PDA

View Full Version : stupid ******* referees

zimtwister
12-05-2005, 01:46 PM
the worst biased game i have seen. they should be suspended. phantom calls against the vikings. B J gets taken down by a face mask-no call. wtf?

SamDawg84
12-05-2005, 01:49 PM
maybe the refs are on pay roll like the refs on the longest yard.

zimtwister
12-05-2005, 02:22 PM
i would not doubt it. it was horrible.

singersp
12-05-2005, 02:44 PM
From an article I posted from the Star Tribune;

Tice has made a point not to protest questionable calls with NFL officials, but he indicated he might send film of at least two plays to the league office this week:

• A third-quarter call for pass interference against Brian Williams, who was covering receiver Roy Williams. The play set up Jason Hanson's 28-yard field goal.

• A roughing-the-passer penalty in the fourth quarter that erased Brian Williams' 75-yard interception return for a touchdown. Officials called the penalty on tackle Pat Williams, who said he wasn't on the field for the play. Defensive end Darrion Scott said he hit Lions quarterback Jeff Garcia, but replays showed the contact occurred almost immediately after Garcia released the ball.

"I'm very disappointed in the penalties," Tice said. "For the first time all year, I'm going to question some of the calls, and I feel like some were tenuous. But we'll have to look at the tape and evaluate that before we send something in."

zimtwister
12-05-2005, 02:47 PM
go get them, tice!

Wiggles67
12-05-2005, 02:48 PM
go Tice go!

As long as it is handled in a classy manner I think something has to be pointed out to the NFL on those calls

whackthepack
12-05-2005, 03:45 PM
That roughing the passer call almost cost us the game, the interception for a TD would have made the game 28 - 9 and the game would have been over.

Bowchee
12-05-2005, 03:48 PM
Here's some stats: Two teams from the same pathetic division. One is bad and the other is improving. The bad team (the Lions) committed 3 penalties for 30 yards which would suggest that the game was being called loosely - the refs are "letting them play". The improving team (the Vikes) committed 11 penalties for 94 yards which would suggest that the refs are calling a tight game - every little infraction. Check the stats on winning teams, and you'll see that they are less penalized - another difference between good and bad teams - their discipline. What the heck?

The roughing the passer call was key as it ended up being a 14 point or at least 7 point swing. The other half of that was the no-call on the incidental face-mask against the Lions in the first quarter when they sacked Johnson. That no-call would have drawn a flag in ANY game with ANY team usually.

Look at the last four games, and you'll see that there are three of these close calls that were made at times that resulted in a huge difference in the game - points scored by the Vikings and/or a possession change that would end the contest. Yes, I am a whiner. I'm just waiting for the game where this happens and we "lose". I'm starting to think that it's all mildly rigged. I'll just keep hoping that the Vikes continue to win despite the calls.

Ltrey33
12-05-2005, 03:52 PM
The two plays I saw that were bullcrap was the personal foul on the punt return for blocking the guy out of bounds and the roughing the passer that negated the interception by Williams. I thought they were both really ticky tacky.

StillPurple
12-05-2005, 04:46 PM
You are right, those two calls almost cost us the game. It really pissed me off. That roughing the passer call was total B.S.

WBLVikeBabe
12-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Oohhh man was I pissed when they didn't call that face masking against Johnson. It was so blatant and of course they screwed us over. I swear it's like a curse, all ref's hate the Minnesota teams.

Vikes
12-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Go Tice...

zimtwister
12-05-2005, 06:33 PM
is it because randy squirted that one a long time ago? man, they can hold a grudge.

DCPologirl
12-05-2005, 06:55 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

Oohhh man was I pissed when they didn't call that face masking against Johnson. It was so blatant and of course they screwed us over. I swear it's like a curse, all ref's hate the Minnesota teams.

It was sp ridiculous even the Lions fans that were in the bar that i was watching the game at were commenting about it. when the Lions got a touchdown after that i was like if we lose this game I am completely blaming the refs.

gregair13
12-05-2005, 06:57 PM
tice should storm right into the leagues office and start whippin ass. haha.

but yes, those calls were really bad ones. the roughing the passer was one of the worst ever. doesnt really matter though because we still won.

Gift
12-05-2005, 07:24 PM
this week they were homers for sure. I am starting to worry that the refs are charged to keep games close if possible like they did vs the lions.

"Bowchee" wrote:

I'm starting to think that it's all mildly rigged.
like you said.

Mr. Purple
12-05-2005, 07:26 PM
"That roughing the passer call almost cost us the game, the interception for a TD would have made the game 28 - 9 and the game would have been over." WhackThePack

Exactly. Its BS. The refs have cost us games before (I.E greenbay) Its one thing to throw a flag, its another to throw one for a BS non exsistant penalty.

Syzygy
12-05-2005, 08:58 PM
I agree that grabbing Brad's facemask should've been called, and the flags for bumping the guy out of bounds on the punt return and for roughing the passer (negating Williams' interception) were borderline.

BUT...

It was obvious to everyone (except perhaps Curt Menafee and JC Pearson) that during the Lions' final drive the officials did everything they could to help the Lions...

First play of the drive: Forward progress stopped at the 10 or 10.5 yard line? Let's spot it at the 11.

Second play: Stopped at the 16.5, just short of a first down? Let's give them the first down. (At this point I could not believe my eyes, and I replayed these two plays to see if it had really happened that way. It had.)

Three plays later: The officials give the Lions new life with a late-contact call on Dovonte Edwards. Like me, he can't believe it.

Then Garcia, while in the grasp of a tackler, throws a pass that hits the ground right on the line of scrimmage and not near anyone. No call.

When Corey Chavous made that interception at the one-yard line, I truly was surprised that there was no bogus penalty called to erase the interception.

Why all these bad calls and friendly placements? I believe it's a mixture of sympathy for a truly helpless underdog and an official NFL policy to keep games close at the end if at all possible. Further, I think Tice and all the other coaches know about the policy; of course, they'd be fined into bankruptcy -- or worse -- if they alluded to it.

cajunvike
12-05-2005, 09:05 PM
"Gift" wrote:

this week they were homers for sure. I am starting to worry that the refs are charged to keep games close if possible like they did vs the lions.

"Bowchee" wrote:

I'm starting to think that it's all mildly rigged.
like you said.

While they are rigging games, someone needs to tell them to rig up a Vikings Super Bowl victory!!! :grin:

Lotza
12-05-2005, 09:37 PM
oh well. We WON!

ultravikingfan
12-05-2005, 10:07 PM
"gregair13" wrote:

tice should storm right into the leagues office and start whippin jiggly butt. haha.

but yes, those calls were really bad ones. the roughing the passer was one of the worst ever. doesnt really matter though because we still won.

H emay have to "hobble" into the league office; not storm. :lol: