PDA

View Full Version : Sick Of our Offense

napo58
12-12-2005, 08:38 PM
WE run so many conservative plays, brad johnson always checks down in the flat, We definitely need to be more aggressive. Im sick and tired of this 150 yds passing crap. Our o line is doing better than before and we need to take shots downfield and run deeper routes with the talent we have at receiver, the best 5 some in the league right now. I cant beleive everyone thinks brad is our savior when he really is just the manager. If Daunte was 100 percent, had the protection that brad is getting now and the defense like it is now, we would easily be a top 10 offense, prolly even top 5. Brad can't play catch up as you saw against the panthers, and Daunte led us down 31-10 last year with 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter to tie the game with the pack 31-31. HE definitely didnt need moss and doesnt now. I think Steve Loney is doing a shittacular job too, he better be gone next year. We have too much talent to have a bears type offense

NYVikingFan
12-12-2005, 08:41 PM
With that being said he is 6-0 :roll:

Del Rio
12-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Is this Hitstick talking?

I like the offense the way it is. It is the way it should be ran. When Daunte comes back we better run the exact same offense.

Because no matter how many times you say it, the protection is not really any better, this is just a different approach to the offense. The correct approach.

It's here to stay I'm affraid. Your just going to have to suffer watching K-Rob catch a 70+ yard TD reception. If that isn't deep enough for you then we need to start calling you Ron Jeremy.

COJOMAY
12-12-2005, 08:43 PM
I disagree with you. It's poor offensive line play that MAKES the Vikings play conservatively. They can't hold back the rush so that Bj has time to throw the long passes. Therefore he has to get the ball out fast and that means short pases into the flats or over the line in front of the linebackers. If Pep was in he'd be in the same boat. We will not have a great offense until we get much better offensive line play.

napo58
12-12-2005, 08:46 PM
well tice was upset at our offense, and i didnt see his game so im taking his word. How bad was our o line yesterday?

cajunvike
12-12-2005, 08:50 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I like the offense the way it is. It is the way it should be ran. When Daunte comes back we better run the exact same offense.

Because no matter how many times you say it, the protection is not really any better, this is just a different approach to the offense. The correct approach.

It's here to stay I'm affraid. Your just going to have to suffer watching K-Rob catch a 70+ yard TD reception. If that isn't deep enough for you then we need to start calling you Ron Jeremy.

napo58 = PP.O Hedgehog!!! :lol:

jimmymac
12-12-2005, 09:07 PM
"napo58" wrote:

WE run so many conservative plays, brad johnson always checks down in the flat, We definitely need to be more aggressive. Im sick and tired of this 150 yds passing crap. Our o line is doing better than before and we need to take shots downfield and run deeper routes with the talent we have at receiver, the best 5 some in the league right now. I cant beleive everyone thinks brad is our savior when he really is just the manager. If Daunte was 100 percent, had the protection that brad is getting now and the defense like it is now, we would easily be a top 10 offense, prolly even top 5. Brad can't play catch up as you saw against the panthers, and Daunte led us down 31-10 last year with 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter to tie the game with the pack 31-31. HE definitely didnt need moss and doesnt now. I think Steve Loney is doing a shittacular job too, he better be gone next year. We have too much talent to have a bears type offense

Then I suggest you become a Colts fan!

There's a good chance Culpepper will never play as a Viking again and even if he does the offense will not be the run, gun and turnover offense of the past. Get used to it.

Go Vikings! Go conservative offense!

ultravikingfan
12-12-2005, 09:09 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Yes, this is the former member known as Hitstick on his second chance here.

Del Rio
12-12-2005, 09:13 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Yes, this is the former member known as Hitstick on his second chance here.

Nothing personal of course it just seemed familar. Not intending to flame but I just want to get this straight. You start a thread that says "Sick of our Offense" and then in a reply you said you didn't watch the game, but Tice wasn't happy with the line play so your basing this whole thing on that??

Muggsy
12-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey, y'know, I tink da offense is doin' just fine. Got a lil' dull dere in da foist couple a quatahs, but, we scored two touchdowns in da thoid, so we can score bedda now. Da penalties are still comin', but not so much as before. An' only one turnover, wit' 6 takeaways! Yeah, I tink we're doin' jus' fine, y'know? We needs ta jus' be happy wit' what we got, an' we'll keep gettin' bedda an' bedda, y'know? Jus' don' youse mugs get impatient, ya hears?

napo58
12-12-2005, 09:23 PM
no its just that ive watched other games and then this game i saw the stats and tice said he wasnt happy with our offense, i mean we versed the 31st ranked defense, even washington had a better offense than us today. I guess its still the o line and loney that are our handicaps on offense.

ultravikingfan
12-12-2005, 09:24 PM
As long as the Offense does not turn the ball over, thats the key!

napo58
12-12-2005, 09:25 PM
jimmymac, there is a 150 percent chance that Culpepper will be playing and as a starter here. he is an elite nfl qb and is second to peyton. He has proven that he doesnt need moss and wait and see how good he does next year with a stable of good backs, 5 good receivers, two reliable tight ends, and finally we will have an offensive line. Loney wont be our oc next year, so all i see is another 400 plus point season for our offense.

VIKES4LIFE123
12-12-2005, 09:27 PM
When Daunte was in there we were trying to be that great offense you want but as you saw it was awful with Culpepper throwing picks all over the place. Johnson and the coaches probably realized, FINALLY, that the O-line really can't play well and switched there game plan to be more conservative. But winning 6 games in a row is awesome I don't care how we do it I LOVE IT!

VIKES4LIFE123
12-12-2005, 09:27 PM
When Daunte was in there we were trying to be that great offense you want but as you saw it was awful with Culpepper throwing picks all over the place. Johnson and the coaches probably realized, FINALLY, that the O-line really can't play well and switched there game plan to be more conservative. But winning 6 games in a row is awesome I don't care how we do it I LOVE IT!

Tarannau_QB_7
12-12-2005, 09:30 PM
long passes are for third and long situations the way i see it by using conservative short passes (assuming you keep the chains moving) we control the clock and therefore the game. AT the end of the day i imagine everyone cares more about getting to the playoffs tham being a top five offense and we seem to be rolling along pretty sweetly now.

cc21
12-12-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't see anything wrong with our offense, as long as we keep winning. If we were loosing games then we would have to make adjustments. It's not as flashy as it was with Culpepper and Moss, but it is getting the job done. It has showed that it can stretch the field, look what it did in the Lions game.

This is the first season ever that I have been just as excited for our defense to step onto the field as the offense. Our D makes so many good plays and has the ability to score. Go Vikes!

ultravikingfan
12-12-2005, 09:37 PM
"napo58" wrote:

no its just that ive watched other games and then this game i saw the stats and tice said he wasnt happy with our offense, i mean we versed the 31st ranked defense, even washington had a better offense than us today. I guess its still the o line and loney that are our handicaps on offense.

Looking at the stats does not do any justice...come on now! :roll:

xvikingfan
12-12-2005, 09:43 PM
If BJ doesn't get rid of the ball after dropping back 3 or 4 steps,he's dead and he knows it.He dumps off the short passes,cuz that's all he has time for.Culpepper would dance around back there too long and either fumble or throw an INT half the time.The Vikes are playing great right now,BUT the O-Line has to block better and the D-Line has to get some kind off a pass rush.Rams QB had all day to pass yesterday.Vikes were lucky he wasn't very good.

TARKenton
12-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Seeing as how weve tried to win a championship with a great offense the last few seasons and failed, im all about this new approach. Great defense and special teams and an offense that doesnt put the defense in a bad spot. Bj chews up clock and gives our D rest. Obviously we are doing something right. To be 2-5 at one point and now be just one game out of first proves that.

LuckyVike
12-12-2005, 09:48 PM
"napo58" wrote:

I hate six game win streaks too!!

:roll:

whackthepack
12-12-2005, 09:54 PM
We need to stop going 3 and out as much as we are, we have to stop punting from inside our 20 and our endzone or it is going to kill us!

Way to many times we are giving out opponent the ball at mid field or in our territory, and make our D play on a short field. We need to give them more time to rest, and not make them stay on the field as long as they have been. We have been winning and the D is playing great, but if we were not doing these things we would be beating teams easily instead of having to make defensive plays at the end of the game to hang on for wins!

So as Napo58 said, I am not that happy with our offense either!

cajunvike
12-12-2005, 10:00 PM
"napo58" wrote:

Brad can't play catch up as we saw in the Carolina game??? Puhlease!!!

He came in stone cold...with an offense that hadn't done CRAP with Daunte all day! Fact of the matter is, the defense hadn't done CRAP to give the offense a chance all day...since then Brad has done nothing but WIN...he doesn't need to come from behind...because he doesn't dig himself into huge holes in the first place ala Daunte...plus the Defense isn't giving up huge amounts of points. The bottom line is that we are winning...and as long as we are, I see no problem with our conservative offense...besides, 27 points this past game was more than enough to insure that we wouldn't lose!

cajunvike
12-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Conservative offense worked JUST FINE for Baltimore and Tampa Bay when they won their Super Bowls...and I will take one of their championship seasons over our record-setting offensive display in 1998 when we came away with NOTHING!

MensaTice
12-12-2005, 10:04 PM
I think the offense is capable of playing less conservative if the situation warrants it. During this streak, the offense has done exactly what they need to do and it may be conservative but nobody should be arguing with the results. Until we get in a shootout, I don't think they should change a thing. The importance of not turning the ball over has proved to be far greater than moving the chains every drive.

And now that I think about it, why are we wasting our time arguing with someone who didn't even watch the game and has Nap Harris as his name and favorite player?

ultravikingfan
12-12-2005, 10:51 PM
"napo58" wrote:

This posts comes after we won how many in a row and all you can do is complain about the Offense?

And not only that...you did not even watch the fricken game? Wow! I wish I had that kinda insight.

Hint, before you spout off about how we are playing...try actually watching the game. I have them on DVD and will actually get one for you if you need it.

"napo58" wrote:

well tice was upset at our offense, and i didnt see his game so im taking his word. How bad was our o line yesterday?

You should know...right?

napo58
12-12-2005, 10:54 PM
tice said that in his conference after the game and can i see the dvd please?

midgensa
12-12-2005, 11:04 PM
"napo58" wrote:

First off, you like Napolean Harris so STFU ... second off ... for the few weeks you have been posting you never have any sort of insight that seems to make any d@amn sense.
If Daunte was 100 percent ... he is not so who the f*ck cares if he was? Brad can't play catch up? He did a fine job in Lambeau of doing so ... Be aggressive? ... that led to a 2-5 start with 15 turnovers by our franchise player (who I would love back by the way and will welcome with open arms next season) ... you go back to that Madden offense that you like and go back to the hot starts before teams realize how to beat us into the ground and down to 9-7 and 8-8 ... Ill take the EFFECTIVE offense (that by the way is scoring 23.8 ppg as compared to 14.9 points under that other QB) any day of the week with the victories and the shot at the playoffs ... so until we have something to offer that you can back up with anything other than spouting off ... do us all a favor and STFU!

MensaTice
12-12-2005, 11:14 PM
"napo58" wrote:

Our o line is doing better than before and we need to take shots downfield followed by this: "its still the o line and loney that are our handicaps on offense." :scratch:
Plus this gem: "and i didnt see his game"

Were you one of John Kerry's campaign aids? The more you write the more confused I am about what your problem is. I understand wanting more offensive productivity but your complaints beyond that basic concept are ridiculous. And looking at your first post, you seem to question Brad Johnson's abilities but want him to be more agressive. I'm not trying to rag on you but I am just really confused about where you are going with any of this.

Why can't I learn to just let this kind of stuff go? :banghead:

napo58
12-12-2005, 11:15 PM
midgensa, our defense isnt going to verse ryan fitzpatrick if we make the playoffs, its not going to have turnovers like this every week. We are going to have to be alot more effective on offense because our defense wont beat the seahawks offense being on the field for 45 minutes. We need to strike fear into the defenses and cant afford to have the defense defend short fields like we did yesterday. Steve Loney is too retarded to call a game so tice needs to utilize our wrs and rbs talent to the fullest. Yes, the o line sucks, but we need to spread it to our wr's more, not this dink and dunk to wiggins and kleinsasser crap.

and I beleive I know how football works more than you do . Throw something at me and Ill tell you.

LuckyVike
12-12-2005, 11:17 PM
"MensaTice" wrote:

"napo58" wrote:

Our o line is doing better than before and we need to take shots downfield followed by this: "its still the o line and loney that are our handicaps on offense." :scratch:

Were you one of John Kerry's campaign aids? The more you write the more confused I am about what your problem is. I understand wanting more offensive productivity but your complaints beyond that basic concept are ridiculous. And looking at your first post, you seem to question Brad Johnson's abilities but want him to be more agressive. I'm not trying to rag on you but I am just really confused about where you are going with any of this.

Don't want to get political but Kerry would be a 10x better president than that joke in office right now...

LuckyVike
12-12-2005, 11:21 PM
"napo58" wrote:

midgensa, our defense isnt going to verse ryan fitzpatrick if we make the playoffs, its not going to have turnovers like this every week. We are going to have to be alot more effective on offense because our defense wont beat the seahawks offense being on the field for 45 minutes. We need to strike fear into the defenses and cant afford to have the defense defend short fields like we did yesterday. Steve Loney is too Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd to call a game so tice needs to utilize our wrs and rbs talent to the fullest. Yes, the o line sucks, but we need to spread it to our wr's more, not this dink and dunk to wiggins and kleinsasser crap.

and I beleive I know how football works more than you do . Throw something at me and Ill tell you.

Ok, so you understand the O-Line sucks? Well then why can't you get it through you thick skull that when the O-Line sucks and doesn't give the QB some protection, he can't wait for the recievers to run deep down the field and get open. It's so simple, it really is...

CrazyVikingsFan
12-12-2005, 11:22 PM
I Love Our offence!!!!! Brad is not turning it over like Daunte would. We are productive. Daunte always looks for the big play. Brad just gets the job done. We are undefeated with our new offence. Therefore I love our new offence!!

napo58
12-12-2005, 11:22 PM
i didnt watch the game but heard the press conference. Yes, Loney week by week does handicap our offense and so does our o line. But we still need to take shots, its not doing us any good punting 8 times a game. The games I saw the previous weeks, Brad hasnt attempted many deep passes even though our receivers could have capitalized on those balls. Id you dont see anything open, then throw it away or dump it off, but atleast take chances. taking 3 deep shots a game a series is better Benett for no gain, Benett for 1 yard and Benett for no gain followed by a 40 yard punt

MensaTice
12-12-2005, 11:24 PM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

Don't want to get political but Kerry would be a 10x better president than that joke in office right now...

Then don't get political. I was just pointing out the obvious contradictions in his "argument", whatever that may be.

ultravikingfan
12-12-2005, 11:25 PM
This is almost like saying, "Tommy Kramer was the worst QB we ever had...but I never saw him play".

CrazyVikingsFan
12-12-2005, 11:27 PM
napo geting one yard with bennett is better than a fumble by culpepper on our twenty yard line. dont get me wrong i love culpepper but he is not right for this team

MensaTice
12-12-2005, 11:34 PM
The best part of the offense now is obviously the turnovers and here is a perfect example. On one play Sunday Brad did something that went completely unnoticed. We were on around their 20 and St. Louis blitzed and got two guys in his face, he threw to the endzone into double coverage as he was getting hit. Despite the coverage, the ball was only catchable by the Viking reciever (I believe it was Burly) who dove and didn't couldn't get it. It was an aggressive decision but a very good play that just didn't work out. The way Daunte had played this year, if he attempts that pass, it gets picked. I know it seems ridiculous to talk this much and be so impressed with an incomplete pass, but if you actually watched the game and remember it, it was a very good play by a great leader at QB. I don't think that taking a chance at the endzone under immense pressure is conservative.

Those Bennett play calls you are talking about are when we already get leads. Like I said earlier, this offense is capable of moving the ball downfield at a quicker pace if the situation warrants it. Lately, the offense has played exactly how they should with the situations they've been in.

Articnv
12-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Yes, the o line sucks, but we need to spread it to our wr's more, not this dink and dunk to wiggins and kleinsasser crap.

Brad threw to 9 difent peopel that game. If thats not spreadign it around is ure as hell want to try what your smoking.

xvikingfan
12-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Short memory there.Old Culpepper Offense was easy to beat.If you atched the first 7 games,all you saw was opposing D's blitzing.Every single down they would blitz,Culpepper would get flustered,end of story.Didn't Viles go something like 3 games in a row without a touchdown before Culpepper got hurt.I'll take the O the way it is now,at least until the O'line can block somebody for more than two seconds.If it ain't broke,don't fix it.

COJOMAY
12-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Conservative offenses don't work?????
Since when? You've been given two examples of it with Super Bowl teams. And I'm old enough to remember the Bernie Beirman era at the U of Minnesota when his offense was called "Three yards and a cloud of dust." But it won him a couple of national championships.
Our defense is awesome right now and if that offensive lline could ever learn to block effectively we'd be world beaters with BJ doing his "dink and dunk" which you seem to hate so much. We are 6-0 with it so what's the problem?
I'll take ball control and first downs everytime over L-O-N-G interceptions.

cajunvike
12-12-2005, 11:47 PM
"napo58" wrote:

midgensa, our defense isnt going to verse ryan fitzpatrick if we make the playoffs, its not going to have turnovers like this every week. We are going to have to be alot more effective on offense because our defense wont beat the seahawks offense being on the field for 45 minutes. We need to strike fear into the defenses and cant afford to have the defense defend short fields like we did yesterday. Steve Loney is too Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd to call a game so tice needs to utilize our wrs and rbs talent to the fullest. Yes, the o line sucks, but we need to spread it to our wr's more, not this dink and dunk to wiggins and kleinsasser crap.

Dink and dunk got us to FOUR Super Bowls...bombs to Moss got us to NONE...besides the dink and dunk offense keeps OUR defense off the field and rested for when they have to perform. The short field that you refer to was more a problem with our punter, not the offense...when we were scoring quickly, the other team was coming right back and wearing our defense out...so by the end of the game, we couldn't stop anyone and we would lose close games. Now, our defense is fresh and they make the necessary stops in order to win games...the proof is in the pudding...we have 6 straight wins with the dink and dunk and fresh defense...don't mess with success!!!

BTW, the personal attacks by MensaTice and midgensa were uncalled for...we need to remember that we are all on the same side...even if some of us don't really know what they are talking about! :grin:

midgensa
12-12-2005, 11:51 PM
"napo58" wrote:

What exactly makes you believe that you know more than me? You have nothing to base that on either and are just spouting off again ... besides I think I would take my chances against you on that one ... but that is not what this argument is about.
This argument is about you stating that we need to have an "offense that strikes fear" which is ludicrous and wrong. The Bucs, Pats and Ravens have all won Super Bowls with offenses that did their job and did not turn it over ... while offenses that strike fear (the 98, 99, 00, 03, 04 Vikes, the 01 Rams, the 03, 04 Colts, etc.) have consistently struck out (that said I of course like the 05 Colts, but that offense makes NO mistakes and has a defense to back it) ...
Sure we would like a more productive offense ... who would not ... but saying it has not been effective is just flat fu*king wrong. It has been effective has gotten the job done when it mattered (end of the Giants, Packers games, after the Rams tied yesterday) and has been very effective throughout the six-games we have had BJ in there (6-0 with a 23.8 ppg average and winning by an average of 8 points is pretty good). I dont see how anyone can complain about it ... sure we had a few too many three-and-outs yesterday, but that happens every now and then ... over the course of six weeks there have not been an excessive amount of punts or three and outs ... so taking one week is not a fair comparision. By the way, scoring five times in a game is not that bad, and 259 yards is not god awful either, though it obviously leaves a little to be desired.
Would I love the offense to be more explosive and score 30+ a game, sure who wouldn't ... but I also can look at the team on paper and see that it is obvious that a conservative offense is what it will take for this team to win. Koren is coming out of his shell a little and should open things up ... but to trash something that is working very well makes no sense at all.

Potus2028
12-12-2005, 11:53 PM
well.. if you take away the D of our game.. the offense has been sucking it up.. in the sense that we're lucky our D is doing a magnificent job...

i'll agree saying our O needs to be more potent. but we're still getting more points than the other team

right now our offense is doing the job.. but they will need to step it up if they want to make it in the playoffs

MensaTice
12-12-2005, 11:54 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

BTW, the personal attacks by MensaTice and midgensa were uncalled for...we need to remember that we are all on the same side...even if some of us don't really know what they are talking about! :grin:

Agreed, I apologize. Nothing personal Napo but I think complaining about this now is ridiculous and as the rest of you know, I love to complain and be negative. I just couldn't let this go after he said he didn't watch the game but I will refrain from personal attacks for now.......until the next stupid thread :wink:

Ltrey33
12-12-2005, 11:56 PM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

"MensaTice" wrote:

"napo58" wrote:

I don't want to get political but I'm going to anyway. :roll: If you don't want to, don't say it! As 6-Kings said in a thread a while back, half the people in America voted for him, therefore you're going to piss off half of the people that read it. I recommend staying away from inflammatory comments like that.

LuckyVike
12-13-2005, 12:00 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

"MensaTice" wrote:

"napo58" wrote:

I don't want to get political but I'm going to anyway. :roll: If you don't want to, don't say it! As 6-Kings said in a thread a while back, half the people in America voted for him, therefore you're going to piss off half of the people that read it. I recommend staying away from inflammatory comments like that.

Well, I'm not going to set by and let someone make jokes about members of my preferred political party. I'm very passionate about politics as most people are.

Oh yea, I guess I didn't mind getting into politics. I just didn't want to come off as an ***hole but whatever.

midgensa
12-13-2005, 12:13 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

"MensaTice" wrote:

"napo58" wrote:

By the way, just because half of the people voted for him does not mean you will piss half the people off ... his approval ratings are as low as 38 percent, which means quite a few people who voted for him are unhappy with him ... now that we are all getting political :lol:

midgensa
12-13-2005, 12:16 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"napo58" wrote:

Dink and dunk got us to FOUR Super Bowls...bombs to Moss got us to NONE...besides the dink and dunk offense keeps OUR defense off the field and rested for when they have to perform. The short field that you refer to was more a problem with our punter, not the offense...when we were scoring quickly, the other team was coming right back and wearing our defense out...so by the end of the game, we couldn't stop anyone and we would lose close games. Now, our defense is fresh and they make the necessary stops in order to win games...the proof is in the pudding...we have 6 straight wins with the dink and dunk and fresh defense...don't mess with success!!!

I was not getting personal ... just kindly asking for him to STFU ... that is not personal ... harping on him liking Napo is not personal either, just pointing out facts that are beyond comprehension to most ... and yes, we all are on here for an opinion ... and many of us express it well and have a good time (though noone seems to have as good a time as the Caj) ... but Napo has had a few weeks now of spouting off, seems often to be trying to stir stuff up and does not seem to back much up ... reminds me a lot of some people who have been booted multiple times ...

LuckyVike
12-13-2005, 12:27 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"napo58" wrote:

I was not getting personal ... just kindly asking for him to STFU ... that is not personal ... harping on him liking Napo is not personal either, just pointing out facts that are beyond comprehension to most ... and yes, we all are on here for an opinion ... and many of us express it well and have a good time (though noone seems to have as good a time as the Caj) ... but Napo has had a few weeks now of spouting off, seems often to be trying to stir stuff up and does not seem to back much up ... reminds me a lot of some people who have been booted multiple times ...

I didn't realize that was possible.

midgensa
12-13-2005, 12:30 AM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"napo58" wrote:

Of course it is possible ... I just did it :lol:

MensaTice
12-13-2005, 12:33 AM
[quote="midgensa"]... just kindly asking for him to STFU ...quote]

:lol:

That is awesome.

LuckyVike
12-13-2005, 12:44 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"napo58" wrote:

Of course it is possible ... I just did it :lol:

Haha, guess so. :lol:

singersp
12-13-2005, 01:29 AM
"napo58" wrote:

.......I cant beleive everyone thinks brad is our savior when he really is just the manager. If Daunte was 100 percent, had the protection that brad is getting now and the defense like it is now, we would easily be a top 10 offense, prolly even top 5. Brad can't play catch up as you saw against the panthers, and Daunte led us down 31-10 last year with 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter to tie the game with the pack 31-31. HE definitely didnt need moss and doesnt now. I think Steve Loney is doing a shittacular job too, he better be gone next year. We have too much talent to have a bears type offense

When you manage ball games like we have been it equals wins. It's called ball control.

What matters is wins & loses, not how many points you can rack up. The Rams & Cardinals are two prime examples of top 10 offensive teams not going anywhere.

If I was to say anything about our offense it's that we go into conservative mode to early without getting 1st downs.

V-Unit
12-13-2005, 01:41 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"napo58" wrote:

.......I cant beleive everyone thinks brad is our savior when he really is just the manager. If Daunte was 100 percent, had the protection that brad is getting now and the defense like it is now, we would easily be a top 10 offense, prolly even top 5. Brad can't play catch up as you saw against the panthers, and Daunte led us down 31-10 last year with 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter to tie the game with the pack 31-31. HE definitely didnt need moss and doesnt now. I think Steve Loney is doing a shittacular job too, he better be gone next year. We have too much talent to have a bears type offense

When you manage ball games like we have been it equals wins. It's called ball control.

What matters is wins & loses, not how many points you can rack up. The Rams & Cardinals are two prime examples of top 10 offensive teams not going anywhere.

If I was to say anything about our offense it's that we go into conservative mode to early without getting 1st downs.I agree, we should be able to go into conservative mode, but still move the ball and get first downs effectively. Conservative mode does not mean 3 run plays for less than 10 yards.