PDA

View Full Version : SN on Darrion Scott, the Cottrell D, and the Vikes WRs

sdvikefan
06-23-2004, 08:27 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2503688

Good reports especially on the defensive side...

Cottrell has built a new defense for the Vikes this year and has gotten several of his favorite players. I think we can see what a difference he is making in this organization. People trust his experience and his eye for talent. I don't care what people say about how he did with the Jets defense...because of the breakdown between him and Edwards he never really had a chance there. In Minnesota it seems like he has been given much more control and I think he is really turning things around. He will be our best DC since Tony Dungy.

RandyMoss8404
06-23-2004, 08:40 PM
What concerns me is just what they said: Do we have a possession WR?

ItalianStallion
06-23-2004, 11:04 PM
do we need one? I thought that is why we have a great running game.

VikemanX84
06-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Well, with 111 catches, I think Moss can Do it all.

Burleson will make an excellent possession WR, and I think he'll end up at the #3 spot and we'll see the Vikings run 3 WR sets a lot to try and encourage the blitz and leave Moss one-on-one.

On top of that Wiggins will be a decent receiver for us. Also, Jimmy K has developed as a decent receiving threat.

The Vikings also run a lot of WR screens.

I find the fact that you have any concerns about our WRs at all very humerous.

sdvikefan
06-24-2004, 12:50 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

What concerns me is just what they said: Do we have a possession WR?

Um...they never said we don't have a possession receiver. What they said was that Moss and Robinson are deep threats while Burleson can run other routes, mainly across the middle. He did a lot of that last year and did real good. During the Falcons and Chiefs games in particular I remember Burleson running several quick slants and deep posts and coming up with some big gains. That's why the coaches like him so much. He adds another dimension to the offense. He may not be able to take pressure off Moss but he's very valuable.