PDA

View Full Version : Brian Williams Unlikely to Return

PurpleAndy
01-04-2006, 05:36 PM
From this morning's fanball.com Fantasy Football Newsbreakers:

Vikings: Williams unlikely to return
The News
Vikings cornerback Brian Williams indicated Monday that he has played his final game with the team. "That's what it looks like," Williams told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "I haven't really talked to my agent, but I'm sure (the free agent market is) pretty good." Williams also indicated that the Vikings made him a "low" contract offer last year.
Our View
The Vikings are well under the salary cap and could afford to re-sign Williams, but they already have a lot of money committed to cornerbacks Antoine Winfield and Fred Smoot. For that matter, Williams has indicated that he is not interested in playing a backup role.

This would suck. A lot. Maybe we should look at trading Smoot, because at this point I'd take B. Will over Smoot any day of the week.

stjmnsota
01-04-2006, 05:45 PM
B Will came around nicely this year. Smoot disappointed me. Typical Vikings. Develop a defensive back and let him go.

Make smoot a safety to take Chavous' spot and let b Will play corner. OR vice a versa.

NordicNed
01-04-2006, 06:18 PM
This is going to be sad for sure, I was really impressed with B.W's play this year..

I'de have to agree with the statement above, let Smooth go and keep BW....

Hopefully the new Office and Coaches will see it the same as I...

happy camper
01-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Smoot should be better next year. My guess is this year was a wake-up call to Smoot.

Also, Brian Williams is a really streaky player. This was a contract year, so he probably put more time into preperation than usual.

But hopefully Brian goes somewhere and has a nice career.

snowinapril
01-04-2006, 06:24 PM
It is too bad, we got jumpy last year and had to go sign "shut down" corners.

A lot of us fell for the hype, a few here didn't.

But, if he is gone and we can't sign him back, I feel he deserves to start somewhere.

Good Luck b-will.

V4L
01-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Imma miss B-will!! Hope we can work a deal for him

ItalianStallion
01-04-2006, 06:33 PM
B-Will was a solid corner, but this move has been coming for over a year. Make no mistake, Smoot is a better corner coming off an injury plagued year. At this point it would make absolutely no sense to trade him. Brian had a poor year last year, and this year he was above average, so he is anything but a consistent player. Brian had his shot to prove that he was starter material for 1.5 years, and yet the team still felt the need to sign Smoot, a move that most of us applauded at the time.

I guess all you have to do is get a few picks and everyone feels you're a much better corner. Hey what happened to Brian Russell?

Mr. Purple
01-04-2006, 06:45 PM
This sucks. You can never have enough good CB's. But the guys we have left are good... A-win, Smoot, Davonte and Brown. I think Davonte will be a big time CB for us next year.

Muggsy
01-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Hey! It ain't ovah till it's ovah, y'know? Mebbe Brian's just tryin' ta gedda raise, y'know?

Anyways, I would dump Smoot for Williams. Smoot could talk da talk, but he couldn't walk da walk, y'know?

napo58
01-04-2006, 07:35 PM
smoot is alot better than brian williams, nuff said. Brian is a good corner, but when smoot is at his best, brian is nowhere near as good as him. One bad year doesnt mean anything when he has already established himself as the 15 best corners in football.

Vikesfan4evr
01-04-2006, 07:36 PM
They need to keep B-Will and dump smoot. Smoot is so overrated, he tackles like Deon sanders,which means he doesn't. B-Will has a much brighter future in my opinion.

V4L
01-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Smoot isn't better then B-will.. B-will gets more turnovers for us and he can lay a hit.. Smoot still needs to prove himself to me

napo58
01-04-2006, 07:44 PM
smoot had 1 bad year in his nfl career. other than the steve smith game, I didnt see one game that he got his but whooped. He did pretty good against Torry Holt, Mushin Muhammad, Roddy White, Joe Horn/Donte Stallworth, The Bucs.

Smoot can cover better than anyone on our team.

Jviking
01-04-2006, 07:47 PM
this is too bad, i would like to see us keep both of them...

cddjackass
01-04-2006, 08:14 PM
how many times you see BWill not even in the frame when he was suppose to be covering a guy he got lucky everyone once in a while, vs. Brett Farve.He is a aweful CB just had a decent year.

chuck44
01-04-2006, 08:18 PM
GOOD! I am tried of watching him chasing wide receivers always two steps behind the play. So long BW- I for one will not miss ya

Del Rio
01-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Brian Williams has been extreemly consistent. He has produced through different cordinators and different schemes. His numbers are solid every year. He's been very consistent.

Last year he sucked? Yeah ok.

The only reason anyone can possibly say he is streaky, he is inconsistent is to justify us losing a very good corner. It's on the team. I saw it coming a mile away. If I was him I would leave too. Get treated like shit by the team a bunch of fairweather fans that hop on any fad or hype. All for a guy who statistically is no better, and who came in here and played like shit even when he was healthy?

Getting burned by #2 recievers when he is supposed to be #1? I would be pissed too.

What an excellent way for Brian Williams to say **** you Minnesota. Kudos to him. He's going to be getting paid what he deserves.

As for Smoot....hell with it. He lets his game do the talking and he aint sayin much.

PurplePeopleEaters
01-04-2006, 09:45 PM
"chuck44" wrote:

GOOD! I am tried of watching him chasing wide receivers always two steps behind the play. So long BW- I for one will not miss ya

Are you watching the same guy as the rest of us?

Del Rio
01-04-2006, 09:49 PM
"napo58" wrote:

smoot had 1 bad year in his nfl career. other than the steve smith game, I didnt see one game that he got his but whooped. He did pretty good against Torry Holt, Mushin Muhammad, Roddy White, Joe Horn/Donte Stallworth, The Bucs.

Actually Napo, Ever since Smoot didn't have Champ Bailey covering his ass he hasn't done much of anything and that includes last year.

thepacksux
01-04-2006, 09:55 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"napo58" wrote:

Actually Napo, Ever since Smoot didn't have Champ Bailey covering his jiggly butt he hasn't done much of anything and that includes last year.

is that why he was an alternate to the pro bowl last year???

Del Rio
01-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Sure if

3ints and 59 tackles ALMOST gets you into the pro-bowl I guess you are free from the luxury of a PRO-BOWL saftey covering your ass. If the drop in production from the years he was there to the two years you played without almost gets you a pro-bowl spot then yeah I guess he did hurdle that tiny little obstacle.

I can justify his drop off in production after Bailey left as well as

justify laying a corner with the same abilities on my team out to dry as well as

over paying for a guy when there were plenty out there that would have played for less that are just as good, as well as

put up with non-stop Smoot humping by over excited fans last offseason,

as well as listen to the excuses roll in for his poor play this year,

as well as the slander against a good player to try in some obscure way to justify picking up a guy who brings no game and scandal to my favorite team for a guy who was named an alternate in a pro-bowl.

thepacksux
01-04-2006, 10:06 PM
its more than b-will has accomplished, it sounds like you have a man-love for williams. i agree with you, its too bad he probably wont be a viking next year as i like him too, but i think its too soon to say smoot is/was a bad pickup

vegasvike
01-04-2006, 10:06 PM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

This sucks. You can never have enough good CB's. But the guys we have left are good... A-win, Smoot, Davonte and Brown. I think Davonte will be a big time CB for us next year.

Hey man sorry to chime in on your opinion with mine but I thinkof all of our CBs Brown had to be the WORST of them! As soon as he came in the game opposing teams knew where to strike

Gift
01-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Bwill > Smoot

Bwill leaving make me sad inside

midgensa
01-04-2006, 10:10 PM
I personally like Smoot better than B-Will, but B-Will does provide the blitz option that Smooty does not ... that said ... B-Will is gone, we cannot give him big bucks to be our third corner when we have a solid one developing in Davonte ... we cannot just "drop" Smoot either as it would be a massive cap hit to do that or to trade him ... so Smoot and Toine will be the CBs for the next couple of years at least more than likely ... and they will do the job just fine.

thepacksux
01-04-2006, 10:13 PM
i dont think its fair to compare bwill and smoot. bwill never was put on an island 1 on 1 with no safety help like smoot was. winfield even said after the carolina game that he was pissed that cottrell had no safety help over the top of smith on some/alot of plays. there isn't a corner in the league that could have shut him down on that day.

Lotza
01-04-2006, 10:15 PM
i think this is good for smoot!

he will now know that the job is HIS and that he can be the all star corner that he IS!

Smoot and Winfield are gonna be the best cb tandem in the league

cajunvike
01-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Wasn't Devonte the one who got burned in the Ravens game???

I agree somewhat with Del that BWill will be sorely missed...but that is par for the course when it comes to the Vikings history with defensive backs...they always let several good ones go rather than pay them...Hitchcock, Washington, Griffith...the list goes on.

Good luck, BWill...we will miss you!

I do depart with Del on Smoot though...I think that he is a talented CB...I have watched him play in Washington before he went to the Vikings and I think that he will bounce back.

Remember, Del was the one that was dissing PWill at the beginning of the season...he could be wrong about Smoot as well! :lol:

napo58
01-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Brian Williams is not AWFUL, he is a pretty good cb, just not the fastest. How is he bad?? He is a playmaker. He is like Nathan Vasher, just bigger and more physical. Brian Williams is basically a safety playing corner. Williams is a ballhawk in every sense of the word.

napo58
01-04-2006, 10:28 PM
It doesnt matter how good ur stats are. In most cases, it matters about pass breakups. You can be a great corner and only have 1 or 2 ints because qb's pick on the guy on the other side of the field. Nate Clements for example.

And Smoot has been great with Shawn Springs/Darrell Green and Deion Sanders. How can you say Smoot isn't good?? Joe Horn said Smoot and Antoine are the top cb tandem in the nfl.

napo58
01-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Ralph Brown isnt that bad either. He is a good dime back. Makes bad plays but makes good ones too. Still better than Denard Walker.

MrGopher16
01-04-2006, 10:40 PM
I am happy with the improvement Brown has had over last year, i was definitely not a fan of him then, but he still has a lot of work to do.

I think both B will and smoot are excellent CB's and i would be sad to see either of them go.

VikingsTw
01-04-2006, 10:41 PM
I think smoot's a solid CB, i think we'll have him next year and if he stays healthy he'll be a factor.

This is the list of things Brian Williams does better than smoot

1) Causes turnovers
2) Hits like a mack truck
3) Wrap up tackler
4) Covers those big physical WR's or TE's (much stronger and more physical)
5) Doesn't run his mouth
6) Stays healthy

I will miss B Will, and i agree with everything Del Rio said about him.

ultravikingfan
01-04-2006, 10:45 PM
"napo58" wrote:

smoot is alot better than brian williams, nuff said. Brian is a good corner, but when smoot is at his best, brian is nowhere near as good as him. One bad year doesnt mean anything when he has already established himself as the 15 best corners in football.

Wouldn't be able to say that this year, would you?

napo58
01-04-2006, 10:49 PM
yeah, smoot is still a great corner this year.

ultravikingfan
01-04-2006, 10:51 PM
"napo58" wrote:

yeah, smoot is still a great corner this year.

He was average. For all the money and mouth he sure did not live up to the hype.

IbleedPURPLEandGOLD
01-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Smoot hired a personal trainer type guy already. He's awake and healthy now.

ultravikingfan
01-05-2006, 01:02 AM
"IbleedPURPLEandGOLD" wrote:

Smoot hired a personal trainer type guy already. He's awake and healthy now.

Already? That was fast.

I hope he learns to let his playing do the talking and not him.

Tanner_QBRB8
01-05-2006, 01:31 AM
smoot and winfield will play great together next year but i will surley miss Brian Williams

mogwai
01-05-2006, 01:41 AM
maybe zigi will want to rid himself of the cruise director and sign b-will long term.please zigi do it...

meecorp
01-05-2006, 01:49 AM
If you can't keep the same key players together for a minimum of three years, your not going to see a stable team

I say keep the players that did well, regardless of the teams record

The longer they play together, the better they respond in tough situations

They must keep B Will

ItalianStallion
01-05-2006, 02:09 AM
B-Will is a decent corner, but he is not better than Smoot. I would like to see Brian stick around as a nickle corner, but he isn't interested in doing that. Brian Williams is not as fluid in coverage, not as good at covering quicker receivers. Brian Williams often seemed to play for the hit rather than play for the ball as well

I contest the point that people see to think he is a good wrap up tackler, I've seen him throw more shoulder tackles than anyone in our secondary. He is a pretty good tackler though, but Smoot isn't as bad as people seem to think.

Believe it or not Del, Brian did have a poor season last year, getting constantly burned. Quite simply, I am feeling a lot better going into next season with Smoot and Winfield than B-Will and Winfield.

VikingsTw
01-05-2006, 02:32 AM
Do you recall our pass rush last year? No wonder he got burned along with the rest of the secondary.

ItalianStallion
01-05-2006, 02:36 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Do you recall our pass rush last year? No wonder he got burned along with the rest of the secondary.

We had about as good a pass rush last year as we did this year, in fact Kevin Williams and Lance Johnstone both played better last year. I don't really see that as a major issue with his coverage. Any CB should be able to at least stay with a receiver on a depp throw, he was often 2 or three strides behind.

SharperVikings
01-05-2006, 06:25 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

It is too bad, we got jumpy last year and had to go sign "shut down" corners.

A lot of us fell for the hype, a few here didn't.

But, if he is gone and we can't sign him back, I feel he deserves to start somewhere.

Good Luck b-will.

Yeah your right, it sucks that smoot sucks soo bad this year and bwill is the better one and is as good as gone...

Del Rio
01-05-2006, 06:49 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

Believe it or not Del, Brian did have a poor season last year, getting constantly burned. Quite simply, I am feeling a lot better going into next season with Smoot and Winfield than B-Will and Winfield.

I forgot this thread even exsisted.

I knew Brian Williams was leaving and I agree with him he should go.

I didn't really dis' Pat Williams. It's funny how if you don't hop on the trendy wagon your a hater. I just wasn't sure about the guy. My questions on him were more directed at his stamina and durability then anything else. He played one hell of a season and I'm glad he is here. For the record I "hated" on sharper too because he has been nagged with injuries and I wasn't sure He would do well under Ted.

Fred Smoot on the other hand is a different story. We paid him more cash then he was worth, and we set a guy that has similar skills out to dry. That is my problem with Smoot. I have said 500,000 times that I think Smoot=BWill. My sympathy to B-will is derived from the fact that he has been treated like shit in place of a guy who is NO BETTER then he is.

Fred Smoot has just as much talent as Brian Williams. At the time we signed him everyone was on his knob about how great he was, how he was the answer. Oh he is shutdown, we can have him man up on #1 and be free.......he is awesome.

Bullshit, called it then calling it now.

He's wearing a vikings jersey so I'm rooting for the guy. I hope he goes to the pro-bowl, I hope he tears it up, I hope he breaks vikings records.

I just can't stand this uneducated bullshit that gets spewed on here about who can do what before they can do it. And the what happens? They don't do it and instead of saying yeah I'm a dumbass, people say well he REALLY is GREAT but he got hurt or but he was new, he was this, he was that............no he just really isn't that great.

I don't have a man crush on the guy. Bwill is good. IMO just as good as Smoot. Nothing more nothing less. The whole deal is bullshit. Nothing against Smoot it just wasn't a good move for the organization.

Now Italian I don't really need to believe it or not if he played good last year and certainly not after your lack of anything to substantiate it. I will say I watched and own every game of 2004 and I thought he played pretty damn good. I will also say that according to the official team guide he did pretty damn good too:

Finished 6th on the team with a CAREER high 92 tackles.
LEAD the team with 16 PASSES DEFENDED
Tied at #1 with Viking DB's for tackles for a loss, with 4
Was 2nd on the team in INTS
Recorded 8 tackles against the pack in the playoffs and one big INT.
Forced a fumble in the Jaguars game that essentially secured our victory.
Suffered a knee injury in training camp and played the season hurt because we had no option when Ken Irvin went down.

Not to mention the guy has a share of the single game INT record for the Vikes

Not to mention the guy Set the record for sacks by a db for the Vikings.

I mean statistically you guys dont have shit. Seriously. All you are trying to argue is opinion. It becomes increasingly clear that the memory is short around here. What have you done for me lately.

The only reason this ever comes up is because some numbnut undoubtably attempts to talk shit on Brian Williams game. Now when the facts hit you in the mouth why does, oh well you can't judge on stats ALWAYS come out.......WTF!!?? Then stop badmouthing his game, Jesus. You want to downplay his game to promote your love fest for a guy who was the BIGGEST dissapointment of the people we picked up? Yet you don't want to talk stats?

You want me to buy that theory because you say so and you saw Smoot play good under one of the leagues best D cords with the best defensive surrounding cast, when his stats are no better then our own blood? Yeah not going to happen.

V4L
01-05-2006, 07:03 PM
I didn't see B-will get burned at all.. he had a great year.. Smoot on the other hand was hurt and didn't do shit

Del Rio
01-05-2006, 07:10 PM
That last post was way longer then I intended.

I have no problem with Fred Smoot. I just personally don't think he is any better then Brian Williams. Since I believe that we should have spent half the money and picked up a Dyson or another mid range DB and kept Williams since he knew the system.

Instead of blowing our wad on Smoot who's hype is bigger then his game IMO.

He is still a good CB and I will still be rooting him on. It's just a shame the Vikings handled the situation they did. I think the ONLY reason they did pay that much was because they were scared of depth at the position. Ironic thing is Smoot hardly played and when he did you wish he hadn't.

They could have spent less on similar quality guys without stabbing their own in the back and secured depth and talent.

grpape
01-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Smoot can not play safety period. He doesn't like to hit!

Del Rio
01-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Who suggested he play saftey?

grpape
01-05-2006, 07:27 PM
It was in the second post. It was stated that we should keep Bwill at corner and put Smoot at safety.

Del Rio
01-05-2006, 07:34 PM
"grpape" wrote:

It was in the second post. It was stated that we should keep Bwill at corner and put Smoot at safety.

I totally missed it. I read that as make Brian Williams a saftey and keep Smoot at corner.

From watching both players on tape I would say putting either of them at saftey would be a mistake especially Smoot they don't tackle very well.

Sadly if you wanted to move a guy to saftey Winfield would probably be best suited, but that would be too big of a sacrafice IMO.

grpape
01-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey maybe half of the reason to sign Smoot was a marketing thing. Bring in a new name, stir up the pot, and make more $$$. Sorry Bwill, but you name doesn't bring in as much moolah as Smoots (sad but maybe true).

Del Rio
01-05-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm sure it had something to do with it.

He was one of the biggest names out there. Just by signing him the Vikes may have been trying to make a statement.

ultravikingfan
01-05-2006, 09:12 PM
BW was solid; not craptacular.

Smoot, he needs to live up to all the hype and talk as far as I am concerned. This was supposed to be our "huge" aquisition. I do not thin kwe got our moneys worth...yet.

cajunvike
01-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Since Chavous will most likely be gone due to unhappiness with his contract, we need to keep BWill and start him at safety...for all those who doubt that he would do well there, just remember the licks that he delivered on Meshawn last season against the Cowboys...BWill would make an awesome safety...better than Chavous IMHO.

KEEP BWILL!!!

V4L
01-05-2006, 09:24 PM
I couldn't agree more Caj.. He is a playmaker.. Imagine Sharper and B-will back there.. I wonder how many picks they would come up with?!

B-will can tackle as good as Chavous I bet.. It would be a good move.. We should also look at getting a safety in the draft early

Del Rio
01-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Chavous is a natural CB and the Vikings tried to turn him into a saftey.

He does explode some serious plays up and I think he has some serious talent. I also think he will probably be playing elsewhere sadly.

We don't have an option to move Brian Williams to saftey because Brian Williams does not play for us. He's an UFA so he will be getting a lot of money to go to a team that needs a CB.

I think to ask a guy to stay with you after we did what we did to him, and switch positions will never happen.

The damage has been done.

I only hope Dustin Fox turns out to be good, and that Willie Offord remains a Viking and recovers completely.

cajunvike
01-06-2006, 01:36 AM
It's still worth a shot...no harm, no foul!

snowinapril
01-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Del, I knew this was going to be an emotional (involved or heated what ever word is appropriate) topic for you. You were sticking up for B-Wil when there weren't many supporters here last year. You probably could have done some I told you so post too about Smoot vs B-Will.

He proved himself worthy of being a starter and has turned many heads his direction that were not there last offseason. New coaches might notice this and with the balancing of Powers that Wilf wants, maybe they can convince him to stay with some kind words and some cash. That is one reason Tice was let go, to give the players a fresh start.

VKG4LFE
01-06-2006, 03:51 AM
I don't want to lose Williams. That would suck!

UndisputedVike
01-06-2006, 04:13 AM
Anyone remember last year? NFC Divisional playoff game? BWill got burned by eagels 3rd string WR, Greg Lewis. For what a 50+ yard play. It happened alot. He's a good all around corner but he's prone to get burned.

Smoot has trouble tackling but his coverage is very good, As someone stated against any top WR with speed it's better to have over the top help by a saftey.

He made a heck of a Nickel and Dime back because he was versatile you could send him on a blitz and he got there more than none. and he matched up well VS a # 3-4 WR.

Him as a #1 corner...I don't think he'll last 2 games. No disrespect to the man. Just my opinion.

PurpleElf
01-06-2006, 06:08 AM
No offense Del, but have the Vikes ever made a move that you liked. All I ever see you post is how bad the FO decisions. Kinda of a Doom and Gloom attitude if ya ask me (which I know noone did). Just curious, not trying to stir the pot here.

Webby
01-06-2006, 06:31 AM
Bwill is spurty.

The new word for someone who has a good game, then gets burned....too streaky.

cajunvike
01-06-2006, 07:57 AM
That is why BWill as a safety to replace Chavous is the obvious solution.

VikingsTw
01-06-2006, 09:44 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

That is why BWill as a safety to replace Chavous is the obvious solution.

Nice Post.

modena11
01-06-2006, 09:59 AM
there have been alot of quality replies and id love to reply to most of them but im way too lazy.

my opinion on the matter is simple. i dont want brian to go. but it's obvious that he doesn't wanna play nickey and all the power to him. for a player of his quality he shouldnt have too.

imo he played terrible the last couple of years in one of the worst secondary's in the league. as a corner in a bad defence, you are set up to fail. so i dont place all the blame on him(except for when he couldnt cover a TE in zone coverage vs the packers last year, i think at lambeau)

just like how i feel bad for smoot. the first 7 games of the year we played like the vikings defence of old. swiss cheese best described our play. as a player in the secondary, you are set up to fail. especially in cottrells system of soft zone.

all of a sudden there was an epiphany in viking country on the defence. they become a cohesive unit that become dominating. enter brian williams due to smoot's injury. no doubt brian is a talented CB and he proved that beautifully in our second half of the year defence. when you play around talent it brings up your level to its full potential. thats why it pains me to see him go now after all the hard work he has put in for the last 3 years.

but we all cant just beat up on smoot and make this a smoot vs williams argument. actually smoot played ok in the first half minus the steve smith catastrophy(really now, i hate when people say that cause NO ONE CAN COVER STEVE SMITH, SOME DOUBLE TEAMS TOO). this year, if we can keep up this stellar defensive play, smoot will become the corner we paid for and more(ex. how he played opposite champ in a good skins D). for all the members who want there moneys worth out of smoot, we still have 6 years left. im actually scared if we lose cottrell we will regress in terms of defensive progress but that's a whole another thread.

this really sucks cause in the NFL, you can never have too many good corners. they really are a dime a dozen.

so i wish brian all the best and hopes he cashes in nicely, he deserves it.

Del Rio
01-06-2006, 02:12 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Del, I knew this was going to be an emotional (involved or heated what ever word is appropriate) topic for you. You were sticking up for B-Wil when there weren't many supporters here last year. You probably could have done some I told you so post too about Smoot vs B-Will.

He proved himself worthy of being a starter and has turned many heads his direction that were not there last offseason. New coaches might notice this and with the balancing of Powers that Wilf wants, maybe they can convince him to stay with some kind words and some cash. That is one reason Tice was let go, to give the players a fresh start.

Snow,

There is no I told you so's with Smoot supporters because his shit doesn't stink and if he does get burned it's the coaches and the other ten guys fault not his.

All in all he has always been a starter. He just earned himself a fat paycheck that the Vikings should have cut him last year only now it will be with another team.