75" wrote:

"Jordan" wrote:

just curious... and im not a lawyer or anything...but..how would a picture prove what he said?

Maybe its a camcorder.. and then they slow motioned the whole video, and you can see him talking by reading his lips.. can you tell I am not a lawyer either? lol

collegeguyjeff
02-22-2006, 02:06 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

The Undertaker is much bigger than he look on tv. I saw him at a live event one time in GB. It was cool, it was me, my brother, and 2 of our friends. When we were pulling up to the arena Undertaker and Paul Bearer were right next to us at the light in their rental car.

We were trying to get the camera ready, and Taker looked at us. We ended up shooting a pic of the roof of my car because we were so excited that a pro wrestler was right next to us. That was like 11 years ago. We had front row tickets, and Undertaker wrestled Shawn Michaels that night.

Diesel (Kevin Nash) was wrestling Bob Backlund for the WWF Title. Shawn came out with Bob Backlund, and Diesel was running after Shawn and actually dropped his belt right in front of us and one part of the strap was under the railing. The security guards were on the WWF Belt faster that stink on sh!t. Anyways, Paul Bearer comes right by us, and my brother says hey Paul, you remember us. He just looked at us and said" You Guys". That was a blast. We went to the Airport after the event to see if we could find anyone but we didn't. We found out later that the wrestlers had a meet and greet backstage that night, so they were at the Airport much later.

i saw him about 3 years ago or so, i remember back 11 years ago he looked kinda skinny, not real skinny but not ripped. when i saw him he was pretty darn muscular.

cajunvike
02-22-2006, 03:09 AM
I saw Joe one time at the airport.

seaniemck7
02-22-2006, 04:05 AM
Joe who ?????

:wink:
/waiting with anticipation

Lotza
02-22-2006, 04:10 AM
"seaniemck7" wrote:

Joe who ?????

JOE MAMMA!!!!!!!!!!!

seaniemck7
02-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Yes!

That made my day.

DCPologirl
02-22-2006, 08:26 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Hell no.....I won't do that even for him.....I would risk them thinking I am a fan of theirs :pukeright:

cajunvike
02-22-2006, 08:30 PM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"seaniemck7" wrote:

Joe who ?????

JOE MAMMA!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil4:

cajunvike
02-22-2006, 08:33 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Hell no.....I won't do that even for him.....I would risk them thinking I am a fan of theirs :pukeright:

ROTFFLMMFAO!!!