PDA

View Full Version : Udeze making his way back

singersp
02-20-2006, 02:25 PM
From KFFL;

Vikings | Udeze making his way back
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:18:24 -0800

Kevin Seifert, writing for the Sporting News, reports Minnesota Vikings DE Kenechi Udeze (knee) is working his way back from a knee injury that cut short his 2005 season. Udeze had microfracture surgery performed on his knee, an advanced procedure that doesn't always allow football players to get all the way back to 100 percent. This winter, however, Udeze has begun running agility drills at the team's practice facility. Udeze will have to beat out DE Darrion Scott or DE Erasmus James to regain his starting spot in 2006

NordicNed
02-20-2006, 02:59 PM
Nice to hear something about Udeze,

I sure hope he has a nice comeback, he sure has shown some signs of being a solid player, but that darn injury bug keeps finding him...

I'm not sure how to feel about the line that says the surgery is not a 100% recovery type surgery......I wonder what that meens exactly.

Does he come back 99% or 75%?

Makes me wonder.....

singersp
02-20-2006, 03:35 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Nice to hear something about Udeze,

I sure hope he has a nice comeback, he sure has shown some signs of being a solid player, but that darn injury bug keeps finding him...

I'm not sure how to feel about the line that says the surgery is not a 100% recovery type surgery......I wonder what that meens exactly.

Makes me wonder.....

It states that the player doesn't always come back to 100%.

It's still possible for him to come back at 100%.

I wonder what the odds are as to what percentages the players do come back to?

VikesfaninWis
02-20-2006, 04:53 PM
I hope he comes back 100%. I could very well see Udeze on one side and James on the other. Two great DE that are quick, and know how to get to the QB. Come back healthy Udeze. Can't wait..

ultravikingfan
02-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Thats good to hear!

I would take a healthy Udeze at 90% over the majority of DE's.

Man, if he and James would gel.....wow! :shock:

digital420
02-20-2006, 05:46 PM
yeah that's def good news...

can't wait to see Udeze and James thunder together!!!

DiGiTaL

singersp
02-20-2006, 06:02 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Thats good to hear!

Not to mention throwing P-Will & K-Will into that mix! :wink:

Jviking
02-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Can't wait to see him back. I agree that with he and james, scott and johnstone (and the williams duo)!!! Come on!! our line has depth and looks great!! I am excited, but its the offseason.

jordy
02-20-2006, 07:01 PM
man, i honestly think this can be the most dominating d-line....you have Udeze, James, Scott, Johnstone ( if the resign him ) and then you'v got the williams duo, hard to run on that those 2...

Vikes
02-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Alright Udeze. Keep up the good work.

VikesfaninWis
02-20-2006, 07:32 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Thats good to hear!

Not to mention throwing P-Will & K-Will into that mix! :wink:

A-Men Singers. That would be an awesome D-Line. P-Will added so much to that line last season. K-Will was injured and it showed, but it seems like those two thrive off of each other. A fully healthy K-Will, P-Will and James, and Udeze along with Scott, and possibly Johnstone (if resigned) WOW. What a line..

Benet
02-20-2006, 09:30 PM
If that front 4 can live up to its' potential.. I don't wanna jinx it, but could we be looking at the Purple People Eaters Version II?!

I sure hope so..

V4L
02-20-2006, 09:38 PM
He is a very good player from what we have seen so far.. And is young..

Can't wait for him to make it back.. We could use some pressure

mr.woo
02-20-2006, 10:35 PM
in the nfl no one is ever 100% so hopefully he doesnt need to get there.

gregair13
02-20-2006, 11:40 PM
we need udeze back in the lineup. he is solid. our front 4 is among the best in the league when healthy.

vikesoto
02-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Udeze and James..... $#@& yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canadian_vikes_fan
02-22-2006, 07:43 AM
That's my boy.

I'll make sure my kid gets lots of sleep and is well prepared for training camp.

In all seriousness though, I think he is a very good end, and with a few years experience under his belt, if he is able to come back healthy, I think he could be a force. He's got the size and the speed to be a dominant player on the D-line, and he will be an integral part to our defence's success.

LuckyVike
02-22-2006, 07:59 AM
When we first drafted Udeze and during the pre-season last season I had high hopes for Udeze. I'm becoming afraid that he won't be able reach those expectations...

snowinapril
02-22-2006, 08:21 AM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

When we first drafted Udeze and during the pre-season last season I had high hopes for Udeze. I'm becoming afraid that he won't be able reach those expectations...

I am glad someone said IT, I have been thinking IT for a while now. I didn't know if it was just me being crazy insane in the membrane or if it was really a concern.

digital420
02-22-2006, 11:52 AM
I havn't seen yet where his size + speed + game knowledge has been in question.. it's his ditermination that i question..

is he ready to play through the normal pains of the game? will he use it to push that extra bit? I think P-will is gonna help here as he's gonna show Udeze how to play pisted off!!!!

DiGiTaL