PDA

View Full Version : so the NFCN title's fate relies on the Packers.



Lotza
12-20-2005, 01:00 PM
:sad:














little nervous?

whiteboy
12-20-2005, 01:59 PM
after that game last night, i'm thinking that it'll be more likely for us to get a wildcard rather than win the division. we aren't gonna be able to rely on gb to beat chi for us.

C-PepNSalt
12-20-2005, 03:18 PM
So if GB beats Chicago, and we beat the ravens and chicago, we win the division?

michaelmazid
12-20-2005, 03:32 PM
I am very optomistic about the Packers beating Chicago. They just got embaressed and they will be looking to pay someone back.

smootloot
12-20-2005, 03:34 PM
"CulpepernSalt" wrote:

So if GB beats Chicago, and we beat the ravens and chicago, we win the division?

yes. win out by us and lose out by bears gives us the edge because we would have a better divisional record. bears 4-2 and vikings 5-1.

michaelmazid
12-20-2005, 03:39 PM
We win out and we will be in the playoffs one way or another. The Ravens looked scary last night. :???:

smootloot
12-20-2005, 03:59 PM
if the vikings win the division do the bears make the playoffs? they would be 10-6 and other wildcard contenders might be 10-6 as well. who do they have tiebreakers over?

sweetness34
12-20-2005, 04:07 PM
"smootloot" wrote:

if the vikings win the division do the bears make the playoffs? they would be 10-6 and other wildcard contenders might be 10-6 as well. who do they have tiebreakers over?

The bears would have to lose out and the vikings, bucs, and redskins would have to win out for the bears to miss the playoffs.

whiteboy
12-20-2005, 04:29 PM
"CulpepernSalt" wrote:

So if GB beats Chicago, and we beat the ravens and chicago, we win the division?

yup

whiteboy
12-20-2005, 04:31 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

I am very optomistic about the Packers beating Chicago. They just got embaressed and they will be looking to pay someone back.

i wish i could share your optimism, the packers looked like a bag of a$$ last night, the worst they've looked all season. if you make boller look like a dam pro-bowler, something is seriously wrong. i'll be cheering against the bears this saturday though, you can count on that

VKG4LFE
12-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Get r done!

smootloot
12-20-2005, 05:36 PM
go pack go

Caine
12-20-2005, 05:38 PM
"whiteboy" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

I am very optomistic about the Packers beating Chicago. They just got embaressed and they will be looking to pay someone back.

i wish i could share your optimism, the packers looked like a bag of a$$ last night, the worst they've looked all season. if you make boller look like a dam pro-bowler, something is seriously wrong. i'll be cheering against the bears this saturday though, you can count on that

But this is an NFCN game...and records go out the window for these. Green Bay hates the Bears as much as we hate Green Bay. They'd LOVE to play "Spoiler" to the Bears season.

Caine

whiteboy
12-20-2005, 06:00 PM
"Caine" wrote:

"whiteboy" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

I am very optomistic about the Packers beating Chicago. They just got embaressed and they will be looking to pay someone back.

i wish i could share your optimism, the packers looked like a bag of a$$ last night, the worst they've looked all season. if you make boller look like a dam pro-bowler, something is seriously wrong. i'll be cheering against the bears this saturday though, you can count on that

But this is an NFCN game...and records go out the window for these. Green Bay hates the Bears as much as we hate Green Bay. They'd LOVE to play "Spoiler" to the Bears season.

Caine

thats true but gb did not show up at all last night, not even a little bit. they have been sliding down hill all season long and when chi played atl, they looked like they were on top of their game. we'll see though, maybe favre will pull one out of his a$$ and upset the bears.

Mr. Purple
12-20-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm also very optomistic about Green Bay. I'm not gonna jump the gun and say hell ya they'll beat chicago....but Thiers always that chance. After realizing that a chicago loss this weekend and a Viking Win will put us right in the thick of things...I am very excited about this weekend.


Thiers no team more that I hate then the Pack....but all I want for christmas....is a Pack win this weekend!

Del Rio
12-20-2005, 06:23 PM
With Green Bay sucking as badly as they have been this year there is a lack of a very special saying near and dear to me.

Brett Favre can toss my salad.


I feel better now, proceed.

dirtydog_10
12-20-2005, 06:25 PM
The packers cost me $600 because they can't cover a tight end!! I was ahead in a f. f. league and all the other player had was Todd Heap.....he tore them up in the first half, so, common sense would dictate, cover that sombitch!!! But, no, they couldn't do that, so I'm out $600!! I don't see them doing much against the bears, but I hope I'm wrong.

SKOL
12-20-2005, 06:52 PM
I thought I'd never say this, but I'm with everyone here and will be pulling for the Pack. They hate the Bears and will be looking to rebound from a blowout loss.

Vikes
12-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Go Packers......I think Brett has to pull that magical crap.

UndisputedVike
12-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Well you got to think GB put in Aaron Rodgers last night, They may not even start Favre.

But if they do remember, GB is at Home, They haven't lost to the Bears at home in years.

TheKnuck
12-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Ya, that whole aaron rogers thing is scaring me. i'm sure favre will start up in lamboo. but man, i don't think i can watch another game between these turds of teams!!!!

Caine
12-20-2005, 09:00 PM
"whiteboy" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

"whiteboy" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

I am very optomistic about the Packers beating Chicago. They just got embaressed and they will be looking to pay someone back.

i wish i could share your optimism, the packers looked like a bag of a$$ last night, the worst they've looked all season. if you make boller look like a dam pro-bowler, something is seriously wrong. i'll be cheering against the bears this saturday though, you can count on that

But this is an NFCN game...and records go out the window for these. Green Bay hates the Bears as much as we hate Green Bay. They'd LOVE to play "Spoiler" to the Bears season.

Caine

thats true but gb did not show up at all last night, not even a little bit. they have been sliding down hill all season long and when chi played atl, they looked like they were on top of their game. we'll see though, maybe favre will pull one out of his a$$ and upset the bears.

Baltimore isn't in our Division, so the caveat "NFCN games discount records" doesn't apply.

Chicago dominated a struggling Atlanta team...that's been happening to them a lot lately (Atlanta has lost 4 of their last 6...including one to Green Bay).

Believe me, there is no way Green Bay wants to be swept by Chicago...being swept by US was bad enough for them. They'll be playing with fire in their hearts on this one.

Caine

DPep11
12-20-2005, 09:12 PM
"UndisputedVike" wrote:

Well you got to think GB put in Aaron Rodgers last night, They may not even start Favre.

But if they do remember, GB is at Home, They haven't lost to the Bears at home in years.

In years, I believe you meant last year? They lost to the Bears in Lamblow last season.

ultravikingfan
12-20-2005, 09:28 PM
"Caine" wrote:

"whiteboy" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

I am very optomistic about the Packers beating Chicago. They just got embaressed and they will be looking to pay someone back.

i wish i could share your optimism, the packers looked like a bag of a$$ last night, the worst they've looked all season. if you make boller look like a dam pro-bowler, something is seriously wrong. i'll be cheering against the bears this saturday though, you can count on that

But this is an NFCN game...and records go out the window for these. Green Bay hates the Bears as much as we hate Green Bay. They'd LOVE to play "Spoiler" to the Bears season.

Caine

Exactly, I am glad that you pointed this out.

Records mean "dick" in a rival game!

vikinggreg
12-20-2005, 09:33 PM
That might be true but the Packers haven't shown up for much this year

sweetness34
12-21-2005, 02:44 AM
"Vikes" wrote:

Go Packers......I think Brett has to pull that magical crap.

He's been trying all year. Why do you think he has 24 picks?

ultravikingfan
12-21-2005, 03:25 AM
"Del Rio" wrote:

With Green Bay sucking as badly as they have been this year there is a lack of a very special saying near and dear to me.

Brett Favre can toss my salad.

A saying that helps define Del Rio!

FuadFan
12-21-2005, 03:42 AM
With Gado gone now they have no running game so Favre will just go and lose them the game as he has been doing all year.

SamDawg84
12-21-2005, 04:02 AM
man wat a team to help us lol

Gift
12-21-2005, 04:20 AM
gb wont beat chicago, honestly after seeing the steelers game I predict the vikes to lose out. Sad but true

Potus2028
12-21-2005, 04:30 AM
Well, if we lose to the bears can we still get in? even if it is off a wildcard?

zzbudzz
12-21-2005, 05:10 AM
"Gift" wrote:

gb wont beat chicago, honestly after seeing the steelers game I predict the vikes to lose out. Sad but true i kinda feel that way too...

gregair13
12-21-2005, 05:17 AM
i ranted about this before. there is no way the packers are going to beat the bears. our only way in is the wildcard.

cajunvike
12-21-2005, 06:07 AM
"zzbudzz" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

gb wont beat chicago, honestly after seeing the steelers game I predict the vikes to lose out. Sad but true i kinda feel that way too...

Both of you...OFF THE BANDWAGON...NOW!!!

And DON'T come back...EVER!!!

:razz:

-chucker-
12-21-2005, 07:20 AM
Even if we win the Divsion we have a lot of work in front of us to come up with huge wins to get to the big one and i honestly dont see it this year after our start

Caine
12-21-2005, 08:12 AM
"Gift" wrote:

gb wont beat chicago, honestly after seeing the steelers game I predict the vikes to lose out. Sad but true

Wonderful. Another "Doom-n-Gloom" person. Thats the type of attitude we need. I certainly hope the Viking's Locker room feels the same way. After all, why even TRY anymore, right? Might as well throw in the towel now, and start working on their golf game.

C'mon. Is that all it takes to deflate your bubble? One bad game? What happens next year when we start 10-0 and then lose one? Should we just throw in the towel then too?

Tell you what. If you can show me compelling reason why both Baltimore and Chicago will wipe the floor with us, I'll join your doom-n-gloom club. Of course, I'm willing to bet heavily that you can't.

The Steelers game was a glitch, a speed bump, a set back...but it wasn't a catastrophic failure. We were in it all the way until the mid-fourth quarter!!!! Had we been blown out early, then MAYBE I could see your point...but we weren't.

"chucker-" wrote:

Even if we win the Divsion we have a lot of work in front of us to come up with huge wins to get to the big one and i honestly dont see it this year after our start

How about THIS one?!?!? You're basing your assessment of our chances upon our performance in the first 7 weeks? Now there's a new one. So, we simply erase all of the progress we've made, and start crying in our beers already? Got your mock-draft all set up in the basement?

Hell, might as well write of nest season too..after all, we played really lousey in week 6 of 1962, don't see how we'll do any better next season.

Granted, I'm over exaggerating, but the point is that you have to base your analysis of our chances upon current factors, not what was relevant 8 weeks ago.

In all seriousness, and no offense intended to either poster (although that's a set up statement...it means I'm about to offend you), this type of attitude really ticks me off. Quitting on your team prior to being mathematically eliminated is NOT acceptable to me...and it shouldn't be to you. If you had kids, and they were in sports, would you teach THEM to quit before it was over? I certainly hope not.

We have every bit as good of a chance of making the Play-offs as every other 8-6 team out there. In fact, in many ways, we have a BETTER chance.

As long as our guys don't QUIT.

So, in all sincerity, save the gloomy outlook. Granted, if we do lose (God forbid), you can come back and tell me how right you were...but, I can't see a Viking fan taking pleasure in being right about losing. Maybe I'm wrong about that...but that's where I stand on it.

Our job as Fans is to realistically assess our teams strengths and weaknesses...then hope like Hades that the other team's weaknesses kick in big time on game day, while our "A" game is delivered.

Sure, the odds may be against us, but what's new? I'd love nothing more than for our boys to give the sportswriters of America a collective kick in the cajones by making the Play-Offs.

So, until we're completely eliminated, save it. You're harshing my mellow.

Caine

vikedawg11
12-21-2005, 08:29 AM
I can see the Giants, Panthers and Bucs all winning on Saturday. We are not out of this!!!!!!!!! Our boys just better prepare for the Ravens properly. It will piss me off if all three of those teams win on saturday and they didnt prepare like they normally would because they felt like "it was over."

singersp
12-21-2005, 01:38 PM
I recall a 3-5 Vikings team going into a 6-2 Giants stadium on the road, with a dismal road record & walking out with a win when all the nay-sayers were against us.

As Caine mentioned before, records don't mean shit when it comes to divisional games.

It's nothing new in our division or any other division. Do I need to remind you of the Bucs when they were in our division?

Everytime we have a loss, the doom & gloom & throw in the towel "our season is over" & draft posts come out.

It ain't over til it's over. Period!

And even if we are mathematically out this weekend, you will still see my ass sitting in the Metrodome come New Years Day.

I will never quit supporting my team, no matter how dismal the season.

As mentioned before, if your son was on a high school team that had a losing season & no chance of making the finals, you're telling me that you would say;

"Sorry son, I'm not watching any more of your games or supporting your team because your season is over & your a bunch of losers".

sweetness34
12-21-2005, 03:05 PM
"Caine" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

gb wont beat chicago, honestly after seeing the steelers game I predict the vikes to lose out. Sad but true

Wonderful. Another "Doom-n-Gloom" person. Thats the type of attitude we need. I certainly hope the Viking's Locker room feels the same way. After all, why even TRY anymore, right? Might as well throw in the towel now, and start working on their golf game.

C'mon. Is that all it takes to deflate your bubble? One bad game? What happens next year when we start 10-0 and then lose one? Should we just throw in the towel then too?

Tell you what. If you can show me compelling reason why both Baltimore and Chicago will wipe the floor with us, I'll join your doom-n-gloom club. Of course, I'm willing to bet heavily that you can't.

The Steelers game was a glitch, a speed bump, a set back...but it wasn't a catastrophic failure. We were in it all the way until the mid-fourth quarter!!!! Had we been blown out early, then MAYBE I could see your point...but we weren't.

"chucker-" wrote:

Even if we win the Divsion we have a lot of work in front of us to come up with huge wins to get to the big one and i honestly dont see it this year after our start

How about THIS one?!?!? You're basing your assessment of our chances upon our performance in the first 7 weeks? Now there's a new one. So, we simply erase all of the progress we've made, and start crying in our beers already? Got your mock-draft all set up in the basement?

Hell, might as well write of nest season too..after all, we played really lousey in week 6 of 1962, don't see how we'll do any better next season.

Granted, I'm over exaggerating, but the point is that you have to base your analysis of our chances upon current factors, not what was relevant 8 weeks ago.

In all seriousness, and no offense intended to either poster (although that's a set up statement...it means I'm about to offend you), this type of attitude really ticks me off. Quitting on your team prior to being mathematically eliminated is NOT acceptable to me...and it shouldn't be to you. If you had kids, and they were in sports, would you teach THEM to quit before it was over? I certainly hope not.

We have every bit as good of a chance of making the Play-offs as every other 8-6 team out there. In fact, in many ways, we have a BETTER chance.

As long as our guys don't QUIT.

So, in all sincerity, save the gloomy outlook. Granted, if we do lose (God forbid), you can come back and tell me how right you were...but, I can't see a Viking fan taking pleasure in being right about losing. Maybe I'm wrong about that...but that's where I stand on it.

Our job as Fans is to realistically assess our teams strengths and weaknesses...then hope like Hades that the other team's weaknesses kick in big time on game day, while our "A" game is delivered.

Sure, the odds may be against us, but what's new? I'd love nothing more than for our boys to give the sportswriters of America a collective kick in the cajones by making the Play-Offs.

So, until we're completely eliminated, save it. You're harshing my mellow.

Caine


I'm not saying their right Caine, but how can you blame them for the "doom n gloom" attitiude? The vikings have lost every big/important game this year except for the giants game. I can't speak for the Ravens, but didn't the bears "wipe the floor" with you guys once already this year?

whiteboy
12-21-2005, 03:57 PM
"sweetness34" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

gb wont beat chicago, honestly after seeing the steelers game I predict the vikes to lose out. Sad but true

Wonderful. Another "Doom-n-Gloom" person. Thats the type of attitude we need. I certainly hope the Viking's Locker room feels the same way. After all, why even TRY anymore, right? Might as well throw in the towel now, and start working on their golf game.

C'mon. Is that all it takes to deflate your bubble? One bad game? What happens next year when we start 10-0 and then lose one? Should we just throw in the towel then too?

Tell you what. If you can show me compelling reason why both Baltimore and Chicago will wipe the floor with us, I'll join your doom-n-gloom club. Of course, I'm willing to bet heavily that you can't.

The Steelers game was a glitch, a speed bump, a set back...but it wasn't a catastrophic failure. We were in it all the way until the mid-fourth quarter!!!! Had we been blown out early, then MAYBE I could see your point...but we weren't.

"chucker-" wrote:

Even if we win the Divsion we have a lot of work in front of us to come up with huge wins to get to the big one and i honestly dont see it this year after our start

How about THIS one?!?!? You're basing your assessment of our chances upon our performance in the first 7 weeks? Now there's a new one. So, we simply erase all of the progress we've made, and start crying in our beers already? Got your mock-draft all set up in the basement?

Hell, might as well write of nest season too..after all, we played really lousey in week 6 of 1962, don't see how we'll do any better next season.

Granted, I'm over exaggerating, but the point is that you have to base your analysis of our chances upon current factors, not what was relevant 8 weeks ago.

In all seriousness, and no offense intended to either poster (although that's a set up statement...it means I'm about to offend you), this type of attitude really ticks me off. Quitting on your team prior to being mathematically eliminated is NOT acceptable to me...and it shouldn't be to you. If you had kids, and they were in sports, would you teach THEM to quit before it was over? I certainly hope not.

We have every bit as good of a chance of making the Play-offs as every other 8-6 team out there. In fact, in many ways, we have a BETTER chance.

As long as our guys don't QUIT.

So, in all sincerity, save the gloomy outlook. Granted, if we do lose (God forbid), you can come back and tell me how right you were...but, I can't see a Viking fan taking pleasure in being right about losing. Maybe I'm wrong about that...but that's where I stand on it.

Our job as Fans is to realistically assess our teams strengths and weaknesses...then hope like Hades that the other team's weaknesses kick in big time on game day, while our "A" game is delivered.

Sure, the odds may be against us, but what's new? I'd love nothing more than for our boys to give the sportswriters of America a collective kick in the cajones by making the Play-Offs.

So, until we're completely eliminated, save it. You're harshing my mellow.

Caine


I'm not saying their right Caine, but how can you blame them for the "doom n gloom" attitiude? The vikings have lost every big/important game this year except for the giants game. I can't speak for the Ravens, but didn't the bears "wipe the floor" with you guys once already this year?

doom-n-gloom my a$$, i'm sick and tired of hearing that and people having a losers attitude. i'm not counting the vikes out until they are elminated from the playoffs. if we go down, lets go down swingin, not jus rolling over and getting in the fetal position.

that was also when our oline was a lot worse then, it's not good, but is has gotten better. our defense didn't play no where near as good as they are now. you all will be in for a surprise come jan 1st, we're a different ball club. i hope you and your overrated football team go into the game under-estimating the vikings, i really do.

Del Rio
12-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Yeah but they have Rex Grossman now!

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/images/content/bears/Bears%20Grossman%20September%2026.jpg

Rookie444
12-21-2005, 04:09 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Yeah but they have Rex Grossman now!

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/images/content/bears/Bears%20Grossman%20September%2026.jpg

look at rex's stats last year...
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396159

rex doesn't bring anything to the table that would make us fear him, and orton's ugly a$$ just dumps the ball off to avoid being hit. FKIN PANSY! we play some flat zones and get a couple picks, off either qb. grossman sux just as bad (67 QB rating????) plus coming off that major injury. if our offense shows up, we got this one easily and make it to the playoffs and win the SB!

Del Rio
12-21-2005, 04:13 PM
I was being a smart ass hence the picture of Newman knocking the shit out of Grossman causing him to fumble.

Rookie444
12-21-2005, 04:26 PM
aight, it's too early in tha mornin for me to catch sarcasm

Mr. Purple
12-21-2005, 04:35 PM
I like grossmen (im a gator) and hes a big arse improvement over Orton. The bears with a offense? Scary.



I look at it this way...we played terribly on offense and some special teams, yet we where in the game up into the 4th. So if we can just get this offense rollin, we'll be a force.

Del Rio
12-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Don't let your gator love cloud your judgment.

sweetness34
12-21-2005, 05:02 PM
"whiteboy" wrote:

doom-n-gloom my a$$, i'm sick and tired of hearing that and people having a losers attitude. i'm not counting the vikes out until they are elminated from the playoffs. if we go down, lets go down swingin, not jus rolling over and getting in the fetal position.

that was also when our oline was a lot worse then, it's not good, but is has gotten better. our defense didn't play no where near as good as they are now. you all will be in for a surprise come jan 1st, we're a different ball club. i hope you and your overrated football team go into the game under-estimating the vikings, i really do.

I'm not saying you shouldn't go down swinging, I'm just saying what have the vikes done to show me they can get it done when it's a must. Their 1-6 in games that have meaning, and that 1 was a fluke. If you want to hang with the big boys then you have to be able to beat the big boys. The steelers game was the biggest game of the year so far and the vikes, once again, couldn't get it done. The fans here that are gloomy are the ones who see the truth, and are in touch with reality. Their still rooting for their team and want them to win, but their not to proud to admit the truth. To me the fans who say it how it is,whether good or bad, are the best fans. Hats off to them.

Gift
12-21-2005, 05:05 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"zzbudzz" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

gb wont beat chicago, honestly after seeing the steelers game I predict the vikes to lose out. Sad but true i kinda feel that way too...

Both of you...OFF THE BANDWAGON...NOW!!!

And DON'T come back...EVER!!!

:razz:look at my post history, I was no badwagoner so you have no leg to stand on with that.

"Joined Oct 14th"

Wiggles67
12-21-2005, 05:08 PM
I think Rossman is has a lot more talent and a little more experience than Orton ans SHOULD be a better QB. He really does have all the tools he just hasnt been able to translate any of that on the field.

As for everyone bashing the "doom n gloom" type of outlook some of the people have had in this thread. I dont think its fair to bash these guys and not call them real fans. All they were basically saying is that if we played the way we did on sunday we dont stand a chance to win either of our remaining games. Which if you ask any intelligent fan they would tell you the same thing. At no point did they say they are throwing in the towel or would stop watching the game or stop being a fan. Just because they pointed out a fact that you might not have wanted to hear doesnt mean they are giving up. They are stating a fact.

I for one am really excited for the next two games. Regardless of whether we get into the playoffs or not, just to see how we stack up against 2 good oppponents when we actually play well! Realistically, we dont have the offense this year to go deep into the playoffs, I would love to see us make it in but what I would be more proud of is if come in and dominate the next 2 weeks and DON'T make the playoffs. This team is changing, and I would love to see another one of these changes be a strong finish instead of backing into the playoffs.

Gift
12-21-2005, 05:36 PM
"Caine" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

gb wont beat chicago, honestly after seeing the steelers game I predict the vikes to lose out. Sad but true

Wonderful. Another "Doom-n-Gloom" person. Thats the type of attitude we need. I certainly hope the Viking's Locker room feels the same way. After all, why even TRY anymore, right? Might as well throw in the towel now, and start working on their golf game.

C'mon. Is that all it takes to deflate your bubble? One bad game? What happens next year when we start 10-0 and then lose one? Should we just throw in the towel then too?

Tell you what. If you can show me compelling reason why both Baltimore and Chicago will wipe the floor with us, I'll join your doom-n-gloom club. Of course, I'm willing to bet heavily that you can't.

The Steelers game was a glitch, a speed bump, a set back...but it wasn't a catastrophic failure. We were in it all the way until the mid-fourth quarter!!!! Had we been blown out early, then MAYBE I could see your point...but we weren't.
The fact that we didnt show up is my problem. Our team had more than enough talent to beat the steelers but they didnt. They didnt even make it close. Teams that deserve a playoff spot wins those games. I would have been more than happy had we played a good game & got beat. Insted we looked like the 2-5 vikes and beat ourselves & disrespected the dome with thier performance. After watching Chicago & baltimore play this weekend I don't see us coming away with W's in either of those games. For the slower folks, that doesnt mean I dont want them to win, that means I just dont think they will.

Caine
12-21-2005, 06:26 PM
"Gift" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

gb wont beat chicago, honestly after seeing the steelers game I predict the vikes to lose out. Sad but true

Wonderful. Another "Doom-n-Gloom" person. Thats the type of attitude we need. I certainly hope the Viking's Locker room feels the same way. After all, why even TRY anymore, right? Might as well throw in the towel now, and start working on their golf game.

C'mon. Is that all it takes to deflate your bubble? One bad game? What happens next year when we start 10-0 and then lose one? Should we just throw in the towel then too?

Tell you what. If you can show me compelling reason why both Baltimore and Chicago will wipe the floor with us, I'll join your doom-n-gloom club. Of course, I'm willing to bet heavily that you can't.

The Steelers game was a glitch, a speed bump, a set back...but it wasn't a catastrophic failure. We were in it all the way until the mid-fourth quarter!!!! Had we been blown out early, then MAYBE I could see your point...but we weren't.
The fact that we didnt show up is my problem. Our team had more than enough talent to beat the steelers but they didnt. They didnt even make it close. Teams that deserve a playoff spot wins those games. I would have been more than happy had we played a good game & got beat. Insted we looked like the 2-5 vikes and beat ourselves & disrespected the dome with thier performance. After watching Chicago & baltimore play this weekend I don't see us coming away with W's in either of those games. For the slower folks, that doesnt mean I dont want them to win, that means I just dont think they will.

I'll take that, "for the slower folks" comment personally and respond from that basis.

We didn't make it close? At which point in the game were we defeated? Seriously. We entered the 2nd half down by 7. We went into the 4th down only 13 (That's 2 TD's for those of you with scoring math issues). With 11:45 left on the clock, we gave up the safety and put us out of easy 2 TD lead range...unless we went for 2. Our final two series were 3-n-out...which doesn't help my case, but does show one important fact...WE WERE IN IT UNTIL THE END.

Johnson was flat, but was that all him or was it our early abandonment of the run? We altered the game plan that had allowed us to score and win in the previous 6 games...and it cost us.

4 trips inside the 30...and 3 points to show for it. Sure, THAT part sucked, but we were THERE, we were IN IT.

Sure, we made mistakes. We had let downs. We weren't perfect...but who is?

Take a look at Baltimores schedule and their wins-losses. At which point in that do they strike you as a dominant team? Kyle Boller - hated by everyone in Baltimore except Brian Billick - has 8 TDs and 9 INTs this season, and a QB rating of 71.9. OH NO!!!! He's an ANIMAL!!!!

This is a 5-9 team we're talking about...and they ripped apart a 3-11 team. They are NOT one of the NFL's elite...not by a loooong shot. They had one good game against a team we beat TWICE...I'm not ready to toss in the towel on this one just yet.

On the flip side, we had one bad game in the last 7. We had one game where nothing was going our way. We lost 6 points on an argueable call (Even if review didn't go our way, I truly believe that was a TD), and failed on OFFENSE to generate points when opportunities were presented. That will happen from time to time.

New England has lost to KC, Indy, Denver, Carolina, and San Diego...all good teams. Does that mean taht New England is counting themselves out? I'm betting on "Hades NO!!!".

Denver has lost to Miami, NY Giants, and KC...are they calling it quits?

Washington has lost to 5 good teams...and Oakland. Should THEY pack it in?

Dallas has lost to 5 good teams...and Oakland as well. Should THEY call it quits?

Atlanta lost to Green Bay....GREEN FRIGGIN BAY....they might as well disband the franchise, right?

Bad games happen. Those bad games can define you...if you let them (as you seem to advocate). Or, you can suck it up and use it to fuel you...as I hope our guys are doing. In the Marines we called it, "Intestinal Fortitude"...in civ-land we call it a gut-check. THIS is where we find out what we're REALLY made of. This is where we determine who determines our fate...us, or the media hacks who gave up on us in week 3.

And, as fans, this is where we determine our character. Are we going to cheer a little louder and try and will our guys out of this hole...or are we going to head to the parking lot to beat the traffic?

Well, have fun on the drive home, Sport. Don't worry, the rest of us will pick up your slack. You weren't cheering that loudly anyway.

Caine

V4L
12-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Man Caine! How long does it take to type one of those bad boys?!


Seriously though i'm with ya there man.. You always top everyone with those posts.. They all make sense and prove your points

Mr. Purple
12-21-2005, 06:39 PM
"Don't let your gator love cloud your judgment."-Del Rio


lol oh it dosnt...I'd still fight him for being a bear!

sweetness34
12-21-2005, 06:46 PM
"Caine" wrote:

Take a look at Baltimores schedule and their wins-losses. At which point in that do they strike you as a dominant team? Kyle Boller - hated by everyone in Baltimore except Brian Billick - has 8 TDs and 9 INTs this season, and a QB rating of 71.9. OH NO!!!! He's an ANIMAL!!!!

This is a 5-9 team we're talking about...and they ripped apart a 3-11 team. They are NOT one of the NFL's elite...not by a loooong shot. They had one good game against a team we beat TWICE...I'm not ready to toss in the towel on this one just yet.

Are you forgetting the fact that the were able to beat the Steelers?

Seven of the ravens losses came against playoff teams. So their 1-7 record against playoff teams is slightly worse than the vikes 1-6 record against playoff teams.

Caine
12-21-2005, 06:58 PM
"Wiggles67" wrote:

I think Rossman is has a lot more talent and a little more experience than Orton ans SHOULD be a better QB. He really does have all the tools he just hasnt been able to translate any of that on the field.

You meant Grossman, right? He has a better arm than Orton (But then, so do my twin 6-year old daughters), but they still aren't a formidable offense. This is another team we can beat. No doubt in my mind. I haven't seen anything from them yet that has me saying, "Oh no...we have to play the BEARS?!?!?!?!".

"Wiggles67" wrote:

As for everyone bashing the "doom n gloom" type of outlook some of the people have had in this thread. I dont think its fair to bash these guys and not call them real fans. All they were basically saying is that if we played the way we did on sunday we dont stand a chance to win either of our remaining games. Which if you ask any intelligent fan they would tell you the same thing. At no point did they say they are throwing in the towel or would stop watching the game or stop being a fan. Just because they pointed out a fact that you might not have wanted to hear doesnt mean they are giving up. They are stating a fact.

1st of all, no one is saying they aren't, "Real fans". I, for one, hate that term and refuse to use it. What I am saying - and others are agreeing with, is that they are giving up before it's over. they're quitting. Yet, how loudly would they scream if the Vikings did the same?

2nd: They didn't point out any facts. They offered opinions. Their opinions were based upon a limited set of factors. In my rebuttals, I have both expanded the original parameters of the input sources as well as applied the original criteria to other teams in an effort to show how short sighted and misguided this line of thinking is.

3rd: Of course we don't want to hear it. Especially, in light of #2 above, when these opinions (Again, they aren't "facts") are based upon faulty reasoning.

The difference between what they are doing and what others of us do is the point in time at which we criticize. I prefer to constructively criticize AFTER the game, not before the opening kick-off. I much prefer to enter each game with the belief that we can win...supported by 85 years of improbable victories in the NFL. Joe Namath wasn't supposed to beat Johnny Unitas in Superbowl III...but he did. Heck, our own Vikings first ever win was against the Bears...a real power at the time.

But, as these doom-n-gloomers should remember, there is a reason they play out the games. Arizona spanked US two years ago and crushed our play-off hopes. We were 9-6, and they were 3-12 at the time and riding a 7-game losing streak. These things happen EVERY WEEK.

"Wiggles67" wrote:

I for one am really excited for the next two games. Regardless of whether we get into the playoffs or not, just to see how we stack up against 2 good oppponents when we actually play well! Realistically, we dont have the offense this year to go deep into the playoffs, I would love to see us make it in but what I would be more proud of is if come in and dominate the next 2 weeks and DON'T make the playoffs. This team is changing, and I would love to see another one of these changes be a strong finish instead of backing into the playoffs.

This I can agree with. I mildly disagree with the idea that our Offense can't get us deep into the Play-Offs...they CAN, they have the pieces...they just aren't putting it all together. Other than that, we're on the same page.

Caine

Caine
12-21-2005, 07:06 PM
"sweetness34" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Take a look at Baltimores schedule and their wins-losses. At which point in that do they strike you as a dominant team? Kyle Boller - hated by everyone in Baltimore except Brian Billick - has 8 TDs and 9 INTs this season, and a QB rating of 71.9. OH NO!!!! He's an ANIMAL!!!!

This is a 5-9 team we're talking about...and they ripped apart a 3-11 team. They are NOT one of the NFL's elite...not by a loooong shot. They had one good game against a team we beat TWICE...I'm not ready to toss in the towel on this one just yet.

Are you forgetting the fact that the were able to beat the Steelers?

Seven of the ravens losses came against playoff teams. So their 1-7 record against playoff teams is slightly worse than the vikes 1-6 record against playoff teams.

I'm not forgetting that...in fact, that point proves exactly what I'm saying. If people want to count US out for losing to good teams, then they should cvount out everyone else who has lost to a good team...which eliminates everyone in the NFL.

However, Baltimore was also beaten by Tennessee and Detroit, and I don't see anyone here nominating either of those teams as being even good, much less power houses.

Consider also the following, you Bears fans NEED us to give up. You face Division opponents for your last two games...and you haven't clenched yet. Since everyone knows that Division games ignore records, I would imagine that no one in the Bears fan club is resting easy just yet. Green Bay could suprise you, and I definately think we can take you.

Even if you beat Green Bay and lock the Division, that doesn't eliminate us for the Play-Off picture. The wildcard slot is up for grabs...and we're right there.

But, as I've been saying all along, THAT is why they play the games. No one wins until a full 60 minutes has expired...and anything can happen (and, in the NFL, it often does).

Caine

nephilimstorm
12-21-2005, 08:11 PM
hey guys,

New week, new game, the old Packer - Bear rivalry...just means Farve is gonna be ampt I think to do damage to them once again after loosing in CHI.

I am gonna say this

Go Pack Go

Yikes!!
What am I saying....

whiteboy
12-21-2005, 08:39 PM
"sweetness34" wrote:

"whiteboy" wrote:

doom-n-gloom my a$$, i'm sick and tired of hearing that and people having a losers attitude. i'm not counting the vikes out until they are elminated from the playoffs. if we go down, lets go down swingin, not jus rolling over and getting in the fetal position.

that was also when our oline was a lot worse then, it's not good, but is has gotten better. our defense didn't play no where near as good as they are now. you all will be in for a surprise come jan 1st, we're a different ball club. i hope you and your overrated football team go into the game under-estimating the vikings, i really do.

I'm not saying you shouldn't go down swinging, I'm just saying what have the vikes done to show me they can get it done when it's a must. Their 1-6 in games that have meaning, and that 1 was a fluke. If you want to hang with the big boys then you have to be able to beat the big boys. The steelers game was the biggest game of the year so far and the vikes, once again, couldn't get it done. The fans here that are gloomy are the ones who see the truth, and are in touch with reality. Their still rooting for their team and want them to win, but their not to proud to admit the truth. To me the fans who say it how it is,whether good or bad, are the best fans. Hats off to them.

how many games have they played were a "must win"? and because we dropped games to nfc opponents, does that constitute as "must win games" too? now the next two games are "must win games", because if we don't we're as good as outta the playoffs.

most of the fans that are gloomy right now are the same ones who were calling for this team to tank the rest of the season when we were 2-5. but when i read comments like "we should lose the next two games to get a better draft pick" or "since we couldn't beat pittsburg so we don't deserve to be in the playoffs". i'm sorry, but if we finish with a record good enough to get in, the we dam well deserve to be there.

as far as hanging with the "big boys", from all of the bs hype about the bears, i'm guessing that they fall into the "big boy" category, we'll beat them in week 17, whether we are going to the playoffs or not.

chi = :bs:

Gift
12-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Alright Caine, I have more time now so allow me to adress your points.

"Caine" wrote:


I'll take that, "for the slower folks" comment personally and respond from that basis.

Honestly that was more for the guy who said "never come back".

"Caine" wrote:


Tell you what. If you can show me compelling reason why both Baltimore and Chicago will wipe the floor with us, I'll join your doom-n-gloom club. Of course, I'm willing to bet heavily that you can't.

Ok, sorry I didnt respond properly to your first post but I was at work & kinda rushed it. As far as Chicago goes, this team just plays well in big games this year. Even with ortin in they win games they shouldnt so I think they will be very ready for the vikes come Jan 1. Teams we have both played like the falcons, panthers & bucks they have walked away with W's & we have not. as for baltimore Ill address that in a second.

"Caine" wrote:


The Steelers game was a glitch, a speed bump, a set back...but it wasn't a catastrophic failure. We were in it all the way until the mid-fourth quarter!!!! Had we been blown out early, then MAYBE I could see your point...but we weren't.

I watched this game heavily medicated from a hospital bed so forgive me if I dont remember it too well but what I do remember is 2 int's, you could call them bad breaks but had we just kept conservative they wouldnt have happened, and a dropped kick off, now thats just dumb. I remember th D playing well but the turnovers killing us. From what I saw it looked like a mental relaps to ealry season play (other than the good D). But I did pass out in the 3rd quarter so if you say it was close I'll take your word for it.

"Caine" wrote:


This is a 5-9 team we're talking about...and they ripped apart a 3-11 team. They are NOT one of the NFL's elite...not by a loooong shot. They had one good game against a team we beat TWICE...I'm not ready to toss in the towel on this one just yet.

A team we beat by last second field goals, twice. We did not dominate them as baltimore did. Of course one could argue that division games are always tougher and GB wasn't in as bad of spot when we played them so I dont put to much stock in this one. But baltimore did look good and we are playing them in thier house.

"Caine" wrote:


New England has lost to KC, Indy, Denver, Carolina, and San Diego...all good teams. Does that mean taht New England is counting themselves out? I'm betting on "Hades NO!!!".

Yes the lost to good teams but they have also beaten good teams such as the bucs, falcons & steelers. They are also in control of thier division so It doesnt compare to our situation.

"Caine" wrote:


Denver has lost to Miami, NY Giants, and KC...are they calling it quits?

Denver controls thier division and other than miami lost to a division team and a good giants team in giants stadium. 11-3 is a great record, comparing it to an 8-6 isnt really being fair.

"Caine" wrote:


Washington has lost to 5 good teams...and Oakland. Should THEY pack it in?

I give washington about the same chances I give us but washington has been able to beat good teams such as the bears, seahawks & cowboys. i think they will go 1-1 the rest of the way out but the might beat the giants at home.

"Caine" wrote:


Dallas has lost to 5 good teams...and Oakland as well. Should THEY call it quits?

Yes, washington was a must win that they didnt win, Its over for them. Vikes have better chances.

"Caine" wrote:


Atlanta lost to Green Bay....GREEN FRIGGIN BAY....they might as well disband the franchise, right?


Keep the franchise but the season is pretty much over, the schedule ahead of them is too tough and the bears took all the wind from thier sails. I think they are done & Vikes have better chances.

"Caine" wrote:


And, as fans, this is where we determine our character. Are we going to cheer a little louder and try and will our guys out of this hole...or are we going to head to the parking lot to beat the traffic?

Well, have fun on the drive home, Sport. Don't worry, the rest of us will pick up your slack. You weren't cheering that loudly anyway.

Yes I am very sorry I am not the super fan you are. I thought since I have been watching the vikes every season since the bud grant days I could share my opinion with out being insulted here. But I guess to do that I have to just assume that the vikes will always win because I want them to but ya know what..I really wanted them to beat the steelers and they didnt...what the hell, i guess I didnt cheer hard enough. OR the coaching staff didnt prepare enough & went in with a poor game plan and ontop of that the players made mental mistakes in the biggest test of the year.

Your entire post your painting me as some bad wagon anti fan when I have been here all year cheering for the team but honestly I was disgusted by the play on sunday so I said so. Since then I was told to "Never come back" by one poster and had you insulting me through your entire post.

P.S. sorry for the spelling, my spell check is broken :cry:

Gift
12-21-2005, 09:02 PM
"whiteboy" wrote:


most of the fans that are gloomy right now are the same ones who were calling for this team to tank the rest of the season when we were 2-5.
is that something you can prove or are you just making it up?
"whiteboy" wrote:


"since we couldn't beat pittsburg so we don't deserve to be in the playoffs". i'm sorry, but if we finish with a record good enough to get in, the we dam well deserve to be there.

Deserve is not the same as qualify.

ultravikingfan
12-21-2005, 09:12 PM
**on the edge of my seat with this thread**

Del Rio
12-21-2005, 09:13 PM
"Gift" wrote:

"whiteboy" wrote:


most of the fans that are gloomy right now are the same ones who were calling for this team to tank the rest of the season when we were 2-5.
is that something you can prove or are you just making it up?
"whiteboy" wrote:


"since we couldn't beat pittsburg so we don't deserve to be in the playoffs". i'm sorry, but if we finish with a record good enough to get in, the we dam well deserve to be there.

Deserve is not the same as qualify.


I'm guessing it was his opinion, the same thing you just cried about being harassed about giving.

The fact that you feel the Vikings don't "deserve" to be there means absolutely nothing if they do get in.

I'd be pretty impressed if they can manage to get a playoff spot after the start we had, after the season we had, with injuries, coaching changes, new players, scandal, court dates, drug charges, suspensions..........

Overcoming that and making it to the playoffs against all odds is something I will hang my hat on anyday. Of course that is my opinion and you are sure as hell entitled to your own.

To everyone getting upset about these peoples negative comments: Ignore it the best you can. Every week after a loss someone abandons reason for emotion and ends up riding that roller coaster. There is absolutely no reason to waste your time arguing with them.

MaddenVodkaAddict
12-21-2005, 09:14 PM
The packers could've and should've beaten the bears at chi if it weren't for Favre's dumb@$$ mistakes in the redzone. There's still hope.

whiteboy
12-21-2005, 09:19 PM
"Gift" wrote:

"whiteboy" wrote:


most of the fans that are gloomy right now are the same ones who were calling for this team to tank the rest of the season when we were 2-5.
is that something you can prove or are you just making it up?
"whiteboy" wrote:


"since we couldn't beat pittsburg so we don't deserve to be in the playoffs". i'm sorry, but if we finish with a record good enough to get in, the we dam well deserve to be there.

Deserve is not the same as qualify.

when i get off work, i'll look for the threads and post the links. i have no reason to make it up. even though i really enjoy coming to ppo, i have a life outside of it and have no reason to make up some bullsh!t.

who are you to say who deserves and doesn't, i didn't know you where God, i apologize. remember this, come the second week of january, everyone is 0-0, anything can happen there sparky

JDogg926
12-21-2005, 09:32 PM
I think the Texans and Saints DESERVE to be in the playoffs. They've had very rough years, we should just automatically let them in.

Gift
12-21-2005, 09:46 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:


I'm guessing it was his opinion, the same thing you just cried about being harassed about giving.

I was calling him on a "statement" he made that had no evidence beind it. He was just trying to smear people that didnt agree with him.

"Del Rio" wrote:


The fact that you feel the Vikings don't "deserve" to be there means absolutely nothing if they do get in.

Agreed

"Del Rio" wrote:


I'd be pretty impressed if they can manage to get a playoff spot after the start we had, after the season we had, with injuries, coaching changes, new players, scandal, court dates, drug charges, suspensions..........

Overcoming that and making it to the playoffs against all odds is something I will hang my hat on anyday. Of course that is my opinion and you are sure as hell entitled to your own.

Agreed

"Del Rio" wrote:


To everyone getting upset about these peoples negative comments: Ignore it the best you can. Every week after a loss someone abandons reason for emotion and ends up riding that roller coaster. There is absolutely no reason to waste your time arguing with them.

I will give you that the desreve argument was probably emotion rather than reason based, but I dont think that I am trolling or flaming anyone and hence should just be ingnored but, whatever.

Gift
12-21-2005, 09:50 PM
"whiteboy" wrote:


when i get off work, i'll look for the threads and post the links. i have no reason to make it up. even though i really enjoy coming to ppo, i have a life outside of it and have no reason to make up some bullsh!t.

And when you do you'll find that 99% of the time my post are well thought out & I can back up what I say. I dont just hop from bandwagon to badwwagon & I dont have a "losers" attitude as you put it.

"whiteboy" wrote:


who are you to say who deserves and doesn't, i didn't know you where God, i apologize. remember this, come the second week of january, everyone is 0-0, anything can happen there sparky

As much as I hate it, I'll give you that that agrument was wrong for me to make. I'll retract that one.

Del Rio
12-21-2005, 09:55 PM
I don't think you are trolling or flaming either.

From my perspective you are dealing with your emotional experiences with the team. You are bringing your baggage from many years of being let down and you are applying that to your opinion.

You can't argue that.

Perhaps Ignore was too strong of a word. I was trying to suggest not arguing about it.

I value your opinion personally. I don't share it. I probably wouldn't attack anyone over it. I also know better then to try and get you to believe my way is the right way.

All we can do is say what we feel and move on. Then when the games come and go one can turn to the other and say see you dumb ass, your opinion was pretty retarded. Not that I would do that...........ok ok maybe just a little.

Gift
12-21-2005, 10:19 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I don't think you are trolling or flaming either.

From my perspective you are dealing with your emotional experiences with the team. You are bringing your baggage from many years of being let down and you are applying that to your opinion.

You can't argue that.

Perhaps Ignore was too strong of a word. I was trying to suggest not arguing about it.

I value your opinion personally. I don't share it. I probably wouldn't attack anyone over it. I also know better then to try and get you to believe my way is the right way.

All we can do is say what we feel and move on. Then when the games come and go one can turn to the other and say see you dumb jiggly butt, your opinion was pretty Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd. Not that I would do that...........ok ok maybe just a little.Cant argue with sound logic like that. All right here is hoping to whip the shit out of the ravens come christmas :cool:

whiteboy
12-21-2005, 10:37 PM
"Gift" wrote:

"whiteboy" wrote:


when i get off work, i'll look for the threads and post the links. i have no reason to make it up. even though i really enjoy coming to ppo, i have a life outside of it and have no reason to make up some bullsh!t.

And when you do you'll find that 99% of the time my post are well thought out & I can back up what I say. I dont just hop from bandwagon to badwwagon & I dont have a "losers" attitude as you put it.

i never pointed you out and called you a bandwagon jumper dawg.

"Gift" wrote:


As much as I hate it, I'll give you that that agrument was wrong for me to make. I'll retract that one.

if i came across as saying you personally had a losers mentality, i apologize. that comment is directed the the person or persons who said we should lose the rest of our games to get a better pick in the draft. i'm glad to hear you don't have a losers attitude, hopefully our team won't after the loss to pittsburg and we can get ourselves into the playoffs

Lotza
12-21-2005, 10:41 PM
wow.





looking over this thread.


it has turned kind of into a flame throwing one.

Not too severe but still.



oh well.

HERES TO WINNING OUT!



btw who like my new avatar!??!!??

Gift
12-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Lets just forget it whiteboy, I misunderstood & took offense to something I probably shouldnt have. I'm just grumpy cuz I had my apendix taken out & then watched the vikes & steelers game in the same day(not how I planned my sunday). Like Lotzapurple said, heres to winning out!

SKOL
12-21-2005, 11:15 PM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

wow.

btw who like my new avatar!??!!??

Bring back the bear.

V4L
12-21-2005, 11:16 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

wow.

btw who like my new avatar!??!!??

Bring back the bear.


I second that

Lotza
12-22-2005, 12:46 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

wow.

btw who like my new avatar!??!!??

Bring back the bear.


I second thatwell. upon popular demand


The bear is back!

he needed a rest. Too much dancing for the poor little fellow!


mrrp. it took me aproximately 10 seconds to resize that last avatar.


what a waste of time and energy that i will never get back.

SamDawg84
12-22-2005, 12:48 AM
the bear is classic lotza

Caine
12-22-2005, 02:27 AM
"Gift" wrote:

Alright Caine, I have more time now so allow me to adress your points.

I will respond in the same fashion:

"Gift" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:


I'll take that, "for the slower folks" comment personally and respond from that basis.

Honestly that was more for the guy who said "never come back".

Since you didn't specify, I had no way of knowing that.

"Gift" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:


Tell you what. If you can show me compelling reason why both Baltimore and Chicago will wipe the floor with us, I'll join your doom-n-gloom club. Of course, I'm willing to bet heavily that you can't.

Ok, sorry I didnt respond properly to your first post but I was at work & kinda rushed it. As far as Chicago goes, this team just plays well in big games this year. Even with ortin in they win games they shouldnt so I think they will be very ready for the vikes come Jan 1. Teams we have both played like the falcons, panthers & bucks they have walked away with W's & we have not. as for baltimore Ill address that in a second.

They also lost to Cleveland...a team we cruised through.

Further, the games we lost - and the teams we lost to - were teams that beat us prior to the game plan altering injury to Culpepper...back when we were suffering severe ball control issues. We saw a bit of that again versus Pittsburgh, but the point remains, we have improved DRASTICALLY since our last meeting with the Bears...and they really haven't.

"Gift" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:


The Steelers game was a glitch, a speed bump, a set back...but it wasn't a catastrophic failure. We were in it all the way until the mid-fourth quarter!!!! Had we been blown out early, then MAYBE I could see your point...but we weren't.

I watched this game heavily medicated from a hospital bed so forgive me if I dont remember it too well but what I do remember is 2 int's, you could call them bad breaks but had we just kept conservative they wouldnt have happened, and a dropped kick off, now thats just dumb. I remember th D playing well but the turnovers killing us. From what I saw it looked like a mental relaps to ealry season play (other than the good D). But I did pass out in the 3rd quarter so if you say it was close I'll take your word for it.

Yes, it was very close...for quite awhile. A real Defensive battle. So, here we are, closing out our Season versus two teams who aren't exactly tearing up the league offensively...sort of plays into our strengths right now, doesn't it?

"Gift" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:


This is a 5-9 team we're talking about...and they ripped apart a 3-11 team. They are NOT one of the NFL's elite...not by a loooong shot. They had one good game against a team we beat TWICE...I'm not ready to toss in the towel on this one just yet.

A team we beat by last second field goals, twice. We did not dominate them as baltimore did. Of course one could argue that division games are always tougher and GB wasn't in as bad of spot when we played them so I dont put to much stock in this one. But baltimore did look good and we are playing them in thier house.


Baltimore is 24th and Chicago is 29th in total Offense. Baltimore edges us by a paltry 7.4 YPG. Niether team is tearing it up through the air, yet we ground Pittsburgh's running game to a stand still for the majority of the game. I see no reason why we can't do the same to our upcomming opponents.

Kyle Boller had a career game versus a BAD Green Bay Defense...but he doesn't do that very often. Our Defense is MUCH better than the Packer's...especially of late. Unfortunately, the NFL.com stats center only sorts by season totals...I can't pull up the last 7 games alone without digging them up individually.

Bottom line here is that we are very much IN both of these games. We have a VERY good chance of beating BOTH teams, and that would give aus a GREAT shot at a Wildcard berth...and, at this point, I'd take it.

"Gift" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:


New England has lost to KC, Indy, Denver, Carolina, and San Diego...all good teams. Does that mean taht New England is counting themselves out? I'm betting on "Hades NO!!!".

Yes the lost to good teams but they have also beaten good teams such as the bucs, falcons & steelers. They are also in control of thier division so It doesnt compare to our situation.

"Caine" wrote:


Denver has lost to Miami, NY Giants, and KC...are they calling it quits?

Denver controls thier division and other than miami lost to a division team and a good giants team in giants stadium. 11-3 is a great record, comparing it to an 8-6 isnt really being fair.

"Caine" wrote:


Washington has lost to 5 good teams...and Oakland. Should THEY pack it in?

I give washington about the same chances I give us but washington has been able to beat good teams such as the bears, seahawks & cowboys. i think they will go 1-1 the rest of the way out but the might beat the giants at home.

"Caine" wrote:


Dallas has lost to 5 good teams...and Oakland as well. Should THEY call it quits?

Yes, washington was a must win that they didnt win, Its over for them. Vikes have better chances.

"Caine" wrote:


Atlanta lost to Green Bay....GREEN FRIGGIN BAY....they might as well disband the franchise, right?


Keep the franchise but the season is pretty much over, the schedule ahead of them is too tough and the bears took all the wind from thier sails. I think they are done & Vikes have better chances.

The point here was the assertion that we were not a quality team because we hadn't beaten quality opponents. So I looked around at who had beaten whom this year. Teams taht are in the hunt - or even in control at this point - have dropped quality games...and have dropped a few that, by rights, they shouldn't have. It all points to the same thing...on any given Sunday....


This is where your post breaks down. You let your frustration post this...your head posted the previous sections.

"Gift" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:


And, as fans, this is where we determine our character. Are we going to cheer a little louder and try and will our guys out of this hole...or are we going to head to the parking lot to beat the traffic?

Well, have fun on the drive home, Sport. Don't worry, the rest of us will pick up your slack. You weren't cheering that loudly anyway.

Yes I am very sorry I am not the super fan you are. I thought since I have been watching the vikes every season since the bud grant days I could share my opinion with out being insulted here. But I guess to do that I have to just assume that the vikes will always win because I want them to but ya know what..I really wanted them to beat the steelers and they didnt...what the hell, i guess I didnt cheer hard enough. OR the coaching staff didnt prepare enough & went in with a poor game plan and ontop of that the players made mental mistakes in the biggest test of the year.

Your entire post your painting me as some bad wagon anti fan when I have been here all year cheering for the team but honestly I was disgusted by the play on sunday so I said so. Since then I was told to "Never come back" by one poster and had you insulting me through your entire post.

P.S. sorry for the spelling, my spell check is broken :cry:

You missed the entire point of everything I wrote. My criticism of your post came not from the statement you made by itself...but because you GAVE UP before the game was even played.

YES, the coaching versus the Steelers was bad. YES, we didn't perform to expectations. YES, we have been let down all season by sub-standard play. On all of those issues - and many more I'd wager - we agree.

But what we don't agree on, and what I spoecifically called out in the very beginning, was the fact that you gave us up for dead while we are still in the hunt.

So, as a fellow fan, did you think that I was going to praise you for being bold and making a statement to that effect? Did you think that the rest of us would all slap our foreheads and say, "Geez, I don't even need to watch the games anymore...we're through"? NO!!! As I pointed out, in every imaginable way, we are still alive!!! Sure, we might be the old guy being dragged to the dead cart in the opening of Monty Python's, "Quest for teh Holy Grail" ("I'm not dead yet"), but we're STILL THERE!!!

And, at a time when we are all feeling poorly about losing a game we COULD have won...and an important one at that...it was all more than I could stomach. So, I threw the BS flag.

Maybe we WILL lose on Sunday. Maybe you'll be proven right. Maybe we'll get eliminated from contention and all my passion will be for naught. But I absolutely REFUSE to give up until it's over. And if we win on Sunday, we're still in it.

So, I'm not saying you have to be all Rah-Rah and such...hell, I'm not usually. I'm as critical of the Viking's weaknesses and bad decisions as the next guy. But don't quit.

Granted, if we play like we did last week, we are done. However, I have to believe that our guys are very well aware of how poorly they played, and are also refusing to have a repeat performance.

Clear as mud now?

Caine

whiteboy
12-22-2005, 02:39 AM
"Gift" wrote:

Lets just forget it whiteboy, I misunderstood & took offense to something I probably shouldnt have. I'm just grumpy cuz I had my apendix taken out & then watched the vikes & steelers game in the same day(not how I planned my sunday). Like Lotzapurple said, heres to winning out!

that must have been a rough day for you. here's to you gettin better and to the vikings winning out! skol dawg!

singersp
12-22-2005, 03:14 AM
"Caine" wrote:

Granted, if we play like we did last week, we are done. However, I have to believe that our guys are very well aware of how poorly they played, and are also refusing to have a repeat performance.

Clear as mud now?

Caine

Caine! Do you ever check your in box for PM's.

ultravikingfan
12-22-2005, 04:22 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Granted, if we play like we did last week, we are done. However, I have to believe that our guys are very well aware of how poorly they played, and are also refusing to have a repeat performance.

Clear as mud now?

Caine

Cain! Do you ever check your in box for PM's.

Caine yes.

Cain no!

http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/various/030.gif

magicci
12-22-2005, 04:47 AM
why does our division fate always come down to the packers dont they have something better to do then ruin our playoffs hopes and xmas and new years every year? they did it in 03 04 and now 05 damnit man

singersp
12-22-2005, 05:12 AM
"magicci" wrote:

why does our division fate always come down to the packers dont they have something better to do then ruin our playoffs hopes and xmas and new years every year? they did it in 03 04 and now 05 damnit man

It's not the Packers fault.

The Vikings are the ones who come up one or two games short to clinch it for themelves.

But we won enough games to put us in the position we're in.

jaymz7
12-22-2005, 06:12 AM
I have finally read all 6 pages of this post and it was to say the least interesting. As a Vikings fan in Illinois I more then anyone would love to knock the bears out as the division winner.

As far as which team is better or who beat what teams that are better or worse doesn't matter. All that matters is playing well enough to be in the situation to have a chance at the playoffs.

NFL films is full of the games they show on the NFL network about the teams that weren't that good and shouldn't be in the playoffs that have made it to the superbowl and some even won. That is where the sayings came from. " On any given Sunday " "Thats why they play the games "

I work with many a Bear and Packer fan and I will give them credit in the years they didn't play well I never heard any of them count thier team out regardless of who they were playing and what thier record was. To me that is a sign of a true fan. That is how I feel about the Vikes and from what I read many of you do also. The few that want to be negative or criticle well thats your choice. I don't agree, but If your a fan of a sports team I believe you should always be optimistic if your team has done well enough to have the opportunity to make it to the playoffs.

It is always easier to be a naysayer and then if your team loses you can say see I told ya, but if they win you can cheer and gloat.

I prefer to state up front that I know the Vikes have the talent and the ability to beat any team on any week. (even the colts who were dominant last year and barely beat us in the final seconds on a field goal )

The Vikes just have to play hard for 60 minutes. If I am wrong then bash me, call me a dreamer, or say I told you so. If I am right and you disagreed then eat your crow like a good little boy or girl.

Until the Vikes are eliminated or eliminate themselves I still say they will win the division and allow me to feed a lot of crow to my bear loving co-workers.

SKOL

and go pack go

Lotza
12-22-2005, 01:02 PM
"jaymz7" wrote:

I have finally read all 6 pages of this post and it was to say the least interesting. As a Vikings fan in Illinois I more then anyone would love to knock the bears out as the division winner.

As far as which team is better or who beat what teams that are better or worse doesn't matter. All that matters is playing well enough to be in the situation to have a chance at the playoffs.

NFL films is full of the games they show on the NFL network about the teams that weren't that good and shouldn't be in the playoffs that have made it to the superbowl and some even won. That is where the sayings came from. " On any given Sunday " "Thats why they play the games "

I work with many a Bear and Packer fan and I will give them credit in the years they didn't play well I never heard any of them count thier team out regardless of who they were playing and what thier record was. To me that is a sign of a true fan. That is how I feel about the Vikes and from what I read many of you do also. The few that want to be negative or criticle well thats your choice. I don't agree, but If your a fan of a sports team I believe you should always be optimistic if your team has done well enough to have the opportunity to make it to the playoffs.

It is always easier to be a naysayer and then if your team loses you can say see I told ya, but if they win you can cheer and gloat.

I prefer to state up front that I know the Vikes have the talent and the ability to beat any team on any week. (even the colts who were dominant last year and barely beat us in the final seconds on a field goal )

The Vikes just have to play hard for 60 minutes. If I am wrong then bash me, call me a dreamer, or say I told you so. If I am right and you disagreed then eat your crow like a good little boy or girl.

Until the Vikes are eliminated or eliminate themselves I still say they will win the division and allow me to feed a lot of crow to my bear loving co-workers.

SKOL

and go pack gonice post jamyz!

Gift
12-22-2005, 06:48 PM
"Caine" wrote:


Entire Statement
Caine
I can't say I disagree with the statements you made here. Reflecting on some of the things said in this thread I realized I was letting my frustration sway my thinking and I really don't want to spend my time arguing against the vikes. I do apreciate the exchange with you cause it got me doing some research about many other teams in the league and I found that intresting. So in closing I say Cheers, good chatting & go vikes.

EDIT - back on topic though, I still don't think greenbay stands much of a chance against da bears, we best handle our fate oursleves.