PDA

View Full Version : met stadium??

whiteviking24
12-04-2005, 04:25 AM
where can I find good pics of the old met stadium??

I want to remake that place on my madden game.

gregair13
12-04-2005, 04:30 AM
www.google.com

Prophet
12-04-2005, 04:30 AM
Click here (http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/past/MetropolitanStadium.htm) for a shot of the old Met.

I have a chunk of the goal post from the last game ever played there. I miss that place, froze my ass off there many a time.

DarrinNelsonguy
12-04-2005, 04:32 AM
Man I wish we were still playing football outdoors, with the tradition we had at the Met.

V4L
12-04-2005, 04:34 AM
Prophet how did u score that dude? That would be insane to have.. Ur a lucky guy!

Prophet
12-04-2005, 04:36 AM
I was at the last game played there and someone brought a hack saw and was serving up pieces of the post. I was pretty drunk when I brought that thing home, didn't really realize at the time how much of a piece of history I was lugging along with me.

V4L
12-04-2005, 04:37 AM
LMAO awesome dude! I wonder what that would be worth now man.. Or even 10-20 years later

whiteviking24
12-04-2005, 04:37 AM
I want this back!!!http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/past/metromain.jpg Thanks prophet!!!

Prophet
12-04-2005, 04:41 AM
It's only about 2.5 feet long and who knows how much someone would be willing to pay for it. I'm guessing that it's worth almost nothing....you never know what someone would pay for something on e-bay though. I've seen sillier things sold on there. I won't sell it though, it will be one of those things that my kids will find after I die someday and they will probably wonder what the hell it is and make a bong out of it or toss it in the trash.

whiteviking24
12-04-2005, 04:45 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

It's only about 2.5 feet long and who knows how much someone would be willing to pay for it. I'm guessing that it's worth almost nothing....you never know what someone would pay for something on e-bay though. I've seen sillier things sold on there. I won't sell it though, it will be one of those things that my kids will find after I die someday and they will probably wonder what the hell it is and make a bong out of it or toss it in the trash.

you could cut off 5 inches of it and mail it to me if you'd like :grin:

V4L
12-04-2005, 04:47 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

LMAO.. Smoke outta the goal post! :lol:

Prophet
12-04-2005, 04:48 AM
I was actually thinking about making a fantasy league floating trophy with it in a league I'm in with a bunch of friends. Problem is that only about 10% of them are Vikings fans and they wouldn't have the true appreciation of how grandiose the trophy would be. I'll probably think of something to do with it, I don't know how you could verify that it was real? There were no 'certificates of authenticity' around and I definitely didn't have a camera with me, but I'm sure there are photos floating around from others if you did some digging.

i_bleed_purple
12-04-2005, 05:27 AM
thats awesome i wish i had something historic like that

also if you look on that site (http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/past/MetropolitanStadium.htm)you can see plans for future stadiums for different teams, i thought those were pretty cool

vegasvike
12-04-2005, 05:32 AM
"whiteviking24" wrote:

I want this back!!!http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/past/metromain.jpg Thanks prophet!!!

What is that for the center logo?

singersp
12-04-2005, 05:41 AM
I have a friend whose dad was a season ticket holder at that time.

They took their season seats with them. From what he tells me a lot of things were dismantled or ripped down & taken by the fans.

Lotza
12-04-2005, 05:43 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

I was at the last game played there and someone brought a hack saw and was serving up pieces of the post. I was pretty drunk when I brought that thing home, didn't really realize at the time how much of a piece of history I was lugging along with me.
sweet dude. that is crazy.