PDA

View Full Version : Jerk



josdin00
12-14-2005, 04:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2257550

"Michael Smith, ESPN.com" wrote:

Thus, there will be more of what Miami did to San Diego on Sunday, more of the Browns, Eagles and Ravens making the Bengals, Giants and Broncos of the world sweat. Remember Week 17 of the 2003 season, when the going-nowhere Cardinals knocked off the Vikings and knocked them out of the playoffs on Josh McCown's miracle, last-second touchdown pass to Nathan Poole? It's one of my favorite highlights from the past few seasons. Slipups like that happen every year to teams on their road to the playoffs. Sometimes the contenders never get up.

C-PepNSalt
12-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Agreed, what a deuche

PurpleMafia
12-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Michael Smith is one of my favorites and usually I agree, but theres nothing great about a team ending another teams season just because they want to throw a hail mary at the end of a game. Its just plain class-less. Its like running up the score when blowing out another basketball team.

ultravikingfan
12-14-2005, 05:39 PM
I ignore all media concerning the Vikes.

Unless it is Salsbury or Carter.

Gift
12-14-2005, 05:46 PM
"PurpleMafia" wrote:

theres nothing great about a team ending another teams season just because they want to throw a hail mary at the end of a game. Its just plain class-less. I don't agree, I think it's thier duty to the fans to win no matter what the situation.

cajunvike
12-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Michael Smith...just another Brett Favre wet-dreamin', Fudgepacker fantasy-lovin', wannabe Sconnie sheep-chasin' closet Packer fan!

Step on up, Mr. Smith...as the prize for this dubious honor, you just won a date with your sister!!!

Mr. Purple
12-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Salsbury ultra? haha He is the biggest Flag Waiver...hes quick to diss your team just as fast as he praised it the week before!

SKOL
12-14-2005, 06:08 PM
"Gift" wrote:

"PurpleMafia" wrote:

theres nothing great about a team ending another teams season just because they want to throw a hail mary at the end of a game. Its just plain class-less. I don't agree, I think it's thier duty to the fans to win no matter what the situation.

But when most of the fans in the stands are rooting for the other team, they should just let the other team win. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ltrey33
12-14-2005, 06:33 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Michael Smith...just another Brett Favre wet-dreamin', Fudgepacker fantasy-lovin', wannabe Sconnie sheep-chasin' closet Packer fan!

Step on up, Mr. Smith...as the prize for this dubious honor, you just won a date with your sister!!!

:sign5:

purplegang
12-14-2005, 06:38 PM
these guys are payed to play so if something like that happens, its there job, thats what they get payed to do. but still i think it sucks

V4L
12-14-2005, 07:35 PM
I don't really care if he liked that play or not.. It's his opinion

gregair13
12-14-2005, 08:52 PM
yeah we choked in arizona. big whoop. not gonna happen this year

WBLVikeBabe
12-14-2005, 11:03 PM
In my years of being a Vikings fan there are two times that I wish I could forget but never will, one is the 98 Atlanta game and the other is the 2003 Arizona game. It always seems to be brought up though in the media they sure make it hard to forget.

StillPurple
12-15-2005, 12:07 AM
At least the Atlanta game back in 1998 (NFC Championship Game) wasn't your birthday !! It was my 33rd birthday that day, and I was living in Germany. Went out to the U.S. Army base with my Vikings gear on. I will never forget that game. The first drive, we went through the Falcons defense like it wasn't there. Moss got a TD and I was walking around, going, "we are going to the Show".

... 3 hours later, I was transfixed to the screen, to what was a great football game. One of the best games I have seen.

... woke up the next morning, with a bit of a hangover, and blue on my hand. I looked at my hand and was like, "what the heck is that". It said, "Heineken", backwards. :shock: :roll:

WBLVikeBabe
12-15-2005, 12:19 AM
I woke up the morning after that thinking I had dreamt the game and we didn't really lose. That sure changed when I turned on the radio and the first thing I heard was "What a heartbreaking loss for the Vikings last night"

CrazyVikingsFan
12-15-2005, 12:52 AM
Two things after starting 6-0 it is our fault that that game meant we were in the playoffs or not. We should have already rapped up the divison by then. Going 3-7 the last ten games that is our fault. Second Micheal Smith is usually a viking guy unlike salsbery who played for us but gives us no love even though we won six strait. Plus who dosent like last second wins even though its on the Vikings. I was pisse* but its our fault to let them score. What kind of defence lets the other team score a 17 yard td( i thinkit was 17 yards) with one second left?

VikingMike
12-15-2005, 02:36 AM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

In my years of being a Vikings fan there are two times that I wish I could forget but never will, one is the 98 Atlanta game and the other is the 2003 Arizona game. It always seems to be brought up though in the media they sure make it hard to forget.

Ditto the 98 game vs Atlanta, but not the Cardinals game...we weren't going anywhere that season. But the original "Hail Mary" pass Staubach to "push-off" Pearson really killed me...because that was one of, if not, the best Viking team of all...30 years and I still remember it like it was last week.