PDA

View Full Version : How would u feel if Zygi and Brad Childress met with TO??

Jordan
02-02-2006, 01:27 AM
if Brad childress and Zygi were to meet with TO and Drew Rosenhaus in person just like the Broncos did to express our interest in him. I just want some opinions about this topic.

V4L
02-02-2006, 01:28 AM
Not really needed.. Too much money and baggage..

sleepagent
02-02-2006, 01:32 AM
It would be time to become a . . . gulp . . . a packers fan!

MrGopher16
02-02-2006, 01:33 AM
"sleepagent" wrote:

Under NO circumstance would that ever happen. I hope you were kidding sir!

COJOMAY
02-02-2006, 01:33 AM
my estimation of Zygi would go WAY DOWN!

sleepagent
02-02-2006, 01:40 AM
"MrGopher16" wrote:

"sleepagent" wrote:

Under NO circumstance would that ever happen. I hope you were kidding sir!

I see there IS someone out there paying attention.

cc21
02-02-2006, 01:48 AM
I would love it if they met! TO is so damn good.

jellovike
02-02-2006, 01:52 AM
No way. Don't want him anywhere near winter park.

Tanner_QBRB8
02-02-2006, 01:55 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Not really needed.. Too much money and baggage..

that do u mean too much money TO knows that he isnt going to get a lot of money if we did sign him it would probaly be like a 1 year 3-4 million dollar thing and we do have the money to spend

V4L
02-02-2006, 01:59 AM
TO and his actions aren't worth 3-4 million.. And I don't think Eagles will release him.. SO he would have to come due to a trade.. And I don't wanna give up anything for him anyway..

It's cool if u all do though.. We have good WR's and we need to spend our money on better things.. I.E resigning people, Draft picks, And key freeagents

Ltrey33
02-02-2006, 02:00 AM
It would never, ever, ever, ever, ever happen. Are you kidding me? All of the problems in Philly this year started with TO and Childress. Remember the whole thing where TO said he didn't want Childress to speak to him unless TO spoke first? Yeah right...those two guys hate each other.

smootbythefoot
02-02-2006, 02:01 AM
I know it aint happening but i would love it. TO is better than all of our receivers combined. Dont deny it because its true. ;)

Lotza
02-02-2006, 02:04 AM
at first i thought hell no.

but if we completely address the circumstances to him. than mayb he'll get the picture.

but only for like a three to four million 1 year - er

V4L
02-02-2006, 02:06 AM
TO and his actions aren't worth 3-4 million.. And I don't think Eagles will release him.. SO he would have to come due to a trade.. And I don't wanna give up anything for him anyway..

It's cool if u all do though.. We have good WR's and we need to spend our money on better things.. I.E resigning people, Draft picks, And key freeagents

Same post as up there I know lol..

Tom2Bucs
02-02-2006, 02:20 AM
I think Defense, RB & O-Line are the OUR BIGGEST CONCERNS. We have a lot of depth at WR.

cajunvike
02-02-2006, 02:29 AM
I would be PO if they talked to TO!!! :evil:

NordicNed
02-02-2006, 02:35 AM
It would never happen is right,

Childress already knows all about TO from being with him in Philly...

Wilf, is working to get our face back with the League and the State of MN..

Now way in hell he comes here...

If he does, I'll fly out to the Vikings opener next year, take of all my clothes in the stands and run from goal line to goal line...

Then give ole Ragner a big kiss.....

collegeguyjeff
02-02-2006, 03:03 AM
don't want him and don't need him, i wouldn't watch any vikings games if we had t.o.

snowinapril
02-02-2006, 03:04 AM
I heard today on NFL TA that he is being pursued by about 8 teams. I didn't catch teh rest of the story, it was an intro for something later in the show, one of Adam Scheftner's reports.

I say that it is worththe pursuit. Even if you don't want the guy, drive his price up for those that might.

If for some reason K.Robinson walks, I wouldn't mind having the option.

Incentive Contract only.

Yes, he seems to be cancer but he is talented.

I don't think we need him and I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money on him. But if he was to want to come to MN and play under our rules as stated by a conduct agreement, I wouldn't send him packing.

Ltrey33
02-02-2006, 03:09 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

don't want him and don't need him, i wouldn't watch any vikings games if we had t.o.

Wow, that's kind of overreacting isn't it? He's just one player. There would still be 51 other guys in purple that AREN'T T.O. You would let one player prevent you from watching the Vikes? Wow.

VikesfaninWis
02-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Never will happen! If this is the case why didn't we keep Randy Moss? Moss is more talented than TO, and even though Moss does stupid shi!, he is still better than TO.

Euphman06
02-02-2006, 03:24 AM
in one word... sick

skum
02-02-2006, 03:38 AM
I dont know.. i would proberly learn to accept it, but would like it sure!

gregair13
02-02-2006, 03:52 AM
maybe he wants in on our sexy parties.

shawn
02-02-2006, 04:00 AM
Never!!!

DPep11
02-02-2006, 04:04 AM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

at first i thought hell no.

but if we completely address the circumstances to him. than mayb he'll get the picture.

but only for like a three to four million 1 year - er

Sweet sig Lotza... Deron Williams is my hero (I love U of I)

DarrinNelsonguy
02-02-2006, 04:09 AM
Never want him spreading viruses within the lockerroom of my favorite team. If we wanted a high profile WR we should have kept Moss because as troubled as he was in the locker room he is a boy scout compared to TO. I hope TO never plays in the league again, he should have to swallow some pride and play in the CFL or AFL first to realize how great it is to be in the NFL.

VikingsTw
02-02-2006, 04:15 AM
"smootbythefoot" wrote:

I know it aint happening but i would love it. TO is better than all of our receivers combined. Dont deny it because its true. ;)

Not true, imagine this.

Marcus Robinson's Body
Nate Burleson's verticle, agility, hands and route running (he's a beast)
Troy Will's speed and accelration
K Robs hair (lol)
Travis Taylors personality
(I'll this over TO)

U got the dream WR my friend, thats if u combine them, Koren Robinson pretty much has it all already, thats why we should sign him up.

marshallvike
02-02-2006, 04:19 AM
well, if they did that we WOULD be assured of a high draft pick next year. unfortunately my 45 yr old ticker probably could not handle next season and i would miss seeing that high pick......are you out of your f--k--g mind? i don't think i could even wish that on the packers.

marshallvike
02-02-2006, 04:24 AM
well,at least we would be assured of a top three draft pick next year if we signed t.o. unfortunately i would not be around to see it because my 45 yr old ticker could not withstand the season.are you out of your f--k--g mind? i would not even wish that on the packers.

marshallvike
02-02-2006, 04:26 AM
did not think the first one went through

midgensa
02-02-2006, 04:29 AM
This is not even a possibility after the way he publicly ripped Childress numerous times ... how do threads like this get so many responses?
We know that Childress and TO have been at each other's throats for a couple of seasons ... the chances of that changing would have to be less than 1 percent.

olson_10
02-02-2006, 04:44 AM
"Tom2Bucs" wrote:

I think Defense, RB & O-Line are the OUR BIGGEST CONCERNS. We have a lot of depth at WR.
depth is one thing..not having a superstar at the position is another

ultravikingfan
02-02-2006, 05:39 AM
After what happened last year?

Only if hell froze over.

DarrinNelsonguy
02-02-2006, 06:02 AM
After listening to what Donovan McNabb had to say about TO on the 6pm Sportscenter I do not know why anyone would think they can change the attitude of this guy. I say let him play basketball like he wanted to do last year.

MnFan_in_Canada
02-02-2006, 06:33 AM
"Jordan" wrote:

if Brad childress and Zygi were to meet with TO and Drew Rosenhaus in person just like the Broncos did to express our interest in him. I just want some opinions about this topic.

I would absolutely hate it. The Vikes haven't been a true team for a number of years now. We need personal that will put the team first. The team comes before personnel goals. I believe if we had a roster full of "team first" guys we would do well.

Let TO go to Denver, KC the Jets... anywhere but here.

so-cal vike
02-02-2006, 06:41 AM
I would feel sick to my stomach.

I would feel a sense of despair.

I would feel that any chance of a SB win is lost with Zygi at the helm.

That's how I would feel if that was to happen, which it won't, so I feel just fine.

collegeguyjeff
02-02-2006, 07:19 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

Wow, that's kind of overreacting isn't it? He's just one player. There would still be 51 other guys in purple that AREN'T T.O. You would let one player prevent you from watching the Vikes? Wow.

yeah i know maybe i am over reacting; hmm well if he could keep his mouth shut and not to his stupid end zone dances it might be ok. but we don't need him; well unless ofcourse robinson or burleson are gone.

LJOHNSON26
02-02-2006, 07:26 AM
It would make no sense for the Vikings to go after TO. They had a "TO caliber" player in Moss and traded him for a few beads and trinkets because they couldn't handle him.

Moss's contract was much lower than TO's would be.

Moss was definitely less of a problem than TO.

Moss was arguably as productive as TO.

So why would they go after TO again?

.....unless of course it was because Wilf was pissed in the first place that Red screwed him by giving away Moss without even consulting the new owner and now Wilf wants to try having a Vikings team with both an offense and a defense....what a novel approach!

Ltrey33
02-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Well, TO wouldn't want to play here anyway, we have a black quarterback. If you don't know what I mean, check out this thread...

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=308190#308190

snowinapril
02-02-2006, 07:52 AM
I heard ealier that there were tons of teams interested in TO. But tonight ESPN made it sound like it was Rosenhuas has been spreading rumors to try and get TOs value up.

That is funny.

MnFan_in_Canada
02-02-2006, 07:53 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

Well, TO wouldn't want to play here anyway, we have a black quarterback. If you don't know what I mean, check out this thread...

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=308190#308190

Hell, TO wouldnt want to play here cuz we have a QUARTERBACK...

josdin00
02-02-2006, 09:42 PM
I think that whichever team get TO is going to be very happy with their decision... for about one year. I think TO is going to come in with the idea that he is going to prove to the rest of the league that he is the preeminant player in the NFL. He's going to go all out on the field, and be a boy scout off it. You know, kinda what he was like his first year in Philly, the year they went to the Superbowl.

After next year though, I have no idea what to expect. TO has never seemed like a guy that will learn his lesson, but he also seems very sensitive to his financial situation, and this lesson hit him in the pocketbook, both with game salary and endorsements.

That all said, he isn't going to be playing for the Vikings next year. With the QB situations in Green Bay, Chicago, and Detroit, I don't think he's going to be playing for a division rival. All in all, TO's situation isn't going to affect any of the teams that I root for or against, so I don't really care where he goes.

nephilimstorm
02-02-2006, 09:49 PM
You said it joe...i give TO a one year life span on any contract...and he was so quick to lash out at Moss on espn about his behavior...we all know how TO can destroy a team all by himself

VikesfaninWis
02-02-2006, 09:51 PM
"MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:

"Jordan" wrote:

I would absolutely hate it. The Vikes haven't been a true team for a number of years now. We need personal that will put the team first. The team comes before personnel goals. I believe if we had a roster full of "team first" guys we would do well.

Let TO go to Denver, KC the Jets... anywhere but here.

Well said.......

ThaSuperFreak33
02-02-2006, 11:07 PM
With Denver, KC, and a few other teams possibly interested in TO what are your opinions on him being a VIKING? I think it would be worth it to get him on a 2 year deal.
1. Help Culpepper get back into Passing Game/ TD's
2. He will have to be on his best behavior
3. We need that Gamebreaker WR back and if we get that RB #37 guy or one of the RB's in the draft we will be unstopable.

The only problem is what is or was his relationship with Childress like?

cogitans
02-02-2006, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't want that idiot in the locker room at all. We have excellent recievers too.

Just hope he mess some other team up instead.

Calmwind
02-02-2006, 11:12 PM
No knock on anyone here but in my opion people who want TO are all about the stars and not the team. Take sports center off TV and no one would want TOs over hyped ass. He isnt the only WR that can make a play!

canadian_vikes_fan
02-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Um...

T.O.?

vikesoto
02-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Never! This guy is a cancer, even if he's the best WR in football.

COJOMAY
02-02-2006, 11:27 PM
I would hate it. We are trying so hard to have some disipline on this team and Childress absolutely would not have him here. We need to have a "TEAM" not a bunch of individuals to be great!

VikesFan4Life
02-02-2006, 11:32 PM
No chance. Besides, I don't think T.O. and Coach Childress get along very well...

vikesoto
02-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Great point!!! Wasn't Childress the coach T.O. had problems with in Philly ?

COJOMAY
02-02-2006, 11:39 PM
EXACTLY -- and he's the one who told him off!

Tanner_QBRB8
02-02-2006, 11:41 PM
i think that we should just stack up with awsome talent this year and win a superbowl and then the next year i wouldnt care where they were next year

canadian_vikes_fan
02-02-2006, 11:48 PM
I remember during Childress' PC when he was hired, he was asked what he learned from the TO situation. He responded by talking about how one player does not make a team, and that the team needs to be strict in dealing with its players to keep them in line.

So bottom line: TO's not comin to town for a little while yet, and when he does come, he'll be in the Visitors locker room.

RK.
02-02-2006, 11:50 PM
I would welcome any player to this team that coach Childress thinks will get us a Super Bowl victory. :cool:

BIGDADDYG
02-03-2006, 12:46 AM
It would be stupid move by the Vikes. They management seems to be turning things in the right direction. Bringing TO into the fold would erase all the good that is being done.

sleepagent
02-03-2006, 03:53 AM
Let's sign him & then trade him to Oakland for Moss! :bootyshake:

Burley81
02-03-2006, 03:56 AM
"sleepagent" wrote:

Let's sign him & then trade him to Oakland for Moss!I hope you are being sarcastic...

And for my opinion on this, hell no, dont bring him here.

sleepagent
02-03-2006, 04:10 AM
:bootyshake:

eclipse_2303
02-03-2006, 06:11 AM
If they were gonna sign TO then why even trade Moss in the 1st place.

Moss > TO

ChiTownVike
02-03-2006, 07:06 AM
"sleepagent" wrote:

leave now

even thinking that makes me wanna puke

hovan
02-03-2006, 08:01 AM
"eclipse_2303" wrote:

If they were gonna sign TO then why even trade Moss in the 1st place.

Moss > TO

Because it was Red and Tice not Wilf and Child who sold our golden boy into slavery

vikesoto
02-03-2006, 11:07 PM
I hope they don't ever bring that cancer to Minnesota !!!!!

Vikes
02-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Not going to happen. We don't need a receiver!