PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves

billvike
05-30-2004, 10:27 AM
Well Well Well, we forced a game 6. Now the problem is trying to win at Staples i think we can do it and if we do then the lakers will give us enough confidence to win it but its all up to winning game 6, just take everything to the rim and get foul shots and just win it the tough way! :cheers:

triedandtruevikesfan
05-30-2004, 12:33 PM
I may not be a realistic Vikings fan, but I'm a realistic Wolves fan. I think they have had a great season, and I'm proud of all that they've accomplished this year. However, I do not think we will win game 6. No way the Lakers are just gonna roll over and let us win, especially not at home

VKG4LFE
05-30-2004, 01:03 PM
I guess we'll see!! I think it will be a good game, but we need to hit our shots and really contain shaq and kobe again!! It's going to be tough, but if we lose that's ok, we had a great year and we have something to build on!! I think Kobe should come and play with KG next year!! That would be awesome!!

triedandtruevikesfan
05-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Not me... I think he is a smug little prick... I won't him no where near our team!

amavikesfan
05-30-2004, 01:49 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I guess we'll see!! I think it will be a good game, but we need to hit our shots and really contain shaq and kobe again!! It's going to be tough, but if we lose that's ok, we had a great year and we have something to build on!! I think Kobe should come and play with KG next year!! That would be awesome!!

vkg, i hope you are right about kobe coming to the wolves. my favorite player on my favorite team!
as for containing shaq and kobe, they contain themselves. the wolves won because the lakers let them win. the lakers didn't try in either of those games. look at the games again and tell me i'm wrong. the wolves took advantage of that, and dap to them for that. but i seriously doubt that we are gonna win this game. :cry:

billvike
05-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Ya we did have a great season but we gotta remember we worked our asses off getting that #1 seed and losing to a #2 even if it is the lakers i dont see how its that great of a season. We just need to hit shots, and hopefully get cassell back to play i can see us pulling off the upset winning 4-3 if we win tommorrow!

I also do agree i think Koby is a little punk and i wish and pray he gets convicted and serves jail time but prolly wont

Go T-Wolves :cheers:

sdvikefan
05-30-2004, 02:32 PM
It all depends on KG...his motivation level is what has made the difference in this series. He barely rested in Game 5...he played his heart
out. That and the Hack-a-Shaq defense that Minnesota has stuck to especially when playing in LA. I'm not a Wolves fan but I hate the Lakers like everybody else. It's slim odds but if Minnesota wins this series it will be one of the most awesome upsets in NBA history.

purplehorn
05-31-2004, 11:17 AM
"amavikesfan" wrote:

. the lakers didn't try in either of those games. look at the games again and tell me i'm wrong. :cry:

I looked and your WRONG the fakers tried and LOST and will tonight as well
as game seven. THANK YOU--

triedandtruevikesfan
05-31-2004, 11:26 AM
I was just reading quotes from them on espn.com... god they are sooooooooo flippin cocky it makes me angry! I would love to go in there and give them the whoopin they deserve.. unfortunately I just don't think it will happen!

owensforpres
05-31-2004, 11:56 AM
the wolves had a great season, if it ends tonite i won't be mad. see how can ya be mad when we got this far against a team that buys their championships?

VKG4LFE
05-31-2004, 01:25 PM
Excellent point owensforpres!! I totally agree. We had a great season this year even if we do lose, we got to game 6 of the western conference finals!! I'll take that. You need to build up to a championship and this is one heck of a stepping stone!!

dart18
05-31-2004, 04:14 PM
how can i be mad?? It is simple i would be mad because i have tickets to game seven if needed so i want it to happen. But yes a great year and i am a firm beleiver that you have to lose a big one before you can win the big one in the NBA.

VKG4LFE
05-31-2004, 04:21 PM
Good point dart!! That would be awesome to be able to go to a game 7 at home against the Minneapolis, I mean LA lakers!!! GO WOLVES!!

hawaiianvike21
05-31-2004, 04:31 PM
First off kobe aint go nowhere this offseason, closest hell move is prolly to the clippers which aint happening. I guarantee you he wont be a t-wolve next year, thats for sure. He says he wants to remain on the west coast.

Secondly we dont buy are championchips, malone and payton came here after taking huge pay cuts. If you consider that stilll buying a championchip then i guess everyone is buying there championchip too then right????

THird, lakers love to play to the level of competition. Thats why they lost games 2 and 5. Just look at the last part of game 5, they were scoring like crazy after trailing huge. They flip the switch whenever they want to, especially when they are at home.

TOnight i dont see how theyll lose being they are at home and dont let down the homecrowd. I expect our record at home to be a sweet 9-0 by the end of the night.

VKG4LFE
05-31-2004, 04:34 PM
I think they just got worked in games 2 and 5, and we got worked games 1,3,and 4. I don't know of this magical switch that everybody talks about with the lakers!! Where is it? I'm really confused by all that talk, you either shoot and make or shoot and miss or you turn the ball over or you don't. It's a pretty simple game filled with really tall athletic people!!

P.S. If anyone finds that switch, could you show me where it is, or somehow point it out exactly where it is on the TV, I would really appreciate it!

triedandtruevikesfan
05-31-2004, 04:39 PM
is it possible to break the damn switch?? I would like to see them permanently switched off!

triedandtruevikesfan
05-31-2004, 04:45 PM
this is the best news I've heard all day
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/7377995

fakers may be without Fisher tonight!

RandyMoss8404
05-31-2004, 05:50 PM
Fisher almost singlehandedly brought the Lakers back in the last 2 minutes.

dart18
05-31-2004, 06:04 PM
the only thing that made me mad was when the Lakers wore the throwback minneapolis laker jereseys, they have no right to that or the name whatsoever, they dont have any Lakes there. And the Lakers have bought their championships and most of their fans are fake but not all of them. They are whats wrong with the NBA, if they played with the intensity they should they would have had an amazing year and been "that team" this team will go down as a bunch of unemotional, play when we need to only, team that will be forgotten soon no matter the outcome. And im sorry but SHAQ IS NOT TALENTED!!!! Period

amavikesfan
05-31-2004, 07:21 PM
P.S. If anyone finds that switch, could you show me where it is, or somehow point it out exactly where it is on the TV, I would really appreciate it![/quote]

the switch is in the head referee's pocket. if he's a laker fan he switches it to on.

ndakvikefan
05-31-2004, 10:34 PM
First of all I hate the Lakers and Phil Jackson. I also hope Kobe stays in LA. He is a poison, think about it how many times have you seen Kobe with 25 points 8 rebounds and 5 assists and at the same time Shaq have 28points 15 rebounds and 5 assists. Not very often, either Kobe shoots 28 times shoots 14 free throws and scores 25-30 or Shaq dominates. Kobe's ego is so big he has to have his ass chewed before he passes the ball. Alot of players in the NBA could score 24 points a night when they shoot 28 times. Read the article in ESPN the magazine about Kobe and you will see the true side of him. He would throw high school games intil the 4th quarter so he could be the hero, there is alot more to him than is really known. As for Phillip, he has all those rings, and what I don't understand is how he did it with Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Scottie Pippen Horace Grant, and oh ya that Jordon guy. Jackson is just another arrogant asshole. I bet not many people know he is from Williston N.D. The hometown people were so proud to have a NBA champion from thier town of 7,000 that they named the new high school gym after him and invited him to the opening of it. He must of been reading a book or something at the time and could not find time to attend because he declined.
My last vent is about ESPN and thier amazment of how Kobe can go to Colarodo and then fly home for the game and score 35 points. Lets see ESPN you are playing a basketball GAME granted it is the NBA playoffs but it is a game if they lose he goes home and waits until next year. On the other hand he is fighting for his life in court for RAPE, lose that game and he goes to jail and hopes Bubba and Jerome don't have thier way with him. I think the court he left in Colarodo is a little more pressure than a basketball game, so get out of him ass there can't be much room left in there anyway with Jack Nickolson, and the rest of the Hollywood celebs in there.

amavikesfan
05-31-2004, 10:52 PM
nd, it may be true that several others in the nba can score as much as kobe, but there are not many who can do it with that kind of style.
you may or may not be right about his arogance. i don't care while i am watching. i'm watching a game to be entertained, and kobe does that better than anyone in the nba. i like k.g. and spree and cassell and many others in the nba. but kobe is the most entertaining, hands down

triedandtruevikesfan
05-31-2004, 11:06 PM
yeah his court room antics are gonna entertain me for the rest of the summer!! You'd think that the pressure of the court of LAW would be more pressure, but as we all know... its not because he KNOWS that whether he is guilty or not... he will get a not guilty verdict... so whats the point of worrying? Flying in a jet a arriving to court in a limo is a real hardship. He has no class! You want class.. look at KG. Kobe knows that he will never be half the player as KG... thats why he needs to hog the ball and be the star of the team!

RandyMoss8404
05-31-2004, 11:08 PM
You're very correct TNT, Kobe will never be half the player of KG, because he's already better. Kobe is more dominant, and is a creator on a team full of superstars. He hits insane shots (see the season closer vs. Portland,) and he makes shots that KG won't even blink at. Don't get me wrong, KG WAS the MVP, but to say he's out of Kobe's league is just insane.

triedandtruevikesfan
05-31-2004, 11:12 PM
Well obviously fans of the guy are going to defend him... I think the guy is just slime and maybe that blurs my opinion of him. I would take KG on my team over him any day of the flippin week though. I don't have respect for any of the players on that team... at least not the big players. They are all self righteous cocky players! Class and talent over whining and tons of shooting any day of the week!!

VKG4LFE
05-31-2004, 11:21 PM
Damn! That was a tough one to take!! Good points nd!

muchluv4smoot
05-31-2004, 11:45 PM
"ndakvikefan" wrote:

First of all I hate the Lakers and Phil Jackson. I also hope Kobe stays in LA. He is a poison, think about it how many times have you seen Kobe with 25 points 8 rebounds and 5 assists and at the same time Shaq have 28points 15 rebounds and 5 assists. Not very often, either Kobe shoots 28 times shoots 14 free throws and scores 25-30 or Shaq dominates. Kobe's ego is so big he has to have his ass chewed before he passes the ball. Alot of players in the NBA could score 24 points a night when they shoot 28 times. Read the article in ESPN the magazine about Kobe and you will see the true side of him. He would throw high school games intil the 4th quarter so he could be the hero, there is alot more to him than is really known. As for Phillip, he has all those rings, and what I don't understand is how he did it with Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Scottie Pippen Horace Grant, and oh ya that Jordon guy. Jackson is just another arrogant asshole. I bet not many people know he is from Williston N.D. The hometown people were so proud to have a NBA champion from thier town of 7,000 that they named the new high school gym after him and invited him to the opening of it. He must of been reading a book or something at the time and could not find time to attend because he declined.
My last vent is about ESPN and thier amazment of how Kobe can go to Colarodo and then fly home for the game and score 35 points. Lets see ESPN you are playing a basketball GAME granted it is the NBA playoffs but it is a game if they lose he goes home and waits until next year. On the other hand he is fighting for his life in court for RAPE, lose that game and he goes to jail and hopes Bubba and Jerome don't have thier way with him. I think the court he left in Colarodo is a little more pressure than a basketball game, so get out of him ass there can't be much room left in there anyway with Jack Nickolson, and the rest of the Hollywood celebs in there.

When I read your first sentence, I knew what was gonna come next from you. You hate them, so you try and say they aren't good. The same thing happens around here, with brett favre. So many people try and say he sucks too, because they don't like him, but we all know favre doesn't suck, and kobe and phil are great at what they do too.

Kobe: Not sure how he can be poison, when they are constantly winning with him. Lots of times, he wins games for them, by shooting a bunch of shots. This is in no way different than what jordan did. If the team needed him, he would shoot a lot and win games for them. Look at game 3, Kobe shot twice in the first half and didn't score. The 2nd half, he felt the team needed him, and he lead his team to victory, by scoring 22 in the half. He did the same thin in game 4. Again this is no different than what jordan did. Sometimes, jordan looked to get his teammates involved early, like Kobe did in game 3 and 4. I don't think there is any poison on a team that has won 3 of the last 4 NBA titles and soon to be 4 of 5.

Phil Jackson: I got just a couple questions on him for you. How many titles did the bulls(meaning jordan and pippen's bulls team) win before he started coaching them?? They had jordan and pippen and all the same guys, yet didn't win until jackson got there. How many championships did the lakers(meaning kobe and shaq's laker teams) win before phil?? They again had the same talent of players before phil, and would always win a ton of games in the regualr season, then loose in the playoffs. Once phil got there, they started to win championships, just like chicago. So yes, he has coached some good players, but those same good players failed to win before he started coaching them, which makes me and a hell of a lot of other people believe that he is a damn good coach.

And as for the whole kobe in court and then playing a game the same night, not sure how anyone can think that is no big deal. Do you realize how stressed out he must be in court? He is facing some serious charges(false ones), and to go out and play the games he has in the playoffs, after a long day in court, is just plain amazing. No it isn't physically draining to be in court all day long, but it is mentally draining. To say that what he has done, is no big deal, is pretty crazy.

muchluv4smoot
05-31-2004, 11:50 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

Well obviously fans of the guy are going to defend him... I think the guy is just slime and maybe that blurs my opinion of him. I would take KG on my team over him any day of the flippin week though. I don't have respect for any of the players on that team... at least not the big players. They are all self righteous cocky players! Class and talent over whining and tons of shooting any day of the week!!

Do you think he is slime because you think he is guilty? Just a question, not trying to be an ass. Also did you think Jordan was an arrogant punk? How in the world can you not have any respect for shaq? He isn't arrogant. All the players in the league love the guy. He is a gentle giant, who is funny as hell. I just don't understand how people can not like the guy. Maybe you guys just don't like him because he is good? I am the same way with the DAMN NY yankees.

muchluv4smoot
05-31-2004, 11:58 PM
Boy, game six sure was an ugly one. Wish the refs would have let them play the game. So hard for either team to get a flow, when there are so many fowls.

I really feel bad for KG. I hate to see such a class act guy like him loose. He deserves to win a championship. There aren't many players in this league anymore, that give the effort that he does, every game. With the league the way it is now, with guys like malone and payton getting their ring off the backs of shaq and kobe, I hope KG wins a ring soon with the wolves. He stayed there, to bring a championship to the city, and it looks like he is on his way to doing it. He definately showed, in these playoffs, that he is the MVP. This was a great season for the wolves, even if they came close to the championship, only to loose. Before this year, they couldn't get out of the first round. Garnett seemed to step up more this year, in the playoffs as well. The t-pups will be back here next year, and maybe they can get over their next hump. I just have to say, that there is no one in this league, that I respect more, than KG.

triedandtruevikesfan
06-01-2004, 12:01 AM
whether he is guilty or not doesn't really matter. He cheated on his wife, so he is slime. Just like any other guy that does it (or woman for that matter) to err is human, but thats a pretty damn big err. I'm torn on if I think he did or not, in some ways I think he did, in some i think he didn't... either way he will be found innocent which irks me too because we may never learn the truth. Anyways... thats besides the point in this thread. You say you don't like the Yankees... probably like most people because they buy their wins... well thats the exact same way that I feel about the Lakers. If I'm wrong... oh well... thats my opinion. I don't think he is a gentle giant... and think he is very pompous and goes out there knowing exactly what he's doing. Knowing he won't get the calls he should get (tonight was a fair game call making wise though) So thats the end of that. I'll leave this for others to fight out. For me the basketball season is over so now I'll wait (impatiently) for my Vikes.

hawaiianvike21
06-01-2004, 12:11 AM
Nice season t-wolves, im pretty sure youll be in the finals next year barring no major offseason losses and getting some additons ala bobby jackson, since he is a minny native.

This series was hard fought and had me cussing every minute throughout the second quarter. Another F***ed up game, officiating wise.

NOw to take on the pacers/pistons. :cheers:

Lakers-2004 champions

muchluv4smoot
06-01-2004, 12:26 AM

whether he is guilty or not doesn't really matter. He cheated on his wife, so he is slime. Just like any other guy that does it (or woman for that matter) to err is human, but thats a pretty damn big err. I'm torn on if I think he did or not, in some ways I think he did, in some i think he didn't... either way he will be found innocent which irks me too because we may never learn the truth. Anyways... thats besides the point in this thread. You say you don't like the Yankees... probably like most people because they buy their wins... well thats the exact same way that I feel about the Lakers. If I'm wrong... oh well... thats my opinion. I don't think he is a gentle giant... and think he is very pompous and goes out there knowing exactly what he's doing. Knowing he won't get the calls he should get (tonight was a fair game call making wise though) So thats the end of that. I'll leave this for others to fight out. For me the basketball season is over so now I'll wait (impatiently) for my Vikes.

I don't see the whole idea, that the lakers buy there championships. To compare the lakers to the yankees, is crazy. The lakers have restrictions, like every other team in the NBA, which doesn't allow them to buy there championships. The major leagues, has no salary cap, which allows the yankees to spend as much money as they want, thus buying a championship. Karl Malone and gary payton took huge paycuts, to try and get a championship with the lakers. While i agree with a lot of you guys, that that is crappy and wrong, it is nowhere near the same as buying a championship. I know there would be happy t-wolves fans, if malone and payton went to minnesota and helped them win a champship. It wasn't up to the lakers, if malone and payton would play for them with huge paycuts, it was up to malone and payton. They could have went anywhere and played for the same amount of money, to win a championship. Also, the 3 championships the lakers have won, they haven't brought in any big name FA's either. I am sorry, but i don't see them buying championships with there money, especially when every team has the same amount to spend on players.

hawaiianvike21
06-01-2004, 02:34 AM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

I don't see the whole idea, that the lakers buy there championships. To compare the lakers to the yankees, is crazy. The lakers have restrictions, like every other team in the NBA, which doesn't allow them to buy there championships. The major leagues, has no salary cap, which allows the yankees to spend as much money as they want, thus buying a championship. Karl Malone and gary payton took huge paycuts, to try and get a championship with the lakers. While i agree with a lot of you guys, that that is crappy and wrong, it is nowhere near the same as buying a championship. I know there would be happy t-wolves fans, if malone and payton went to minnesota and helped them win a champship. It wasn't up to the lakers, if malone and payton would play for them with huge paycuts, it was up to malone and payton. They could have went anywhere and played for the same amount of money, to win a championship. Also, the 3 championships the lakers have won, they haven't brought in any big name FA's either. I am sorry, but i don't see them buying championships with there money, especially when every team has the same amount to spend on players.

quote-champchip. :lol: :drunken:

Mossville
06-01-2004, 05:31 AM
"muchluv4moss" wrote:

Phil Jackson: I got just a couple questions on him for you. How many titles did the bulls(meaning jordan and pippen's bulls team) win before he started coaching them?? They had jordan and pippen and all the same guys, yet didn't win until jackson got there. How many championships did the lakers(meaning kobe and shaq's laker teams) win before phil?? They again had the same talent of players before phil, and would always win a ton of games in the regualr season, then loose in the playoffs. Once phil got there, they started to win championships, just like chicago. So yes, he has coached some good players, but those same good players failed to win before he started coaching them, which makes me and a hell of a lot of other people believe that he is a damn good coach.

And as for the whole kobe in court and then playing a game the same night, not sure how anyone can think that is no big deal. Do you realize how stressed out he must be in court? He is facing some serious charges(false ones), and to go out and play the games he has in the playoffs, after a long day in court, is just plain amazing. No it isn't physically draining to be in court all day long, but it is mentally draining. To say that what he has done, is no big deal, is pretty crazy.

Phil Jackson is a good coach, not a great coach. You make it sound like Phil comes and the team turns to be an awesome team. One thing that you didnt mention is that when he came to the Bulls, Pippen and Jordan were coming into their prime of their careers. Same can be said of when he took over the Lakers, Kobe was coming into his own. THe main evidence of why this guy is not as great as what he is givin credit for can be seen in the years that Jordan retired. NO JORDAN = NO TITTLE. Seriously, the NBA is not like the NFL were the coach actually matters. He had such a rough time coaching Jordan/Pippen in their prime and must be just as hard to have Shaq/Kobe in their prime.

So if Kobe is not guilty, then why the hell should he be so stressed out? It must be so stressfull flying in a luxurious jet, getting pampered on the way home after sitting in a court room all day. Basketball is basketball and if you have ever played you would realize that if you love the game, its a way of relaxing. You check everything in at the door and you just play ball.

ndakvikefan
06-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Muchlove, I never said they were not good. I said Kobe is a poison and he is. When the Lakers struggle what is the cause? KOBE, whether it was shooting all the time, which pissed off Shaq and caused bickering. So then to prove a point Kobe shoots only a few times in the game which piossed of Jackson. His arrogant attitude is bad for a team. Take away Shaq and Malone and leave Kobe to be the man and what do you have? the 20-52 ORLANDO MAGIC. That was my point. In the 2 games the Wolves won against the Lakers who did the Wolves contain? SHAQ DADDY, he is what makes that team go, sure Kobe can carry the team once and awhile but without Shaq Kobe will be doubled constantly and then what? shoot 38 times a game? In the losses in this series Shaq only shot 21 times and made 48% Kobe shot 39 times only making 42%. In the wins it was alot more balanced Kobe was 30 for 73 41% and shaq was 31 of 51 61%. When Kobe will put aside his ego and share with shaq the Lakers are very tough to beat. For his own sake Kobe had better hope Shaq stays around or hope he at least has another star around him or he will be another great scorer that cannot make players around him better.
That is what seperates the great ones from the most talented ones (like Kobe is) Garnett until this year never had a supporting cast like this yet he has been a MVP candidate for the last 3 years, Jordan made Pippen what he was, look at what he did when Jordan retired not much. Kobe is a great talent and a great shooter, but he is also a selfish, arrogant, cheating husband and possibly a rapist. You don't see how he is a poison, how do you think his teamates feel when he misses practice to go to court or is late for games because of court, or when Phil Jackson gives him instructions in the huddle and he tells the coach fuck you ( that was in the ESPN story) that seems like poison to me. He and Shaq don't like each other, he hates Phil Jackson, seems like poison to me. Yes they are winning and that covers up alot of the problems but the winning is because of shaq's presence not Kobe's shotting 25-30 times a game.

RandyMoss8404
06-01-2004, 07:42 PM
"Mossville" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

Phil Jackson is a good coach, not a great coach.

Not that my opinion matters to you, but you just lost any credibility you had on this forum.

Mossville
06-01-2004, 08:03 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"Mossville" wrote:

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

Phil Jackson is a good coach, not a great coach.

Not that my opinion matters to you, but you just lost any credibility you had on this forum.

why? because in my opinion there is a debate of how good Phil is? There will always be a debate because he has only coached the GREATEST PLAYER ever in Jordan, and when Jordan left the Bulls went to shit!! or because he has won titles with the most dominate player to play in Shaq? How good a coach be to coach the frickin Lakers? Come on now, they have 4 hall of famers (3 which are in the top 50 players ever hands down). Deal with it, the Jordan example proves that Phil is not even as good of a coach as Hubie Brown or Jerry Sloan. My guess is your some moron that doesnt know a damn thing about basketball and your arguing the wrong sport with the wront person. I know my basketball and you dont know shit.

triedandtruevikesfan
06-01-2004, 08:11 PM
alright guys heres what I'm going to suggest. This has been one of the most heated debates that we've had for a while. I'm going to suggest that if you want to continue this that you take it to PM's. I know I got a little too heated myself so there is not just 1 person to blame... right now I just think that this is getting a little too personal and would be best left alone at this point.