PDA

View Full Version : Another Pep Update..

V4L
01-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Vikings | Culpepper slimming down; recovering well
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:10:44 -0800

The Star Tribune reports Minnesota Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) weighed 266 pounds when he suffered his season-ending knee injury last season. Thursday, Jan. 12, , Culpepper was at Winter Park and he weighed 252, an indication that he is going to play next year at least 20 pounds lighter. Dr. Dave Fischer and head trainer Chuck Barta checked out Culpepper's knee and the conclusion of the two was that Culpepper is right on schedule rehabilitating the knee and there is a good chance he will be ready to do some things, not everything, at training camp, and maybe be ready for the regular season opener.

Alot of people already knew about him slimming down.. In case you didn't there it is again..

And it says he may be ready for the season opener while most people think it would be half way through the season.. He should be ready for training camp to do some stuff so that's a plus! :cool:

COJOMAY
01-13-2006, 05:52 PM
That sounds like good news but I'll believe it when I see him on the field.

Prophet
01-13-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm guessing he will be in by week 6, depending on when the bye week is.

PurplePackerEater
01-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Was he really that overweight or is he losing muscle mass from sitting around?

I guess I don't really understand the upside.

COJOMAY
01-13-2006, 05:57 PM
I think the less weight he carries on his knees (to a point) will help him.

DEVIKINGFAN!
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
nananananan... "Daunte Culpepper, Quarterback - A man barely alive . . . Gentlemen, we can rebuild him . . . we have the technology. We have the capability to make him the Super Bowl MVP. Daunte Culpepper will be that man. Better than he was before, Stronger, Faster . . ."

whackthepack
01-13-2006, 06:16 PM
In today's paper it also said that Daunte has not yet met with Childress, that Childress said he knew that Daunte was in town but that he had not yet seen him.

I do not know if they mean that Daunte was avoiding winter park and that Childress was waiting for him to show up there, or if Childress has not contacted him about a specific time to meet. Hope that they can come to terms with Daunte and get everybody on the same page.]

As far as Daunte's weight he had gotten heavier over the last few years and probably should drop a few pounds.

mnjamie
01-13-2006, 06:26 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

In today's paper it also said that Daunte has not yet met with Childress, that Childress said he knew that Daunte was in town but that he had not yet seen him.

I do not know if they mean that Daunte was avoiding winter park and that Childress was waiting for him to show up there, or if Childress has not contacted him about a specific time to meet. Hope that they can come to terms with Daunte and get everybody on the same page.]

As far as Daunte's weight he had gotten heavier over the last few years and probably should drop a few pounds.

They are meeting on Wednesday and have already arranged it.

V4L
01-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Im predicting he will be back by week 3.. Maybe even before.. He's a fast healer and a tough guy.. he will play through it

snowinapril
01-13-2006, 06:33 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Alot of people already knew about him slimming down.. In case you didn't there it is again..

And it says he may be ready for the season opener while most people think it would be half way through the season.. He should be ready for training camp to do some stuff so that's a plus! :cool:

Thanks for the update Vikez4Lyfe!

He doesn't need the extra weight.

No fear...... DC is almost here.

The worst thing he could do is try to hard and set himself back. He needs to follow the trainers instructions to a T and he will be back.

DCPologirl
01-13-2006, 06:35 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Thanks for the update Vikez4Lyfe!

He doesn't need the extra weight.

No fear...... DC is almost here.

The worst thing he could do is try to hard and set himself back. He needs to follow the trainers instructions to a T and he will be back.

:hello1:

Prophet
01-13-2006, 06:36 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

I was wondering why that news story fell by the wayside. The meeting between Culpepper and Childress will be an important one.

Mr. Purple
01-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Week 3 at the latest IMO. The type of guy Daunte is...I know hes rehabing like crazy.

V4L
01-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Fo sho Franchise.. He will be back

Wiggles67
01-13-2006, 06:40 PM
I just really really hope they dont rush him back...I would HATE to have a re-injury or any type of set back. Half of overcoming an injury of this magnitude is mentally trusting that your knee can do everything it could before. I would hate to see us rush him back and have him doubting the strength of the knee or even worse another injury.

Ltrey33
01-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Man oh man, I hope he continues to heal quickly. Dropping that weight will help a bit, it won't be quite as hard on that knee. Like Wiggles said, I hope he doesn't suffer any setbacks. It would be nice to see him out there next season!

DaunteHOF
01-13-2006, 07:09 PM
We're sticking by you Daunte!!

mr.woo
01-13-2006, 07:10 PM
who cares we dont need him

maybe i would feel better about him if he stuck around miinesota after the curgery instead of laying around in flordia

DaunteHOF
01-13-2006, 07:12 PM
^ban!

PurplePeopleEaters
01-13-2006, 07:13 PM
"mr.woo" wrote:

who cares we dont need him

maybe i would feel better about him if he stuck around miinesota after the curgery instead of laying around in flordia

Why would you hang around in Minnesota in the dead of winter when you could be rehabbing in Florida where your home and family are. He would be in FLA at this time of the year anyways because thats where he goes in the offseason.

Don't make stupid comments without thinking. :roll:

DemonicViking
01-13-2006, 07:18 PM
What's curgery?

thepacksux
01-13-2006, 07:45 PM
"DemonicViking" wrote:

What's curgery?

maybe thats where they send people they dont need anymore...

Mr. Purple
01-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Stay in Minnesota where its cold and icey, which are not good for his leg. Or go to FLorida, where he grew up, in his home. And rehab safley.????

ancoin
01-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Nice news i really hopes he will return in the start of next season like 3 week or so

Ltrey33
01-13-2006, 08:10 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

Stay in Minnesota where its cold and icey, which are not good for his leg. Or go to FLorida, where he grew up, in his home. And rehab safley.????

Pep actually said that himself. He said one slip on the ice and he's back to square one.

Mikecarter81
01-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Daunte is coming back and he will lead us to glory. He will rehab fine and until he is ready we are in the hands of consistent Brad Johnson

Mike

NordicNed
01-13-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm just wishing for a healthy and determined PEP when he does get to start again..

I'm going to say Week 3.....if week 3 is an away game, I'll say the first home game closest to week 3 then...

Mr. Purple
01-13-2006, 09:31 PM
good call Ned, same with me.

ultravikingfan
01-13-2006, 09:34 PM
"DaunteHOF" wrote:

^ban!

Cannot ban for somebody's opinion.

Its obvious that woo does not care for Pep as do others.

Tanner_QBRB8
01-13-2006, 09:41 PM
i stand by Pep 110% and if we got rid of him that would be devestating

collegeguyjeff
01-13-2006, 10:10 PM
good to hear, i just think he should take his time and let his knee heal and not risk his career. i don't want him to pull a scott erickson from the twins who kept pitching in 91 cause he wanted the cy young so bad then he wrecked his arm and never was the same again.

FedjeViking
01-14-2006, 12:33 AM
The extra weight he lost will be better on the knee. He was in great shape otherwise, so I say he'll be back within a few games of the start of the season. By game 5 at the latest.

grpape
01-14-2006, 02:28 AM
Remember guys. Pep came into the leauge at about that weight, with 7% body fat. That is crazy! The guy must be one big muscle. Think about it. Sly is at about 4-5% body fat in ItalianStalian's avatar.

SWAYZE74
01-14-2006, 03:03 AM
i hope we dont rush him back too soon...and i hope he doesnt seem to play as hesitant as Kleiny did when he came back...ewww...other then that...sounds cool...

peace...

FedjeViking
01-14-2006, 04:28 PM
While we are talking about Culpepper - it appears to me Culpepper wants out of Minnesota. His odd behavior since the boat incident looks like to me that he no longer wants to be on this team.

Instead of meeting with Childress - he phones in. What is that about? He had time to meet with Wilf during training camp to demand a pay increase but now can't spend an hour with his new coach in person. Childress had to go to him.

Not to mention his "major" run in with Matt Birk. His endorsement deals being pulled from TV (FedEx). And a QB controversy with a back-up QB who clearly out played him this year.

I doesn't look like he wants back, and I think after the Superbowl the wheels will be put in motion to get himself to Arizona. I also wouldn't be surprised if two birdies by the names of Denny Green and Mike Kruczek have been adding fuel to the fire.

If all above is true, and I really hope it isn't, then it is time to seriously look at getting Matt Schraub - a perfect fit for the West Coast Offense.

If the above isn't true, we still need Matt Schraub to replace Shaun Hill.