12-11-2005, 11:21 PM
5 picks and two turnovers on downs in redzone, great defense

V4L
12-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Frickin right!

TOLD YA'LL K-ROB WAS THE MAN!!!

PurplePackerEater
12-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Vikings Rule and the rest of the NFC North drools!

:grin:

NordicNed
12-11-2005, 11:22 PM
What took you so long Ultra?....LOL

I thought the D played one of their best games yet.......

Things are looking mighty fine in Minny....And the Bears dropped one, so that makes the win that much more sweeter....

Still don't like the fact, our coaches continue to try to grind the clock with so much time left in the 4th...

We should go for the kill and thats that....

But it was a sweet win and another week for bragging can begin.......

Steelers are next, this will be a tough one for sure..

IL-Vike
12-11-2005, 11:24 PM
What a wonderful game! I am so excited to see Brad Johnson playing and playing so well. Everyone is playing so wonderful as a team. Living here in the middle of Bear-land, nothing could be sweeter than a Bear loss to Pittsburgh with a Viking win against St. Louis just seconds later.

sandviking
12-11-2005, 11:25 PM
I wonder if the bears are checking their rear view mirror?
'Cause I'm one step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break! -Linkin Park

SKOL VIKES! Great win today!

SJHILL
12-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Pretty good win. Thank goodness da Bears lost.

Mr. Purple
12-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Nice win..our defense is shinning! K-Rob is a steal...and I love this team!

carta4eva
12-11-2005, 11:30 PM
I gotta give out props to Marcus Johnson... although he had that one false start penalty, he completely shut down leonard little who has killed us in the past!

sandviking
12-11-2005, 11:30 PM
I didn't get to see the game, but I "saw" some of it on CBS Sportsline.com, and one thing that I noticed is that BJohnson doesn't put up great numbers, but the offence as a whole gels and works together for the victory. The defense is also stronger than blue-twisted steel. It seems like the egos have left the building. Let's keep the ball rolling!!

VikingsTw
12-11-2005, 11:31 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

What took you so long Ultra?....LOL

I thought the D played one of their best games yet.......

Things are looking mighty fine in Minny....And the Bears dropped one, so that makes the win that much more sweeter....

Still don't like the fact, our coaches continue to try to grind the clock with so much time left in the 4th...

We should go for the kill and thats that....
But it was a sweet win and another week for bragging can begin.......

Steelers are next, this will be a tough one for sure..

I agree 100% thats driving me crazy, we're putting alot of pressure on our defense, they spent alot of time on the field today and still held strong.

kramer9guy
12-11-2005, 11:33 PM
Good game. The defense looked really good today. And most importantly, another win. Plus, the bears lost. Whoo hoo!!!

SJHILL
12-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Michael Bennet played alright today.

LuckyVike
12-11-2005, 11:35 PM
It feels good to be a Vikings fan these days. Next week will be a test but lets not worry about that. Lets enjoy our 6th STRAIGHT win! The defense played solid and got the turnovers to help our offense. I love when the defense creates oppertunities for the offense. It was almost a fairy-tale ending when Sharper got the pick at the end.

Potus2028
12-11-2005, 11:36 PM
Yea.. Really awesome.. 4 picks? or 5.. Either way.. Glad to see sharper get another.

Schleppy
12-11-2005, 11:36 PM
Yeah! Nice Win! I thought I would get to see it, seeing the pack and lions play tonight (I live in Michigan), but NOOOOO! put the bears on both fox channels. Oh Well, we're on a roll. Any high-lites I wont see on ESPN would be greatly appreciated. skol

V4L
12-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Yah it was sweet that Sharper got his pick..

I love seeing Koren score more then anyone.. He is like a number 18 we had as a rookie in 98.. A playmaker!

AngloVike
12-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Whoo hoo... great game... anyone think that the Bears will suddenly be looking over their shoulders ?? time for them to start getting twitchy ! :cheers:

mnvikesfan11
12-11-2005, 11:38 PM
What a game vikes Defense came out and set the tone and the O did just enought to get the W great win Vikes!!

sandviking
12-11-2005, 11:38 PM
This is an old cleche, but we can't look past next week's opponent. The Ravens are out of the playoff picture, and can play with nothing to lose. Plus, we are on the road. Celebrate today, prepare tomorrow.

LuckyVike
12-11-2005, 11:39 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

Whoo hoo... great game... anyone think that the Bears will suddenly be looking over their shoulders ?? time for them to start getting twitchy ! :cheers:

Hopefully us breathing down the back of their necks will cause them to faulter even more.

whiteboy
12-11-2005, 11:40 PM
it's kinda funny how things change. the majority of us on ppo where callin for tice's head and talkin about who would would draft in the top 10. now we are on a six game winning streak, one game outta 1st place in the nfcn. during our six game win streak, our d has gotten better and better. next sunday will be a test for us jus like it was for chi. if we beat the steelers, i will know that this team could go deep in the playoffs. my hats off to the leaders on the vikings who stepped out in a critical time (after the loss to car), and lead this team to playing a higher level of football. i agree 100% with whoever said that it's killing them seeing the vikes trying to grind out the clock with too much time left. we need to be aggressive and go right for the opposing teams throat then. jus think, next sunday this time, we just might be tied for 1st the the nfcn. skol vikes!!!! nice convincing win today!!!!

CanuckVike
12-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Boy! What a difference having a defence makes! Much applause to the line for putting at least some pressure here and there, and extreme kudos to our pass d...that is what totally did it for us today. The O was averagely ok...too many dead zone series (what's with our line!!)

And one major shaking of my private parts in the general direction of those two field judges (#50 and #59) who totally missed the interference on K-Rob in the endzone...I mean what else are they supposed to do on a long pass like that but to look for interference and possession!...Those idiots should be docked dough for that level of incompetence.

Also, to #75 of the Rams...screw you for trying to roll over Pat Williams leg...you almost did him in you jerk! Good think PhatPat is a tough cookie.

V4L
12-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Yah I noticed that too Whiteboy.. I knew Tice was a decent coach.. I was all about getting different coodinators.. I guess I kinda like Cottrell now.. But i'm not sold on Loney..

ultravikingfan
12-11-2005, 11:44 PM
I had go to my son's wrestling meet so I missed 90% of the game.

Thanks god for DVD recorders!!! He hee!

vegasvike
12-11-2005, 11:44 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Frickin right!

TOLD YA'LL K-ROB WAS THE MAN!!!

A couple of years ago K-Rob said that Moss was the most overrated right then I hated him but now i see him in a new light

Prophet
12-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Nice win. Nice loss for the Bears. Takin' care of business.

RK.
12-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Great win today. :smile:

Next week will let us know how good or bad our team is. :cool:
I think the lack of offense by the Bears is about to catch up with them. :smile:

VikingMike
12-11-2005, 11:48 PM
"sandviking" wrote:

I didn't get to see the game, but I "saw" some of it on CBS Sportsline.com, and one thing that I noticed is that BJohnson doesn't put up great numbers, but the offence as a whole gels and works together for the victory. The defense is also stronger than blue-twisted steel. It seems like the egos have left the building. Let's keep the ball rolling!!

I didn't see the game either...looking at the stats, they beat us in a number of offensive stats, except the final score! And the "D" is awesome...5 int's, a sack, 2 fumbles recovered. This is what it's all about - a TEAM win! And yes, "sandviking" wrote:

the egos have left the building.

GreenBaySlackers
12-11-2005, 11:50 PM
"whiteboy" wrote:

it's kinda funny how things change. the majority of us on ppo where callin for tice's head and talkin about who would would draft in the top 10. now we are on a six game winning streak, one game outta 1st place in the nfcn. during our six game win streak, our d has gotten better and better. next sunday will be a test for us jus like it was for chi. if we beat the steelers, i will know that this team could go deep in the playoffs. my hats off to the leaders on the vikings who stepped out in a critical time (after the loss to car), and lead this team to playing a higher level of football. i agree 100% with whoever said that it's killing them seeing the vikes trying to grind out the clock with too much time left. we need to be aggressive and go right for the opposing teams throat then. jus think, next sunday this time, we just might be tied for 1st the the nfcn. skol vikes!!!! nice convincing win today!!!!
well, techinically we will have to wait until about midnight next sunday... but it's still a good thought :grin:

Wiggles67
"Potus2028" wrote:

Yea.. Really awesome.. 4 picks? or 5.. Either way.. Glad to see sharper get another.
we ended up with 5 picks and a fumble recovery

sdvikefan
Here we go now...

I....love....Harvard boy throwing picks....Jacko gettin' licked....K Rob showin' he aint' sick....and twins....
and I...LOVE...BJ playin' smart...Bennett rackin' up yards...the defense showin' heart....and twins....
and I LOVE...the Steel jackin' the Bears...Orton in Porter's crosshairs....Lovie's team headin' downstairs...and twins....
and I LOVE WEEK 14...AND I LOVE YOU TOO..

mogwai
12-11-2005, 11:51 PM
every win is huge.gave them great field position almost every time..hurry back kluwe and mike bennett has to tuck that ball away..great win

V4L
12-11-2005, 11:52 PM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

Here we go now...

I....love....Harvard boy throwing picks....Jacko gettin' licked....K Rob showin' he aint' sick....and twins....
and I...LOVE...BJ playin' smart...Bennett rackin' up yards...the defense showin' heart....and twins....
and I LOVE...the Steel jackin' the Bears...Orton in Porter's crosshairs....Lovie's team headin' downstairs...and twins....

:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO thats awesome dude! How long did that take?

whiteboy
12-11-2005, 11:52 PM
"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:

"whiteboy" wrote:

well, techinically we will have to wait until about midnight next sunday... but it's still a good thought :grin:

dam, i didn't even know they were playing sunday night. finally espn will be showing a decent game. hopefully the dirty birds will pull one out against chi. come on ron mexico!

sdvikefan
12-11-2005, 11:55 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

Here we go now...

lol, actually some of it was coming to me during the game...and of course the beer makes me more creative!

V4L
12-11-2005, 11:58 PM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

Here we go now...

lol, actually some of it was coming to me during the game...and of course the beer makes me more creative!

Right on man! Nice work that gave me a hell of a laugh

LuckyVike
12-11-2005, 11:59 PM
I like my line...

I...LOVE... Williams getting picks... EJ laying licks... Edinger nailing kicks... AND TWINSSSSSSSSSSS

Wiggles67
12-12-2005, 12:00 AM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

Here we go now...

and I LOVE WEEK 14...AND I LOVE YOU TOO..very nicely done! haha wish I would have been able to have a couple of shastas today while the game was on....instead I was stuck at work

V4L
12-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Vikes that is pretty good to man! Haha..

I love K-rob making people eat crow (except me Dont add in this part though).. Watching the rams team blow.. Watching vikes football in snow.. And Twinsssss!

sandviking
12-12-2005, 12:23 AM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

Here we go now...

Clever. Is that what they teach in Vermillion? JK. Very well put!

sdvikefan
12-12-2005, 12:29 AM
"sandviking" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

Here we go now...

Clever. Is that what they teach in Vermillion? JK. Very well put!

That, and how to get dead rats out of a grain elevator...lol! JK...thanks!

gregair13
12-12-2005, 12:31 AM
well done sd. i want one of those every week now.
its really all about the robinsons and williams on our team. add that in there somehow.

vegasvike
12-12-2005, 12:36 AM
I work with a lambs fan and earlier in the year when we were in 1-4 he wanted to make a bet with me, 40 dollars so I took it. He went on to talk shit about they hang 50 on us everytime we play them, well today he doesn't want to pay up his song is now "how are you going to brag about beating a 3rd string QB?!" Well in the record books this W wont have an astericks by it! I dont think that I will get my 40 from him though

pattyosviKING
12-12-2005, 12:36 AM
"whiteboy" wrote:

"whiteboy" wrote:

dam, i didn't even know they were playing sunday night. finally espn will be showing a decent game. hopefully the dirty birds will pull one out against chi. come on ron mexico!

And I will be there cheerin him on

whiteboy
12-12-2005, 12:40 AM
hell yeah, cheer one them dirty birds for me when you're there!

mnjamie
12-12-2005, 12:46 AM
"whiteboy" wrote:

Don't get too drunk on the win ... Tice still needs to go. The players are playing for themselves this season, that's how we are winning. The Coaching staff is still doing everything stupid in their power to help us loose games. Waaaaaaaaaay too conservative "O" play calling coming out of the half with a small lead ... Need to keep firing away !!!

WBLVikeBabe
12-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Just got back from the game, and while our offense didn't exactly play a stellar game, we still won so I'm not complaining. 6 in a row baby woo hoo! Let's hope we can beat the Steelers next week because if we don't I owe someone 20 bucks. Haha SKOL VIKES!!!

V4L
12-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Right on WBL.. Who did u go with?

whiteboy
12-12-2005, 12:51 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"whiteboy" wrote:

Don't get too drunk on the win ... Tice still needs to go. The players are playing for themselves this season, that's how we are winning. The Coaching staff is still doing everything stupid in their power to help us loose games. Waaaaaaaaaay too conservative "O" play calling coming out of the half with a small lead ... Need to keep firing away !!!

something didn't make any sense to me in your post. "The Coaching staff is still doing everything stupid in their power to help us loose games". we haven't lost a game since september (knock on wood). i think that there has been an improvement in the coaching staff. loney needs to go if we make the playoffs or not. i agree, we need to be more aggressive on offense, but when you do that, you tend to make more mistakes.... i'm not drunk on the win, just excited for the team and for all of us faithful fans....

V4L
12-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Yah we had a whole bunch of bad running plays.. atleast try a screen or a short slant or something when there is still that much time

COJOMAY
12-12-2005, 12:55 AM
While we can whoop and hollar and celebrate a win I am still very much concerned about our offense. We still don't have our running game untracked and we need to do that in order to beat the Steelers or any other top team. I know that there is some juggling going on but we just can't seem to break those running backs loose for sizeable games.
Right now I am still not confident we are a playoff caliber team but I hope I'm wrong.

michaelmazid
12-12-2005, 12:59 AM
what happend to Kevin Newman? I heard he has a sprained Knee?

V4L
12-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Our run game was actually pretty good man.. We didn't run much.. like 25 times.. And over 100 yards with 3 tds.. The passing game needs to pick up more.. But they were blitzing alot and keeping us under pressure

NordicNed
12-12-2005, 01:02 AM
I also thought the running game was okay at times during the game...

Our best Offensive series was after the Rams Tied it up at 13, we marched down the field and put it in...

Thats great when your O can do that for you...

V4L
12-12-2005, 01:02 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

what happend to Kevin Newman? I heard he has a sprained Knee?

Keith lol.. Not Kevin..

Yes he has a sprained knee.. I don't know anything about it though

COJOMAY
12-12-2005, 01:03 AM
That blitzing has been our nemisis all year long. I don't know why we can't seem to pick up those blocking assignments. When Brad had time today he hit every pass for good yardage.

whiteviking24
12-12-2005, 01:25 AM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

Just got back from the game, and while our offense didn't exactly play a stellar game, we still won so I'm not complaining. 6 in a row baby woo hoo! Let's hope we can beat the Steelers next week because if we don't I owe someone 20 bucks. Haha SKOL VIKES!!!

I'm in the same spot and agree 100% ....My supervisor is a Steelers fan to the bone so I bet him 20 as well

Go Vikings

PurplePackerEater
12-12-2005, 01:32 AM

"whiteboy" wrote:

Well, technically it depends on what time zone you're in. :wink:

:grin:

bono
12-12-2005, 02:01 AM
Congrats on the consecutive wins, Viking Lovers!
I bet this win feels even better with the Bears losing, eh?!!!
It just might come down to the last game of the season for both, Vikings and Bears. Now that'll be a great game to watch, IMO.
....There's this Bear fanatic at my place of work (sports dept.), who -after the loss to the steelers on today --stated something about the Bears NOT losing to the Vikings...they (bears) beat 'em once this season...will go for the sweep in the end.
Well, I'm no Viking Lover, but I think -especially after what the Brad Johnsonful Vikes have been doing for the last I don't know how long -the Vikings have an even better chance of winning the game. Bears have no offense to speak of. Vikings have a sufficent offense. Heck, my Packers couldn've beat 'em last week, but, eh, things got a little "cheesy" in the later stages. No props going to the Bears either.

Any-who,
I still believe the Bears will win the North, but the Vikings will clinch a wild card birth.

Turboe
12-12-2005, 02:54 AM
Sunday thoughts. Did anyone catch after KRob ran the first TD in. Fox went to commercial with "Koo Koo Ka Choo, Mrs. Robinson" playing fading into commercial.

Also not a Vikes/Rams thought, but did anyone see Erlacher get run over by a Bus on the goal line today. Erlacher was in perfect position and the Bus just ran him right over.

marshallvike
12-12-2005, 02:55 AM
how is pwilliams?

Prophet
12-12-2005, 02:56 AM
If we had an 8-5 record in the AFC East we would have a 2 game lead for the division.

The Wildcard battle is getting tougher.

Turboe
12-12-2005, 02:59 AM
"marshallvike" wrote:

how is pwilliams?

Didnt I see PW back in there at the end of the game or not?

realviking
12-12-2005, 03:13 AM
I don't mean to burst everyone's bubble, but the offense could be alot better that it is going right now. The emergence of the defense could be a factor in this. The offense may not feel that they have to be as productive because the defense is playing like world-beaters.

The running game must improve for this team to be a force in the league. This running back by committee is not going to work in the long term. Luckily, Shawn Alexander is available after this year!!

Protection for the QB must also improve; the o-line has been at inconsistent.

It's important to point out whatever failings there are so that they can be improved!

Lotza
12-12-2005, 03:37 AM
bring it on Steelers!

lets do to the steelers what the bears could not!!!

midgensa
12-12-2005, 03:40 AM
That is right ... bring on the Steelers and we can polish off another team's playoff hopes!!! 11-5 here we come!

cajunvike
12-12-2005, 03:43 AM
"bono" wrote:

Congrats on the consecutive wins, Viking Lovers!
I bet this win feels even better with the Bears losing, eh?!!!
It just might come down to the last game of the season for both, Vikings and Bears. Now that'll be a great game to watch, IMO.
....There's this Bear fanatic at my place of work (sports dept.), who -after the loss to the steelers on today --stated something about the Bears NOT losing to the Vikings...they (bears) beat 'em once this season...will go for the sweep in the end.
Well, I'm no Viking Lover, but I think -especially after what the Brad Johnsonful Vikes have been doing for the last I don't know how long -the Vikings have an even better chance of winning the game. Bears have no offense to speak of. Vikings have a sufficent offense. Heck, my Packers couldn've beat 'em last week, but, eh, things got a little "cheesy" in the later stages. No props going to the Bears either.

Any-who,
I still believe the Bears will win the North, but the Vikings will clinch a wild card birth.

Hey, your boys still have another shot at them in two weeks...so they can still put a hurtin' on them this season! Of course, us Vikings fans wouldn't mind seeing that one bit! :lol:

midgensa
12-12-2005, 03:44 AM
"realviking" wrote:

I don't mean to burst everyone's bubble, but the offense could be alot better that it is going right now. The emergence of the defense could be a factor in this. The offense may not feel that they have to be as productive because the defense is playing like world-beaters.

The running game must improve for this team to be a force in the league. This running back by committee is not going to work in the long term. Luckily, Shawn Alexander is available after this year!!

It's important to point out whatever failings there are so that they can be improved!

If you don't want to be a "bubble burster" then don't ... it really is not that hard to resist posting ...
And thank you for pointing out that our offense is not great ... I don't think any of us has noticed ... and Shawn Alexander does not even exist ... but Shaun Alexander will not be on the market, you can take that to the bank ... and our O-line has been inconsitent really? Well hot d@mn thanks for the insight on that one ...
Don't waste space in the celebration thread pointing out slight flaws in a SIX-GAME WINNING STREAK ... create another thread with a title like "Hey, none of you really want to read this garbage" ... then you can read it all you want and not worry about "bursting" our ignorant bubbles ... :roll:

midgensa
12-12-2005, 03:48 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

If we had an 8-5 record in the AFC East we would have a 2 game lead for the division.

The Wildcard battle is getting tougher.

If we traded places with New England, otherwise we would just be tied ... and it would still only be a one-game lead over the Dolphins ...

VKG4LFE
12-12-2005, 03:53 AM
Yeah baby!! That sure made the hardest week of my life a lot better!!

V4L
12-12-2005, 04:09 AM
K-robs Metrodome leap was sick!!

hovan
12-12-2005, 04:23 AM
bout time there was a defense in Minne that made third string quarterbacks look like third string quarterbacks. I grew so tired of watching Danny Kanels, Doug Fluties, Shaun Kings, Jim Millers put up Marino like numbers on us. THIS game coming up is huge.

V-Unit
12-12-2005, 04:57 AM
It is nice to see us rising to the challemge week after week. SKOL!

WBLVikeBabe
12-12-2005, 05:00 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"realviking" wrote:

If you don't want to be a "bubble burster" then don't ... it really is not that hard to resist posting ...
And thank you for pointing out that our offense is not great ... I don't think any of us has noticed ... and Shawn Alexander does not even exist ... but Shaun Alexander will not be on the market, you can take that to the bank ... and our O-line has been inconsitent really? Well hot d@mn thanks for the insight on that one ...
Don't waste space in the celebration thread pointing out slight flaws in a SIX-GAME WINNING STREAK ... create another thread with a title like "Hey, none of you really want to read this garbage" ... then you can read it all you want and not worry about "bursting" our ignorant bubbles ... :roll:

RealViking I know you were just trying to state your opinion, but I agree with Mid, we won so we should be celbrating...
Celebrate Good Times Come on! duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh There's a Party Going On Right Here......
Woo Hoo Celebration thread Vikes won again!!

cc21
12-12-2005, 05:33 AM
Did you guys see my boy Chavous stuff Steven Jackson at the line when the Rams were close to the goaline? Who says Chavous can't hit. He was a scrappy SOB today.

Vikes congrats on another W! Let's keep it going. Danny K-Rob did so awsome today, that guys is a stud with a capital S!

WBLVikeBabe
12-12-2005, 06:02 AM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

Did you guys see my boy Chavous stuff Steven Jackson at the line when the Rams were close to the goaline? Who says Chavous can't hit. He was a scrappy SOB today.

Vikes congrats on another W! Let's keep it going. Danny K-Rob did so awsome today, that guys is a stud with a capital S!

Every week I'm liking K-Rob more and more!