PDA

View Full Version : bennett or moore...or who ever

mr.woo
12-05-2005, 03:15 AM
next year something is gonna have to be done to asses the running back situation. Bennent and moore are good runningbacks but not that good. who do u think we should get ?

jessejames09
12-05-2005, 03:17 AM
Preist Holmes or Lary Johnson i doubt they will both be on kc next year.

mr.woo
12-05-2005, 03:19 AM
thats possible,isnt preist hurt?

Prophet
12-05-2005, 03:20 AM
I'm for building a team like the perennial running game that the Broncos have. Plug anyone into the mix and they do well. Hell, even Cheeseburger Dayne is having success in that system.

Tanner_QBRB8
12-05-2005, 03:23 AM
I think that mewelde should definetly be the starter i mean think about it bennett only has good games against shity defenses mewelde will always give us at least 80yards a game and that is enough to get Brad going i mean i do like bennett and i think that we should keep him(thats right i think that we should give him a contract extension) bennett is a good back but he has to get into a rythm before he can get started

cc21
12-05-2005, 03:23 AM
Trade Daunte for a number 1 draft pick and get reggie bush! jk

mr.woo
12-05-2005, 03:25 AM
mewelde would be a fine 3rd down back
bennet was a bust....
we need someon who can reel of big gaines maybe cris perry from the bengals when does he become free?

MrDonut
12-05-2005, 03:32 AM
shaun alexander and edgerrin james will both be free agents after this year but i don't think we can land either of them.. we could hope for someone like michael bush of louisville to declare early and possibly draft him?

ultravikingfan
12-05-2005, 03:37 AM
"jessejames09" wrote:

Preist Holmes or Lary Johnson i doubt they will both be on kc next year.

Johnson is there future. No way they are going to get rid of that horse.

Holmes is any injury machine. No way we even think about him. His time to shine has gone.

midgensa
12-05-2005, 03:41 AM
"mr.woo" wrote:

mewelde would be a fine 3rd down back
bennet was a bust....
we need someon who can reel of big gaines maybe cris perry from the bengals when does he become free?

The Bengals are gonna keep Chris Perry, they love him. He will be the third down back for another year or two and then they will move Rudi and go to Perry to save money and get similar production ...

singersp
12-05-2005, 04:04 AM
"MrDonut" wrote:

shaun alexander and edgerrin james will both be free agents after this year but i don't think we can land either of them.. we could hope for someone like michael bush of louisville to declare early and possibly draft him?

Welcome to our site MrDonut! Please introduce yourself in the "Free Beer" forum & Ultra will be by with a cold beer for ya!

mnjamie
12-05-2005, 04:05 AM
The sig says it all ----->

Lotza
12-05-2005, 04:09 AM
Lendale White!

ShiFtY
12-05-2005, 04:18 AM
draft LenDale White from USC if he submits himself for the draft

\
he's got tons of potential and here in cali i see his games... he runs over everybody

u just dont hear about him much cuz reggie bush

mnjamie
12-05-2005, 04:27 AM
Top NCAA rushers and total stats for 2005:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/stats/playersort/NCAAF/RB

LenDale White is #37 on this list ... his ypc are nothing special, not a good receiver out of the backfield and he plays in the Pac10 where playing defense is completely "optional" ... The guy is good, but nothing special.

cajunvike
12-05-2005, 04:32 AM
There are way better backs available than LenDale...maybe we could use our magic 4th round pick on him if he is still on the board!

sharper42
12-05-2005, 04:41 AM
draft deanglo williams or whatever that mephis rb name is

mnjamie
12-05-2005, 04:41 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

There are way better backs available than LenDale...maybe we could use our magic 4th round pick on him if he is still on the board!

He's too much in the Fason mold for us to pick up.

audioghost
12-05-2005, 04:58 AM
Hmmm....unrealible speed or unreliable banger? Either way it won't matter, one can just play for the other one cuz they're seldom healthy at the same time....we really don't even need to make a choice! Shaun Alexander, the Edge? Hmmmmm.....thats what I'm saying!

FuadFan
12-05-2005, 05:00 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

Hmmm....unrealible speed or unreliable banger? Either way it won't matter, one can just play for the other one cuz they're seldom healthy at the same time....we really don't even need to make a choice! Shaun Alexander, the Edge? Hmmmmm.....thats what I'm saying!Those would be the best choices but are unlikely because we have so many other free agents that they probably won't be able to pay either guy the money they are worth.

audioghost
12-05-2005, 05:18 AM
Well, Paul Allen said this week on KFAN that we have 20 million in cap space for next season....not counting the guys that we don't resign after the season (Bennett being one)....20 mill is a lot of cap space, and we're dealing with an owner who's willing to spend whatever it takes....I don't think its a stretch at all that we might land one of those guys.....I mean if we added Alexander and maybe an impact lineman, I think we could be just fine.....who else would we need, besides dudes that we could pick up in the draft that is....

snowinapril
12-05-2005, 05:34 AM
Both Moore and Bennett have done well when we have had a premier O Line.

I say we need to get the line in tip top shape for next year.

Ltrey33
12-05-2005, 06:04 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Definately. That line needs to be redone or at least improved for next year. I'm tired of our quarterbacks getting killed.

Oh and snow....HOW BOUT THEM DUKIES?! Buzzer beater baby!

snowinapril
12-05-2005, 06:28 AM
"ltrey33" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Definately. That line needs to be redone or at least improved for next year. I'm tired of our quarterbacks getting killed.

Oh and snow....HOW BOUT THEM DUKIES?! Buzzer beater baby!

Luck of the BlueDevil I guess. I was sitting here in amazement for 10 minutes after I had jumped out of my seat and screamed for a couple of minutes. I think it was VT that got us last year and they almost did it to us again. Good game though.

V-Unit
12-05-2005, 06:29 AM
With Birk back, Mckinnie playing well, and Johnson developing, I say we pick up a marquee guard at least. The fact is NOBODY WON the so-called RB battle this year. Bennet and Moore somehow seemed to tie. For those who call Bennet injury-prone, Moore is the same way. We need to get a durable back. I would be fine with dumping Bennet and keeping MM as our starter if Mewelde didn't get hurt every game.

FuadFan
12-05-2005, 06:48 AM
Between Herrera, Goldberg , and Fonoti if we keep him after the year I think we are fine as far as guards go.

magicci
12-05-2005, 07:32 AM
I hope Fonoti will br back next year in better shape and more progressed with this offense. then with Birk back as well our o-line should be great and bennett or moore would do great fason as well...and by the way everyone is talking two words "onterrio who?"

finnishvikingsfan
12-05-2005, 07:32 AM
Moore all the way. Maybe he is even to shifty for his ankles with hurthing his ankles game in and game out but he still plays well. Bennett only plays well against the Lions. Next year we will be getting Onterrio Smith back if he decides to clean up his act. He was a pretty good back. If we keep Fonoti our line will be pretty well.

singersp
12-05-2005, 12:17 PM
"magicci" wrote:

I hope Fonoti will br back next year in better shape and more progressed with this offense. then with Birk back as well our o-line should be great and bennett or moore would do great fason as well...and by the way everyone is talking two words "onterrio who?"

Not everyone. :wink:

mr.woo
12-05-2005, 04:05 PM
wat about jerome harrison? im reading online that he has 1900 yards and is a senior

robertsmith
12-05-2005, 04:28 PM
I would like to see Maroney ino ur backfield, a local college boy and a good talent

how high do people think he will go?

SWAYZE74
12-05-2005, 04:32 PM
heres my take on it...

1) try to get Edg or Shaun...

if that dont work out...

2) keep MeMo & Fason (could be the new Mo for short yardage) but ditch bennet...(he knows hes done here and is playing for future teams)

then...

3) try to get that kid Irons out of Auburn (should be available in 3 or 4th round)

getting Birk back and that monster Fontoi into the system will help alot imho...then whoever is in the backfield next make sure you RUN LEFT...

peace...

snowinapril
12-05-2005, 04:44 PM
"robertsmith" wrote:

I would like to see Maroney ino ur backfield, a local college boy and a good talent

how high do people think he will go?

I think it is more like how far will he drop.

All of the peeps that watch the Gopher's know who he is, but I wonder if the scouts know. I think we might have higher expectations of him than what he is going to get from the scouts and all others involved with the draft process.

The combine will make or break him.

Someone already mentioned it, but I think the MN O Line has a lot to do with his success. Not trying to take anything away from Maroney, just think he had a great line to help add to the success he had in a Gopher Uni.

I could be totally wrong.

cyviking
12-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Im sorry i know Maroney has a lot of fans in Minn but take your gopher goggles off. He is simpley not that good. He is a product of a really good O-line. I cringe at the thought of us wasting another first round pick on a Big 10 running back that wont be worth anything to the organization. Sorry to vent on Maroney he has been a good time for the gopher fans but after college he will bve a 4th string RB for some backwater NFL team.
Keep MeMo and Bennett in tandom.

Jkurtkrauss
12-05-2005, 06:16 PM
I'd put Moore in the same class as Warrick Dunn, Curtis Martin, and Tiki Barber. Give him a stout O-line and some holes and watch him go!

Vikes
12-05-2005, 06:40 PM
"SWAYZE74" wrote:

heres my take on it...

1) try to get Edg or Shaun...

if that dont work out...

2) keep MeMo & Fason (could be the new Mo for short yardage) but ditch bennet...(he knows hes done here and is playing for future teams)

then...

3) try to get that kid Irons out of Auburn (should be available in 3 or 4th round)

getting Birk back and that monster Fontoi into the system will help alot imho...then whoever is in the backfield next make sure you RUN LEFT...

peace...

Do you know how much MONEY EJames or Shaun will cost your team. You are still on the hook for PEP who is coming off a knee injury. NO WAY do you spend that kinda money and don't know what your QB future holds. Plus I heard on this board that Tice wants to give OSmith a shot again. The I was against early on but thinking about it more i like the idea. He knows most of the offense already and he would be CHEAP. Kinda like a Koren Robinson or Chris Cater situation.