PDA

View Full Version : Vikings | Smith wants to return to the Vikings

Prophet
12-08-2005, 03:47 PM
KFFL
Vikings | Smith wants to return to the Vikings
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 06:03:21 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Onterrio Smith told the newspaper he wants to return to the team in 2006. In his first public comments since he was suspended for one year by the NFL for violating its substance abuse policy, Smith said the punishment compelled him to do "some real soul searching" about the direction of his life. "The suspension saved me from some serious trouble," Smith told the Pioneer Press Wednesday, Dec. 7. "It could have been a serious arrest, an accident - anything could have occurred." A league spokesman said Smith's reinstatement will not be considered until the offseason, and Vikings head coach Mike Tice wasn't available to comment. Vikings owner Zygi Wilf told the Pioneer Press on Oct. 23 that Smith's future had not been determined. Asked if he has any regrets, Smith said, "The only regret I have is for the people that I hurt."

mnjamie
12-08-2005, 03:51 PM
He's done ... toast ... No way he is in a Vikes uniform next year. Not after all the stuff earlier in the year and the way Wilfi wants this team ran.

tarkenton10
12-08-2005, 03:53 PM
of course this moron is going to say those things. He would have to be THE dumbest person on earth to say I don't want to play for the Vikings pass the bong please!!! c'mon, this guy is a dirtbag and I don't want him back. let him come back to the team and play well in preseason and trade his arse and get something for this piece of sh*t!!!

cyviking
12-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Ok O. Smith has some problems but he is a decent enough guy. Last time I was at the dome he was one of very few players that was signing stuff for fans pregame. Most players simple walk on by ignoring the fans but Smith took the time and actually quickly chatted with everyone he signed for. While this has nothing to do with his personal habits I think its nice to know he is at least down to earth enough to appreciate fans. It tells me he probably has a good heart just has some serious issues.

snowinapril
12-08-2005, 03:59 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

KFFL
Vikings | Smith wants to return to the Vikings
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 06:03:21 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Onterrio Smith told the newspaper he wants to return to the team in 2006. In his first public comments since he was suspended for one year by the NFL for violating its substance abuse policy, Smith said the punishment compelled him to do "some real soul searching" about the direction of his life. "The suspension saved me from some serious trouble," Smith told the Pioneer Press Wednesday, Dec. 7. "It could have been a serious arrest, an accident - anything could have occurred." A league spokesman said Smith's reinstatement will not be considered until the offseason, and Vikings head coach Mike Tice wasn't available to comment. Vikings owner Zygi Wilf told the Pioneer Press on Oct. 23 that Smith's future had not been determined. Asked if he has any regrets, Smith said, "The only regret I have is for the people that I hurt."

Those are some pretty vague answers.

Oh well, let's wait and see what happens. I am going to avoid any personal opinions on this, because without being in the room with the guy or knowing a lot more than what he told the Press, WE have know idea if he has changed or if he is telling the truth.

ultravikingfan
12-08-2005, 04:01 PM
"cyviking" wrote:

Ok O. Smith has some problems but he is a decent enough guy. Last time I was at the dome he was one of very few players that was signing stuff for fans pregame. Most players simple walk on by ignoring the fans but Smith took the time and actually quickly chatted with everyone he signed for. While this has nothing to do with his personal habits I think its nice to know he is at least down to earth enough to appreciate fans. It tells me he probably has a good heart just has some serious issues.

All that is fine and dandy. But, he has problems with drugs, fake dicks, and groping women who have had too much to drink.

whackthepack
12-08-2005, 04:03 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"cyviking" wrote:

All that is fine and dandy. But, he has problems with drugs, fake dicks, and groping women who have had too much to drink.

Plus peeing in an elevator, that is just disgusting!

Prophet
12-08-2005, 04:18 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

The big three I reckon. Drugs, fake dicks, and drunk women. I guess if he got rid of the drug problem he may still have a problem with the women when he totes a fake dick around with him.

"cyvikings" wrote:

Ok O. Smith has some problems but he is a decent enough guy...

See the big three.

"cyvikings" wrote:

It tells me he probably has a good heart just has some serious issues.

It's good to see players do that, realize who their real employers are. No doubt he has some serious issues...that's an understatement.

I'm still for letting him walk. I think his character is beyond questionable. Why?

1. He liked drugs. No biggie, happens.

2. He likes fake dicks. Weasel move trying to cover up what he knows is wrong. He was conscious enough to know that he was doing wrong and trying to cover it up with a fake dick.

3. He likes women. Seems normal, it may even be normal to hit on a drunk beautiful woman. But to sexually assault a mentally challenged woman is lower than scum and is a character flaw--one step bigger than an 'oops'.

Vikings | Police and Courts: O. Smith
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:36:51 -0700

Updating an Oct. 14 story, the Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings RB Onterrio Smith is being sued for $150,000 by an unnamed 21-year-old woman who claims Smith sexually assaulted her last year. The lawsuit claims she suffers from a lifelong illness and her physician describes her as an "individual with disabilities." She has a form of mental impairment stemming from fetal alcohol syndrome. The lawsuit mentions that a second Vikings player was involved in the attack, but that player is not identified because he "met his legal obligations," the woman's lawyer, Lori Peterson, said.

Let the bastard walk.

cyviking
12-08-2005, 04:28 PM
OK im being quoted alot here for my stance on O. Smith,lol. I can totally understand why he should be gone and why people want him gone he has done some creepy/illeagle/disgusting stuff. But I will forever remember the guy that was signing caps,balls, ect for little kids and talking to the fans before the game. It was very nice to see him doing that when the rest of the team was ignoring everyone.

Del Rio
12-08-2005, 04:35 PM
I think he is on the team next year. If Tice is on the team I am certain O. Smith has a shot.

He did his time and if he is physically able to play then suit him up.

Wilf has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is going to clean up the organization. He has written a code of conduct, he is looking to hire a few people but as far as actions against players he has done nothing.

He needs to say the right things and act in a correct manner because he is rubbing elbows with the big wigs trying to get a new stadium.

Not saying he wont crack the whip, but I hear a whole hell of a lot of praise going around that he is going to clean house, and he is this and that, but frankly there is nothing that really stands out to prove he will.

I would not at all be surprised if O. Smith returns as a RB for us. I ripped him when he did it, he got suspended and payed the price and when the season is done he gets another shot.

ultravikingfan
12-08-2005, 04:37 PM
"cyviking" wrote:

OK im being quoted alot here for my stance on O. Smith,lol. I can totally understand why he should be gone and why people want him gone he has done some creepy/illeagle/disgusting stuff. But I will forever remember the guy that was signing caps,balls, ect for little kids and talking to the fans before the game. It was very nice to see him doing that when the rest of the team was ignoring everyone.

He is trying to give himself a postive image.

skum
12-08-2005, 04:40 PM
We must admit that he's a great RB, but he's a fool of the field, he should learn something from K-Rob.. i actually hope he stays, i would rather have him than a rookie RB like Maroney.. and then draft a lineman or the Guard Gilles..

Prophet
12-08-2005, 04:50 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

3...to sexually assault a mentally challenged woman is lower than scum and is a character flaw--one step bigger than an 'oops'.

I re-read that and realized that would describe the relationships of most Packer fans.

PurpleMafia
12-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Damn! For a second there I thought you meant Robert Smith :wink:

Anyways, I agree with all of you. I can't wait untill this punk leaves Minnesota. Send him to Dallas, Jerry Jones can deal with him!

Im still crossing my fingers that Maroney will still be there when its our turn to draft. We could also use a nice O-lineman like D'Brickashaw Ferguson, but he will be long gone.

Time to get back to some more school work

see ya tonight fellas,

Dave

ColoradoVike
12-08-2005, 05:11 PM
I think he competes for a spot on the vikes roster next year too. The fact is, he has been one of the better on the field RBs that the organization has acquired in the past 5 years. And as DR mentions, THE CODE really has no teeth, it's superficial PR right now. His proclivities aside, if he can demonstrate he is cleaned up, then I bet he dresses in training camp next year.

The vikings seem to be a place for second chances and it has worked well in a few circumstances. So, I don't see why they don't give him a chance. Really, the vikes have nothing to lose by doing so.

Jviking
12-08-2005, 05:30 PM
I think he will have a chance to play for us next year. Especially if we have coach tice.

V4L
12-08-2005, 05:34 PM
I'd take him over Mewelde and Bennett ANY DAY!

Wiggles67
12-08-2005, 05:39 PM
I am just happy to at least hear something from him! i was starting to wonder if he was just hiding out taking bong rips all day by himself!

This isnt enough to convince me he deserves another shot. I would like to see come action taken to prove to the Vikings and its fans that he really has done stuff to take steps in the right direction. I would love to have in back as a player on the field but ANY kind of mess up would make me lose total faith in him and dont care how well he is doing on the field I wouldnt want to see him in purple.

yes, he has had 3 chances so far but some people dont consider a slap on the wrist a "chance". and some people need a true eye opening event to realize their actions. I would say with his potential he is definately worth a risk, only if he signs a smaller contract.

But when it is all said and done I dont think he will be back with us next year

V4L
12-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Did he go to rehab? If so man a stint there should help.. Rehab sucks hardcore.. SOOOOO BORING.. And if you have a mind you should know this isn't who u should be if ur in the NFL.. Kinda like Koren did

Big C
12-08-2005, 05:58 PM
I've never been too high on Onterrio (sorry bad pun!) but if the dude is serious we might as well have him back. Giving K-Rob a second chance has panned out well. If Smith is still on his rookie contract we might as well keep him since Bennet will be gone (another team will sign him up in free agency. He is running really well now).

We just need Tice to sit down with him and "look him in the eye". Should check his pants too in case there are any stray whizzinators along for the ride.

V4L
12-08-2005, 06:03 PM
I have a feeling he will be back next year.. We need a RB who can carry 25 plus times if needed and make the best of each carry.. Bennett is alright but nothing special and I don't think he could make it if he got to 30 carries.. Memo is CONSTINTLEY hurt but he is talented.. I think Onterrio is just as talented and will stay on the field for us

Vikes
12-08-2005, 06:21 PM
haha the big three....

gregair13
12-08-2005, 06:33 PM
i dont want him anywhere near us next year. why would you want a drugged up wizzanator loser on your team? knowing us, he will be back, and i think its a horrible move. you can quote me on this if you want and ill eat crow if he is successful with us next year.

nephilimstorm
12-08-2005, 06:41 PM
for some reason...i like onterrio...but i believe he should be rehabed and then given a second chance...Moe is gonna be gone prolly and bennett will be lost in FA...so im also thinking there will be more money for the cap...to bring in some more talent and to sign a great rookie(s). I am a believer that the team will prolly needs to let go of onterrio, moe will prolly retire maybe; freeing up more space to bring in some solid linebackers etc.
But if i where the owner...id give him a one -year and see what he does for 2006

tarkenton10
12-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Del - there are few times when I disagree with you but this is one of them. He may deserve another chance but in my book on another team. He had THREE CHANCES to change his ways. Let him go elsewhere like K-Rob and prove himself. He has burned his bridges with me!!!

Muggsy
12-08-2005, 06:44 PM
I dunno 'bout dis mug. He needs to git his act togedda, y'know? I hope he duz, but, I tink he should do it somewheres else, y'know? Koren Robinson got his act togedda, it looks like, so mebbe Onterrio could too. But, I tink mebbe he should do it wit some udder team, y'know? I tink he wore out his welcome here.

Del Rio
12-08-2005, 06:48 PM
"tarkenton10" wrote:

Del - there are few times when I disagree with you but this is one of them. He may deserve another chance but in my book on another team. He had THREE CHANCES to change his ways. Let him go elsewhere like K-Rob and prove himself. He has burned his bridges with me!!!

I'm not sold on the idea myself Tark.

I think Tice brings him back, and I don't think Wilf will stop him.

I don't know what he does or does not deserve. If he does get back on a team anywhere he will be one lucky MF.

DCPologirl
12-08-2005, 07:04 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Did he go to rehab? If so man a stint there should help.. Rehab sucks hardcore.. SOOOOO BORING.. And if you have a mind you should know this isn't who u should be if ur in the NFL.. Kinda like Koren did

How would you know that Vikez....hmmmm? :shock:

shockzilla
12-08-2005, 07:09 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I was wondering the same exact thing... 'fess up Vikez - how WOULD you know, huh?!?!

:lol:

V4L
12-08-2005, 07:26 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

I was wondering the same exact thing... 'fess up Vikez - how WOULD you know, huh?!?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've had a few friends who went.. The treatment center here is haunted too so that made it worse.. I've never needed rehab :grin:

Ltrey33
12-08-2005, 08:06 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"tarkenton10" wrote:

I'm not sold on the idea myself Tark.

I think Tice brings him back, and I don't think Wilf will stop him.

I don't know what he does or does not deserve. If he does get back on a team anywhere he will be one lucky MF.

I agree with you on this one Del. I bet he's back in a Vikes uniform next year. I think if this were still Red's team, he'd be going somewhere else. But the fact that Wilf may keep Tice, along with the fact that Onterrio hasn't had any violations while Wilf has owned the team, means that Smith plays here next year. Personally, I'd welcome him back, if he proves himself to be clean and still able to play football that is. I'd be willing to take the risk of looking like a fool to have a back like him.

VegasLadyJae
12-08-2005, 08:27 PM
He will be back after he personally says he is sorry to the new owner, the staff and the team......I think this guy finds Koren Robinson as an inspiration.......He sees that Koren ( so far ) has made a difference, he probably feels like he can as well and wants to prove it to the Minnesota Viking fans.....I'll welcome him if he apologizes publicly ( to fans and season ticket holders ) and privately.....Everyone makes mistakes.....They just aren't as wild and stupid as this guy.......but like I said I'd take him back ( on a one strike basis )........

snowinapril
12-08-2005, 08:34 PM
"VegasLadyJae" wrote:

He will be back after he personally says he is sorry to the new owner, the staff and the team......I think this guy finds Koren Robinson as an inspiration.......He sees that Koren ( so far ) has made a difference, he probably feels like he can as well and wants to prove it to the Minnesota Viking fans.....I'll welcome him if he apologizes publicly ( to fans and season ticket holders ) and privately.....Everyone makes mistakes.....They just aren't as wild and stupid as this guy.......but like I said I'd take him back ( on a one strike basis )........

Heck, ONE strike. He is on a NONE strike basis. He has no more strikes. He is out of football with one more strike. He is living his 9th life right now. In that sense, restructure if it is possible with a clause that states the Vikes can recover money if he gets kicked out. We need to tighten his leash though on the non-NFL issues.

If you look at it like that, how can you not take a chance on him again if it is a minimal $ amount involved. He is the one that has everything to lose.

ultravikingfan
12-08-2005, 09:21 PM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

What kind of rehab is there for fake plastic dicks?

Is that the rehab you went to? :razz:

midgensa
12-08-2005, 09:24 PM
It is worth a chance on him as long as you can collect if he screws up, otherwise, the risk is far too great that this guy could be out of football within a year.

Lotza
12-08-2005, 09:29 PM
i for one want him back.

(runs under the desk to protect from cyber pounding)

sunny
12-08-2005, 09:41 PM
If we want a running back on a NONE strike basis I'd rather have Ricky Williams. But if it was up to me, I would not take either. Send him out the door with Tice and have Ziggi build his own team.

As much as it hurts to admit the Vikes are turning into a rebuilding team. Culpeper out/hurt/may never be the same, O-line needs serious help, LB need help, fair running backs at best.

sunny
12-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Lotza, no need to run under your desk, everyone is entiteled to their opinion.

TARKenton
12-08-2005, 09:59 PM
And Koren Robinson was a drunk. Nobody is bashing him right now. Oh, thats beacuse hes blowing up. Wilf cant say he doesnt want Smith because of "addiction problems". he would be a hypocrate. let smith back for training camp and preseason next year. lets see what hes done to improve himself both mentally and physically. if he comes to camp and looks like s-hit, see ya pal! if he shows that he is the onterrio smith we have all wanted him to be, we have our starter.

Prophet
12-08-2005, 10:09 PM
"sunny" wrote:

...As much as it hurts to admit the Vikes are turning into a rebuilding team...

I disagree. Sure, there are weak spots that need to be addressed, but I think the team is the closest to thing to the real deal as any team the vikings have put on the field for a long time. I like that the D is coming along and the special teams are playing well. Grab a solid MLB and fill in a few gaps on the O-line and get a meat-and-potatoes RB and the Vikes are ready to roll....oh yeah, and get a real coach or a better supporting staff for the current coach.

Wiggles67
12-08-2005, 10:22 PM
"TARKenton" wrote:

And Koren Robinson was a drunk. Nobody is bashing him right now. Oh, thats beacuse hes blowing up. Wilf cant say he doesnt want Smith because of "addiction problems". he would be a hypocrate. let smith back for training camp and preseason next year. lets see what hes done to improve himself both mentally and physically. if he comes to camp and looks like s-hit, see ya pal! if he shows that he is the onterrio smith we have all wanted him to be, we have our starter.
OS has a little more of a track record then just his addiction. Robinson has admitted his problems dealt with them and faced them head on. OS got caught twice then had the whizzinator to try and cover up his problem. Only to later be accused of sexually abusing a girl. Plus Koren came out right away to seek treatment and deal with these issues. This is the only thing I've heard from OS since he was suspended.

smootloot
12-08-2005, 11:36 PM
they were just talking on espns pti. not a show i normally watch but they said that onterrio was glad that the nfl had suspended him for a year. he has changed and it has made him a better person and father. that it had changed his life. he also said he wants to be back with the vikings next year. do you think that they will let him back? i think that they will give him a one year one million dollar deal something small and see if he pans out. if he doesnt i think that they can just let him go.

V4L
12-08-2005, 11:40 PM
I doubt he would get a million.. Give him league minimum and see if he pans out.. Seriously I want him back.. I was glad he got suspended and wanted him gone but MM and Bennett aren't the answer!

sparkyfry
12-08-2005, 11:42 PM
It certainly wouldn't be a bad idea, so they won't have to turn to Bennett when Mewelde gets injured.

smootloot
12-08-2005, 11:43 PM
does anyone know the league minimum for a running back

stek
12-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Sweet!...we can be the team of ex alcoholics and potheads!

Actually, if he really has turned around, I would not mind seeing him back. Bennett's gone next year, and if we don't pick up a great back in the draft it's down to fason and mewelde. As much as I like mewelde, he's prone to injury and fason is an unknown as of now (why don't we play him in more than short yardage situations??). Onterrio's a good running back.

stek
12-08-2005, 11:45 PM
We have the money next year.

sharper42
12-09-2005, 01:00 AM
id be suprised if i saw ontterrio in a uniform next year

mogwai
12-09-2005, 01:10 AM
onterrio will be back next year,hopefully in minny. a 3 month rehab in mass. going to meetings it's a start. unlike the past 2 times getting caught.sometimes you have to hit bottom to get help.this much i do know about.give him another chance

TheViking
12-09-2005, 01:19 AM
I don't want anything to do with O. Smith. Release him let him walk whatever; just don't bring him back to this team. All the players know what happens if you get busted for drugs in the NFL. He got busted one time to many times and he knew the consequences. I'll take a pass, but I heard that there will be a great running back out of Washington State that could be drafted in the infamous Vikings 4th round. Just throwing that out there.

Guruzen
12-09-2005, 03:32 AM
As long as he stays out of trouble, losing him will be yet ANOTHER bonehead move. Smith is a stud RB and we have all the bargaining power if we take him back.

I don't care about his past and I don't care what he does off the field. As long as he wins games and supports the team he should be playing.

Do you really want to see him picked up by another team and then go on to have a 1500 yard season???

Lotza
12-09-2005, 03:59 AM
"smootloot" wrote:

does anyone know the league minimum for a running back

dunno but i say we pay him that

singersp
12-09-2005, 04:11 AM
Posted on Wed, Dec. 07, 2005

In first comments since suspension, contrite Smith wants to return

BY SEAN JENSEN

Knight Ridder Newspapers

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Nearly seven months ago, Onterrio Smith endured a very public airing of his ongoing drug problems.

In his first public comments since he was suspended for one year by the NFL for violating its substance abuse policy, Smith said the punishment compelled him to do "some real soul searching" about the direction of his life.

"The suspension saved me from some serious trouble," Smith told the St. Paul Pioneer Press on Wednesday. "It could have been a serious arrest, an accident - anything could have occurred.

"It was a real wake-up call - no doubt about that," Smith said. "I was partying, drinking and doing this and that, and I was still doing good on the field. But I wasn't able to excel up to my talent because I was doing other things instead of focusing on my profession."

In a wide-ranging interview Wednesday, Smith discussed his drug rehabilitation efforts and his aspirations to return to the NFL and the Vikings next season.

A league spokesman said Smith's reinstatement will not be considered until the offseason, and Vikings coach Mike Tice wasn't available to comment. Vikings owner Zygi Wilf told the Pioneer Press on Oct. 23 that Smith's future had not been determined.

"I haven't decided anything. I need to meet with him first," Wilf said. "I can't make a decision until I meet him. I won't judge him based on what's written in the press."

Smith's agent, Doug Hendrickson, said the running back has not met with Wilf.

"I have not had any discussions whatsoever with the Vikings," Hendrickson said. "But I assume they will take him back."

Many assumed Smith was suspended after he was caught at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in April with a drug-masking device called "The Original Whizzinator." But Hendrickson insisted the device had nothing to do with his suspension. Hendrickson, though, declined to say why Smith was suspended, citing confidentiality restrictions.

Smith doesn't care anymore.

"Like my grandmother says, everything happens for a reason. The situation with the Whizzinator went down for a particular reason," Smith said. "I don't know what it was. But I know I have become a better man, a better father, and a better relative; a different guy to be around."

Smith said the incident initially rocked his family. He said a friend gave him the device and told him, "If you're going to continue to do what you're doing, then this device will work for you." But Smith said he realized the device would not beat the NFL's drug testing that requires players to provide samples in front of the tester.

"That device was in a compartment of my bag that I completely forgot about. But I'm glad it was that instead of some marijuana I forgot. It would have been more of a case than if I was caught with the Whizzinator."

After the incident. Smith cried separately in conversations with his mother, Terri Garrison, his grandmother, Margaret Johnson, and his girlfriend.

Of course it was embarrassing for me and my family," Smith said. "I didn't want it to happen, but it happened for a reason, and it was a rude awakening."

Asked if he has any regrets, Smith said, "The only regret I have is for the people that I hurt.

"In Sacramento, I'm an icon. A lot of young people look up to me in my community, and for them to see me to fall off like that, it took a piece away from everyone in my community.

"All I could tell them was, `Don't go off what happened. Go off what's going to happen.' "

According to Hendrickson, the NFL's only mandate to Smith was that he undergo a drug test twice a week. But Smith told Hendrickson that he wanted to check himself into a drug rehabilitation facility, and he settled on a nearly three-month, live-in program in Massachusetts.

While there, Smith learned a lot about himself, much of which he didn't like.

"It was strange that it took for me to get to this point and look at myself like I did," Smith said. "I wasn't liking it. Actually, I was having fun. But I wasn't happy.

"I wasn't happy."

Smith credited the NFL for taking such a hard-line approach with him.

"It's an A-plus for guys in my situation, and with the baggage I came with, for them to cut the strings on me," Smith said. "I don't think nothing else would have gotten me to the point I am now."

Now Smith lives in Marina del Rey, Calif., where he soon will begin training athletes preparing for the NFL combine. He also might help move equipment for a TV producer.

He is short on money, relying on assistance from his girlfriend and stepfather.

"It's a struggle, no doubt about that," Smith said. "But I'm making the best out of what I got. I'm living OK. It ain't like how I was living in the NFL.

"But I'm happy, and I'm doing well. I can't complain about my situation."

Smith meets with two different counselors four times a week, for upward of eight hours.

"One counselor is a one-on-one session. I go and talk to him about everything in my life: my kids, my family, things I want to get accomplished in the future," Smith said. "Then in the group setting, I go in and we talk about how our day went, what's been going on in our lives, cravings about using."

Smith said his priorities have changed.

"My hunger is at a different level right now," Smith said. "I go to the gym, and I look in the mirror, and I see myself in the warm-up line. I start throwing punches at the mirror, and the energy level shoots through the roof."

Smith said he imagined how different the Vikings' season would have been if he had been in the lineup, and he lamented not being a "contributor."

His teammates also think about Smith.

"I wonder how he would have played in certain situations," Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie said. "It would be a little different, because he brings a little something to the table, too."

McKinnie said is encouraged to hear that Smith was rehabbing and Smith deserved a chance to return to the Vikings.

"I hope he's getting it together so he can come back here and be productive for us next season," McKinnie said. "Everybody makes mistakes. The team should at least give him an opportunity to show he's learned from his mistakes."

McKinnie questioned why Smith hadn't done a better job of communicating with his teammates. But Smith said he needed to focus on himself, and he separated himself from football.

"Right now, I won't say it's the last thing on my mind," Smith said of football. "But it's in the back of my mind. I have a ways to go before reinstatement. I'm just focusing and educating myself to the rehabilitation program and getting in shape.

"I've got a lot on my plate right now. I have to concentrate on what I'm doing. I'm really dedicating myself to rehab and looking to come out on the better end of it."

Smith said he has been encouraged by the progress of receiver Koren Robinson, who overcame substance abuse problems during the offseason. Robinson was released by the Seattle Seahawks after a DUI arrest, and he signed with the Vikings after he checked out of a rehabilitation center in South Carolina.

"I don't really know the guy that well. But I know his situation and what he went through, and for him to come out the way he is, is a positive for a guy like me, to actually see that and see how well he's doing.

"He has been through things like I have been through. When I meet him in the flesh, there'll be an automatic bond."

Smith said he is motivated to return to the Vikings because he believes he disappointed his teammates, the organization and the community.

"I would never just want to leave the Vikings in the wind like that," Smith said. "I'm a family with the guys. If I come back, then I'd like to be successful in Minnesota.

"That's something that's in my mind, to prove to the Vikings that I'm a new and improved guy. I don't want to say I owed them something. But I want to make up something to them that I took away from them."

Still, Smith acknowledged his reinstatement in May is not a given. But he said he has been as "compliant" as possible. Hendrickson said Smith has passed all of his drug tests.

"Nothing they asked me was mandatory. It was self-willing, and me stepping up to the plate, after talking to my mom and grandmother.

"If the reinstatement don't happen, then all I can say is, I was compliant, and I did everything they asked of me. If I wasn't reinstated, I would be discouraged."

Hendrickson said the NFL has complimented Smith on his progress.

"He's done everything the right way," Hendrickson said. "He's taken every step, and he's fulfilled every obligation he's needed to fulfill up until reinstatement. They're very pleased with what he's done and how he's done it.

"I'm very proud of him," Hendrickson said. "He's done a heck of a job, and I think he's going to have a long successful life, as well as a career in the NFL."

singersp
12-09-2005, 04:17 AM
I say we give him a shot just like we did for Koren.

SWAYZE74
12-09-2005, 05:06 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

He's done ... toast ... No way he is in a Vikes uniform next year. Not after all the stuff earlier in the year and the way Wilfi wants this team ran.

um yeah...hes had like what, 4 chances...isnt that the NFL policy? 4 times in the system and you get a year probation? umm.. Buh-Bye...

peace...

SWAYZE74
12-09-2005, 05:08 AM
"SWAYZE74" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

um yeah...hes had like what, 4 chances...isnt that the NFL policy? 4 times in the system and you get a year probation? umm.. Buh-Bye...

peace...

heck ill quote myself...at Ontario's pace...id rather have rickey...he has a few more chances to smoke the Doobies...

peace...

Guruzen
12-09-2005, 05:16 AM
So let Denny Green pick him up for peanuts and end up giving him a 1500 yard season? NO WAY!

I say let him battle it out in training camp and redo his contract with a clause that says if he screws up again he gets nothing! Pay him at the end of the season :lol:

singersp
12-09-2005, 05:21 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

"shockzilla" wrote:

"DCPologirl" wrote:

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've had a few friends who went.. The treatment center here is haunted too so that made it worse.. I've never needed rehab :grin:

If your friends thought rehab was so boring, my guess is they didn't go by choice. I'm not dissing your friends Vikez, so don't take it the wrong way.

It can work for those who choose to be there.

Rehab is important in having a successful recovery program. It's where you learn the neccessary "tools" you'll need to make it once you leave.

Skyliner
12-09-2005, 05:56 AM
If smith is gonna be back next year he's gonna have to prove himself in what he does in his off time. The viking organization isn't about to start cutting player who do dumb/illegal things, otherwise we're gonna be need a bunch of new players and a new coach next year. Its kind of late to cut smith and make him an example to the others. We traded moss as an example that we were not going take theses kind of antics anymore and look what that got us. We've kind of lost the the reputation of be a respectable organization and we might as well take on the reputation of an organization the can rebuild players and coaches into respectable members of the nfl, and that can over come adversity. I know we are all sick of all this kind of stuff, but if smith can prove to his prove to the nfl that he deserves to be reinstated, he should be giving the chance to prove to the viking that he can earn that vikings jersey back.

collegeguyjeff
12-09-2005, 09:28 AM
wouldn't you guys want to come back too and get his paychecks? i don't think wilf wants a druggie on his team however they did give koren robinson a chance so smiths future is yet to be determined.

singersp
12-09-2005, 01:03 PM
"stek" wrote:

Actually, if he really has turned around, I would not mind seeing him back. Bennett's gone next year, and if we don't pick up a great back in the draft it's down to fason and mewelde. As much as I like mewelde, he's prone to injury and fason is an unknown as of now (why don't we play him in more than short yardage situations??). Onterrio's a good running back.

There's no such thing is an ex-alcoholic. Once a person becomes alcoholic, they're an alcoholic for the rest of their lives. That's the nature of the disease.

I get your point though. I just wanted to clear the air on that misconception.

Lotza
12-09-2005, 01:14 PM
i have always like o smith.

he also has a cool name!

watching the 04 vikings highlights he had way more of them than any otha of our rbs.

singersp
12-13-2005, 04:05 AM
From the ST. Paul Pioneer Press;

Posted on Sun, Dec. 11, 2005

Teammates optimistic Smith will return

BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press

Sometimes, Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie can't stop from wondering how different the offense would be if running back Onterrio Smith were around.

"That's a question I ask myself," McKinnie said. "Who would be starting?

Right now, it goes between Mewelde Moore and Michael Bennett. But what if (Smith) was here?"

McKinnie didn't answer that question. Neither did anyone else — publicly, at least.

But the prevailing sentiment at Winter Park is that Smith would have started ahead of Moore and Bennett.

Although he gained 1,296 rushing yards in 2002, Bennett has not been nearly as effective since then, mustering just 1,002 rushing yards in 31 games.

Moore gained a solid 379 rushing yards as a rookie. But both of them lagged behind Smith, who led the offense with 544 rushing yards, 394 receiving yards and four touchdowns. He did all that despite being suspended four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy and being inactive for another game late in the season.

Speaking for the first time in seven months, Smith told the Pioneer Press on Wednesday that he did not "excel up to my talent" because of "other things," mentioning "partying and drinking" among his off-field distractions.

Smith also said he wants to "make something up" to the Vikings. But for that to happen, Smith needs the approval of two people: NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue and Vikings owner Zygi Wilf.

In May, Smith can reapply for reinstatement, and his agent, Doug Hendrickson, said his client is well on his way. Wilf was not available for comment this week. But Wilf said in October he wanted to meet Smith before making a decision about his future with the club.

Smith has the support another key decision-maker, Vikings coach Mike Tice.

In a brief comment about Smith, Tice said, "I am rooting for him and praying for him."

Tice never has masked his fondness for Smith. Tice appreciated Smith's swagger on the field and his combination of shiftiness and speed. Though not as fast as Bennett or as talented a receiver out of the backfield as Moore, Smith was the Vikings' most complete and durable player.

"The guy is an unbelievable talent, and he's got a lot of great skills," Bennett said. "He's got a lot of high energy.

"As a team, we're a great group now, but he would have made it even greater."

In 2003, Vikings receiver Nate Burleson was selected in the third round, and Smith drafted in the fourth. Both were surprised they fell so far. Smith was graded as a first-round talent but dropped because of character concerns.

Burleson and Smith vowed to become the "hottest young combination in the NFL."

"We came in underdogs in the same draft, so we always planned to finish out our careers together," Burleson said. "When he comes back, regardless of where he's at, I'm trying to be right next to him, with the same jersey on.

"If he's doing the things he needs to do off the field, there's no question he could be one of the best backs in the NFL."

Always popular among his teammates, Smith would be welcomed back to the locker room, Burleson, McKinnie and Bennett said.

Vikings Pro Bowl center Matt Birk was the most critical of Smith. But Birk said Friday he would welcome Smith back to the team next season.

"I think everybody makes mistakes and everybody deserves a second chance," Birk said.

Smith said he is close to returning to top form, and he will soon begin training college athletes in Los Angeles for the NFL combine. But there's one more issue left unresolved. In October, he was named in a civil lawsuit alleging that he sexually assaulted a 21-year-old woman in June 2004. The woman claims she was injured and humiliated, and she asks for $150,000 in damages.

"It was an unfounded allegation that will be dispelled," Hendrickson said. "The police investigated, and there were no charges. As far as we are concerned, the issue is over with."

Burleson said Smith still has obstacles to overcome. But Burleson is optimistic for his friend's future.

"It's unfortunate that he's got to start from the bottom," Burleson said. "But knowing him and his life struggle, he's no stranger to adversity. I think he'll be all right."

Sean Jensen can be reached at sjensen@pioneerpress.com.

napo58
12-13-2005, 04:11 AM
onterrio the bomb

gregair13
12-13-2005, 04:22 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"stek" wrote:

There's no such thing is an ex-alcoholic. Once a person becomes alcoholic, they're an alcoholic for the rest of their lives. That's the nature of the disease.

what about k-rob? he is still an alcoholic?
once a druggy always a druggy. same thing.

smith just wants to play football again and will say whatever he needs to to play again.

litlharsh
12-13-2005, 04:29 AM
This will be a show of how Ziggy will run the team. He lets him stay, all hell breaks lose. He rejects him, he sends a stone cold message.

SamDawg84
12-13-2005, 04:34 AM
"singersp" wrote:

From the ST. Paul Pioneer Press;

Posted on Sun, Dec. 11, 2005

Teammates optimistic Smith will return

BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press

Sometimes, Vikings left tackle Bryant McKinnie can't stop from wondering how different the offense would be if running back Onterrio Smith were around.

"That's a question I ask myself," McKinnie said. "Who would be starting?

Right now, it goes between Mewelde Moore and Michael Bennett. But what if (Smith) was here?"

McKinnie didn't answer that question. Neither did anyone else — publicly, at least.

But the prevailing sentiment at Winter Park is that Smith would have started ahead of Moore and Bennett.

Although he gained 1,296 rushing yards in 2002, Bennett has not been nearly as effective since then, mustering just 1,002 rushing yards in 31 games.

Moore gained a solid 379 rushing yards as a rookie. But both of them lagged behind Smith, who led the offense with 544 rushing yards, 394 receiving yards and four touchdowns. He did all that despite being suspended four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy and being inactive for another game late in the season.

Speaking for the first time in seven months, Smith told the Pioneer Press on Wednesday that he did not "excel up to my talent" because of "other things," mentioning "partying and drinking" among his off-field distractions.

Smith also said he wants to "make something up" to the Vikings. But for that to happen, Smith needs the approval of two people: NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue and Vikings owner Zygi Wilf.

In May, Smith can reapply for reinstatement, and his agent, Doug Hendrickson, said his client is well on his way. Wilf was not available for comment this week. But Wilf said in October he wanted to meet Smith before making a decision about his future with the club.

Smith has the support another key decision-maker, Vikings coach Mike Tice.

In a brief comment about Smith, Tice said, "I am rooting for him and praying for him."

Tice never has masked his fondness for Smith. Tice appreciated Smith's swagger on the field and his combination of shiftiness and speed. Though not as fast as Bennett or as talented a receiver out of the backfield as Moore, Smith was the Vikings' most complete and durable player.

"The guy is an unbelievable talent, and he's got a lot of great skills," Bennett said. "He's got a lot of high energy.

"As a team, we're a great group now, but he would have made it even greater."

In 2003, Vikings receiver Nate Burleson was selected in the third round, and Smith drafted in the fourth. Both were surprised they fell so far. Smith was graded as a first-round talent but dropped because of character concerns.

Burleson and Smith vowed to become the "hottest young combination in the NFL."

"We came in underdogs in the same draft, so we always planned to finish out our careers together," Burleson said. "When he comes back, regardless of where he's at, I'm trying to be right next to him, with the same jersey on.

"If he's doing the things he needs to do off the field, there's no question he could be one of the best backs in the NFL."

Always popular among his teammates, Smith would be welcomed back to the locker room, Burleson, McKinnie and Bennett said.

Vikings Pro Bowl center Matt Birk was the most critical of Smith. But Birk said Friday he would welcome Smith back to the team next season.

"I think everybody makes mistakes and everybody deserves a second chance," Birk said.

Smith said he is close to returning to top form, and he will soon begin training college athletes in Los Angeles for the NFL combine. But there's one more issue left unresolved. In October, he was named in a civil lawsuit alleging that he sexually assaulted a 21-year-old woman in June 2004. The woman claims she was injured and humiliated, and she asks for $150,000 in damages.

"It was an unfounded allegation that will be dispelled," Hendrickson said. "The police investigated, and there were no charges. As far as we are concerned, the issue is over with."

Burleson said Smith still has obstacles to overcome. But Burleson is optimistic for his friend's future.

"It's unfortunate that he's got to start from the bottom," Burleson said. "But knowing him and his life struggle, he's no stranger to adversity. I think he'll be all right."

Sean Jensen can be reached at sjensen@pioneerpress.com.

didnt smith have a 2nd chance after his 1st and 2nd thingy?

singersp
12-13-2005, 04:50 AM
"gregair13" wrote:

smith just wants to play football again and will say whatever he needs to to play again.

Yes, K-Rob is still an alcoholic & a drug addict will always be addicted to drugs. You can't change that.

It's just your opinion that Smith will say whatever he needs to to play again & I respect that. But I disagree wiyh your opinion.

If Smith is sincere & willing to do what it takes to get clean & play for the Vikings again then I say more power to him & he has my support.

One of the biggest factors in a successful recovery program is to have support from people who care about you & your quest to stay "clean". The other is the willingness & desire to do so.

Without both your destined to fail.

That's one of the reasons K-Rob made the decision to stay here instead of signing with GB for twice the money he's making here & I'm glad he did.

singersp
12-13-2005, 05:15 AM
"SamDawg84" wrote:

There's a big difference between getting a 2nd or 3rd chance when you get caught & a 2nd chance in trying to get your life back together.

I'll give you an example.

I got busted twice for DUI & was given a 3rd chance. After my 3rd DUI I went to jail for 120 days. When I got out I was still an alcoholic, but refused to admit it.

About a year of partying after I got out & drinking every evening & weekends morning to night, I went into de-tox for a 2nd time. I had missed several days of work just to stay home & drink.

It was then that I realized I was an alcoholic & surrendered to the disease.

I had tried to quit a few times before, but never had the support I needed & didn't have the desire to quit for myself. It was to quit for someone else.

After I surrendered to the disease & was ready to quit, I got support from where I needed it, including my work who told me my job would be waiting for me when I was able to come back.

It was a very humbling & humiliating task to tell my boss I was an alcoholic & I was getting help, but it was something I had to do & they supported me 100%.

That helped me turn my life around. I spent 4 months in a half way house & never looked back.

That was 5 years ago this coming January 2nd. I've been clean ever since.

Sorry for the long explanation, but that's what I mean by getting a 2nd chance.

I know what these guys have gone thru & what they are going to go thru & I can't turn my back on them.

People didn't turn their back on me when I was in the same boat.

Vikes
12-13-2005, 05:30 AM
Good Stuff....I happy you were able to get a handle on your drinking.

modena11
12-13-2005, 07:49 AM
hopefully, by following the wonderful example set by koren robinson, he can do the same. great talent and i really hope he can rejoin the vikes next year and turn his life around.

Articnv
12-13-2005, 01:58 PM
I for one wouldnt be suprised to see him back in a vikes uni. I now how hard drugs and alchoal can be to give up. Some tiem sit takes a real eye opner to wakle some people up like Smith got. Considerign this happened under reds tenure and not wilf will be part of the reason he will be back. Tice loves the guy as well. With the way vikesare playing i seriously doubt he will be gone. Al though i seriouly doubt Tice is the longer term solution we can see what he can do with real corditors. :P.
You also need to look at our runnning back sitition:

Bennett FA after this season (Have fun in AZ with you 1,200 yard plus games cause Denny now how to pitch and run to the outside with u)
Moe Williams FA after thsi season (most likly will retire)
MeMo (love the guy but he needs to get tuffer)
C4 (hasnt played enuff but has been compared to Moed williams short yardage red zone type back)
Do e draft a nother starting rnb or give soem oen that nows the sytem back that noes oen more fux up and hes gone for ever?

I for one want the guy with the chip on hsi shoulder so we can work on the O.Line

SamDawg84
12-13-2005, 02:24 PM
"Articnv" wrote:

I for one wouldnt be suprised to see him back in a vikes uni. I now how hard drugs and alchoal can be to give up. Some tiem sit takes a real eye opner to wakle some people up like Smith got. Considerign this happened under reds tenure and not wilf will be part of the reason he will be back. Tice loves the guy as well. With the way vikesare playing i seriously doubt he will be gone. Al though i seriouly doubt Tice is the longer term solution we can see what he can do with real corditors. :P.
You also need to look at our runnning back sitition:

Bennett FA after this season (Have fun in AZ with you 1,200 yard plus games cause Denny now how to pitch and run to the outside with u)
Moe Williams FA after thsi season (most likly will retire)
MeMo (love the guy but he needs to get tuffer)
C4 (hasnt played enuff but has been compared to Moed williams short yardage red zone type back)
Do e draft a nother starting rnb or give soem oen that nows the sytem back that noes oen more fux up and hes gone for ever?

I for one want the guy with the chip on hsi shoulder so we can work on the O.Line

you are totaly right man

RandyMoss8404
12-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Hold on

So, cut Onterrio Smith, who made a mistake with some marijuana, but was our BEST PRODUCTION BACK when he was here

But OMG don't cut Daunte, who proved that Randy Moss was his game, whom participated in a sex party that said Moss noted was going on for years, and whom has little to no future as a pocket passer?

I'm confused.

Wiggles67
12-13-2005, 05:06 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"SamDawg84" wrote:

There's a big difference between getting a 2nd or 3rd chance when you get caught & a 2nd chance in trying to get your life back together.

I'll give you an example.

I got busted twice for DUI & was given a 3rd chance. After my 3rd DUI I went to jail for 120 days. When I got out I was still an alcoholic, but refused to admit it.

About a year of partying after I got out & drinking every evening & weekends morning to night, I went into de-tox for a 2nd time. I had missed several days of work just to stay home & drink.

It was then that I realized I was an alcoholic & surrendered to the disease.

I had tried to quit a few times before, but never had the support I needed & didn't have the desire to quit for myself. It was to quit for someone else.

After I surrendered to the disease & was ready to quit, I got support from where I needed it, including my work who told me my job would be waiting for me when I was able to come back.

It was a very humbling & humiliating task to tell my boss I was an alcoholic & I was getting help, but it was something I had to do & they supported me 100%.

That helped me turn my life around. I spent 4 months in a half way house & never looked back.

That was 5 years ago this coming January 2nd. I've been clean ever since.

Sorry for the long explanation, but that's what I mean by getting a 2nd chance.

I know what these guys have gone thru & what they are going to go thru & I can't turn my back on them.

People didn't turn their back on me when I was in the same boat.that is an awesome story Singer good for you! I have a couple of friends that have gone through AA and admitted they have a drinking problem. And I must say I have so much respect for them. That would be so hard to come out and tell everyone you know that you are a drunk, because most people dont see or realize it is a disease so they dont look at it under the same light as your standard diseases. Instead of having people feel sorry for you, they are usually judgmental, ie greg, and what they dont realize is that any alcoholic has to live with that disease the rest of their lives...isnt that going to be hard enough on them??

ejmat
12-13-2005, 05:10 PM
I personally do not see a problem bringing Smith back. Yes, he made some stupid mistakes. I don't know more about the situation except for why he got suspended. I don't know how he's doing in treatment. I don't know his real intents. I do know this guy has skills. He's better and more durable then Moore and Bennett. Not knocking Moore but Smith is better in my opinion. Everyone pretty much knows what I think about Bennett so I won't go there.

I say give him a last chance to prove he's kicked the habit. If the guy can play as well as he did with the habit, he'll be that much better without it. If you want to kick him off the team then let's kick Smoot, Pep, McKinney, K-Williams, Moore and everyone else that was on the boats participating in that type of public behavior.

I don't condone Smith using like he did. Not at all. But if people like Darryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden get 7 or 8 chances then why not give a 3rd to Smith?

ejmat
12-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot one other person...Lawrence Taylor

Wiggles67
12-13-2005, 05:11 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"stek" wrote:

smith just wants to play football again and will say whatever he needs to to play again.please dont take this the wrong way gregair13 but how old are you? I have read numerous posts by you in response to anyone that has had drug or alcohol problems and you are always making comments about being druggies and you dont want them on the Vikings. People make mistakes and NO one is perfect. You might not ever be able to see yourself or put yourself in the situation that these "druggies" are in but the fact is that more people then you probably realize have had their lives touched but someone who is an alcoholic or a druggie. Its part of the society. And you have this almost zero tolerance attitude towards anyone that has used, and thats just not fair. At some point in your life you're going to make a mistake and you will be asking for forgiveness as well. :smile:

V-Unit
12-13-2005, 09:37 PM
The bottomline is performance on the field. IF Onterrio Smith comes back and has a 1,000 yard rushing season, he'll be up for comeback player of the year. If he has another good season after that, everyone will forget about his past.

"Once a druggy always a druggy."
Do you use the same analysis for your freinds. If someone you care about has a problem with drugfs or alcohol, do you just abandon them becuase "once a druggy always a druggy"?

nextvikingsstar
12-13-2005, 09:59 PM
i agree to a certain extent like right now no one is thinkin about k robs past but smith has messed up numerous times we new when we drafted him he had a background.......and he proove it what woulda happen if weda traded bennett adn had to rely on moore alone........HES HURT so is Williams so smith does not seem to care about the team what so ever

renovikesfan
12-13-2005, 10:03 PM
This is just my opinion, but.....

I'd take him back, but only with him being aware and accepting of having to compete from the bottom rung for a position on the team. Let him prove how much he's willing to turn himself and his Life around.

A buddy of mine who I work with used to live in Seattle and rooted for the Seahawks (geographical fanship-he's actually a Giants fan). Every so often, we'll go and watch the games together at a Bully's sports bar, and I'll say something like "I'm sure glad we picked up Koren Robinson in FA" or "It's too bad the Seahawks didn't keep him, huh?". To which he'll reply, "Do you always have to remind me of that stupid move?" LOL

I guess the point I'm making is that I would hate to have us discard Onterrio, only to have some other team (especially a division rival) pick him up and let him revive his career with them.

Also.....Wilf talks about this team being a "Family".....let's see if he means it, or if it's just another empty proclamation by an owner.

Purple Pride, Purple Pride, Purple Pride!!!!! Yeah right, Red.

ultravikingfan
12-13-2005, 10:04 PM
"V-Unit" wrote:

The bottomline is performance on the field. IF Onterrio Smith comes back and has a 1,000 yard rushing season, he'll be up for comeback player of the year. If he has another good season after that, everyone will forget about his past.

Do you use the same analysis for your freinds. If someone you care about has a problem with drugfs or alcohol, do you just abandon them becuase "once a druggy always a druggy"?

Who said that statement?

Out of any fan base in the NFL, we Viking's fans should know this not to be true.

Look at Cris Carter's life....he made a change.

V-Unit
12-13-2005, 10:43 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"V-Unit" wrote:

Who said that statement?

Out of any fan base in the NFL, we Viking's fans should know this not to be true.

Look at Cris Carter's life....he made a change.I agree, I guess I just didn't phrase it right. I never was good at english.

Anyways, at the end of the end the best back on our roster talent-wise is going to be Smith. If he says he has made a change, why not beleive him. Is it really that big of a deal? I don't think so.

2beersTommy
12-13-2005, 11:02 PM
wow..smith wants to come back, people bitching about ragnar, and how he seems a bit feminine for a mascot..why dont we employ smith as the mascot, and he can dance around with his fake schwanz ? :shock:

renovikesfan
12-13-2005, 11:08 PM
LMAO!!! Thanks, I'll stick with the balding fat man. At least the pom-poms HE uses aren't illegal!

Ragnar ROCKS. Way cool dude to just sit and BS with, too.