PDA

View Full Version : Daunte - 29 Wins 34 Losses As A Starter

SKOL
06-09-2004, 03:30 PM
I know it's never JUST the quarterback that's responsible for wins and losses. But generally good quarterbacks have winning records. Daunte's record for starts by year:

2000 - 11 Wins 5 Losses
2001 - 5 Wins 11 Losses
2002 - 6 Wins 10 Losses
2003 - 7 Wins 7 Losses

The Vikes, in general, have been in a rebuilding phase for the last several years. But even last year when the team had a winning record he was only 7 - 7 as a starter. I hope he can turn around the Win - Loss record this year.

triedandtruevikesfan
06-09-2004, 03:32 PM
ohhh noooooooo you just opened up a big can of worms!!! I'm gonna plea with everyone!!! NO MORE DAUNTE DEBATES!!!

SKOL
06-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Sorry tnt. I suppose now it's too late to close the can. Please - no response from Puckers fans.

purplehorn
06-09-2004, 03:51 PM
When we go 14-2 this year, and he is the superbowl
MVP I guess that will answer alot of questions.

DiehardVikesFan
06-09-2004, 04:08 PM
You can't really base it on record when you have a consistantly bottom of the pack defense year after year...

D2M
06-09-2004, 04:18 PM
"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:

You can't really base it on record when you have a consistantly bottom of the pack defense year after year...

Exactly. And on the flip side, we have Tom Brady. Hugely overrated QB, but "he wins".

Does he? Who knows, but from what I watch, it looks like the defense winning the games for the team.

Before last season, Manning was bashed all the time for his inability to "win a playoff game". Was it his inability, or lack of team defense? I'd say the defense. He sure shut people up with a near-perfect QB rating in the two games VS. Denver and KC.

D2M 8)

RandyMoss8404
06-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Tom Brady isn't at all overrated, he just plays a short passing game. And he WINS GAMES.

Mossville
06-09-2004, 04:50 PM
"purplehorn" wrote:

When we go 14-2 this year, and he is the superbowl
MVP I guess that will answer alot of questions. :violent1: No chance we will go 14 - 2, but superbowl is still possible. We still have no LBs

D2M
06-09-2004, 05:52 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Tom Brady isn't at all overrated, he just plays a short passing game. And he WINS GAMES.

That's arguable. I havn't seen him take over a game. I've seen their D-Line take over a game, though. I've seen Law strike fear into a QBs eye. I've seen Harrison put sweet hits on receivers, and I could go on.

Anyway, I don't really care. The amount I hear about Brady in comparison to what I see on the field makes him overrated in my book. My point was how much he owes to his supporting cast. This is true of every QB in the NFL, and none more so than Culpepper and our recent defense's.

D2M 8)

Big Daddy
06-09-2004, 06:31 PM
You also have to take into consideration that 2001 and 2002 were rebuilding years. You can't blame those records on just one player.

Viking_Spirit
06-09-2004, 06:36 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

Tom Brady is the most overrated player in the league. Those Joe Montana comparisons really got to me, and the media can't get enough of him. All Brady is is an average QB who has a clutch kicker and a great D.

Brady does not win games. Vinateri and the Defense do.

VikemanX84
06-09-2004, 06:57 PM
OMG!!!!!!!

What was our defense ranked in each of those years? How about our running game? OUr offensive line was crap. Who was coaching? Daunte did miss games due to injuries, did you count those (no)? What an idiot.

It's not HIM to needs to turn it around. All of those season, but one, and even in that one, he still had a good year. it's THE TEAM! that needs to turn it around. OUr defense needs to turn it around, and Scott Linehan needs to turn it around (before the off-season Red would be in the list too). I don't know how anyone can be this dumb!!!!!