PDA

View Full Version : espn2k5

magicci
06-20-2004, 06:37 PM
I was watching a video trailer for espn2k5 football and it's stupid because it has a sequence of moss dropping a touchdown catch!! I know that wouldn't happen. :angryfire:

pepper 0n moss
06-20-2004, 06:42 PM
umm actually, a couple years back, moss dropped two in one game on primetime sunday night football against the seahawks

shit happens i guess

i was always more of a madden fan anyways

dart18
06-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Madden has and always will be better, it has more die hard fans who wouldnt switch even if it was crap. It is the NCAA that gets me. It is the only good college football game ( the EA one) so i just stick with it to the NFL game a month later.

magicci
06-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Madden Rulez!!!!!!

magicci
06-20-2004, 08:20 PM
ESPN even put an over rated T.O. on the cover

dan3ski
06-20-2004, 10:33 PM
Moss did drop the passes but I do believe he had the flu and was throwing up during the game,

ItalianStallion
06-20-2004, 10:58 PM
That was the only vikings game I ever went to, ugh. It is very depressing watching your team give up something like 4TDs in the span of 2 minutes. That was the game AFTER moss was arrested for the traffic thing, so he probably had alot on his mind. Still, ugh.

purplepat
06-21-2004, 02:27 PM
"magicci" wrote:

Maybe that's a good thing. I don't know about ESPN's football game, but remember the Madden NFL cover curse? Many players who have been on the box cover have had horrible seasons right after their cover came out. Michael Vick was on the cover last year, broke his leg. Culp had a less-than-stellar year after he was on the cover. I forget everyone else, but it really has been a curse.

I think the Campbell's Chunky Soup has had a similar curse...Terrell Davis, Donovan McNabb, both got hurt after doing Chunky Soup.

JoeMama
06-21-2004, 08:03 PM
ESPN has an edge over Madden for XBOX owners, awesome multiplayer via XBOX Live. Madden didn't have that capabilty last year, maybe this year they will change that.

magicci
06-21-2004, 09:21 PM
The ESPN curse did work if you remember warren sapp was on the cover last year and he got sent to the crappy raiders! and if u remember moss was on the cover of the old 2k & 2k2 games and the vikings had two bad years also.

I also think there is a pizza hut curse because if you also remember there was a commercial with sorry Rich Gannon of the raiders and Tiki Barber and Chris Hovan. both the raiders and giants had 4-12 records and you could blame Hovan's low numbers on pizza hut

magicci
06-21-2004, 11:11 PM
about anything to do with the media is cursed

gpete13
06-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Madden 05 will support Xbox live. MAtter of fact all new EA Sports games will.

Also I know from my own Madden website, alot of people plan on getting both, since ESPN will only be $20 when it comes out. It has a few features that Madden wont (or atleast they havent annoucne these features) but an online franchise for EPSN.

Still to me Madden will be the better of the two.

VKG4LFE
06-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Madden is the best!! Nothing can compare!! And there is a damn media curse, Warner with Campbells soup also. I think Elway was on the soup too but he never got hurt!! No Vikings on any type of games or food labels!!

Big C
06-23-2004, 10:56 AM
ESPN NFL 2K5 will be going retail for $20. I'm a Madden fan but at that price point I will be getting 2K5 before Madden 2005.

magicci
06-23-2004, 08:54 PM
about the curse thing T.O. fans might be blaming his blitz cover for last years poor performance

silvermane
06-24-2004, 12:55 AM
"purplepat" wrote:

"magicci" wrote:

Maybe that's a good thing. I don't know about ESPN's football game, but remember the Madden NFL cover curse? Many players who have been on the box cover have had horrible seasons right after their cover came out. Michael Vick was on the cover last year, broke his leg. Culp had a less-than-stellar year after he was on the cover. I forget everyone else, but it really has been a curse.

I think the Campbell's Chunky Soup has had a similar curse...Terrell Davis, Donovan McNabb, both got hurt after doing Chunky Soup.

i think you have something there...kurt warner also did some campbells' commercials and went downhill not long after.

hawaiianvike21
06-24-2004, 05:01 AM
Guys, the 2k series is way better then madden. I think madden is a little overated being that everyone likes and considers the best football video game when it doesnt have the best graphics, game play is harder to figure out then 2k and the gameplay itself. Madden is a lot like nfl blitz where you are leading by 14 and the computer will 100 percent of the time score to make it close and sometimes extremeley hard to win when its on a level like pro.
2k doesnt do that, itll play itself out and if you dominate, you dominate by 21.

I have both games and i love 2k a lot more then madden.

ItalianStallion
06-24-2004, 10:35 AM
REally Hawaiianvike? I don't mind the gameplay, I actually enjoy how complex it is (maybe not at the beginning), you can do so much with the playmaker controls. Sometimes I think the Madden defenses are too easy, I mean when you can routinely score 80 points against the PRO difficulty, something is wrong. Maybe you just suck at it :).

The big thing about Madden I prefer is how much more in depth the franchise mode is. Hell I have just as much fun in the offseason signing and drafting as I do playing the actual game. Given next year is going to have even more offseason and inseason depth, it is really a no-brainer. Especially if the defenses are improved.