PDA

View Full Version : Vikings players comment on Jamal Lewis to the Vikings

Jordan
12-31-2005, 10:21 PM
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/13479061.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

This article is very old but i just found it i hope it hasn't been posted yet. If it has ultra will tell me.

MrGopher16
12-31-2005, 10:24 PM
I think he could figure into our offense, i personally would rather see a veteran carrying the ball rather than trying to draft a rookie. I still think that if we gave mewelde the kind of carries we gave him last year when he was getting 100+ yards of rushing we would be fine but for some reason tice doesn't like him like he does bennett.

VikingsTw
12-31-2005, 10:30 PM
I believe he's got gas left in the tank for sure but the money payed to him might not be worth it, i dont know what he's asking but if its resonable i say take a shot at him.

I got a big problem with trying to sign edge or alexander cause i know what there going to ask but this off season of his may bring his price down.

All i have to remember to like this guy is the quote once made by Ray Lewis, "He's really the only RB i fear, when i see him lined up on the other side of the line he scares me"

DogPound
12-31-2005, 10:34 PM
I think if we can't draft Lendall White then I would love to see him come here...We need an offensive player who has an attitude and if you have seen Jamaal play you know he runs like he's pist off! I hope we dont spend alot of money on him though...I think we need some of that cash to get some O-line help.

FedjeViking
12-31-2005, 10:36 PM
NO! NOT A RAVEN!! :angryfire:

DemonicViking
12-31-2005, 10:42 PM
If James and Alexander prove to be too expensive, he might be a good option.. I would still be little skeptical about the idea. But if we did sign him then I'd have no choice to hope it works out for the best.

V4L
12-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Bring him in.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY do we get Edge or Shaun.. Don't waste time on it.. Get Jamal or try and make a deal for Ricky

FuadFan
01-01-2006, 02:02 AM
I don't want him if we want a back who can have two good games in a season we already have them on our current roster. I hope we draft DeAngelo Williams or if he declares Lendale White and try to get Steve Hutchinson so we have a great left side of the O-line.

SharperVikings
01-01-2006, 03:48 AM
You know what....He had an amazing season 2 yrs ago, and was out of shape at the start of this season...he doesnt have the greatest line there, nor qb...everyone focuses on him...

If he was here, people would have to focus on both pepper and lewis, and we would once again have a dynamic offense! Alexander and James will cost wayy to much, so I say go after lewis...

Dont forget his season in '03! He's still young! Bring him in!

Tanner_QBRB8
01-01-2006, 04:32 AM
i say that we draft a good solid o linemen and take Jamal in the offseason

collegeguyjeff
01-01-2006, 12:16 PM
hmm with the years lewis has had and if we could fix our offensive line and sign him that could be quite dangerous for other teams. also he would be a lot cheaper than james or alexander which would keep more money for other things also. he's big he's fast and he's a veteran pretty much that allows us to get rid of moe williams

renovikesfan
01-01-2006, 01:09 PM
"vikefan7549" wrote:

What's wrong with Ravens players? Travis Taylor has done pretty well for us, and he was a Raven.

FedjeViking
01-01-2006, 05:28 PM
"renovikesfan" wrote:

"vikefan7549" wrote:

What's wrong with Ravens players? Travis Taylor has done pretty well for us, and he was a Raven.

Sorry! I have a hangover from getting robbed at the game in Baltimore by a Raven fan. :evil:

Actually I was hoping Lewis would get tired before the end of that game! I kept saying the whole game..."He has to get tired now." :smile: But you know they won't let a good player like that go. I wouldn't!

cajunvike
01-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Let's take a shot at him if we don't get Edge or Shaun...then if we can't get any of those three, we take a shot at Sticky Icky!

DaunteHOF
01-01-2006, 10:59 PM
I like Moore but Lewis as a second option would be nice

Tanner_QBRB8
01-02-2006, 12:15 AM
I agree with DaunteHOF Mewelde is a very good back but i would welcome in Jamal or welcome back Onterio

Redemption
01-02-2006, 01:32 AM
I think our best option is to go for Ricky and then Jamal. I think the Colts might be willing to let go of James since they have a really good offense without him and a good backup RB to take his place. You can't say the same for Seattle so I really don't see Alexander being an option.

Lewis is turning 27 this offseason that means that he's about to reach his prime. Ricky is turning 29 but I think he has lots of yards left in him. He's averaging 4.3 yards/carry while being rusty and on a trash offense.

Anyway, I think getting a good RB (whether in the draft or through FA) should be our primary concern this offseason. Secondary concern would be the o-line. I also think we should trade Burleson (or one of our other WRs except Troy) because we have way too much depth in our WR unit.