PDA

View Full Version : Childress & Caldwell interview

Prophet
01-04-2006, 11:06 PM
KFFL
Vikings | Childress has good visit
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:11:30 -0800

Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress has emerged as a top candidate for the Minnesota Vikings' vacant head coaching position. Childress had meetings with Vikings owner Zygi Wilf and team president Mark Wilf. "We had a good visit, and we had some good talks," Childress said Tuesday, Jan. 3. "My impression is that they are quality people, and I'll leave it that."

KFFL
Vikings | Caldwell to interview for head coaching position
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 12:08:10 -0800

Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Indianapolis Colts assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell is expected to interview as soon as Thursday, Jan. 5, for the Minnesota Vikings' vacant head coaching position.

DogPound
01-04-2006, 11:09 PM
I Like Childress alot....My only concern is that I was hoping we would hire a coach that is more of a defensive minded coach....But I do like Childress and think he would be good for Cpepp!

MrGopher16
01-04-2006, 11:11 PM
I would love a defensive coach as well, but i also wouldn't mind childress or i do think it'd be cool to see mooch get an interview here.

ultravikingfan
01-04-2006, 11:14 PM
I echo the thoughts on a defensive minded coach. But these 2 candidates look pretty good. Should be interesting.

cajunvike
01-05-2006, 04:01 AM
Childress might not be too bad...he probably learned something from Jim Johnson while he was coaching in Philly, so maybe he will balance the offense and defense. But I still want a defensive-minded coach for our team!

DaunteHOF
01-05-2006, 05:06 AM
I would love Childress, I want an offensive coach IMO would bring life back to this offense, our defense held up. I want a new DC though, TC needs to go.

Calmwind
01-05-2006, 05:09 AM
Yea I am upset that Teddy hasn't been kicked to the curb yet. He is a big reason why we choke in my own opinion.

mnjamie
01-05-2006, 05:11 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Childress might not be too bad...he probably learned something from Jim Johnson while he was coaching in Philly, so maybe he will balance the offense and defense. But I still want a defensive-minded coach for our team!

U really need to get over Fisher ... he's not going anywhere. :lol:

I would love to have Childress, IMHO he's the best available out there right now.

cajunvike
01-05-2006, 05:13 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

U really need to get over Fisher ... he's not going anywhere. :lol:

I would love to have Childress, IMHO he's the best available out there right now.

I KNOW...but until Wilf starts signing coaches, I can still dream! :lol:

PurplePeopleEaters
01-05-2006, 05:13 AM
I think if we hire Childress then Zygi is going to have to go out and hire a good defensive coach while paying a lot in the process.... I really have no problem with that. I would rather have the bears D coordinator but Childress is second on my list.

RK.
01-05-2006, 07:07 AM
I don't think that Wilf will hire the DC and OC. I think he will leave that up to Childress or whom ever and the new GM.

erickazue
01-05-2006, 09:30 AM
I have a pretty good feel for Brad Childress. I think he would fit in quite well. IMO...I really do not see us getting lucky enough to obtain Rivera from Chicago. Seems as though he is going to wait to see how the playoffs go before he makes a decision. I honestly do not think Z. Wilf is going to wait that long.

digital420
01-05-2006, 11:22 AM
It would be a good grab.

Childress as HC

Rivera would be a GREAT steal for DC.. but who would u want as OC?

DiGiTaL

KWilliamsAWinfield
01-05-2006, 11:56 AM
"digital420" wrote:

It would be a good grab.

Childress as HC

Rivera would be a GREAT steal for DC.. but who would u want as OC?

DiGiTaL
Tom Moore or Michael Martz (Even I hate Michael but he is a good offensive coordinator)

bobbyuk
01-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Apparently, according to http://www.jsonline.com/packers/news, Childress was UNABLE to attend his interview in Green Bay because the Vikings brass was making a big push to sign him.

singersp
01-05-2006, 02:55 PM
January 5, 2006

Vikings interview Caldwell

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060105/SPORTS03/601050467/1100

edlantis
01-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Call me ignorant, but why is Childress so great??? I'm not saying that he is or his isn't, I am just trying to learn about what this guy can bring to the table. Childress is under the direct control of Reid and doesn't even call plays. He has been given credit for helping McNabb along, but is that really an accomplishment? McNabb came in with a little talent. Help me out here...

mnjamie
01-05-2006, 08:00 PM
"edlantis" wrote:

Call me ignorant, but why is Childress so great??? I'm not saying that he is or his isn't, I am just trying to learn about what this guy can bring to the table. Childress is under the direct control of Reid and doesn't even call plays. He has been given credit for helping McNabb along, but is that really an accomplishment? McNabb came in with a little talent. Help me out here...

It's all about who you studied under and the years of experience you have pretty much in what roles as an assistant. Childress coming from the Andy Reid branch who in turn came from the Walsh branch in San Fran .... It's all about philosophy also and coming from a well run organization, which is thought that individual will bring the same environment to the team looking for a head coach. Also, the interview process where you lay out to the owner, etc. how you will run things and go about bringing a championship to that particular team.

Prophet
01-05-2006, 08:02 PM
KFFL
Packers | Childress misses interview
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:57:42 -0800

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress missed his interview for the Green Bay Packers' vacant head coaching position. Childress, who was to meet with the Packers Wednesday, Jan. 4, was still interviewing for the Minnesota Vikings' head coaching position.

=============================================

They must be in some serious discussions.

DCPologirl
01-05-2006, 08:10 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

KFFL
Packers | Childress misses interview
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:57:42 -0800

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress missed his interview for the Green Bay Packers' vacant head coaching position. Childress, who was to meet with the Packers Wednesday, Jan. 4, was still interviewing for the Minnesota Vikings' head coaching position.

=============================================

They must be in some serious discussions.

Wow that's crazy!

edlantis
01-05-2006, 08:13 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"edlantis" wrote:

It's all about who you studied under and the years of experience you have pretty much in what roles as an assistant. Childress coming from the Andy Reid branch who in turn came from the Walsh branch in San Fran .... It's all about philosophy also and coming from a well run organization, which is thought that individual will bring the same environment to the team looking for a head coach. Also, the interview process where you lay out to the owner, etc. how you will run things and go about bringing a championship to that particular team.

Thanks for the follow-up...so all of you out there saying you would like to have Childress as the head coach, my question is why? Why do you like this guy so much?

I personally like defensive-minded HC's. Childress is an OC guy, which have been known to flop (ex. Norv Turner). Not who is out there and whether Wilf may hire Cottrell as an intern till he gets someone he really wants.

Prophet
01-05-2006, 08:17 PM
"edlantis" wrote:

...I personally like defensive-minded HC's. Childress is an OC guy, which have been known to flop (ex. Norv Turner). Not who is out there and whether Wilf may hire Cottrell as an intern till he gets someone he really wants.

I would also like a defensive minded HC. I like the idea of hiring Cottrell as an interim if none of the blue-chippers pan out. As long as he is interim in the true sense of word.

Mr. Purple
01-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Hell ya, I bet MNJamie is pumped cuz he wants childress alot! I do as well.

Mr. Purple
01-05-2006, 10:00 PM
I would like a Defensive minded coach, but the thing is our defense was good the second half the year. Our offense was like a Roller coster, good one week, bad another. We need alot more help on offense.

cajunvike
01-05-2006, 10:09 PM
"edlantis" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

"edlantis" wrote:

Thanks for the follow-up...so all of you out there saying you would like to have Childress as the head coach, my question is why? Why do you like this guy so much?

I personally like defensive-minded HC's. Childress is an OC guy, which have been known to flop (ex. Norv Turner). Not who is out there and whether Wilf may hire Cottrell as an intern till he gets someone he really wants.

Using the same logic...Dave Wannstedt (former Cowboys DC) flopped in BOTH Chicago AND Miami...and he was in the same situation as Norv was (under Jimmy Johnson).

I want a defensive-minded coach as well, but you gotta come up with better ammunition than that to defend your position.

edlantis
01-05-2006, 10:17 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"edlantis" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

"edlantis" wrote:

Using the same logic...Dave Wannstedt (former Cowboys DC) flopped in BOTH Chicago AND Miami...and he was in the same situation as Norv was (under Jimmy Johnson).

I want a defensive-minded coach as well, but you gotta come up with better ammunition than that to defend your position.

I wasn't necessarily building a case, I was just speaking out loud about my preference for a DC vs. OC to coach. I am sure there have been some excellent OC's promoted, but recently it seems they have not transitioned as well. But I may be wrong if you have any examples, please let me know.

cajunvike
01-05-2006, 10:21 PM
"edlantis" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"edlantis" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

"edlantis" wrote:

I wasn't necessarily building a case, I was just speaking out loud about my preference for a DC vs. OC to coach. I am sure there have been some excellent OC's promoted, but recently it seems they have not transitioned as well. But I may be wrong if you have any examples, please let me know.

Bill Walsh was an offensive genius...and that translated to HOW MANY titles? Do you need more?

I DO agree with your preference (read my second paragraph)...just showing that your logic is flawed.

6-KINGS
01-05-2006, 10:38 PM
I want Dungy back!

I just think the world of that man

COJOMAY
01-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Man 6 Kings, I couldn't agree more. Dungy is the class of all the coaches. Isn't there a church in the Twin Ciies where he could be a part time preacher and a full time coach?