PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Proposal

NodakPaul
02-13-2006, 06:52 PM
The Vikings are releasing the 2006 version of their Stadium proposal on Thursday.

The Twins have commented that their 2006 proposal will be basically the same as last year, with the key point being that it involves no state money. The legislature has also already said that a Vikings stadium rates third, behind the U and the Twins. And Zygi has made comments in the recent past that he would like to forgo the retractable roof idea to cut down on cost.

Given the current state of affairs, do you think there will be any major changes to the Vikings proposal, or do you think we will be pretty much submitting the same thing? I view Zygi as a pretty shrewed business man, one who is fairly good at closing deals, so I wonder if he plans on sweetening the pot a little bit for the legislature...

NordicNed
02-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Zygi has two things going for him...

One: He is a smart, and I meen, very smart buisness man.....

TWO: HE HAS ALOT OF GREEN...MONEY...MOLLA...What ever you want to call it, he's filthy rich. Red could only wish he could shine Zygi's shoes...

Money is what makes the world turn around, bottom line is, if Zygi can't get a stadium deal done, I don't think theirs anyone that can.....

whackthepack
02-13-2006, 09:23 PM
I think that the Gophers will get a new stadium on campus. I think that the Twins will not get a new stadium, and that Carl will sell the team to a owner that will move them to either Vegas or Portland. When the Twins move I think that the Vikings will get a new stadium but that will take 3 years to get the deal done. The new stadium will be ready to go when the Vikes lease runs out on the Metrodome, I think it will take something this drastic to get the legislators moving on the Vikes issue. Unfortunately the Twins will be lost, and we will be without major league baseball in Minnesota.

mattjenny3
02-13-2006, 09:31 PM
I live in Vegas right now, temporarily until I come home, so having the twins here would be nice for a year or two but in the long run we need to get them a stadium and keep them in MN. Unfortunately I agree with you, it will probably take the Twins leaving to get the Vikings a new stadium. They Vikes would be more competitive if they moved to Duluth and played at PSS.

aceclown
02-13-2006, 09:33 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

I think that the Gophers will get a new stadium on campus. I think that the Twins will not get a new stadium, and that Carl will sell the team to a owner that will move them to either Vegas or Portland. When the Twins move I think that the Vikings will get a new stadium but that will take 3 years to get the deal done. The new stadium will be ready to go when the Vikes lease runs out on the Metrodome, I think it will take something this drastic to get the legislators moving on the Vikes issue. Unfortunately the Twins will be lost, and we will be without major league baseball in Minnesota.

That would awesome, then there would be no pro sports teams in minnesota with a championship title. :clown: