PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated: Daunte is MVP !!

SKOL
06-06-2004, 11:32 AM
This is the same guy who picked the Vikes and Dolphins in the Super Bowl. Now he's got Daunte as MVP.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/b_duane_cross/06/03/awards.predictions/index.html

vikings_fan66
06-06-2004, 01:16 PM
This is awesome. Finally we get some respect from the media

kramer9guy
06-06-2004, 01:21 PM
Respect from the media is nice, but what I really want is for the Vikings to get to the playoffs, not choke and prove to the world that our level of play can match our talent when it matters. 2004 season Superbowl champs!!!

amavikesfan
06-06-2004, 01:22 PM
screw respect from the media. i don't even want it any more. why wuld you want respect from something that is not respectable? most of the time, if there's nothing to report, they just make something up and say it was from an "unnamed source". there's so many of them any more that they have to make stuff up just so that they can keep their jobs. can you imagine how many beat writers would lose their jobs if all they could report were the facts?

VKG4LFE
06-06-2004, 05:19 PM
This better not be a jinx put on Daunte or something!! I hate predictions more than anything, well not more than packer fans!! Let's just get the season started before anyone else gets arrested!!

owensforpres
06-07-2004, 12:34 PM
it better not be a jinx, since everytime they say something good about us something happens. i'm always reminded of the game where the announcer said "daunte hasn't thrown a single interception yet" then the next throw bam an int. i stop listening to these guys

VKG4LFE
06-07-2004, 12:38 PM
I remember that game all too well owensforpres, against the Giants!! I also remember a certain game in the 1998 season (the playoffs were in 1999) when a certain kicker made ALL of his field goals and ALL of his extra points during the regular season and through the first game of the playoffs, but then missed a chip shot, wide left!! I think we all remember that jinx that the announcers put on us then!!! I hate announcers, that's all their good at is jinxing teams!!

owensforpres
06-07-2004, 12:44 PM
its too bad we can't announce our on games somehow lol i know i wouldn't jinx us

VKG4LFE
06-07-2004, 12:47 PM
No kidding owens!!!

LosAngelis
06-08-2004, 03:02 PM
LOL

No offense, guys, but weren't you all complaining a while ago that Favre was such a media darling, and how gross and disgusting it was?

Funny when the shoe is on the other foot. :-)

VKG4LFE
06-08-2004, 03:04 PM
You know I am really sick and tired of agreeing with a damn packer fan, but los you make a good point!! (and I hate you for it!!, just kidding)!

DiehardVikesFan
06-09-2004, 01:06 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

LOL

No offense, guys, but weren't you all complaining a while ago that Favre was such a media darling, and how gross and disgusting it was?

Packer fans can talk?
Just kidding...but yeah you are right.

hawaiianvike21
06-09-2004, 03:42 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

LOL

Dude where have you been lately. This is the first time the media and these sports editorials actually give us props and a chance to win the north this year nonetheless give daunte to be an mvp.

Farve has been the medial darling for how long already? :scratch:

LosAngelis
06-09-2004, 10:54 AM
All I'm sayin', Hawaiian, is that I don't buy into the media stuff when it supports my team (the "team of destiny"), or when it supports the team I hate ("Culpepper will be MVP!").

Sports reporters have to say stuff, because it sells papers, magazines, and commercial time. All that matters is the final score on the scoreboard. Unfortunately, sometimes I fear that the whole "team of destiny" thing may have actually worked against my team last year...that without all that extra pressure and lines of questioning, maybe they would have made some smarter calls down the stretch against Philly.

So, personally, while I'm sure you all loved the reporter who picked Minnesota in the Super Bowl, you had to scratch your head when he also picked Miami to play against you. It's nice to hear, but I'd rather hear about how hard my team is playing in minicamps and who's really playing well at this point.

purplehorn
06-09-2004, 11:01 AM
I think that writer must have ESP or is it ESPN?
oh well he has something.

VKG4LFE
06-09-2004, 11:24 AM
What movie is that from purplehorn? I never saw it, but I did see the commercial where the chick says that line!!

purplehorn
06-09-2004, 11:42 AM
I have no idea?

VKG4LFE
06-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Did you know it was in a movie?

purplehorn
06-09-2004, 02:38 PM
No, I thought I made it up.

VKG4LFE
06-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Oh, on the preview of the movie it's some girl that says, "I like have ESPN or something!" something along those lines. The movie came out a while ago, I just can't remember what it is!

triedandtruevikesfan
06-09-2004, 03:24 PM
yeah it is from a movie... i can't think of which one either, but I can picture the girl saying it.

SKOL
06-09-2004, 03:40 PM
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I think it's a quote from Mean Girls.

VKG4LFE
06-10-2004, 06:54 AM
Yeah maybe that's it. Who knows, I guess it's not that big of a deal.