PDA

View Full Version : Couch a Packer

CVGVIKE
06-14-2004, 07:10 PM
I've just read on espn.com that Tim Couch has agreed to a one year deal with GB. The report stated that he will most likely sign the contract in the next day or two. Why Tim, why the Packers? Surely there was another team you could have joined. But noticed he signed a one year deal. I guess he has fears about our improved defense. :D So TC, here's some friendly advice from the Kentucky group of the VIKING NATION...if Fav-ray gets injured, you better be hidin' in Hyden.

ItalianStallion
06-14-2004, 09:04 PM
What does a 1 year deal accomplish with the Packers? It isn't like he will be filling in for Farve next year. I thought they were looking for a future QB successor, not a overpriced rent a player who will never play a regular season down.

hovanfan
06-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Couch will play the as good as the same year as last year, but worst, cuz he has never faced any NFC teams in his career.

silvermane
06-22-2004, 08:52 PM
i think the packers agreed to the one year deal because it gives them a short term solution to their problem with qb depth. they don't have the cap money to sign a long term deal and they don't want to anyway because they would rather draft their next prospect. this gives them some backup for at least the next season so i think they liked the idea.