PDA

View Full Version : What games did you guys go to this year?



Vikes316
01-28-2006, 12:58 AM
I went to the browns, rams, bears, and the imfamous home opener agains the Bucs. 3 out of 4 aint bad

WBLVikeBabe
01-28-2006, 01:00 AM
All the home games from the first Vikings/Packer game til the end of the season. And I also went to the home opener against TB.

DCPologirl
01-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Ravens game Christmas night

VikesfaninWis
01-28-2006, 01:02 AM
1. TB
2. CHI
3 SLACKERS

cajunvike
01-28-2006, 01:17 AM
The spectacular win over the Packers in the Dome...with the preceding tailgate party in Rapid Park being the Tailgate Party of the Year!

Also went to the Ravens game in Baltimore...met some more cool Vikings fans from the board (right Polo)...unfortunately it didn't go well for our guys...still had a blast rooting for them!!!

Next year, I will shoot for the Packers game at the Dome again...and will attend the Redskins game here in Maryland...and will have my famous Cajun gumbo for all Vikings fans that tailgate with me!!!

V4L
01-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Too poor to get a ticket to a game! It sucks.. I'll never make it to a game..

Caj u post ur recipe yet?

NordicNed
01-28-2006, 01:22 AM
I was blessed enough to go see the Vikings play and beat the Bears for the years finale game..

I went to the game with SingerSP and Caine........We had a blast.....

vikesoto
01-28-2006, 04:01 AM
Three home games. Kansas City, Green Bay , and St .Louis. I wish I could of gone to all, but I live in L.A., a little expensive, but worth every penny! There's nothing like "Big Snort's" at the Market Bar BQ after a home game!! And even though they now play in St. Louis, $%&* THE RAMS !!!!!!

COJOMAY
01-28-2006, 04:44 AM
Went to the game in Cincinnati. It was a terrible experience. I thought the Cincinnati fans were very rude. The radio had pumped the fans up the day before telling lies about how the Vikings were gonna injure Johnson on purpose. It made for a miserable experience. I left at the end of the third quarter amid boos, cat calls and food thrown at me.

Mr. Purple
01-28-2006, 05:10 AM
I saw the Bucs vs Atlanta game ? if that counts lol

PurplePeopleEaters
01-28-2006, 05:15 AM
The game in the dome vs. the pack. Best experience of my life and my first game. Got to meet some PPOers too.

singersp
01-28-2006, 05:24 AM
All 10 home games, pre-season & regular season;

Aug 12 Kansas City, Won 27-16

Aug 26 San Diego, Won 19-16

Sep 11 Tampa Bay, Lost 13-24

Sep 25 New Orleans, Won 33-16

Oct 23 Green Bay, Won 23-20

Nov 6 Detroit, Won 27-14

Nov 27 Cleveland, Won 24-12

Dec 11 St. Louis, Won 27-13

Dec 18 Pittsburgh, Lost 3-18

Jan 1 Chicago, Won 34-10

8 out of 10 of them we won!

ItalianStallion
01-28-2006, 06:26 AM
One of the worst games of the year, our thrashing at the hands of the Bears in Chicago. Still though somebody has to tell me what game you all are planning on going to next year so that I can make arrangements ahead of time. I booked Chicago this year thinking that the heavyweights would be there, but it never materialized. It would be nice to actually hang out in person with real Vikings fans, something I am sad to say I have never done.

singersp
01-28-2006, 06:40 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

One of the worst games of the year, our thrashing at the hands of the Bears in Chicago. Still though somebody has to tell me what game you all are planning on going to next year so that I can make arrangements ahead of time. I booked Chicago this year thinking that the heavyweights would be there, but it never materialized. It would be nice to actually hang out in person with real Vikings fans, something I am sad to say I have never done.

Well we will probably have a big one at the dome this year, but if you're coming I'd prefer you wear something a little more traditional than the attire in your avatar! :grin:

Ltrey33
01-28-2006, 07:00 AM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

Ravens game Christmas night

Yes! Me too!

cc21
01-28-2006, 07:03 AM
All the home games except for the Bucs.

ItalianStallion
01-28-2006, 08:14 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

One of the worst games of the year, our thrashing at the hands of the Bears in Chicago. Still though somebody has to tell me what game you all are planning on going to next year so that I can make arrangements ahead of time. I booked Chicago this year thinking that the heavyweights would be there, but it never materialized. It would be nice to actually hang out in person with real Vikings fans, something I am sad to say I have never done.

Well we will probably have a big one at the dome this year, but if you're coming I'd prefer you wear something a little more traditional than the attire in your avatar! :grin:

Whatever I can handle the cold, jk. I look nothing like my avatar :P

WBLVikeBabe
01-28-2006, 08:16 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

One of the worst games of the year, our thrashing at the hands of the Bears in Chicago. Still though somebody has to tell me what game you all are planning on going to next year so that I can make arrangements ahead of time. I booked Chicago this year thinking that the heavyweights would be there, but it never materialized. It would be nice to actually hang out in person with real Vikings fans, something I am sad to say I have never done.

Well we will probably have a big one at the dome this year, but if you're coming I'd prefer you wear something a little more traditional than the attire in your avatar! :grin:

Whatever I can handle the cold, jk. I look nothing like my avatar :P

Oh my gosh I thought it was you! Hee hee just kidding :lol:

VKG4LFE
01-28-2006, 09:10 AM
I went to the game at lamboo against the cheesedicks!

Foranzan
01-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Home opener versus the Bucs and the Browns game. 1-1 with me there.

So far I've only seen them play "B" teams:

In 1998 (I was 13) I saw them kill the Bears (like 48-22 or something like that). Last year I saw them beat the Bears in week 3, and the two other games I meantioned.

So, Browns, Bears, Bucs. Just need the Broncos to complete the set I think heh.

midgensa
01-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Went to game No. 2 at Cincinnati and Game No. 4 at Atlanta this year ... 0-2 in a bad way ...
That makes the Vikes 1-5 at games I attended (got engaged at the one that they won though! Atlanta 2003) ... so I am wondering if I should ever go to another Vikes games ... Lost in 01 at Philly and at Baltimore ... lost in 04 at home gainst the Hawks and lost 05 at Cincy and at Atlanta ... just bad luck I think.

NeumDog
01-28-2006, 10:39 AM
All the home games.

I've only missed a couple in the last six or seven years of having season tickets (not counting pre-season).

VKG4LFE
01-28-2006, 10:46 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

Went to game No. 2 at Cincinnati and Game No. 4 at Atlanta this year ... 0-2 in a bad way ...
That makes the Vikes 1-5 at games I attended (got engaged at the one that they won though! Atlanta 2003) ... so I am wondering if I should ever go to another Vikes games ... Lost in 01 at Philly and at Baltimore ... lost in 04 at home gainst the Hawks and lost 05 at Cincy and at Atlanta ... just bad luck I think.


STOP going!! lol jk

When I go with my lil bro we are 2-0 (98 pack at dome, 01 dolphins at dome)

When I go with my gf 1-2 (05 at lamboo, 04 at lamboo, 01 falcons at dome)


This brings me to my next point. Don't go to games with GF anymore, DO go to games with my lil bro!!

whiteviking24
01-28-2006, 11:09 AM
I was at the preseason game v.s. cheifs
and
I was at the game v.s. steelers.

I hope to get season tickets this year though!

MrGopher16
01-28-2006, 11:41 AM
I didn't get to go to any :sad:

hawaiianvike21
01-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Flew all the way up from hawaii just for only three days for the saints game.

What an experience, not that they killed the saints but how i got the tickets for free, got to tour one of the dome's suite, didnt even enter the dome through the main gates, and got a lot of free stuff from the vikings themselves. Got a culpepper signed jersey, media guide signed by
troy, got a plaque signed by daunte, bennett, k sauce and kwill and a bunch of other small viking goodies.

The vikings community relations director Brad Madson i think, hes da man. :cool:

To top the whole experience off, saw a lot of the players in person as they walked to the parking lot after the game and toured winter park as well.

1-0 with me at the helm. :grin:

VKG4LFE
01-28-2006, 05:27 PM
D@MN!! I knew you got some stuff hv but I didn't realize you got that much!! That's a good haul!

BBQ Platypus
01-28-2006, 07:56 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

I was blessed enough to go see the Vikings play and beat the Bears for the years finale game..

I went to the game with SingerSP and Caine........We had a blast.....

I was there, too! About halfway up the upper deck behind the end zone! There were a whole buttload of Bears fans there.

NeumDog
01-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Next season, we'll do some better planning, and get together for some great PP.O tailgate parties. It will be better than the Vikes/Packers party this past season.

MensaTice
01-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Well done Sigersp. I made it to TB, Cleveland, and Pitt. 1-2 is my worste record in many years. Most seasons the Vikes and T-wolves seem to win nearly every time I go and the Wild and Twins seem to lose which is especially sad considering my Twins season tickets.

VikesfaninWis
01-28-2006, 08:58 PM
"singersp" wrote:

All 10 home games, pre-season & regular season;

Aug 12 Kansas City, Won 27-16

Aug 26 San Diego, Won 19-16

Sep 11 Tampa Bay, Lost 13-24

Sep 25 New Orleans, Won 33-16

Oct 23 Green Bay, Won 23-20

Nov 6 Detroit, Won 27-14

Nov 27 Cleveland, Won 24-12

Dec 11 St. Louis, Won 27-13

Dec 18 Pittsburgh, Lost 3-18

Jan 1 Chicago, Won 34-10

8 out of 10 of them we won!


Awesome, I have been to 4 Vikings games, at the dome, and a bunch here in Wisconsin. The Dome is such a great experience because you are around all of the other Vikings fans. 3 of the 4 were this past season, tb,packers,chi, the other one was 2004 season, when we got our a$$e$ handed to us by the Giants... I would love to tailgate with other Vikings fans, I have not had the honor of doing that yet....

VikesfaninWis
01-28-2006, 09:00 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I went to the game at lamboo against the cheesedicks!


VKG, Where were you sitting at Lameboo? I was at that game too.. Saw alot of other Vikings fans, talked to alot at half time.. Just wondering if any were you...

NodakPaul
01-28-2006, 09:10 PM
I made it to the NO game, the Green Bay Game, the Cleveland Game and the Steelers game. I wanted to make it to all of them, but we just made a move across 4 states, and the $$$ was tight! :) Next year I am going to go to EVERY game, including pre-season!

The games I couldn't go to this year I made sure that Vikings fans filled our seats.

I would LOVE to get tickets to a Vikes game at Lambeau, but it is a 10 hour drive from Fargo, meaning at least a three day round trip, and I have two young children at home. Maybe one of these years...

Rastak
01-28-2006, 11:31 PM
"Vikes316" wrote:

I went to the browns, rams, bears, and the imfamous home opener agains the Bucs. 3 out of 4 aint bad


Packers, Lions, Rams, Steelers.

VKG4LFE
01-29-2006, 12:31 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I went to the game at lamboo against the cheesedicks!


VKG, Where were you sitting at Lameboo? I was at that game too.. Saw alot of other Vikings fans, talked to alot at half time.. Just wondering if any were you...


We were sitting 3 rows behind the vikings bench at the 50 yard line. IT...WAS...AWESOME!!! I was wearing my license plate around my neck so if you did talk to me I'm sure you would have remembered!! Where were you sitting?

cc21
01-29-2006, 03:17 AM
No way VKG. Those seats would be so sweet! I bet you could hear the players and coaches talking about stuff. Man that would be awsome. I bet you had a lot of fun.

PurplePeopleEaters
01-29-2006, 03:31 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I went to the game at lamboo against the cheesedicks!


VKG, Where were you sitting at Lameboo? I was at that game too.. Saw alot of other Vikings fans, talked to alot at half time.. Just wondering if any were you...


We were sitting 3 rows behind the vikings bench at the 50 yard line. IT...WAS...AWESOME!!! I was wearing my license plate around my neck so if you did talk to me I'm sure you would have remembered!! Where were you sitting?

Man! You can't ask for better seats. :shock:

MrGopher16
01-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Unfortunately i didn't get to go to any this season. Had a chance to go to the browns game, but then that chance disappeared. I was very sad!

ChezPizmo
01-29-2006, 10:37 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Went to the game in Cincinnati. It was a terrible experience. I thought the Cincinnati fans were very rude. The radio had pumped the fans up the day before telling lies about how the Vikings were gonna injure Johnson on purpose. It made for a miserable experience. I left at the end of the third quarter amid boos, cat calls and food thrown at me.

That's the game I went to. What seats did you have? I was on the 50 yard line on the Vikes side about row 13.
The stadium there is absoulutely beautiful, but has asshole fans.

I still haven't been able to make it to any Dome games.
I want to go when we play the Pack sooo bad. I can only imagine the atmosphere... *drools*

vikeswin2005
01-29-2006, 10:48 PM
all home games
at balt
at carolina
pre season at seattle

**by the way my seats are not the best currently 20th row upper level aisle seats 10 yard line i probably will have 1 extra ticket for at least both pre season and about 4 reg season games let me know if anyone is interested the price just went up i think it is 75 per game****

vikeswin2005
01-29-2006, 10:52 PM
the baltimore game on xmas night we were on the 48 yard line row 1 right behind the vikes bench we were seen on espn over 10 times i have tons of pictures once i can figure out how to put them on it is a toss up between seattle and baltimore as the nicest i have ever seen and i have been to 18 stadiums in the last 8-10 years

singersp
01-29-2006, 10:57 PM
"vikeswin2005" wrote:

all home games
at balt
at carolina
pre season at seattle

**by the way my seats are not the best currently 20th row upper level aisle seats 10 yard line i probably will have 1 extra ticket for at least both pre season and about 4 reg season games let me know if anyone is interested the price just went up i think it is 75 per game****

If your seats were $48 they are now $49 if they were the $64 They are now $67.

http://vikingscmap.atomicplaypen.net/DAM_public/4740.swf

vikeswin2005
01-29-2006, 11:02 PM
i just looked again 67 thanks

singersp
01-29-2006, 11:07 PM
"vikeswin2005" wrote:

i just looked again 67 thanks

But if your a season ticket holder, your cost is $670 for 10 tix. $67 Ea.

The $75 is what a person who only buys tix one game at a time would pay.

MrGopher16
01-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Ah i can't wait for the day when i will be able to call myself a season ticket holder!

*sigh*

hawaiianvike21
01-30-2006, 09:39 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

D@MN!! I knew you got some stuff hv but I didn't realize you got that much!! That's a good haul!

ya i know, once in a life time experience.

Well not going to games but being able to get all that stuff, get to tour the suite and be treated royaly.

I know that ill be up there for a game again sometime soon.

olson_10
01-30-2006, 11:00 AM
against the browns on thanksgiving weekend

singersp
01-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Now that I think about it.....

one.

The Chicago Bears game on 1/1/06.

It's the only correct answer, since it's the only game the Vikings played this year (2006). :wink:

All other games were played last year in 2005.

It's a trick question! :grin:

cajunvike
01-30-2006, 06:27 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Now that I think about it.....

one.

The Chicago Bears game on 1/1/06.

It's the only correct answer, since it's the only game the Vikings played this year (2006). :wink:

All other games were played last year in 2005.

It's a trick question! :grin:

Good one, singer! :lol:

VikingsM4
01-30-2006, 06:40 PM
I went to the home opener with my Girlfriend of six years, and she just broke up with me...I'm very devistated, anyone got advice. :cry:

MrGopher16
01-30-2006, 07:22 PM
"VikingsM4" wrote:

I went to the home opener with my Girlfriend of six years, and she just broke up with me...I'm very devistated, anyone got advice. :cry:

First of all i would suggest making a thread about it, that way more people will see it and be able to help you out more!

VikesFan4Life
01-30-2006, 07:26 PM
I didn't go to any this year, but last year I went to the Giants game (50 yd line, upper level, $90, nice seats!), and the Seahawks game (end zone, upper level, first row, not that good).

We lost both of course...urrrrgh!

briboy75
02-01-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm amazed at a few things about this thread.

I dont't understand why anyone would care what games someone else went to. 4pages worth so far! Its less then a week to the big game!

I'm also amazed thatat this thread has pretty much stayed on topic, and is one of the few that hasn't spun into something about moss and/or culpepper.

sleepagent
02-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Brownies over Thanksgiving. 1st game ever & travelled from Northeastern PA to see it. 39 years in the making.

Great Game. Great City. Great People. Great Times!

slimerg0d
02-02-2006, 04:18 AM
We went to the Browns, Rams, Steelers and Bears

mosscatch2005
02-02-2006, 04:29 AM
I went to the falcons ass kicking lol. And i was on tv!!!! If ya wanna see go to my myspace-- www.myspace.com/xanderpj its on the left hand side, u gotta scroll down alittle, and click the picture to go to the link.

singersp
02-02-2006, 05:24 AM
"sleepagent" wrote:

Brownies over Thanksgiving. 1st game ever & travelled from Northeastern PA to see it. 39 years in the making.

Great Game. Great City. Great People. Great Times!

You couldn't have gone to a Thanksgiving game this year. It's only February! :grin:

gregair13
02-02-2006, 08:10 AM
i got to my first game ever this year against the saints. crazy awesome fun time. i love minnesota. i hopefully will get to a game next year as well.

hawaiianvike21
02-02-2006, 11:40 AM
"gregair13" wrote:

i got to my first game ever this year against the saints. crazy awesome fun time. i love minnesota. i hopefully will get to a game next year as well.

Lmao, just like me. At least we got something in common.

Where were your seats by the way?

vikings6490
02-02-2006, 02:11 PM
I went to Vikings vs. Giants..I really want to go to one in Minnesota though