PDA

View Full Version : Childress on Jim Rome today



2beersTommy
01-17-2006, 08:18 PM
it was a decent interview, he talked about culpepper, B-rad Johnson, the WC offense, and his background of coaching, heres a link where it might be heard tomorrow 1/18 : http://www.jimrome.com/home.html , look for "Rome behind the mic" and if its on there it would be within the 1st hour of the show.

MnFan_in_Canada
01-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Damn I am sorry I missed it. I usually listen to the Rome show but couldnt today. Will definately look for it tomorrow on his site. But be aware, to listen to the audio clips it is going to cost you. They charge for that service.

2beersTommy
01-17-2006, 08:57 PM
"MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:

gol 'darnit I am sorry I missed it. I usually listen to the Rome show but couldnt today. Will definately look for it tomorrow on his site. But be aware, to listen to the audio clips it is going to cost you. They charge for that service.

are u F***in kidding ? they charge for those ? WTF

MnFan_in_Canada
01-17-2006, 09:04 PM
"2beersTommy" wrote:

"MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:

gol 'darnit I am sorry I missed it. I usually listen to the Rome show but couldnt today. Will definately look for it tomorrow on his site. But be aware, to listen to the audio clips it is going to cost you. They charge for that service.

are u F***in kidding ? they charge for those ? WTF

Yup I just looked it up. To listen to the audio clips they charge you:

"6.95 each month, $29.95 for 6 months, or $54.95 for 12 months." Taken from www.jimrome.com

cajunvike
01-17-2006, 09:29 PM
"MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:

gol 'darnit I am sorry I missed it. I usually listen to the Rome show but couldnt today. Will definately look for it tomorrow on his site. But be aware, to listen to the audio clips it is going to cost you. They charge for that service.

F*** that...those thievin' bastages!!!

Lando
01-17-2006, 09:48 PM
If somebody has a sub can they type out the interview for us Vikes fans? :)

MnFan_in_Canada
01-17-2006, 09:49 PM
"Lando" wrote:

If somebody has a sub can they type out the interview for us Vikes fans? :)

Ditto. I'll even say please lol

michaelmazid
01-17-2006, 09:51 PM
I heard the tail end of it and It was the first time I heard Brad speak beside the introuduction he got with ziggy. I thought he sounded very much like andy reid and I was very impressed. He also kind of reminded me of marvin lewis.

Mr. Purple
01-17-2006, 10:06 PM
is this gonna be on Jim Rome is burning on ESPN today? Or did this happen yesterday?

2beersTommy
01-17-2006, 10:14 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

is this gonna be on Jim Rome is burning on ESPN today? Or did this happen yesterday?

show was today.. so im assuming it will be on ESPN later

Mr. Purple
01-17-2006, 10:16 PM
alrighty thanks man!

MnFan_in_Canada
01-17-2006, 10:18 PM
"2beersTommy" wrote:

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

is this gonna be on Jim Rome is burning on ESPN today? Or did this happen yesterday?

show was today.. so im assuming it will be on ESPN later

Jim Rome is Burning is a different show than his radio show. So there is no guarentee that the interview will be replayed on the TV show. Having said that, sometimes he does rerack interviews for TV but not very often.

2beersTommy
01-17-2006, 10:23 PM
"MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:

"2beersTommy" wrote:

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

is this gonna be on Jim Rome is burning on ESPN today? Or did this happen yesterday?

show was today.. so im assuming it will be on ESPN later

Jim Rome is Burning is a different show than his radio show. So there is no guarentee that the interview will be replayed on the TV show. Having said that, sometimes he does rerack interviews for TV but not very often.

ok..i didnt know that, i listen to him on the radio when i have the chance, but as far as most cable shows ..forget it, between being a single father & getting up @ 2 or 3am every morning doesnt leave me with much time for tube..braindead to say the least by the time i want to see anything, (except the back of my eyelids)

MnFan_in_Canada
01-17-2006, 10:27 PM
"2beersTommy" wrote:


ok..i didnt know that, i listen to him on the radio when i have the chance, but as far as most cable shows ..forget it, between being a single father & getting up @ 2 or 3am every morning doesnt leave me with much time for tube..braindead to say the least by the time i want to see anything, (except the back of my eyelids)

Glad you make the time to post here!!

I actually havent seen the show but once or twice (we dont get ESPN here in Southern Ontario, we have whats called TSN -- the Canadian version of ESPN). I am just going by what I have heard Romey say on the radio.

ultravikingfan
01-17-2006, 10:30 PM
I usually catch Rome in the radio.

This year the Vikes gave him a ton of things to talk about! :mad:

MnFan_in_Canada
01-17-2006, 10:32 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

This year the Vikes gave him a ton of things to talk about! :mad:

Yeah the Vikes made great fodder for him this year. Hopefully next year he will be talking about nothing but positive things where the Vikes are concerned.

ultravikingfan
01-17-2006, 10:34 PM
"MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

This year the Vikes gave him a ton of things to talk about! :mad:

Yeah the Vikes made great fodder for him this year. Hopefully next year he will be talking about nothing but positive things where the Vikes are concerned.

He has really hammered Onterrio to shreads.

Rome is funny as hell! He cracks me up even when I do not agree with him.

MnFan_in_Canada
01-17-2006, 10:38 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


He has really hammered Onterrio to shreads.

Rome is funny as hell! He cracks me up even when I do not agree with him.

He got after Tice for the scalping and really got after the entire orginazation after the boat party.

I agree, even if Romey is talking about something negative concerning the Vikes he still makes me laugh. Sometimes I love to hate him.

jimmymac
01-18-2006, 06:31 AM
I heard the Childress interview on Jim Rome today.

The main thinks that Childress said that stuck in my mind was when Rome asked him about the starting QB situation. Childress said that Culpepper would probably not be able to start at QB next season.

When Rome asked his feeling on the Vikings scandals Childress said that the team’s new direction was "character before athleticism."

cajunvike
01-18-2006, 08:06 AM
"jimmymac" wrote:

I heard the Childress interview on Jim Rome today.

The main thinks that Childress said that stuck in my mind was when Rome asked him about the starting QB situation. Childress said that Culpepper would probably not be able to start at QB next season.

When Rome asked his feeling on the Vikings scandals Childress said that the team’s new direction was "character before athleticism."

I hope that those character guys have some skills....otherwise we might as well bring in the Sisters of the Poor to play for us!!! :lol: