PDA

View Full Version : Vikings 2006 opponents

singersp
01-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Don't know if this has been posted, but this is a list of the teams we will face this year;

Home:

Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams
Carolina Panthers
New England Patriots
New York Jets

Away:

Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
Washington Redskins
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins

COJOMAY
01-15-2006, 08:17 PM
I see us going 9-7 next year -- maybe even 10-6

vikingTurf
01-15-2006, 09:04 PM
So just coz we beat giants this season, we are not playing them anymore.

NordicNed
01-15-2006, 09:06 PM
I'de love to come back to MN to see the GB game...

Not many games close to me next year, looks like I'll have to go to DC or maybe a trip to Miami would be nice..

Honey, want to take the son to Disney Land?....OH what a coincedence, the Vikings are playing in Miami that weekend also...LMAO

ChezPizmo
01-15-2006, 09:34 PM
"vikingTurf" wrote:

Ha, seriously.
The Giants are one of our other most hated rivals.

duffVIkEs
01-15-2006, 09:37 PM
"vikingTurf" wrote:

No the season is a predetermined system. You play one full division in one conference. Than one full division in the other conference. Than you play the other two teams of your same conference that placed the same in their divisions as you. Than you play your divisional opponents twice.

So this year we played the NFC South, AFC North, St. Louis(2nd place in nfc west), and giants(2nd place in nfc east), and then gb, det, and chi 2 times each.

So this year we play AFC east, NFC west, carolina, washington, and gb/det/chi.

duffVIkEs
01-15-2006, 09:41 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Not many games close to me next year, looks like I'll have to go to DC or maybe a trip to Miami would be nice..

Honey, want to take the son to Disney Land?....OH what a coincedence, the Vikings are playing in Miami that weekend also...LMAO

From disneyworld to miami is about a 230 mile detour.

dfwvike
01-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Cool, we drew the weaked divisions in each conference with the Redskins and Carolina mixed in. We have to get at least 10 wins.

ultravikingfan
01-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Been posted.

WTF Sing...double post whore!

:lol:

sdvikefan
01-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Good, I'm glad the AFC East has come up in our schedule again. We played pathetically against this division the last time around (except our comeback game against Miami at home). I hope we beat the crap out of these bastards, especially the Patriots. I don't hate the Pats, it's just that our last game against them, they got up like 21-0 and you could tell they just gave up and didn't think much of us in the second half. This time I want to cream them.

GreenBaySlackers
01-15-2006, 10:36 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Been posted.

:grin:

http://sk1pper.com/this_post_again.bmp

:razz:

DaunteHOF
01-15-2006, 10:40 PM
10-6 just from looking at their last year but you never know with the parity of the NFL.

Lotza
01-15-2006, 11:30 PM
goin to the buffalo game...

FedjeViking
01-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Well I am going to the Washington game, no question about that, maybe the Buffalo game also, depends on the weather! I froze at the Baltimore game, these old bones can't stand it!

gregair13
01-15-2006, 11:52 PM
looks kind of tough right now, but alot can change in the offseason. seattle wont be as good same with the pats. but the bills and miami will be better than they were this year.

collegeguyjeff
01-16-2006, 12:50 AM
we could easily get 10 wins even with a brand new coaching staff.

FedjeViking
01-16-2006, 01:18 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

Better hope that new coaching staff makes them play better as a team than they did this year. I was starting to get embarrassed until Brad took over.

DCPologirl
01-16-2006, 01:31 AM
"VikingNed" wrote:

hey Ned come to DC and watch the game with us ! Cajun will be there!

2beersTommy
01-16-2006, 01:32 AM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

ya, wouldnt mind seeing that myself

FedjeViking
01-16-2006, 01:46 AM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

DC that makes three of us so far. You, Cajun, and me. Should be fun! We need more!

singersp
01-16-2006, 02:10 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

We could just as easily get 10 losses with a brand new coaching staff.

I'm optimistic that we'll make the playoffs, but I am also realistic.

There will be a lot of changes this year.

singersp
01-16-2006, 02:22 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Been posted.

Was it in it's own thread or just tossed in another one somewhere?

I didn't see it.

FedjeViking
01-16-2006, 03:10 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Been posted.

Was it in it's own thread or just tossed in another one somewhere?

I didn't see it.

In another one, I forget which one. It's better this way, at least you can find it!

lilvikes33
01-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Well I am going to the Washington game, no question about that, maybe the Buffalo game also, depends on the weather! I froze at the Baltimore game, these old bones can't stand it!

ye..ima goto da washington game too...i was at the baltimore xmas game too...it was pretty cold

MnFan_in_Canada
01-16-2006, 09:40 PM
"2beersTommy" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

I am going to try to get to the buffalo game as well. We should see how many of us are going and get a block of seats together.

SharperVikings
01-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah i can see us going 11-5 or 10-6 next year...

But who knows....!

FedjeViking
01-16-2006, 10:05 PM
"MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:

"2beersTommy" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

I am going to try to get to the buffalo game as well. We should see how many of us are going and get a block of seats together.

After christmas I would feel safer that way.

NYVikingFan
01-16-2006, 10:25 PM
"MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:

"2beersTommy" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

I will be going to the Buffalo game as well...

collegeguyjeff
01-16-2006, 11:49 PM
i hope our season atleast starts out easy so we can get the ball rolling and some confindence with all new guys. i bet childress gets more wins next year than tice got in any year.

Webby
01-17-2006, 12:01 AM
"FedjeViking" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

"VikingNed" wrote:

DC that makes three of us so far. You, Cajun, and me. Should be fun! We need more!

We are going to go to the Miami game I think...I like to go down and stay in South Beach....

I travel to DC for business here and there...maybe I should make one an extended Fri and Mon meetings so I have to be there over the weekend. Hmmmm.

In any event, we are going to get a company to plan the away game extravanganza and pre-gamenight party for next year...its too time consuming for us to plan. We should choose a game as a larger group maybe?

briboy75
01-17-2006, 12:08 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

true, but we could easily get 4 wins with a brand new coaching staff.

we don't know what free agents we are going to sign, who we are going to cut, who we will draft, any trades?, we don't know what are opponents are going to do, we don't even know who is going to play the most important position on the offense (QB), and defense (MLB), we don't know much about any of our coaches, we don't know how players are going to adapt to new schemes.

There are far more questions this year then any year i can remember.

FedjeViking
01-17-2006, 01:04 AM
A Party?? Sounds like fun!