PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have?

sitandbehitski
06-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Would you rather have Peyton Manning or Ray Lewis on your team? People have made the point that Football's a team sport, and that no one player can really make a team, but that they would rather have a really good QB rather than a like, say, a OG, well how about the best defender in the league vs the best QB?

(I myself would choose Lewis, as he's good no matter what, you need a decent OL for Peyton to be effective, and good Defense always beats good Offense. . . . . . Well most of the time, anyway.)

sdvikefan
06-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Ray Lewis...the guy is amazing. He plays his heart out every single down, he has a love for the game that most players can't match, and he is a proven team leader. He has a nose for the ball and hits harder than any player in the league. He is all around the best defensive player in the NFL right now and one of the game's modern greats. I have a lot of respect for the guy. He is everything you would want out of a MLB.

amavikesfan
06-13-2004, 09:51 PM
lewis is one ofthose guys you're gonna talk to your grandkids about. everything that sd said, plus he demands greatness from his teammates. and i love him calling out t.o. can't wait for that game!

Cissney the Viking
06-13-2004, 10:00 PM
I would say Peyton Manning because he is so great and QB's can win games one MLB can not win games.

sdvikefan
06-13-2004, 10:13 PM
"amavikesfan" wrote:

lewis is one ofthose guys you're gonna talk to your grandkids about. everything that sd said, plus he demands greatness from his teammates. and i love him calling out t.o. can't wait for that game!

I was kind of disappointed when the Ravens lost their first round playoff game against the Titans last year because Lewis had worked so hard to fire up his teammates for that game. He had them convinced they could go to the Super Bowl and to see them go out early like that was a shame.

ItalianStallion
06-13-2004, 11:41 PM
"Cissney the Viking" wrote:

I would say Peyton Manning because he is so great and QB's can win games one MLB can not win games.

Have you ever watched a Ravens Game? More specifically did you watched the 2000 playoffs? Ray Lewis won those games, not Trent DIlfer. there is a reason he was the MVP.

Ray Lewis is the best defensive player in the game, the best leader in the game and the player I would most like on the vikings.

ItalianStallion
06-13-2004, 11:46 PM
And on a side note, Manning's monster contract will cost him team in the long run. No way will they be able to re-sign Harrison and/or James

vikings_fan66
06-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Hands down Ray Lewis

Viking_Spirit
06-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Ray Lewis. The guy's such a force on the field. I can't even belive there's a question like "would you take Lewis or Manning?". Lewis, hands down.

purplehorn
06-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Lewis hands down, i wish we could see him
in purple and gold. He is a playmaker.

VKG4LFE
06-14-2004, 10:58 AM
I would have to say Lewis too!! He is a great motivator and a great team player! He did kill somebody outside the super bowl that one year, but that's all behind him!! Now he just kills people on the field!!

purplehorn
06-19-2004, 08:51 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I would have to say Lewis too!! He is a great motivator and a great team player! He did kill somebody outside the super bowl that one year, but that's all behind him!! Now he just kills people on the field!!

Lewis did NOT kill anybody, one of his crony's did. He didn't even
witness the stabbing.

LosAngelis
06-19-2004, 11:19 AM
I'd have to say both.

amavikesfan
06-20-2004, 08:55 AM
you NEED 'em both los...hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

GreenBaySlackers
06-20-2004, 11:47 AM
I would take Lewis because he is an outstanding player and the Vikes already have a great QB! Lewis is pretty smart too... he got the purple right, we just gotta work on that gold moving into the picture!

purplepat
06-28-2004, 03:48 PM
OK, call me biased here. I'll take Peyton Manning. Why?

Because my real first name is Peyton, and my real middle name is Manning. No $hit. You can check my driver's license. And I'm a lot older than him, so I had the name first.

Pretty cool to have such a weirdazz name like Peyton, and then have a stud NFL QB with the same name.

DiehardVikesFan
06-28-2004, 03:51 PM
The Vikings need a Ray Lewis type player to get the best out of the players every play and to get guys like EJ and Mixon to stay out of trouble. Lewis is the best linebacker in the NFL and one of the, if not the, best leader in the NFL.