PDA

View Full Version : Rumors and whispers



Muggsy
01-08-2006, 10:40 AM
I told Benny 'the Rat' to keep his ears open on anyting dats goin' on, an' dis is what he hoid:
==================================================
• At this point, don't expect the Vikings to build bridges to re-sign free-agent DBs Corey Chavous and Brian Williams. Team sources anticipate Williams banking on a fine season elsewhere. Chavous isn't a true strong safety. Although the converted cornerback boosted the pass coverage, he also hurt the run defense when it needed an in-the-box enforcer. Willie Offord, a special-teams stud and sure tackler, could be auditioned for the SS job in 2006.

• With three first-round picks and NT Pat Williams on the defensive line, the Vikings' current front office considers a three-down linebacker a major need to solidify the front seven. DE Erasmus James came on strong at the end of the season, and if he gets stronger and improves his hand use, team observers believe Minnesota could have four Pro Bowl candidates up front.

• Could the Cardinals really be interested in a deal for Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper? Our sources in the Valley of the Sun believe it's possible, but only if the Vikings come to the team with a sweet deal. As the Cardinals proved in their trade talks before the season regarding RB Travis Henry, they aren't about to overpay for anybody.
===============================================
I'll keep youse mugs informed.

singersp
01-08-2006, 02:27 PM
From what I've read Childress will make damn sure we have a solid O-Line & D-Line.

I believe it was from his PC.

SamDawg84
01-08-2006, 04:26 PM
yar! we might resign chavs. i dc about brian willaims though. and we gotta keep daunte. unless the cardnals give us all their picks and anquan boldin. hehe

michaelmazid
01-08-2006, 09:29 PM
who in the hell is gonna be our QB if Daunte gets traded? Brad? Dude is 100 years old. :mad:

ChezPizmo
01-08-2006, 09:37 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

who in the hell is gonna be our QB if Daunte gets traded? Brad? Dude is 100 years old. :mad:

Seriously. We can't be taking QB gambles at this point in time. Though Brad did very well this season, he doesn't have very many more years in him, and we will need a good back-up behind him to fall back on.

By the way, this Childress means bidness, don't he? :shock:

I like it! :wav: :cheers:

Muggsy
01-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Y'know, I wuz just tinkin'. If Brian Williams sees what da Vikes are doin' as far as gettin' a new and highly thought of HC, an' da same for da DC, mebbe he'll tink', "Hey, mebbe I should stick aroun', y'know?" Yeah, he could get more money wit' anudda team, but, hey, I would be interested in playin' onna team dat was goin' places, y'know?

Especially with us gettin' dis Tomlin guy, a defensive backs coach. I would be droolin', myself. Course, I do a lot of dat anyways....

Mr. Purple
01-08-2006, 09:45 PM
We could Draft Vince Young and develope him under Brad for about a year. Thats IF we did trade C-Pepp, which I hope and dont think we will.

ItalianStallion
01-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Culpepper will stay. The only way I seem him gone is if we get a top 3 pick and more, which is unliekly to happen.

magicci
01-08-2006, 11:32 PM
"OldManVike" wrote:

I told Benny 'the Rat' to keep his ears open on anyting dats goin' on, an' dis is what he hoid:
==================================================
• At this point, don't expect the Vikings to build bridges to re-sign free-agent DBs Corey Chavous and Brian Williams. Team sources anticipate Williams banking on a fine season elsewhere. Chavous isn't a true strong safety. Although the converted cornerback boosted the pass coverage, he also hurt the run defense when it needed an in-the-box enforcer. Willie Offord, a special-teams stud and sure tackler, could be auditioned for the SS job in 2006.

• With three first-round picks and NT Pat Williams on the defensive line, the Vikings' current front office considers a three-down linebacker a major need to solidify the front seven. DE Erasmus James came on strong at the end of the season, and if he gets stronger and improves his hand use, team observers believe Minnesota could have four Pro Bowl candidates up front.

• Could the Cardinals really be interested in a deal for Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper? Our sources in the Valley of the Sun believe it's possible, but only if the Vikings come to the team with a sweet deal. As the Cardinals proved in their trade talks before the season regarding RB Travis Henry, they aren't about to overpay for anybody.===============================================
I'll keep youse mugs informed.

three first round picks + fitzgerald and/or boldin and its a deal.

hovan
01-09-2006, 04:58 AM
three first round picks + fitzgerald and/or boldin and its a deal.[/quote]


HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Ltrey33
01-09-2006, 05:25 AM
Oh...nevermind.

MrGopher16
01-09-2006, 05:35 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

We could Draft Vince Young and develope him under Brad for about a year. Thats IF we did trade C-Pepp, which I hope and dont think we will.

You better hope we get a top 4 pick if you want vince young because if the saints don't pick him the jets probably will.

However i don't agree with waiting for a QB to hopefully develop into a franchise QB. We aren't in rebuild mode we are in make a couple changes and be a serious playoff threat mode.

Mikecarter81
01-09-2006, 05:35 AM
Good god, this is silly I mean who in the world thinks we are going to trade Daunte after what Coach Childress this past week. Daunte is going nowhere.

Mike

V4L
01-09-2006, 05:44 AM
"Mikecarter81" wrote:

Good god, this is silly I mean who in the world thinks we are going to trade Daunte after what Coach Childress this past week. Daunte is going nowhere.

Mike


Tru dat!

Potus2028
01-09-2006, 05:47 AM
good point mikecarter81

its like saying childress' job is at risk next month... lol

SharperVikings
01-09-2006, 05:50 AM
yep i agree...hes going nowhere

LJOHNSON26
01-09-2006, 06:10 AM
We have one of the best QB situations in the league..with both Culpepper and Johnson. Keep them both.

I think Culpepper's problems this year were an abberation (I hope so anyway), and during that period of time our defense hadn't come together yet so we imploded.

I think with the defense we ended the year with, or hopefully even better, and with a Culpepper that's God willing back to normal, we have a killer QB combination between the two.

I'd put all my emphasis on O-line and continued defensive upgrades. This is the first time in close to 20 years it feels like we actually have a defense that shows promise and can be built upon. I hope they do. It would be awesome to get in the top 10-15 for defensive rankings for a change.

Mr. Purple
01-09-2006, 06:14 AM
Ya very true LJ. For once we dont have 9 holes to fill on defense. Its come down to us tweakin in a couple players to fill up minor week spots. LB and SS is really the only to ones we need to stress improvement on. Our offense is almost there, lacking O-Line and a ture RB. This offseason is going to probably set up the "New" vikings that lead us for years to come.

mnjamie
01-09-2006, 06:29 AM
"LJOHNSON26" wrote:

We have one of the best QB situations in the league..with both Culpepper and Johnson. Keep them both.

I think Culpepper's problems this year were an abberation (I hope so anyway), and during that period of time our defense hadn't come together yet so we imploded.

I think with the defense we ended the year with, or hopefully even better, and with a Culpepper that's God willing back to normal, we have a killer QB combination between the two.

I'd put all my emphasis on O-line and continued defensive upgrades. This is the first time in close to 20 years it feels like we actually have a defense that shows promise and can be built upon. I hope they do. It would be awesome to get in the top 10-15 for defensive rankings for a change.







We have one of the best QB situations in the league..with both Culpepper and Johnson. Keep them both.


That would be great ... but BJ stated wants a guaranteed starting job for the entire year, if not, be traded to a team where he can compete and poss. start for good .... even if CPep is healthy, ready to go, and the coaches want to put him in .... there in lies the problem here.

cajunvike
01-09-2006, 06:32 AM
"LJOHNSON26" wrote:

We have one of the best QB situations in the league..with both Culpepper and Johnson. Keep them both.

I think Culpepper's problems this year were an abberation (I hope so anyway), and during that period of time our defense hadn't come together yet so we imploded.

I think with the defense we ended the year with, or hopefully even better, and with a Culpepper that's God willing back to normal, we have a killer QB combination between the two.

I'd put all my emphasis on O-line and continued defensive upgrades. This is the first time in close to 20 years it feels like we actually have a defense that shows promise and can be built upon. I hope they do. It would be awesome to get in the top 10-15 for defensive rankings for a change.

Childress will MAKE SURE that Pep's problems are a thing of the past...or Pep will be a thing of the past. But based on what he said about Pep's workout in Philly just before they drafted McNabb, it sounds like he thinks that Pep will be just fine!