PDA

View Full Version : Official Post Game Thoughts and Observations



ultravikingfan
12-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Post 'em here ladies and fellas!

We own those chumps!

Chavous is a lifesaver!!!

Yeah, he sucks! :roll:

DEVIKINGFAN!
12-04-2005, 10:07 PM
BRAD GOES 5-0!!!!!!!! Still in the hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VikingsTw
12-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Props to chavous nice play staying at home, doin HIS job.

Discusting game, no pass rush, no run blocking, makes you wonder but we get the W. Cotrell is still a moron, has a real problem with adjusting to whats going on in the game.

The refs were horrible, took away Brian Williams touchdown, that was not a late hit.

Bright spot was pretty much BJ throwing accuracy and Koren's bombs. Also it was nice to see nate get involved.

ultravikingfan
12-04-2005, 10:10 PM
I only caught the 4th Quarter. So, I will have to watch it on DVD where I have all the games recorded on our way to the SB!

As soon as I started watching, things went kinda the wrong way. I may be a bad luck charm!

NordicNed
12-04-2005, 10:10 PM
I thought we had some really good drives and some solid D play ...Mostly in the first half...But the coaches have to learn how to play to wooooop on someone.

You don't see a team like the Colts holding back when they have a lead..

But a win is a win, and another Divisional Road win to boot..

This season is turning out to be something speical....To bad the Bears are winning though....

PurplePackerEater
12-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Good game. BJ is 5-0. Still have much to improve.

VikingsTw
12-04-2005, 10:13 PM
True about the bears, crazy thing is the packers really had a great chance to win and Favre started throwing picks in the REDZONE!

PurplePackerEater
12-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Any injury news on Kluwe?

cc21
12-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Go Corey!!!! haha

Way to go Vikes on another W. To bad the Pack couldnt pull it off against the Bears.

ItalianStallion
12-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Is is just me or did half of Bennett's runs seem to be for negative yardage? Was it the blocking?

Nevertheless, we won and that is what counts. Props to Chavous for keeping the ownage streak alive. To bad Chicago is still rolling.

gregair13
12-04-2005, 10:14 PM
closer than it should have been. realy sucks about kluwe. he better be ok. next up the rams

blvdnights05
12-04-2005, 10:15 PM
yea the pack could have totally beat the bears and too bad the stupid g-men won i was pulling for dallas in that one, but a win is a win

cc21
12-04-2005, 10:15 PM
I was very happy with what Bennett did today. He was running extremly hard and had a great game.

SJHILL
12-04-2005, 10:16 PM
We didn't play a great game at all, but we still won. The division isn't out of the question, but the wild card is more realistic.

VikingsTw
12-04-2005, 10:16 PM
I dont want to be negative but his injury looks real serious, possible broken ankle???

Prophet
12-04-2005, 10:17 PM
MeMo sucks ass! He rushed for negative yards. I'm just kidding, the argument makes as much sense as all the negative Bennett posts. You don't get the ball and you can't be expected to do much.

The penalties were getting ridiculous. If the Vikes keep on improving and keep those penalties down they should be fine.

PurplePackerEater
12-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Koren Robinson's 148 yards leads recieving so far today.

BJ's passing yards is third, so far.

cc21
12-04-2005, 10:18 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

I dont want to be negative but his injury looks real serious, possible broken ankle???I was thinking the same thing. Or atleast a real high ankle sprain. Let's just pray that it isn't to serious, but I really think that it is.

mnvikesfan11
12-04-2005, 10:18 PM
We still have a few things to work on but a win is a win and have to give some props to coach tice for ralying the troops and getting us to 7-5.

mogwai
12-04-2005, 10:22 PM
this game should not have been this close.but,a win is a win...p.s.favre really sucks.now i know how packer fans must feel every week watching him throw away the game

sharper42
12-04-2005, 10:28 PM
its a sprained ankle

VikingsTw
12-04-2005, 10:28 PM
"mogwai" wrote:

this game should not have been this close.but,a win is a win...p.s.favre really sucks.now i know how packer fans must feel every week watching him throw away the game

He really did throw it away, they had a great chance to win.

Figure this its 1st and goal, 7 yards out, 30 seconds on the clock till half, he's got massive pressure and forces an off balance throw and its picked and returned into field goal range. At this point you gotta wonder what the hell he was thinking. He had plenty of time and at least two more shots and he blows it.

They had a real good chance to go into half 10-6 or even 14-6, insted they go in down 9-7.

VikingsTw
12-04-2005, 10:29 PM
"sharper42" wrote:

its a sprained ankle

LMAO, i thought for sure it was broken, i thought he was gonna cry. Poor guy.

COJOMAY
12-04-2005, 10:30 PM
WHEW!!!! It was a lot closer than I thought it was going to be after that first touchdown in the second half. From there on we did not look good at all!
Klewe's injury is a HUGE loss!
You can blame the TOTAL loss of the Packers on Brett. Nice to see even though I wish they had beaten Chicago.

cc21
12-04-2005, 10:31 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

"sharper42" wrote:

its a sprained ankle

LMAO, i thought for sure it was broken, i thought he was gonna cry. Poor guy.Yeah it looked like he was crying. I thought he broke something for sure.

finnishvikingsfan
12-04-2005, 10:31 PM
It seems to me Bennett only plays well against the Lions. Chavous won the game for us with the Int. I think the Refs gave the Lions a few first downs which they shouldnt have got. I hope Kluwe will be ok.

michaelmazid
12-04-2005, 10:32 PM
SIGN KOREN ROBINSON FOR A LONG TERM CONTRACT NOW!!!!!

p.s

run defense looked like crap today.

napo58
12-04-2005, 10:34 PM
our offensive line is really really bad. Benett was still amazing with the room he had today.

napo58
12-04-2005, 10:34 PM
finally first thing corey did right in 100000000000 plays.

mogwai
12-04-2005, 10:34 PM
sometimes high ankle sprains are worse than breaks.hopefully this isn't the case.once again,that's for suckin' favre

Prophet
12-04-2005, 10:35 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

Koren Robinson's 148 yards leads recieving so far today.

BJ's passing yards is third, so far.

C. Chambers had a career day today with 238 yds receiving and a TD. Rosenfels, the Iowa State boy, had a nice comeback for the Fins.

I like the cardiac style of play the Vikings have this year. Many different facets of the game could account for the win. That is a welcome relief compared to the O-only team the Vikes have had for the past decade.

SJHILL
12-04-2005, 10:35 PM
What was that Brian Williams td celebration supposed to mean? I was in the bathroom when it happened.

VikingsTw
12-04-2005, 10:36 PM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

SIGN KOREN ROBINSON FOR A LONG TERM CONTRACT NOW!!!!!

p.s

run defense looked like crap today.

Yeah that was no good, Pat Williams ran himself out of some huge gainers today, his first not so good game of the year.

I agree with Koren being signed.

FuadFan
12-04-2005, 10:39 PM
We missed Kevin Williams in this game and I think that we will need Smoot back the lineup next week.

VikingsTw
12-04-2005, 10:41 PM
"SJHILL" wrote:

What was that Brian Williams td celebration supposed to mean? I was in the bathroom when it happened.

It was a pretty wierd celebration, i dont know what it was but last time he scored a TD he did the same thing without the football under his jersey. Maybe some kind of signature celebration.

mogwai
12-04-2005, 10:43 PM
our secondary played well. smoot can stay on the sidelines

napo58
12-04-2005, 10:44 PM
yeah we need all the firepower we need on d next week. Shaun Rogers KILLed herrera and liwenski.

FuadFan
12-04-2005, 10:45 PM
"mogwai" wrote:

our secondary played well. smoot can stay on the sidelinesOur secondary is not better without Smoot and I cannot comprehend why you would think otherwise on that.

mogwai
12-04-2005, 10:46 PM
rogers is a beast. he'll give anybody problems

ultravikingfan
12-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Koren is the man!

Brad's flavor of the week!

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_193036.jpg

LuckyVike
12-04-2005, 10:48 PM
"mogwai" wrote:

our secondary played well. smoot can stay on the sidelines

Yea...ok.

I don't think there's much of a chance that's happening.

LuckyVike
12-04-2005, 10:49 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Koren is the man!

Brad's flavor of the week!

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_193036.jpg

I love that visor! He looks mean as hell!

mogwai
12-04-2005, 10:49 PM
no offense,but,smoot has done nothing but talk all year. he certainly was overpaid

napo58
12-04-2005, 10:49 PM
did we get any pass rush today??

dr feelgood
12-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Run blocking was terrible, running backs did well with what they were given. Defense will have to tighten up next week. Johnson better ice that arm up, the bombs were awsome. Keep mixing it up, Vikes.

napo58
12-04-2005, 10:51 PM
i think steve loney and ted cottrell were freaking horrible today.

LuckyVike
12-04-2005, 10:52 PM
"mogwai" wrote:

no offense,but,smoot has done nothing but talk all year. he certainly was overpaid

Whatever you say man but I know the coaches will be on my side with this one. :wink:

ultravikingfan
12-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Smoot will be back and be fine.

LuckyVike
12-04-2005, 10:54 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Smoot will be back and be fine.

Yes he will be, he's on top tier cover corner in this league.

napo58
12-04-2005, 10:54 PM
urlachers crap

cc21
12-04-2005, 10:55 PM
"napo58" wrote:

urlachers crapHe's pretty damn good actually.

LuckyVike
12-04-2005, 10:57 PM
"napo58" wrote:

urlachers crap

I wish that crap suited up in a purple uniform every week.

mogwai
12-04-2005, 10:57 PM
what punters are out on the street right now..besides darren bennett.gawd no

ultravikingfan
12-04-2005, 10:58 PM
"napo58" wrote:

urlachers crap

We know, we know.

I personally would not even want him as a LB.

/sarcasm off.

DPep11
12-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Wow... I love living in Chicago. :roll:

Mark_The_Viking
12-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Don't belive it I read these posts and you'd think we were the worst team in the league. We won...again and we are looking good we would have been happy with 8 and 8 after the first 5 games.

Chavous is a quality player and so is Smoot and as for Urlacher he can wear purple anyday

snowinapril
12-04-2005, 11:07 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

"mogwai" wrote:

this game should not have been this close.but,a win is a win...p.s.favre really sucks.now i know how packer fans must feel every week watching him throw away the game

He really did throw it away, they had a great chance to win.

Figure this its 1st and goal, 7 yards out, 30 seconds on the clock till half, he's got massive pressure and forces an off balance throw and its picked and returned into field goal range. At this point you gotta wonder what the hell he was thinking. He had plenty of time and at least two more shots and he blows it.

They had a real good chance to go into half 10-6 or even 14-6, insted they go in down 9-7.

Favre and DC have felt the pressure this year to do too much, hence the TOs. Both are massive competitors. With that competitive attitude, comes that superman complex. B-rad on the ohter hand knows he isn't superman and says I can only do what I can do and I will do the best job I can with what I got.

Trying too hard is playing outside of your abilities.

napo58
12-04-2005, 11:10 PM
i meant that he should move to a different division so we dont have to worry about him

mnjamie
12-04-2005, 11:12 PM
I must admitt though, I am tired of the conservative play calling and letting "crappy" teams crawl back into games in the 2nd half. The Vikes come out and go deep on 1st play of the game and then crawl into a shell with a lead in the 2nd half.... Just tired of it, it's going to catch up with us. Where is the killer instinct?? Go for the throat Ticey and crew ...

snowinapril
12-04-2005, 11:13 PM
"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:

Don't belive it I read these posts and you'd think we were the worst team in the league. We won...again and we are looking good we would have been happy with 8 and 8 after the first 5 games.

Chavous is a quality player and so is Smoot and as for Urlacher he can wear purple anyday

Yes, we should be happier about the win. BUT.........we did see some areas where we need to improve and learn from. The problem was, that we let it be in Detroit's hands to win or lose, instead of us controling our own destiny. Atleast that is how it feels when we are up five points and they are driving on us.

Positive:

K-Rob - Awesome day, play speaks for himself.

Johnson - he played ball control today and limited his mistakes.

D - had a lot of good secondary play, Garcia didn't have anywhere to get rid of the ball on many plays when our D-line was struggling to get pressure. We did get some pressure on K downs. We hurried Garcia into a bad throw on that last INT to end the game. The line was geting pushed back into his grill.

michaelmazid
12-04-2005, 11:16 PM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

"mogwai" wrote:

no offense,but,smoot has done nothing but talk all year. he certainly was overpaid

Whatever you say man but I know the coaches will be on my side with this one. :wink:

non taken...

sdvikefan
12-04-2005, 11:18 PM
We need Fred Smoot back since we're playing the Rams. They may not be that good this year, but they are still the best passing offense in the NFL.

slinkey
12-04-2005, 11:19 PM
any1 know where I can buy DVD of the games?

kramer9guy
12-04-2005, 11:25 PM
It was a close game towards the end but we were in control the majority of the time. And, in the end, all that matters is that we won.

Props to Brad and Koren. Brad had his best game yet this season and Koren looked great.

That hit on Kluwe was shady. Hope his injury isn't too bad.

We need MeMo to boost our running game (seems like he's hurt constantly).

Right as I'm starting to gain some respect for Brian Williams he showboats into the endzone and performs some ridiculous celebration all for not. Act like you've done it before Brian (I hate showboaters).

Nice to see Daunte at the game.

Nothing like a 5 game winning streak. Whooo hooo!!!

ultravikingfan
12-04-2005, 11:26 PM
"slinkey" wrote:

any1 know where I can buy DVD of the games?

I have them all on DVD. :wink:

LuckyVike
12-04-2005, 11:30 PM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

It was a close game towards the end but we were in control the majority of the time. And, in the end, all that matters is that we won.

Props to Brad and Koren. Brad had his best game yet this season and Koren looked great.

That hit on Kluwe was shady. Hope his injury isn't too bad.

We need MeMo to boost our running game (seems like he's hurt constantly).

Right as I'm starting to gain some respect for Brian Williams he showboats into the endzone and performs some ridiculous celebration all for not. Act like you've done it before Brian (I hate showboaters).

Nice to see Daunte at the game.

Nothing like a 5 game winning streak. Whooo hooo!!!

I like to see some showboating and entertainment. I think it's a good way for players to show emotion and act like they care about what's going on. But we won't turn this thread into a debate of that topic. Lets just sit back and enjoy our victory. Five straight wins is something to brag about.

cc21
12-04-2005, 11:32 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"slinkey" wrote:

any1 know where I can buy DVD of the games?

I have them all on DVD. :wink:If you got the Giants game I might have to talk to you about that one.

snowinapril
12-04-2005, 11:34 PM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

It was a close game towards the end but we were in control the majority of the time. And, in the end, all that matters is that we won.

Props to Brad and Koren. Brad had his best game yet this season and Koren looked great.

That hit on Kluwe was shady. Hope his injury isn't too bad.

We need MeMo to boost our running game (seems like he's hurt constantly).

Right as I'm starting to gain some respect for Brian Williams he showboats into the endzone and performs some ridiculous celebration all for not. Act like you've done it before Brian (I hate showboaters).

Nice to see Daunte at the game.

Nothing like a 5 game winning streak. Whooo hooo!!!

I honestly don't think that the Lion tried to hurt Kluwe, but he should know his limitations better than that. The anouncers were saying that he took a bad angle.

I remember there was a time when Bennett was the injury prone RB. Well that isn't the case this year.

In addition, I think that we were getting some yards running the ball the few possession after we got deep shots to the WR. Then we stopped geting the completions down field and they tightened up on the run game. We did take some shots int eh second half to the WRs downfield, they just weren't that successful.

snowinapril
12-04-2005, 11:38 PM
"Vikes2611" wrote:

"kramer9guy" wrote:

It was a close game towards the end but we were in control the majority of the time. And, in the end, all that matters is that we won.

Props to Brad and Koren. Brad had his best game yet this season and Koren looked great.

That hit on Kluwe was shady. Hope his injury isn't too bad.

We need MeMo to boost our running game (seems like he's hurt constantly).

Right as I'm starting to gain some respect for Brian Williams he showboats into the endzone and performs some ridiculous celebration all for not. Act like you've done it before Brian (I hate showboaters).

Nice to see Daunte at the game.

Nothing like a 5 game winning streak. Whooo hooo!!!

I like to see some showboating and entertainment. I think it's a good way for players to show emotion and act like they care about what's going on. But we won't turn this thread into a debate of that topic. Lets just sit back and enjoy our victory. Five straight wins is something to brag about.

Brad showed emotion after he threw that TD to K-Rob, that was COOL! Antics get to be sickening. Those are not spontaneous, they are coreographed.

It is not COOL(socially uncool) to show your spontaneous emotions in this day and age. That is why we have to be cool :roll: and coreograph our celebrations so we look good :roll: ......

Nu Skule Sez: Brad's celebration is uncool and Chad's celbrations are cool.

tastywaves
12-04-2005, 11:42 PM
5 in a row, gotta be happy about that. Koren played huge, Brad played his best game this year, nice pick to end the game Cory.

Did Wiggy get a single catch today, didn't hear his name once (did he even play)?

Bennett did well when he had some room, nice dance for the TD run. Looked a little too anxious when the hole wasn't where it was supposed to be (should be getting used to it by now, sigh....), but give the boy credit for wanting to hit the hole hard. I take it MeMo was hurt?

Got a little too close at the end, but hey its the NFL, a lot of strange things happen, the important thing is they won and get a chance to play them selves into an extended season.

BTW: I like the new emotional Tice, even though I don't know that he really means it.

Mr. Purple
12-04-2005, 11:42 PM
The lions should not have been in that game. We shouldnt have won the game with a chavous INT. Becuase all game long we out played and out smarted the lions. BUT and this is a big but, it seems like teddy gets way to soft when we have a lead. We stopped putin pressure up front...why? IDK. We won tho, and when it boils down to it, thats all that matters. So we move on, we get back Smoot who will help to strengthen our CB core. We will face a roller coster Rams offense. ( one week thier hot, the next thier not) So we're 7-5, tied with ATL. Lets go vikes!

kramer9guy
12-04-2005, 11:42 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Vikes2611" wrote:

"kramer9guy" wrote:

It was a close game towards the end but we were in control the majority of the time. And, in the end, all that matters is that we won.

Props to Brad and Koren. Brad had his best game yet this season and Koren looked great.

That hit on Kluwe was shady. Hope his injury isn't too bad.

We need MeMo to boost our running game (seems like he's hurt constantly).

Right as I'm starting to gain some respect for Brian Williams he showboats into the endzone and performs some ridiculous celebration all for not. Act like you've done it before Brian (I hate showboaters).

Nice to see Daunte at the game.

Nothing like a 5 game winning streak. Whooo hooo!!!

I like to see some showboating and entertainment. I think it's a good way for players to show emotion and act like they care about what's going on. But we won't turn this thread into a debate of that topic. Lets just sit back and enjoy our victory. Five straight wins is something to brag about.

Brad showed emotion after he threw that TD to K-Rob, that was COOL! Antics get to be sickening. Those are not spontaneous, they are coreographed.

It is not COOL(socially uncool) to show your spontaneous emotions in this day and age. That is why we have to be cool :roll: and coreograph our celebrations so we look good :roll: ......

Yeah, showing emotions is great (I was just as charged as Brad after that intital TD), I'm just not into the whole in your face/choreographed routine thing (ala T.O.). Plus, that thing Brian Williams did in the endzone just looked plain weird.

ultravikingfan
12-04-2005, 11:43 PM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"slinkey" wrote:

any1 know where I can buy DVD of the games?

I have them all on DVD. :wink:If you got the Giants game I might have to talk to you about that one.

Like I said, I have all the games on DVD and people know my PM... :wink:

V4L
12-04-2005, 11:44 PM
TOLD YOU ALL K-ROB IS THE MAN!

snowinapril
12-05-2005, 12:01 AM
"kramer9guy" wrote:


Yeah, showing emotions is great (I was just as charged as Brad after that intital TD), I'm just not into the whole in your face/choreographed routine thing (ala T.O.). Plus, that thing Brian Williams did in the endzone just looked plain weird.

Me Too!

V4L
12-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Anyone think MM is still the future back for us? I think Maroney would be better and would stay on the field more consistently then him.. Hurt ONCE AGAIN.. I'm getting sick of his injurys

PAvikesfan
12-05-2005, 12:10 AM
good game...attacking often yet our defense got tired in the second half...obviously because of those quick offensive strikes.

good game. however, freakin GB and the cows couldn't win when we needed them too...and atlanta owns the tie breaker on us.

PurplePeopleEaters
12-05-2005, 12:11 AM
5 straight boys lets keep it up. The Rams should be tough one...

FuadFan
12-05-2005, 12:13 AM
"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:

Anyone think MM is still the future back for us? I think Maroney would be better and would stay on the field more consistently then him.. Hurt ONCE AGAIN.. I'm getting sick of his injurysI don't know about Maroney he has a great O-line that even the third string back had a big day within I would rather get DeAngelo Williams.

6-KINGS
12-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Just a thought.

We are getting stronger every week.
Peaking at the right time too.

LuckyVike
12-05-2005, 12:30 AM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

Just a thought.

We are getting stronger every week.
Peaking at the right time too.

It feels a lot better going up at this time of year rather than down.

Vikings Fan At MSU
12-05-2005, 12:30 AM
does anyone have Brad's QB Rating from the Lions Game

Prophet
12-05-2005, 12:38 AM
"Vikings Fan At MSU" wrote:

does anyone have Brad's QB Rating from the Lions Game

If you feel like it, just plug his numbers into this formula (http://www.nfl.com/news/981202qbrate.html) and get the result. Or, just wait a few hours and get it from the Web.

Turboe
12-05-2005, 12:42 AM
All right Webby or Ultra who locked that assinine thread on Bush? After I spent the better part of the game (between plays) typing a response to the individual points that guy tried to put forth, but it was locked when I went to post it. Now all that work and I dont have a place to post it, that is depressing. And I am not ignorant enought to start another counter thread like that in a Hallowed Vikings place like this, but I cant believe I spent all that time typing and couldnt submit my response when I was done.

Oh well I guess I will just have to send it to my email mailing list I usually send things to.

Speaking of Bush and tying it back to Football, did you see that performance the other Bush put on against UCLA last night. He was unbelievable!!!!

michaelmazid
12-05-2005, 01:04 AM
I am still soooo pissed that B. Williams's TD was taken away. I can't get over it.

p.s

I think Detroit is officially our bitch

Vikings Fan At MSU
12-05-2005, 01:12 AM
what happend to mewelde today so he couldnt come back in the game and return punts

sharper42
12-05-2005, 02:54 AM
"mogwai" wrote:

no offense,but,smoot has done nothing but talk all year. he certainly was overpaid
its still early in smoots career, he has a lot of time to progress and fit in with the new defense plus we signed him for 6 years i belive

snowinapril
12-05-2005, 02:58 AM
"sharper42" wrote:

"mogwai" wrote:

no offense,but,smoot has done nothing but talk all year. he certainly was overpaid
its still early in smoots career, he has a lot of time to progress and fit in with the new defense plus we signed him for 6 years i belive

I guess we better get to like'n him.

Stop bashing the Smoot, he really hasn't even had a chance to play, he play, was injured, played and was inured again.

Vikes
12-05-2005, 03:01 AM
I watched more of the Bears game then Vikings. It look to me like Minnesota had them pretty early. Then I look up and they are within 7 points.

collegeguyjeff
12-05-2005, 04:41 AM
hmm defense was all over detroit, offensive line was shakey at times but coaching staff fixed that and made changes. if burleson can stay healthy and get going again he should really help a lot. kinda weird how we have one receiver each week that looks like a superstar hmm, one week taylor, burleson, robinson, robinson it's madness.

NeoVikesTX
12-05-2005, 05:06 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

hmm defense was all over detroit, offensive line was shakey at times but coaching staff fixed that and made changes. if burleson can stay healthy and get going again he should really help a lot. kinda weird how we have one receiver each week that looks like a superstar hmm, one week taylor, burleson, robinson, robinson it's madness.

It's not madness, it's brilliant because it makes it a nightmare for opposing defenses to prepare for us. They have no idea who our number 1 reciever is going to be, or even who our starting RB is going to be most of the time.

cajunvike
12-05-2005, 05:17 AM
Only three more games to win before we take on Chicago for the division...since Chicago WILL lose to both Atlanta AND Pittsburgh! LOL!!!

mnjamie
12-05-2005, 05:20 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Only three more games to win before we take on Chicago for the division...since Chicago WILL lose to both Atlanta AND Pittsburgh! LOL!!!


No way these Bears win in Lamblow after what I saw today .... Even with Farve' playing, the Pack get the win going away and I'm willing to put money out there on that one.

whiteboy
12-05-2005, 05:30 AM
the vikes have been playing some great ball. we need to just take it one game at a time and be the master of our destiny. we need to get that offensive line playing consistently and we will be good. i must admit that i'm surprised by how tice has been doing with the team, big ups to him. i heard some commentators talkin about him possibly winning coach of the year....

Prophet
12-05-2005, 05:35 AM
"whiteboy" wrote:

...i heard some commentators talkin about him possibly winning coach of the year....

That would be right on par with Jim Haslett, the other moronic NFL head coach winning the coach of the year award after the Saints won their first playoff game in the history of their franchise back ~2000. Tice is right in that same category, mentally challenged and a perennial 0.500 coach. Give him the accolades after this year and then send his ass packing.

cajunvike
12-05-2005, 05:42 AM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Only three more games to win before we take on Chicago for the division...since Chicago WILL lose to both Atlanta AND Pittsburgh! LOL!!!


No way these Bears win in Lamblow after what I saw today .... Even with Farve' playing, the Pack get the win going away and I'm willing to put money out there on that one.

Heck, I will take that Chicago loss as a cushion for our guys...the more they lose the better!!! Just so we are at least tied with them come New Year's Day...but either way, we have to beat them then...and I am pretty confident that we will prevail and take the NFC North division title!!! :grin:

whiteboy
12-05-2005, 05:42 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"whiteboy" wrote:

...i heard some commentators talkin about him possibly winning coach of the year....

That would be right on par with Jim Haslett, the other moronic NFL head coach winning the coach of the year award after the Saints won their first playoff game in the history of their franchise back ~2000. Tice is right in that same category, mentally challenged and a perennial 0.500 coach. Give him the accolades after this year and then send his jiggly butt packing.

lmfao!

singersp
12-05-2005, 12:41 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

No way these Bears win in Lamblow after what I saw today .... Even with Farve' playing, the Pack get the win going away and I'm willing to put money out there on that one.

I'm hoping your right!

As much as I'd like to see every team in the division sweep the Packers, the Bears need to be taken down a notch to be shown they are not invincible.

And the loss will not only increase our chances of tieing or going ahead of the Bears at the end of the year, but would give us the tie-breaker edge we would need to take the division.

singersp
12-05-2005, 12:50 PM
I don't have time to read through 7 pages of posts this morning to see if it was mentioned, but where was Jermaine Wiggins today?

I saw Jimmy K in there most of the game. Did Wiggins even get into the game?

Did he possible get hurt or something?

Paulbedy59
12-05-2005, 01:03 PM
I still say we need to get an elite left tackle and put Mckinney on the right side,do that with 2 ton fot at guard and we have an excellent off line.

slinkey
12-06-2005, 04:02 AM
ultraviking fan,,,,,how do you get them on dvd?

Turboe
12-06-2005, 04:28 AM
"slinkey" wrote:

ultraviking fan,,,,,how do you get them on dvd?

.....Burn them.

vegasvike
12-06-2005, 05:02 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"slinkey" wrote:

any1 know where I can buy DVD of the games?

I have them all on DVD. :wink:

So how can I buy some copies from you?

ultravikingfan
12-06-2005, 05:10 AM
"vegasvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"slinkey" wrote:

any1 know where I can buy DVD of the games?

I have them all on DVD. :wink:

So how can I buy some copies from you?

I have a DVD Recorder. Then, if needed I burn them using my laptop,

PM me.

Turboe
12-06-2005, 05:17 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"vegasvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"slinkey" wrote:

any1 know where I can buy DVD of the games?

I have them all on DVD. :wink:

So how can I buy some copies from you?

I have a DVD Recorder. Then, if needed I burn them using my laptop,

PM me.

Hey Ultra, now that I have TiVo and several games on there, I have been thinking about getting a dedicated DVD burner as well. I have a laptop that burns DVD's, but I dont know how to get stuff off my TiVo and burn it to DVD yet.

What kind of software do you use. I think my laptop came canned with Intervideo DVD Burner, and Sonic DVD creator. What do you use?

Does it allow you to go in and edit? Mainly I am interested in editing off the end the extra time you end up with when you TiVo a game on NFL Ticket. How many hours of video can you burn onto one DVD? Just wondered if it is one game per DVD or can you get more than that on one?

Webby
12-06-2005, 05:21 AM
You can network your Tivo and laptop...I do.

But I believe when I burn the DVD with the saved Tivo show, that it puts some security on it that you can only view from that device with Tivo...or it was in the early days. Might not be that way anymore.

But if you haven't networked your Tivo wirelessly, you are missing out on some sweet stuff.

ultravikingfan
12-06-2005, 05:28 AM
Turboe,

I do not know how Tivo would work. You may, I am not sure, be able to hook up the Tivo to a PC.

As far as software, it takes some getting used to. My friend burns DVD's a lot and movies need to be decrypted; its not hard. But, I have no need for it. There is a lot of freeware out there to decrypt and to compress the videos. I use DVDShrink, DVDFab, and I use NITI to burn.

Windows Service Pack II should have Windows Movie Maker, so it should be on your PC already. If not, you can download it from Microsoft, its free. It will break a game into a ton of clips. You just drag the clips on the timeline and edit what you do not want. You can also put it to music and have some neat transition affects. I use Adobe Premiere to edit. It is not free and costs around $800. Or you can purchase Adobe Premiere Elements for $99 and you can do almost anything to want.

A DVD will hold approx 6 hours max. But, like a VCR tape the longer the recording you will lose a little quality. I set mine to record 4 hours. Suprisingly, the quality is not as good as I thought it was. Still better than VHs though.