PDA

View Full Version : Apparently the Local QB is a Touchy Subject :-)



SKOL
06-09-2004, 10:32 PM
No more Daunte debates!! I didn't realize the subject brought so much fire to the eyes of some Vikes fans. Some numbskull finally resorted to name calling before our beloved moderator shut-er-down. I learned my lesson though..., there are some subjects that even we, the most avid Vikes fans have to avoid. :salute:

Viking_Spirit
06-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Yes, that is a good one to avoid. You should have seen the Daunte debates that went on in January and Febuary. LOTS of namecalling in those. Go and search for them to see what they are like. We really don't wanna bring those back again.

SKOL
06-10-2004, 08:45 AM
Thanks for enlightening me Viking Spirit. I wish I would have been here, at the time, to see those debates. :lol: When I get time I'll search the archives.

VKG4LFE
06-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Yeah, you shouldn't mess with Daunte on the field or on this site!!

triedandtruevikesfan
06-10-2004, 10:29 AM
its alright Skol... I know that you were just trying to put stats out there... unfortunetly just mentioning his name tends to start a debate.

Viking_Spirit
06-10-2004, 11:16 AM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

its alright Skol... I know that you were just trying to put stats out there... unfortunetly just mentioning his name tends to start a debate.
It's not just mentioning his name, it seemed like every thread used to track off into a Daunte debate (in January and Febuary). Mentioning football pretty much started a "Daunte or Not" debate.

Waiting for this thread to slide into a "Daunte or Not" debate.........please lock this when it starts!

triedandtruevikesfan
06-10-2004, 11:25 AM
sure will VS!! I'm soooooo sick of those!

VKG4LFE
06-10-2004, 12:34 PM
What debate? He is our QB, leave it at that!!

triedandtruevikesfan
06-10-2004, 12:37 PM
thats what I'm talking about! some people just aren't as smart as you though!

VKG4LFE
06-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Well obviously!! Just kidding!

Viking_Spirit
06-10-2004, 12:41 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

What debate? He is our QB, leave it at that!!
Some don't grasp that concept......

VKG4LFE
06-10-2004, 12:44 PM
I know and I really don't understand why? Ever since his rookie year, which I consider the first year he started, even though it was his second year, he has been pretty good for us!! Nobody likes the turnovers but that is something that we just have to deal with now and then and every team goes through it. He's getting better at not turning it over so we're alright. Daunte's #1, who cares whose #2 for our depth charts, I guess until he gets hurt!!

SKOL
06-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Hey VKG4LFE did you get promoted to "Pro-Bowler" status, or did you do it on your own? I remember recommending you for promotion because of your license plate..., then you got to Pro-Bowl pretty quickly. What's up? I've been posting like a mad-man, and I'm still just a Rookie.

Viking_Spirit
06-10-2004, 02:20 PM
You've got to get up to 100 for the next ranking. The rankings are by total # of posts. For example, you have to get 1100 posts to reach GM status.

LosAngelis
06-10-2004, 05:36 PM
I got called a "poopy-head" when I talked about Duante.

triedandtruevikesfan
06-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Well los I don't know about poopy head, I'll just stick with cheesehead!

VikemanX84
06-10-2004, 06:52 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

No more Daunte debates!! I didn't realize the subject brought so much fire to the eyes of some Vikes fans. Some numbskull finally resorted to name calling before our beloved moderator shut-er-down. I learned my lesson though..., there are some subjects that even we, the most avid Vikes fans have to avoid. :salute:

lol:
"Some numbskull finally resorted to name calling"

- Nothing like calling someone a name for calling people names. Lets try and be a little LESS hypocritical.

The "beloved moderator" and the "numskull" are actually one and the same.

I just had to point that out.

VikemanX84
06-10-2004, 06:53 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Well los I don't know about poopy head, I'll just stick with cheesehead!

I'd rather be a poopy head, personally....

D2M
06-10-2004, 06:54 PM
"VikemanX84" wrote:


"Some numbskull finally resorted to name calling"

- Nothing like calling someone a name for calling people names. Lets try and be a little LESS hypocritical.

The "beloved moderator" and the "numskull" are actually one and the same.

I just had to point that out.

Ouch.......that's a burn right there! :)

D2M 8)

LosAngelis
06-10-2004, 06:56 PM
"VikemanX84" wrote:

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Well los I don't know about poopy head, I'll just stick with cheesehead!

I'd rather be a poopy head, personally....

Vikeman...you said it, I didn't! But, I'm glad to oblige! :lol:

VikemanX84
06-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Well, fortunately enough, I don't have to chose. ;)

triedandtruevikesfan
06-10-2004, 07:09 PM
vikeman were you calling names again?? sheesh... your grounded!

Viking_Spirit
06-10-2004, 08:33 PM
"VikemanX84" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

No more Daunte debates!! I didn't realize the subject brought so much fire to the eyes of some Vikes fans. Some numbskull finally resorted to name calling before our beloved moderator shut-er-down. I learned my lesson though..., there are some subjects that even we, the most avid Vikes fans have to avoid. :salute:

lol:
"Some numbskull finally resorted to name calling"

- Nothing like calling someone a name for calling people names. Lets try and be a little LESS hypocritical.

The "beloved moderator" and the "numskull" are actually one and the same.

I just had to point that out.
Shot down tnt! lol

RandyMoss8404
06-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Hate to say this, but if Daunte would keep his grip on the football and his brains in clutch situations we wouldn't be having this conversation :-P

SKOL
06-11-2004, 09:42 AM
"VikemanX84" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

No more Daunte debates!! I didn't realize the subject brought so much fire to the eyes of some Vikes fans. Some numbskull finally resorted to name calling before our beloved moderator shut-er-down. I learned my lesson though..., there are some subjects that even we, the most avid Vikes fans have to avoid. :salute:

lol:
"Some numbskull finally resorted to name calling"

- Nothing like calling someone a name for calling people names. Lets try and be a little LESS hypocritical.

The "beloved moderator" and the "numskull" are actually one and the same.

I just had to point that out.

Yeah - I knew that was a little hypocritical. I've got to admit, I had a little fire in my own eye, that didn't get any better when I couldn't fire back. It's a good thing you shut-er-down.

I should point out that it is possible to be a "beloved numskull". Of course..., you're not one though...,

No wait - did that come out right? Nah - Sorry man - I keep that up and I'll be terminated from my favorite board. :blackeye:

triedandtruevikesfan
06-11-2004, 10:10 AM
what do you mean shot down? I didn't lock it... Vikeman did :P

LosAngelis
06-11-2004, 04:38 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Hate to say this, but if Daunte would keep his grip on the football and his brains in clutch situations we wouldn't be having this conversation :-P

If Daunte would hang on to the ball we wouldn't be having the "poopy-head" conversation???

triedandtruevikesfan
06-11-2004, 04:39 PM
LOL!!! Don't start RandyMoss!!! NO MORE DAUNTE DEBATES!!! I will lock this one the moment it starts!

amavikesfan
06-11-2004, 07:53 PM
poopy head? poopy head?!? i don't remember you getting called a pooopy head. of course i was delusional all during the famous "daunte debates" anyway...

oh, and you ARE a poopy head, los :bootyshake: ...lol

Viking_Spirit
06-11-2004, 08:34 PM
I remember the word "dumbass" being thrown around, hundreds of times if I'm correct. Man were those Daunte debates a waste of time...........

VikemanX84
06-11-2004, 08:54 PM
"I remember the word "dumbass" being thrown around, hundreds of times"

- Yeah, I am one hell of a Quarterback ;)

Viking_Spirit
06-12-2004, 01:24 PM
"VikemanX84" wrote:

"I remember the word "dumbass" being thrown around, hundreds of times"

- Yeah, I am one hell of a Quarterback ;)
lol