PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper

JDante
02-15-2006, 02:39 AM
Change is hap'nin up therr in Minnesota. Last year was the FIRST step, we got rid of Mr Moss and made our team better OVERALL. But we made one small mistake. We kept Tice. But now, Tice is gone, half the coaching staff is gone, randy is STILL gone, and we got a brand new team, ready to put it down.

But hey, wait, there is one guy left on our team who CAN be considered dead weight, (not by me but by many) and his name is Daunte Culpepper. I understand the situation with losing one of the best players in the nfl and now u have to automatically adapt to a brand new system and everything but....

Do we really even WANT Culpepper anymore? Consider the Packers situation: They are tryna have a new team and everything, start fresh and delete all traces of failure from their organization, but they just really love that Brett Favre guy. They love his sorry *** to death, and believe that he can carry them to a championship next year.

Is that truly the situation here in Minny, is Daunte Culpepper simply the man we want throwing the ball around, simply because he is and thats that, or is he dead weight that dropped off around the next corner. Or MAYBE it would just be wise to trade him to make our team better, we did it with Randy and we can do it with him.

What are your thoughts, feelings, reactions to this? Please respond, mattafact you can just pick one from my poll. If you choose other your gonna have to tell everyone why though.

Okay please respond its MY FIRST POST!

singersp
02-15-2006, 02:45 AM
We already have a thread or 6, with several pages, discussing this topic as well as a poll in the right hand column.

Being a new member, you should introduce yourself in the "Free Beer" forum & introduce yourself.

You can also check out the existing forums by category to see what topics are already being disgussed.

Oh & Welcome!

OchoCinco
02-15-2006, 02:45 AM
:beathorse:

VikesfaninWis
02-15-2006, 02:53 AM
Whatever happens, happens. I for one am getting sick of hearing all the talk about what is going to happen with Culpepper. One minute he hates Minnesota and wants to be traded, the next he sits down with Childress, and tells everyone that he is a great coach.

If we trade him and get something great in return, that is fine by me. If we keep him and he comes back healthy and tears it up, that would be great. I am getting frustrated over this process, I can only imagine what the team, and Culpepper are going through..

SharperVikings
02-15-2006, 02:58 AM
Something is twisted here!

I just can't wait till the day come where they put their foot down and put an end to all this unneeded crap! Whether its trading him or keeping him, just get it over with ASAP! I know we have to wait til a certain day to trade him....but I can't wait to get everything over with!

sleepagent
02-15-2006, 02:59 AM
Welcome!

DC is two fold - getting a quality player / draft pick(s) for him and the saving$ from his bonus & salary! Just like Moss, but hopefully only better!

Ltrey33
02-15-2006, 03:04 AM
"singersp" wrote:

We already have a thread or 6, with several pages, discussing this topic as well as a poll in the right hand column.

Being a new member, you should introduce yourself in the "Free Beer" forum & introduce yourself.

You can also check out the existing forums by category to see what topics are already being disgussed.

Oh & Welcome!

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18159&highlight=C-Pep

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18239&highlight=C-Pep

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18116&highlight=C-Pep

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18116&highlight=C-Pep

Any of those 4 should do the trick...not to mention that there are others floating around too.

Welcome to the site, but search next time before you post! :grin:

dfwvike
02-15-2006, 03:08 AM
Good first post. Now burn your boat.

Relative to Culpepper. He changed his toon because he thinks he is going to get cut prior to receiving the $6 Million and his next contract is going to be klien geld.

TheAnimal93
02-15-2006, 03:39 AM
Pep is good, Pep is great. Like Brad like a MOFO too. I am glad I dont have to make that decision.
Peace

Lotza
02-15-2006, 03:40 AM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:

Pep is good, Pep is great. Like Brad like a MOFO too. I am glad I dont have to make that decision.
PeaceHey!

skum
02-15-2006, 03:53 AM
I need a "Depends what the offer is"

collegeguyjeff
02-15-2006, 05:35 AM
lets see here 98 was a great season, 99 he took over where have we gone since then? NOWHERE!! now his knee is wrecked he had his worst season probably and he wants more money dump him!! he's had more than enough chances to prove his worth.

dfwvike i don't think culpepper deserves a new contract his 6mil bonus and i don't think his contract should be restructured either he signed it nobody forced him to do it.

mnjamie
02-15-2006, 05:37 AM
It would be interesting to know exactly how many CPep silly rumor threads there have been already this season .... anyone bored enough, let me know ... just curious.

collegeguyjeff
02-15-2006, 05:38 AM
there has been a lot of rumors made up by the press since the season has been over for us.

MrGopher16
02-15-2006, 05:39 AM
We all knew that more would come. I don't think anyone is surprised in seeing a new culpepper thread.

gregair13
02-15-2006, 07:49 AM
yeah we have loads of cpep stuff. it just doesnt stop. i voted for Keep him, he is the franchise fyi

shawn
02-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Man guys!! This is the guys first post, give him a break about the repeat Duante thread. I for one do not have time to read every thread before making a post and I am on here almost every day. I love coming here to catch up on the latest news/rumors that you guys post about my beloved Vikes but my personal life does not provide the opportunity to research the existing threads or other sites that you guys get the info. from. Go back and read this entire thread and think about hwo you would feel if you "just drove up" and got hammered about your very first thread?

Anyway, I appreciate the information from those of you that do have the time to post all of the great Vikes stuff on here every day.........Singer for one is always on top of things. Keep it up.

cajunvike
02-15-2006, 08:36 AM
"shawn" wrote:

Man guys!! This is the guys first post, give him a break about the repeat Duante thread. I for one do not have time to read every thread before making a post and I am on here almost every day. I love coming here to catch up on the latest news/rumors that you guys post about my beloved Vikes but my personal life does not provide the opportunity to research the existing threads or other sites that you guys get the info. from. Go back and read this entire thread and think about hwo you would feel if you "just drove up" and got hammered about your very first thread?

Anyway, I appreciate the information from those of you that do have the time to post all of the great Vikes stuff on here every day.........Singer for one is always on top of things. Keep it up.

You don't have to SEARCH every thread...just look at the titles on the first few pages of the forum that you are going to post in...if you see an existing thread, post there first...it's simple and we ALL adhere to the rule...all singer was asking the newbie to do is do what we ALL do...no bashing, just a gentle hint on how to make this site more organized and user friendly for ALL of us...because we ALL want this site to be the best one around!!! THAT'S ALL, FOLKS! :grin:

hailtocarter
02-15-2006, 01:29 PM
-college rant start- can someone please lock this...it's totally redundant and I don't mean to be a jerk but there are really enough threads about this..how bout lets just wait and see what actually happens, and then we can argue about if the decision (whatever it is when it ACTUALLY HAPPENS) is right...-college rant over- thank you

singersp
02-15-2006, 01:29 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"shawn" wrote:

You don't have to SEARCH every thread...just look at the titles on the first few pages of the forum that you are going to post in...if you see an existing thread, post there first...it's simple and we ALL adhere to the rule...all singer was asking the newbie to do is do what we ALL do...no bashing, just a gentle hint on how to make this site more organized and user friendly for ALL of us...because we ALL want this site to be the best one around!!! THAT'S ALL, FOLKS! :grin:

Well some of us anyways! :wink:

Some just look in the right hand column & if they don't see it, they post it.

The forums are easy to check & we also have the search engine.

That is why naming the topic title is so important.

Topic titles like "WTF", "You've got to be kidding me" & "Say it isn't so"are meaningless, because you have no idea what the thread is about.

Prophet
02-15-2006, 01:35 PM
This appears to be a candidate for a Deja Vu (http://purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=18919) thread.

ultravikingfan
02-15-2006, 06:44 PM
The reason I do not lock this is because the member is new. Maybe they have not been to a forum before and I do not want to kill the guys first post and then have him never come back.

Its all good folks. Take a deep breath.

VikesfaninWis
02-15-2006, 07:23 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

The reason I do not lock this is because the member is new. Maybe they have not been to a forum before and I do not want to kill the guys first post and then have him never come back.

Way to set em straight Ultra... Yeah, what he said..

singersp
02-15-2006, 08:29 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

No, You don't half to kill him Ultra! But he has got to learn somehow. If we don't point it out to him, how will he know?

So yes, let's not kill him. I think we can settle for either his left hand or his right private. :grin:

ultravikingfan
02-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Its one thing for just 1 person to say it, but when a gang grabs the guy and beat him down its not fun.

I would've been too intimidated to even come back.

Its called "friendly little reminders".

gregair13
02-15-2006, 10:47 PM
boy did this thread get off topic real fast. the guy we are spose to be talking about hasnt been mentioned in a while...

daunte rules.

VKG4LFE
02-16-2006, 01:58 AM
Keep him.

WBLVikeBabe
02-16-2006, 02:02 AM
Ahhh too many CPep threads right now!

VKG4LFE
02-16-2006, 02:04 AM
You're not used to that by now, c'mon!! lol

WBLVikeBabe
02-16-2006, 02:08 AM
yea I'm used to it, just think it's funny cause there are so many right now. I don't even have an opinion about it anymore.

VKG4LFE
02-16-2006, 02:11 AM
I think it might have been worse the last couple of years. Then we were dealing with benching him for Bauman and all of that fun stuff!! lol

mattjenny3
02-16-2006, 02:13 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I think it might have been worse the last couple of years. Then we were dealing with benching him for Bauman and all of that fun stuff!! lol

I miss the good old days of "Bench him for Bouman". Imagine if we had traded Daunte back then to keep Bouman? We would be in a bonafide tight spot.