PDA

View Full Version : Odds for XLI

josdin00
02-07-2006, 08:38 PM
ODDS FOR 2007 SUPER BOWL (from MGM Mirage Race & Sports Book)

TEAM, OPENING ODDS, ODDS AS OF FEB. 6

Indianapolis Colts 7/2 4/1
Seattle Seahawks 5/1 5/1
New England Patriots 7/2 4/1
Carolina Panthers 6/1 6/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 6/1 6/1
Dallas Cowboys 10/1 10/1
San Diego Chargers 10/1 10/1
Denver Broncos 15/1 10/1
New York Giants 15/1 15/1
Chicago Bears 15/1 15/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 15/1 15/1
Cincinnati Bengals 18/1 18/1
Washington Redskins 20/1 20/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 22/1 22/1
Kansas City Chiefs 22/1 22/1
Atlanta Falcons 25/1 25/1
Philadelphia Eagles 25/1 20/1
Miami Dolphins 25/1 20/1
Minnesota Vikings 25/1 25/1
Green Bay Packers 35/1 35/1
Baltimore Ravens 40/1 40/1
Cleveland Browns 50/1 50/1
St. Louis Rams 50/1 50/1
Buffalo Bills 50/1 50/1
Oakland Raiders 60/1 60/1
Arizona Cardinals 60/1 60/1
Detroit Lions 60/1 50/1
Houston Texans 75/1 75/1
New Orleans Saints 75/1 75/1
San Francisco 49ers 100/1 100/1
Tennessee Titans 100/1 100/1
New York Jets 125/1 100/1

DeathtoDenny
02-07-2006, 08:42 PM
HA! Chicago 15/1. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Might as well put $10 on the Jets

josdin00
02-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Looks like Vegas is picking the Bears to win the division again. I'm suprised the Viking's odds aren't higher. I thought Vegas usually bumps the odds up a bit when a new coach comes in. I am suprised that Green Bay is as high as they are. That has to be a bunch of sentimental bettors driving up the line.

VikesfaninWis
02-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Thats funny! The Bears have a good season every 5 years. Now that they had their 15 minutes of fame, they are good until the 2011 season. That list does not mean a dam thing. It all depends on what each team does to better their team, and what coaches will work the hardest to get a complete team ready from day 1.

ultravikingfan
02-07-2006, 09:23 PM
What I think is funny is the Steelers odds!

Seattle is in front of them and they will not have Shaun next year most likely.

Odds makers are silly guys who chew on drywall.

collegeguyjeff
02-07-2006, 10:17 PM
i don't know why they keep saying for the past few years that the colts are going to win im so tired of that. stupid ron jawarski already said oh i think the colts are going to win next year, they will say that year after year until they actually win which they won't with manning as quarterback.

briboy75
02-08-2006, 01:01 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Steelers will lose bettis, and many key players, such as randel el are free agents. Steelers are in the afc which has been much better then the afc in recent years which means the steelers face more competition to get to the super bowl.

briboy75
02-08-2006, 01:04 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Thats funny! The Bears have a good season every 5 years. Now that they had their 15 minutes of fame, they are good until the 2011 season. That list does not mean a dam thing. It all depends on what each team does to better their team, and what coaches will work the hardest to get a complete team ready from day 1.

the bears have by far the best chance to win the division. they are the only team in the division that isn't rebuilding. the also are in good shape salary cap wise and all thier key players are signed long term. winning the division would but them in the playoffs. im a vikings fan, but the bears are going to be very tough next year.

briboy75
02-08-2006, 01:09 AM
"josdin00" wrote:

Looks like Vegas is picking the Bears to win the division again. I'm suprised the Viking's odds aren't higher. I thought Vegas usually bumps the odds up a bit when a new coach comes in. I am suprised that Green Bay is as high as they are. That has to be a bunch of sentimental bettors driving up the line.

i think the bears will win the division too.

the vikings do have alot of cap room, but they do have alot of free agents too. they keep signing players to short term contracts, so thats what they get, i guess. the vikings also already have qb controversay. they also have alot of holes.

I am also suprised that GB is as high as they are. If favre retires, they are done... and will be rebuiling for a while. if he stays, they stiill have way too many holes to fill.

midgensa
02-08-2006, 01:09 AM
oddsmakers just makes the odds to get the bets ... odds have nothing to do with anything other than getting an even amount of bets ... which means Vegas is clearly betting on the Bears right now alot more than the Vikes. Could change after offseason gets going.

singersp
02-08-2006, 01:41 AM
There are 32 teams in the NFL. We are one of them.

Our odds are 1 in 32, same as everybody else.

Too much happens in the offseason with free agency, trades & the draft. Teams can go from great to mediocre & vice versa.

Superbowl54
02-08-2006, 03:48 AM
"briboy75" wrote:

"josdin00" wrote:

the vikings do have alot of cap room, but they do have alot of free agents too. they keep signing players to short term contracts, so thats what they get, i guess. the vikings also already have qb controversay. they also have alot of holes.

I am also suprised that GB is as high as they are. If favre retires, they are done... and will be rebuiling for a while. if he stays, they stiill have way too many holes to fill.

me three! The Bears are the only team in the division who hasnt hired a new HC. How about that? Lovie is the longest-tenured NFC North coach ;).
Barring major injuries, I cant see the Bears doing any worse than 10-6 next season. The D is already one of the best in the league and still pretty young (not one starter has even hit 30 yet), and the O SHOULD get better next season (NO INJURIES REX!)

Those odds are about right, hopefully we learned not to get too full of ourselves in the playoffs. Hopefully (this may sound strange) the Vikings pick it up quick and challenge the Bears for the division (should keep both teams sharp mentally and prevent lapses like the playoff game this year)

NordicNed
02-08-2006, 04:15 AM
If I had the extra money, I'de play two longshots...\

Vikings

Redskins....

DaunteHOF
02-08-2006, 05:01 AM
we'll be there

ultravikingfan
02-08-2006, 05:04 AM
"briboy75" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Steelers will lose bettis, and many key players, such as randel el are free agents. Steelers are in the afc which has been much better then the afc in recent years which means the steelers face more competition to get to the super bowl.

So what? They lost Burress and Bell last year and they won the SB this year.

Bettis was more of the inspirational player. Besides, they will have Staley back nest year.

See, the Steelers are always losing players to FA. Yet, they continue to compete every year.

cajunvike
02-08-2006, 05:05 AM
"Superbowl54" wrote:

"briboy75" wrote:

"josdin00" wrote:

me three! The Bears are the only team in the division who hasnt hired a new HC. How about that? Lovie is the longest-tenured NFC North coach ;).
Barring major injuries, I cant see the Bears doing any worse than 10-6 next season. The D is already one of the best in the league and still pretty young (not one starter has even hit 30 yet), and the O SHOULD get better next season (NO INJURIES REX!)

Those odds are about right, hopefully we learned not to get too full of ourselves in the playoffs. Hopefully (this may sound strange) the Vikings pick it up quick and challenge the Bears for the division (should keep both teams sharp mentally and prevent lapses like the playoff game this year)

I beg to differ...with the OBVIOUS upgrade in COACHING that the Vikes got this offseason PLUS the FAs that Wilf will spring for PLUS the usual great drafting that the Vikes do....THE VIKINGS will win the division and win enough games to get one of the two byes. Get ready for a GREAT season, Viking fans!!! SUPER BOWL BOUND, BABY!!! :grin:

canadian_vikes_fan
02-08-2006, 05:07 AM
I find the NFL is BY FAR the hardest league to bet on. Nearly every year, a team comes from nowhere (like the Panthers or the Chargers) and makes the playoffs and sometimes comes close to winning it all. I think if I had to bet on one team, the Steelers would be near the top, and yet I wouldn't count on them making the semifinals.

singersp
02-08-2006, 05:25 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

I beg to differ...with the OBVIOUS upgrade in COACHING that the Vikes got this offseason PLUS the FAs that Wilf will spring for PLUS the usual great drafting that the Vikes do....THE VIKINGS will win the division and win enough games to get one of the two byes. Get ready for a GREAT season, Viking fans!!! SUPER BOWL BOUND, BABY!!! :grin:

The upgrade in coaching still remains to be proven. Granted I will stick by my guns that Tice would've done better with a better staff & Childress definitely will as well.

How much better is what remains a question to me.

vikesoto
02-08-2006, 06:13 AM
25-1 sounds about right.

BBQ Platypus
02-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Well, since I'm just as qualified to make this odds list as the idiots who made it, I've decided to make a line of my own.

Odds that this list means anything: 100,000,000,000:0.

That means that a bet of $0 on the worth of this list will get you $100 billion if you win. As tempting as that might sound, however, I'm not seeing very many takers. :lol:

gregair13
02-09-2006, 12:35 AM
last year i bet with my dad that houston would win superbowl. 1/125 i think it was. it was worth the $2 to try.

i am coming out right now and saying the the seahawks will not WILL NOT make the playoffs next year. even in that crap division we all know what happens to teams that lose in the superbowl (eagles for example)

BBQ Platypus
02-11-2006, 06:34 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

last year i bet with my dad that houston would win superbowl. 1/125 i think it was. it was worth the $2 to try.

But making a bet now isn't even worth risking $0 to try! (See above). :lol:

At this point, nothing is certain. There are still a lot of free agents out there.

VikingGal99
02-11-2006, 06:46 PM
I was just looking at the odds, i think it is a good idea to put a few bux on it now because so much can happen between now and next season you may just hit a big winner with amazing odds. Also everyone should go to http://www.savedaday.com and vote to have the monday after the big game a holiday because that would be awesome if this could get enough support.

singersp
02-11-2006, 08:29 PM
"VikingGal99" wrote:

I was just looking at the odds, i think it is a good idea to put a few bux on it now because so much can happen between now and next season you may just hit a big winner with amazing odds. Also everyone should go to http://www.savedaday.com and vote to have the monday after the big game a holiday because that would be awesome if this could get enough support.

Welcome VikingGal99! :cool:

Go to the "Free Beer" forum, start a new topic to introduce yourself & Ultra will be by with a beer for you.

Also, post a pic of yourself in the "Member Pics II" thread when you get a chance!