PDA

View Full Version : Stadium help

coreyd
02-18-2006, 07:39 AM
What can we do as Minnesota Vikings fans do to help get this stadium. I for one live in Blaine within running distance to the proposed stadium. I am all for it. This is a city that has a lot of potential and if the stadium gets passed then its only going to benefit us in the long run. For those who are against I understand completely, but think long term. Think about the revenue it will bring.

Can we start a petition?

Donate money? Hell, Wilf will give a lot....I got five on it!

Seriously though...this is our team...lets make some noise for it.

whiteviking24
02-18-2006, 09:02 AM
"coreyd" wrote:

What can we do as Minnesota Vikings fans do to help get this stadium. I for one live in Blaine within running distance to the proposed stadium. I am all for it. This is a city that has a lot of potential and if the stadium gets passed then its only going to benefit us in the long run. For those who are against I understand completely, but think long term. Think about the revenue it will bring.

Can we start a petition?

I hear you man,

I was thinking about that today.

They could set up some kinda donation thing were fans can "buy a brick" thing to help afford the new stadium were you get a certificate for donation or something and every "brick" would cost like $200 or something....

don't know how many poeple would be willing to do that however?

If 60,000 fans would do that it would add up to $12 million.

NordicNed
02-18-2006, 01:00 PM
"whiteviking24" wrote:

"coreyd" wrote:

Can we start a petition?

I hear you man,

They could set up some kinda donation thing were fans can "buy a brick" thing to help afford the new stadium were you get a certificate for donation or something and every "brick" would cost like $200 or something....

WhiteViking,

Not a bad idea, they could call it the PPTV.....

" Purple Pride Path to Victory"

I'de get a brick if it happened......Maybe Wilf will see your :wink: post.... :wink:

ultravikingfan
02-18-2006, 02:18 PM
If you got an extra 300 mil around that would help. :grin:

singersp
02-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Many other teams give guided tour through their stadiums on non-game days & there is an admission fee & they have team sports shops that bring in additional revenue.

Monies could also be raised by an admission fee/donations to the Vikings hall of fame museum to help support the stadium project.

Here in Wisconsin, every year on the State tax forms, there is a voluntary box you can check to donate money for the Lambeau field renevotion.

I've always wanted to write LMFAO! in that space, but I feared it might trigger an audit! :grin:

spdolphs
02-18-2006, 03:05 PM
What would the state do if 3M said they were planning a billion dollar expansion that would create jobs and stimulate the local economy. If they needed a little help with road improvements I would bet the state would be doing backflips and writing checks faster than you could say Scotch Tape!

Why don't they act the same way when another major business (Vikes) does this?

VikesfaninWis
02-18-2006, 04:54 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Many other teams give guided tour through their stadiums on non-game days & there is an admission fee & they have team sports shops that bring in additional revenue.

Monies could also be raised by an admission fee/donations to the Vikings hall of fame museum to help support the stadium project.

Here in Wisconsin, every year on the State tax forms, there is a voluntary box you can check to donate money for the Lambeau field renevotion.

I've always wanted to write LMFAO! in that space, but I feared it might trigger an audit! :grin:

Singers, you are in Wisconsin? Here I thought you were in Minnesota.. Anyways, yes I would be in favor of something that would voice our opinion as Vikings fans..

By the way, how far is Blaine from the HHH Dome? Just wondering, because I usually come to Minnesota for some Vikes games, and would like to know how much farther it is.. If it gets done that is..

COJOMAY
02-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Well, I don't live in Miinnesota but I wrote to the Governor. If he got 5000 e-mails from PPO members that may help a bit.
Here's the e-mail address: tim.pawlenty@state.mn.us

singersp
02-18-2006, 05:07 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Singers, you are in Wisconsin? Here I thought you were in Minnesota.. Anyways, yes I would be in favor of something that would voice our opinion as Vikings fans..

By the way, how far is Blaine from the HHH Dome? Just wondering, because I usually come to Minnesota for some Vikes games, and would like to know how much farther it is.. If it gets done that is..

Yes, I live in Wisconsin. About 30 miles north of La Crosse & right across the river from Winina, MN.

As far as how far Blaine is from the Thunder Dome. I'm not sure.

It really doesn't matter to me. I'm going to be their at least 10 times a year regardless. :grin:

gregair13
02-18-2006, 06:18 PM
go door to door and get people to sign stuff and say they support the making of the stadium. show that to the gov't and once they see that the people are behind the idea they might want to build it more.

i say you should be able to buy a brick or some part of the building for a price.

singersp
02-18-2006, 06:20 PM
How about a date with a cheerleader to raise some funds? :cool:

PurplePumpkin
02-18-2006, 06:23 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

"whiteviking24" wrote:

"coreyd" wrote:

Can we start a petition?

I hear you man,

WhiteViking,

Not a bad idea, they could call it the PPTV.....

" Purple Pride Path to Victory"

I'de get a brick if it happened......Maybe Wilf will see your :wink: post.... :wink:

I'd be willing to buy a brick! Even if it was up to $250 + 60,000 fans = 15 Million ( great idea WhiteViking!)
I'm with Coreyd ...we as fans should be able to do something?

singersp
02-18-2006, 06:32 PM
One would think there would be players willing to donate their time in fund raiser events that would bring the fans in & help the cause.

coreyd
02-18-2006, 07:24 PM
Well lets do something.....I am sick of hearing about this issue. It needs to be passed so we can move forward. The team deserves it. The owner has proven that he wants a trophy. Lets help the s.o.b. out a little and get this thing passed.

singersp
02-18-2006, 07:32 PM
"coreyd" wrote:

Well lets do something.....I am sick of hearing about this issue. It needs to be passed so we can move forward. The team deserves it. The owner has proven that he wants a trophy. Lets help the s.o.b. out a little and get this thing passed.

Webby is going to get a petition going on this site to back the stadium proposal. :grin:

VikesfaninWis
02-18-2006, 08:23 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Yes, I live in Wisconsin. About 30 miles north of La Crosse & right across the river from Winina, MN.

As far as how far Blaine is from the Thunder Dome. I'm not sure.

It really doesn't matter to me. I'm going to be their at least 10 times a year regardless. :grin:

Is LaCrosse by Rhinelander? I believe I know where that is..

singersp
02-18-2006, 08:57 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Is LaCrosse by Rhinelander? I believe I know where that is..

No Rhinelander is way north & east near the top of the state.

LaCrosse is almost directly straight across the state from Oskosh or Sheybogan. Right on the MN/WI border.

collegeguyjeff
02-19-2006, 06:53 AM
well a petition is one way to start.

DarrinNelsonguy
02-19-2006, 10:54 PM
I sent a letter to my state Rep, Senator, and the Gov on Friday telling them of my support for the 3 stadium proposals and I urge the rest of the Minnesotans on this page to do the same. So far I have heard back from one of them so far

From Rep. Patti Fritz (MN House),

Thank you for sending along your thoughts on the stadiums issue.
I am a co-author on the Mn. Twins bill. The U of M's proposal is solid
and I think it will pass the House. The Vikings issue is another story.
As a blue collar worker I can see the jobs that the stadiums will give
our workers, and I am also concerned about the Twins leaving the state.
I am not so sure of the Viking proposal, but will keep an open mind.
Again, Thanks for the email

Best Regards
Patti

I wish that she would have stated her concerns but I appreciated her response.

snowinapril
02-19-2006, 11:12 PM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

I sent a letter to my state Rep, Senator, and the Gov on Friday telling them of my support for the 3 stadium proposals and I urge the rest of the Minnesotans on this page to do the same. So far I have heard back from one of them so far

From Rep. Patti Fritz (MN House),

Thank you for sending along your thoughts on the stadiums issue.
I am a co-author on the Mn. Twins bill. The U of M's proposal is solid
and I think it will pass the House. The Vikings issue is another story.
As a blue collar worker I can see the jobs that the stadiums will give
our workers, and I am also concerned about the Twins leaving the state.
I am not so sure of the Viking proposal, but will keep an open mind.
Again, Thanks for the email

Best Regards
Patti

I wish that she would have stated her concerns but I appreciated her response.

Civic Duty and Viking Duty!

Cool! Way to be proactive.

Write her again and tell her you are a Yankee Fan and you could care less about the Twins and see how she responds. JK, LOL :cool:

DarrinNelsonguy
02-19-2006, 11:18 PM
For those of you Minnesotans who are in support of a new Gopher's on campus stadium the U hs made it very easy to send a letter to your legislators in support.

Below is a link to the University support page all you have to do is fill out your email address, home address and information and click submit and it will send a form letter from you to your respective legislators automatically.

http://ga4.org/campaign/stadium06

I will keep everyone posted when I here back from the other 2 legislators that I contacted.

DarrinNelsonguy
02-20-2006, 03:31 AM
Let's hope that the Powerball winner in Nebraska is a Viking fan and will so us a little love with some of the prize.

DarrinNelsonguy
02-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Here is the response I got on my stadium letter from Gov. Pawlenty:

Thank you for contacting Governor Pawlenty’s office with your thoughts. Because the Governor’s e-mail gets several hundred e-mail a day this reply is set up to notify you that your important message has been received.

Messages are routed to the appropriate person for assistance or compiled by issue area for the Governor’s review. Please know that your comments are important to our office and will be thoroughly considered.

If you need immediate attention, please call the Governor's office at (651) 296-3391 or 1-800-657-3717.

Thank you for taking the time to contact our office. Active and thoughtful citizens like you make Minnesota a great state in which to live.

I still have my State Senator to hear from yet so I will post it when I receive it.

COJOMAY
02-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Active and thoughtful citizens like you make Minnesota a great state in which to live.

I got the same e-mail back from the Governors office which prove no one in the office reads them. I plainly stated I was from Kentuck so that my letter may not have much impact.

DarrinNelsonguy
02-21-2006, 04:05 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Active and thoughtful citizens like you make Minnesota a great state in which to live.

I got the same e-mail back from the Governors office which prove no one in the office reads them. I plainly stated I was from Kentuck so that my letter may not have much impact.

Yeah, I do not think they read them they probably just stack them by topic for review later as they stated in the reply.

DarrinNelsonguy
02-22-2006, 03:54 AM
Got my final response from the letter I sent to my legislators and here is the final response from my State Senator Dick Day.

From Senator Day:

Thanks for your input. I agree with you. Feel free to contact me again in the
future if I can be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Dick Day
State Senator
District 26

singersp
02-22-2006, 04:58 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

Got my final response from the letter I sent to my legislators and here is the final response from my State Senator slick willy Day.

From Senator Day:

Sincerely,

slick willy Day
State Senator
District 26

Don't you just hate the thread editor somedays? [slick willy] :lol:

digital420
02-22-2006, 10:38 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

Got my final response from the letter I sent to my legislators and here is the final response from my State Senator slick willy Day.

From Senator Day:

HAHAHAHA write him a mail about needing to change the color of the trees to purple and see if you get the "I agree with you" statememnt again.. i'll put $$ down that it's an auto respond Hey I agree with you vote for me again!! (but i won't do anything about what you want)"

DiGiTaL

digital420
02-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Viking Stadium Drive (https://www.minnesotamomentum.com/Register.jsp)

here's a url for showing support for the "Northern Lights" project

DiGiTaL

coreyd
02-23-2006, 03:58 AM
Alright now. Lets quit sitting aorund on our computers and show the team the support its going to take in order to get it done. Lets do something this weekend to get the ball rolling.

SERIOUSLY!!! Lets meet somewhere (for those of us who are local) and start planning something. I am currently unemployed and seriously would dedicate the next 3 months to get signatures. No bullshit. Door to door. Mall walkers. bums. I dont care. LETS DO THE DAMN THANG!!!

DarrinNelsonguy
02-23-2006, 04:24 AM
I just joined the Momentum and we should think about starting a pettition for at least the people who live in MN.

coreyd
02-23-2006, 04:28 AM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

I just joined the Momentum and we should think about starting a pettition for at least the people who live in MN.

THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!

Lets be the voice that isnt quiet. Lets stand out more than the so called "fans" of other teams. Lets show our love, passion, and committment to our team.

I am serious, I will do nothing but get signatures for the next 3 months. Wouldnt mind some company, but its not necessary. Hell, if nobody else wants to help me out, I am going to do it alone.

SJHILL
02-23-2006, 04:39 AM
I'm a Minnesotan who is in favor of building three new stadiums. There was an article in the paper today saying that the Twins are likely to get a new outdoor stadium in Minneapolis. The Gopher Football program is also likely to get an on-campus stadium. I am glad that 2/3 of this thing seems to be won, but now we have to work a Viking stadium. I'll do whatever I can for the Vikings to get a stadium in Blaine.

SharperVikings
02-23-2006, 04:42 AM
"SJHILL" wrote:

I'm a Minnesotan who is in favor of building three new stadiums. There was an article in the paper today saying that the Twins are likely to get a new outdoor stadium in Minneapolis. The Gopher Football program is also likely to get an on-campus stadium. I am glad that 2/3 of this thing seems to be won, but now we have to work a Viking stadium. I'll do whatever I can for the Vikings to get a stadium in Blaine.

In that article did it list any possible timeframes??

DarrinNelsonguy
02-23-2006, 04:43 AM
"SJHILL" wrote:

Still doesn't hurt to send a letter to your legislators to let them know how you feel. Leave no doubt man, leave no doubt!

In an earlier post in this thread I posted a link to join the Gophers stadium drive page to sign up on everyone who wants to sign up it is real easy just enter some basic info and it automatically sends a form letter to your legislators for you.

ga4.org/campaign/stadium06

SJHILL
02-23-2006, 04:53 AM
"SharperVikings" wrote:

"SJHILL" wrote:

In that article did it list any possible timeframes??

For the last year I have heard that the Twins stadium will be up for the '09 season. That's just rumors. I'm not sure about TCF Bank Stadium(the Gophs supposed new home) it all depends when the bills get passed I suppose.

collegeguyjeff
02-23-2006, 05:30 AM
i don't think the gophers need a stadium they can use the dome

WBLVikeBabe
02-23-2006, 05:37 AM
I was watching the news earlier and Bud Grant was interviewed about the stadium trying to push it. I thought that was pretty huge and I liked how the sports guy said If Bud Grant says we need a new stadium then we should get one!

aceclown
02-23-2006, 05:56 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

seems like a nice enough venue for a college team, but many gopher fans feel it lacks the college feel of a stadium such as camp randall.

aceclown
02-23-2006, 05:59 AM
how about if any vikes fans go to the draft they show their support for a stadium there, fans always get air time there. i think ned is going, not sure about anyone else

cajunvike
02-23-2006, 06:04 AM
"aceclown" wrote:

how about if any vikes fans go to the draft they show their support for a stadium there, fans always get air time there. i think ned is going, not sure about anyone else

Ned and I are definitely going to the NFL Draft in NYC in late April...I will talk to him about a banner of some sort...maybe one that also has PP.O prominently displayed on it too!!! (gotta give Webby some FREE pub as well!) :grin:

coreyd
02-23-2006, 06:05 AM
"aceclown" wrote:

I am game all the way. I say we go show our support and show them that this is something we as a community want. That might be the last hold up. I have a feeling its all going to come down to support from the people. Lets be the voice. Lets do this for our team. I say we get the ball rolling. All the emails and what not are good but think about the secretary behind the desk answering the email. Thats one thing you need to think about. Not to think negative on the situation but there are a lot of things they as poloticians need to worry about. Like kickbacks and how they can get money from corporations. You think they want to worry about a stadium? They already have one. Its not life and death.

Its nice to post messages about support, but until Pawlenty and his crew become members, its rather pointless.

cajunvike
02-23-2006, 06:09 AM
"aceclown" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

seems like a nice enough venue for a college team, but many gopher fans feel it lacks the college feel of a stadium such as camp randall.

That is true...when I went to The University of Houston, they played in the Astrodome...but after I left, they renovated old Robertson Stadium (used to be Jeppeson Stadium, where the first two AFL championships were played) on campus to get that reconnect with the student body!

I went to a U of H game at the Astrodome (since I got the hookup in one of the luxury suites) and I would totally agree that the atmosphere was pretty sterile and not like a game at LSU Tiger Stadium (from my experience) or any other BIG TIME college football program!

whackthepack
02-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Minnesota congress is only in session for 5 weeks this year, from what I am hearing they will look at the Gophers and Twins stadium but do not want to address the Vikings stadium issue. hopefully this will change, but at this time the session is short and they only want to address crucial issues.

ultravikingfan
02-23-2006, 04:17 PM
"aceclown" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

Bingo!

College ball is such an experience. You look around at the famous venues and the feel that they have...The Shoe, The Big House, etc.

DarrinNelsonguy
02-23-2006, 05:17 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

Bingo!

College ball is such an experience. You look around at the famous venues and the feel that they have...The Shoe, The Big House, etc.

Right on ultra the Gophers need to be back on campus where they belong because the atmosphere is greatly lacking at the dome.

ultravikingfan
02-23-2006, 06:18 PM
"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

Bingo!

Right on ultra the Gophers need to be back on campus where they belong because the atmosphere is greatly lacking at the dome.

Go to an Ohio State game once. Then a Gopher game. You'll see. :wink:

sleepagent
02-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Ohio State? I think you mean MICHIGAN baby!

ultravikingfan
02-23-2006, 06:27 PM
"sleepagent" wrote:

A PA resident not cheering for Penn Suck?

Michigan...puleaz!

OSU owns them turds!

(BTW...I am a Gopher and Bison fan. Just live in Ohio)

DarrinNelsonguy
02-23-2006, 06:42 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"aceclown" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

Bingo!

Go to an Ohio State game once. Then a Gopher game. You'll see. :wink:

Ultra, I have had the honor to attend a game at "The Shoe" about 4 years ago when we were in Columbus for a fraternity convention and it was a great atmoshpere, but it is dwarfed by the Florida-FSU game that I attended about 5 years ago when my cousin lived down there. It was awesome.

sleepagent
02-23-2006, 06:44 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"sleepagent" wrote:

A PA resident not cheering for Penn Suck?

Michigan...puleaz!

OSU owns them turds!

(BTW...I am a Gopher and Bison fan. Just live in Ohio)

I moved to PA after living in MI for about 5+ years. I know about the "passion" that exists between the two teams & thought I'd try to get under your skin.

I am a PENN STATE fan. . . AND . . . I just live in PA too. :cheers: