PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Climb in Power Rankings

COJOMAY
12-07-2005, 01:59 AM
The Viking have moved from 15th to 13th in the Power Rankings. Here's the comment by the "rankers."

Don't look now but Mike Tice has his team in the thick of the playoff race. Who is that guy wearing Brad Johnson's uniform?
I laughed at the last of the quote!

sharper42
12-07-2005, 02:01 AM
where did u get that off of

COJOMAY
12-07-2005, 02:27 AM
CBS NFL Site. The NFL.com has them rated 12th. Yeaaaa, one of the 12 finalists above Dallas and Atlanta.

StillPurple
12-07-2005, 02:32 AM
I love the fact that we have the same record now as the Dallas "Cows" and Atlanta. SWEET !

To be honest, the power rankings is kind of bogus, because all you have to do is knock off one of those top teams, and you prove that it is all just "on paper". Like, watch what happens when we beat the Steelers.

zzbudzz
12-07-2005, 02:39 AM
man , if we beat the steelers i will truely believe we are a contender,because we only have beaten ONE team with a winning record ( the gaints )

COJOMAY
12-07-2005, 02:45 AM
To be honest, the power rankings is kind of bogus, because all you have to do is knock off one of those top teams
Well, we just beat Detroit and moved up in the rankings! LOL

midgensa
12-07-2005, 02:53 AM
"zzbudzz" wrote:

man , if we beat the steelers i will truely believe we are a contender,because we only have beaten ONE team with a winning record ( the gaints )

A lot of very good teams only beat one or two teams with a winning record, that is the nature of the game ... the Bengals only have two wins over teams with winning records ... but they are damn good ... the mark of a quality team is beating the teams you should and 6-0 against sub-.500 teams is the mark of a good team ... beating the Steelers would show we are contenders, but not because it is our second win over a good team, just because it is any win over a good team ...
By the way, if the Steelers lose to the Bears and then us, we still only have one win over a winning team ...

ultravikingfan
12-07-2005, 02:54 AM
Make sure you include links guys:

http://nfl.com/news/story/9080545

michaelmazid
12-07-2005, 02:59 AM
we are number 12 and by week 17, we'll be number 6 or 5 at the worst.

Lotza
12-07-2005, 03:30 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

we are number 12 and by week 17, we'll be number 6 or 5 at the worst.hey lets not get too cocky.

we need to keep doin what we are doin.

SKOL VIKES!

michaelmazid
12-07-2005, 04:33 AM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"michaelmazid" wrote:

we are number 12 and by week 17, we'll be number 6 or 5 at the worst.hey lets not get too cocky.

we need to keep doin what we are doin.

SKOL VIKES!

we will. Just look at where we are playing. We don't lose too many games in the dome.

Rams (no qb)
Steelers (no qb and going down fast. defense is giving up 400 yards per game)
Ravens (no ray lewis, no offense and 4-8 record)
Bears (no qb but one hell of a defense. It will be close but we'll win)

cajunvike
12-07-2005, 04:48 AM
ONE GAME AT A TIME!!!

Potus2028
12-07-2005, 04:59 AM
micahelmazid.. you saying that we go undefeated.. i mean, we're good, but not perfect..

-lack of a consistent o-line..
-lack of big bomb pass game (the first play of the lions game is one.. the longest play of the year)
-inconsistent o-line.. though we may be getting it

we arent exactly perfect.. but i like the optomism

i_bleed_purple
12-07-2005, 05:08 AM
micahelmazid.. you saying that we go undefeated.. i mean, we're good, but not perfect..

-lack of a consistent o-line..
-lack of big bomb pass game the first play of the lions game is one.. the longest play of the year)
-inconsistent o-line.. though we may be getting it

we arent exactly perfect.. but i like the optomism

it would be the longest play of the year for a lot of teams, 80 yards is a looooong way

gregair13
12-07-2005, 07:15 AM
power rankins are stupid, but for those who believe in them, we are working our way to #1 so watch out!

LunchBox
12-07-2005, 07:23 AM
One play does not a deep attack make...

mr.woo
12-07-2005, 02:39 PM
we actually could win against the bears becaus ehopefully by then they wil have clinched playoff and be resting starters.

i_bleed_purple
12-07-2005, 02:42 PM
i dont konw that they can afford to rest starters, if they win every game, then they might, but they lose to say pittsburgh and atlanta, and we win every game, they definetially wont rest their starters because we could take their spot

whackthepack
12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
We are 25th in defense based on yards allowed per game average.

ultravikingfan
12-07-2005, 03:57 PM
"mr.woo" wrote:

we actually could win against the bears becaus ehopefully by then they wil have clinched playoff and be resting starters.

I hopefully hope they do not clinch. We need to take this Divsion and beat their overrated butts. Screw their starters.

Prophet
12-07-2005, 04:06 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

The Viking have moved from 15th to 13th in the Power Rankings.!

That doesn't surprise me, because with absolutely no analysis other then looking at the records the Vikings are in a 5-way tie for 11th place.

Vikes
12-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Well that whats happens when you win. Our team is getting healthy and starting to gel.

IL-Vike
12-07-2005, 04:46 PM
No, no, no. "One game at a time," and "Let's not get cocky" are things that players say to themselves. We are fans and we can say anything we want. My cockiness or lack thereof has absolutely NO bearing whatsoever on how the team plays. I can say, "We going to the Super Bowl this year" and that will have no effect on how the team plays against St. Louis whatsoever.

mnjamie
12-07-2005, 11:09 PM
It's just funning how all the "anal-ysts" on ESPN an such are all of a sudden back on the bandwagon loving the Vikes and some even proclaiming Ticey "Coach of the Year" potentional ... shoot, half of them don't even watch the games ... they just write their stories and report from the box scores ....