PDA

View Full Version : Would Joey Browner cut it today

EBBS
06-02-2004, 02:50 PM
Hi all,

My first post ever. I think Joey Browner was ace. I'm from Ireland and watched Browner, Millard and Doleman kick ass. Could he dominate today as he did then?

Viking_Spirit
06-02-2004, 02:55 PM
Welcome! Good to see more international Vikings support!

SKOL VIKES!

JimFlyinsaucer
06-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Browner would probably get called a lot more for unnecessary roughness in today's league.

bigdogbovy
06-02-2004, 03:56 PM
"EBBS" wrote:

Hi all,

My first post ever. I think Joey Browner was ace. I'm from Ireland and watched Browner, Millard and Doleman kick ass. Could he dominate today as he did then?

Browner probably, milliard yes, because he was just plain F$%king Nuts, Doleman.....DUH. Yes.

But baby were in 2004. I know all yoiu got near by is the calimores but lets keep recent!!! :salute:

SKOL
06-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Browner, Millard and Doleman would dominate in any era. Browner had the most powerful hands, that coupled with his martial arts skills, made him awesome to watch. Millard's motor never stopped, very similar to John Randle. Doleman was very quick off the line..., we haven't had a decent end since he left.

EBBS - It's awesome that you also follow "the purple". I bet it's not easy to do from Ireland. What's your story?

dan3ski
06-03-2004, 01:10 AM
I have no doubt Joey Browner would command top dollar in todays NFL. it was a shame the way the Vikings made him play with a bad arm, as I think he could have played several more years if they had let it heal.

RichPerez
09-17-2013, 12:23 AM
Agree Joey would tear it up in any era! come on 1100 tackles in a career as a safety! unreal!

Minniman
09-17-2013, 07:26 AM
G.I. Joey with the kung-fu grip? Oh yes, he would dominate today. He would have to watch out for the horse collar tackle, but he knew how to grab, wrap, and tackle. He was also instinctively quick to the ball.

Doleman is a Hall of Fame player deservedly so.

Millard was a beast. If not for injuries, he would have had a shot at the Hall of Fame. No other defensive tackle was as dominant as he was in his uninjured prime seasons.

Purple Floyd
09-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Wow, someone went deep to dredge this thread. You know things are bad when you jump back to a 2004 thread to try to get a conversation going.

Then again that is the last time we had a good young QB on the team.