PDA

View Full Version : Here's to Dreaming...

kjdaddy
02-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Today is superbowl sunday and I am kinda kickin' the dirt. Yeah, I'm a football fan so I'm mildly excited to watch the game. But something is missing. Can you guys recall the excitement you felt the last time we were in the big game? I do. Today would have a whole new meaning. We would all be pumping our chests and have those nervous jitters.

Someday it will be about us again. Is Childress the one who while guide us to glory? Only time will tell. I know it will happen again and I can't wait. But I can't help dreaming that we were playing today.

ultravikingfan
02-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Your dream will come true in about a year from now! :wink:

Ltrey33
02-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Unfortunately (or forunately), I was not alive when the Vikes were there last. I can remember the excitement on NFC Championship day though, and I hope I get to experience the excitement of the Super Bowl eventually!

SKOL!

VikesfaninWis
02-06-2006, 03:09 AM
I hope that day come sooner rather than later. I sincerely think that Brad Childress is the coach for the Minnesota Vikings. I believe that he will take our team to the Championship in the very near future..

I hope next year is our year, man it would be awesome rooting for our Vikings in the SB next season. So heres to next season, and hoping our Vikes finally put the whole puzzle together and win the big one..

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!

cajunvike
02-06-2006, 04:58 AM
I'll be dreamin'...dreamin'...hopin' that the Vikes will be there!!!

Ltrey33
02-06-2006, 05:12 AM
This time next year: Minnesota Vikings Super Bowl XLI Champs!!!

COJOMAY
02-06-2006, 05:40 AM
I've lived through all the Vikings Super Bowl losses and believe me, it's no fun. I know how the Seahawks faithful feels. Especially the way they lost with terrible officiating.

VikesfaninWis
02-06-2006, 05:50 AM
Hey all Vikings fans. If the Vikes make the SB next season we will all have to meet up and have the biggest tailgate party ever!! Detroit thought they had alot of Steelers fans there? They haven't seen anything yet, wait and see if the Vikes go next season....

cajunvike
02-06-2006, 06:05 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Hey all Vikings fans. If the Vikes make the SB next season we will all have to meet up and have the biggest tailgate party ever!! Detroit thought they had alot of Steelers fans there? They haven't seen anything yet, wait and see if the Vikes go next season....

If the Vikes are there...so am I!!!

vikesoto
02-06-2006, 06:21 AM
We will get there, sooner than later !!! When that day comes, all the "Norse Force" will be there, touchdown towels in hand, making Marshall,Eller, Page,Tarkenton,A.C.,C.Carter,Randle,Grant..... PROUD!!!!!

kjdaddy
02-06-2006, 07:03 AM
Yeah, the losses were hard to take... But being there is better than being at home.
P.s. Anyone notice the beer (bud I think) commercial with the toasts in different laguages?? It started with "SKOL!" I take that as a sign!
SKOL Vikings!!!!

cajunvike
02-06-2006, 07:12 AM
"kjdaddy" wrote:

Yeah, the losses were hard to take... But being there is better than being at home.
P.s. Anyone notice the beer (bud I think) commercial with the toasts in different laguages?? It started with "SKOL!" I take that as a sign!
SKOL Vikings!!!!

I will say SKOL to that!!!

I used to live in Dallas back in the day...how are you liking having to deal with all those Cowgirl fans???

DarrinNelsonguy
02-06-2006, 07:14 AM
Our day in the sun is coming.

smootbythefoot
02-06-2006, 07:14 AM
what does skol mean anyways?

vikesoto
02-06-2006, 07:18 AM
"Somewhere there is a street of broken dreams, if you can't find it on a map,ask any Viking fan.....he'll tell you it leads to the Super Bowl..."

- NFL Films,1976

The Vikings are going to make them eat those words !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vikesoto
02-06-2006, 07:20 AM
I HOPE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kjdaddy
02-06-2006, 04:50 PM
"smootbythefoot" wrote:

what does skol mean anyways?

-Cheers to you!

kjdaddy
02-06-2006, 04:56 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"kjdaddy" wrote:

SKOL Vikings!!!!

I used to live in Dallas back in the day...how are you liking having to deal with all those Cowgirl fans???

They are Pretty harmless. Everyone knows where I stand so when we loose one we should win my phone starts to ring. I often ignore it like in '97. I was fit to be tied. Didnt want to talk to anyone. That reminds me...I was still in my jersey cause I am a complete homer... after We lost to the Falcons I stopped by a joint to pick up some dinner. The guy took my order but at first he just stood there shaking his head sorowfully and looking at me. All he could say was... "Duuude." I hated that day.

ChiTownVike
02-06-2006, 05:33 PM
I hope it is soon

I was never around for those first super bowl only the recent NFC chapionship games is 98 and 00

Next year is our year!!!!!!

SKOL

p.s. where is the super bowl next year? (so i can get ready to buy the tix)

lol

simonsparre
02-06-2006, 05:47 PM
"Williamson8211" wrote:

I hope it is soon

I was never around for those first super bowl only the recent NFC chapionship games is 98 and 00

Next year is our year!!!!!!

SKOL

p.s. where is the super bowl next year? (so i can get ready to buy the tix)

lol

I think it is Miami, Fl.

This year Bettis won in his hometown, so Culpepper will win in his homestate :D

BIGDADDYG
02-06-2006, 06:15 PM
I am of the opinion the Vikings will be back in the Super Bowl in the very near future. Although the 4 defeats were very tough to take it was far better than not being there at all. The very reason I became a Vikings fan was the first Super Bowl they were in and watching the game with my dad and watching him cheer on Joe Kapp. Since Joe once played in the CFL for the BC Lions and won the Grey Cup my dad's team was the Vikes. So now I wait for the Vikings to get back in the Big Game so I can have the same fond memories with my 2 boys, except with us winning.

cajunvike
02-06-2006, 06:43 PM
"kjdaddy" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"kjdaddy" wrote:

SKOL Vikings!!!!

They are Pretty harmless. Everyone knows where I stand so when we loose one we should win my phone starts to ring. I often ignore it like in '97. I was fit to be tied. Didnt want to talk to anyone. That reminds me...I was still in my jersey cause I am a complete homer... after We lost to the Falcons I stopped by a joint to pick up some dinner. The guy took my order but at first he just stood there shaking his head sorowfully and looking at me. All he could say was... "Duuude." I hated that day.

Fortunately, I lived there from 89-92...they were 1-15, 7-9 and then although they made the playoffs the year before I left, they got CLOBBERED by Barry Sanders and the Lions!!! :evil4: Fortunately, I escaped before their Super Bowl runs, so I didn't have to deal with their arrogance...as you may surmise, I hate the Cowboy fans with a passion...even more than I hate Boston fans...those two cities are the WORST when it comes to fan arrogance!!! :mad:

kjdaddy
02-06-2006, 10:09 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"kjdaddy" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"kjdaddy" wrote:

SKOL Vikings!!!!

Fortunately, I lived there from 89-92...they were 1-15, 7-9 and then although they made the playoffs the year before I left, they got CLOBBERED by Barry Sanders and the Lions!!! :evil4: Fortunately, I escaped before their Super Bowl runs, so I didn't have to deal with their arrogance...as you may surmise, I hate the Cowboy fans with a passion...even more than I hate Boston fans...those two cities are the WORST when it comes to fan arrogance!!! :mad:

They are not riding so high of late. Even with Big Bill and his amazing fupa.