PDA

View Full Version : No margin for error

V-Unit
11-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Looking back at our schedule, I think we only botched one game, and that was Tampa Bay in week one. If we had won that game we would be 7-4 and in control of a wild card spot currently.

Unfortunately, we lost that game and fact is we just cannot afford to lose anymore games to a team that is worse record-wise than us. That means @ DET, STL, and @ BAL are all must win games.

Moreover, I thought that just the upset of NYG would be enough, but the Bears are streaking also. I have no idea how they beat both Carolina and Tampa. They are so hot that is almost looks like we have a better chance to take a wild card. Unless the bears lose to the Steelers and the Falcons, we won't have a chance at the division.

So we have two options:
1. Hope the bears lose steam and upset them in week 17
2. Root hard for whoever the Giants, Bucs, and Falcons are playing and hope to steal a wild card.

Either way, 9-7 won't cut it. We have to finish 4-1 down the stretch, meaning Minnesota would go on a 9-2 run to finish the season. Given our horrendous start, that would be magical.

Del Rio
11-29-2005, 09:15 PM
We will beat the Steelers.

cc21
11-29-2005, 09:18 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

We will beat the Steelers.Is that a guarantee Del?

Mr. Purple
11-29-2005, 09:19 PM
Well this week Tampa plays New Orleans a team fresh off a road victory against a good jets D.

Living down here around tampa, I know for a fact that the Saints have the bucs number. No matter how bad the saints are, they always get a win against TB. So lets hope for them this week.

Atlanta travels to carolina this week. Carolina and ATl are both playin good football right now, we want Carolina to beat them.

Giants play the cowboys, who already beat them this year. We really need NY to loose, cuz we we'll have thier record, but the leg up becuase we beat them.

I think we can realisticly get a wild card spot alot easier then taking the division. Chicago has beat the Panthers and The bucs, two good D's and two good teams. So unless chicago just royaly ucks up there next couple games, we need to push for the wild card.

Del Rio
11-29-2005, 09:19 PM
"coreychavous21" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

We will beat the Steelers.Is that a guarantee Del?

Mark my words :grin:

jimmymac
11-29-2005, 09:24 PM
In the past the vikings always seem to back into the playoffs. They get hot early in the season then slack off.

This year is different, the Vikings need to play their way into the playoffs. I think this is a much better situation and more exciting.

Go Vikings!!

Del Rio
11-29-2005, 09:26 PM
"jimmymac" wrote:

In the past the vikings always seem to back into the playoffs. They get hot early in the season then slack off.

This year is different, the Vikings need to play their way into the playoffs. I think this is a much better situation and more exciting.

Go Vikings!!

Glad to see your still around Jimmy Mac, I was wondering if you left us

cajunvike
11-29-2005, 09:27 PM
No margin for error means to me that we need to go 5-0 in our last five games...no margin for error, no losses!!!

V-Unit
11-29-2005, 09:35 PM
The only game that I wouldn't bet on us winning is the Steelers game, but Del tells me its all good so I guess I'm putting cash down on that one too!

To be a bit more realistic, I think its going to be tight and I'm a bit nervous.

Del Rio
11-29-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm telling you V-Unit we win out. This team is playing football better then most right now Steelers included.

I don't usually make predictions but I am confident in our chances.

V4L
11-29-2005, 09:41 PM
I trust Del! He knows what he is talking about.. If I ever have a football question i'm gonna go to Del.. He tapes the games and watches them over and over.. He knows where we are at.. I have a feeling we can win out too.. Did ya see the Steelers last night? Couldn't run.. Couldn't pass.. And got a lucky TD

Lotza
11-29-2005, 09:42 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I'm telling you V-Unit we win out. This team is playing football better then most right now Steelers included.

I don't usually make predictions but I am confident in our chances.

that makes me feel a lot better.

del you have some of the best football knowledge on the site and i will take your word for it.

jimmymac
11-29-2005, 09:43 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Thanks Del Rio.

Busy with the holidays so my computer time has been limited. The Vikings wins have been great although you have to wonder how they will stand up agains a really good team.

I still think that losing Culpepper was the best thing that could happened to this team.

Peace :cool:

Del Rio
11-29-2005, 09:44 PM
I don't watch them over and over damn man. LOL I watch them twice once for fun and once to try and learn a thing or two.

Sometimes I only watch em once because I just don't wanna see it again :grin:

This site in general can answer just about any Vikings question you need though, I have learned a lot from this site.

I trust the Steelers will be playing better football then they showed last night and I trust it will be a football game to see that is for sure. Since we lost to the Bears our team has improved in a lot of areas and they have sustained that.

Playing high level football right now.

Del Rio
11-29-2005, 09:46 PM
"jimmymac" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Thanks Del Rio.

Busy with the holidays so my computer time has been limited. The Vikings wins have been great although you have to wonder how they will stand up agains a really good team.

I still think that losing Culpepper was the best thing that could happened to this team.

Sadly for us people assume we suck sp bad that when we beat a good team, it was not our success but it was thier mistakes.

jimmymac
11-29-2005, 09:52 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Sadly for us people assume we suck sp bad that when we beat a good team, it was not our success but it was thier mistakes.

True, but it is true that Seattle won this weekend due to 3 Giant's mistakes (missed kicks).

IMO, it's better that people think the Vikings are soft because then they may look pass us.

V4L
11-29-2005, 09:54 PM
HAHA sorry Del.. I thought you watched each game alot to study the line and see how we were doing.. Never the less I would come to you with a football question if I had one!

Del Rio
11-29-2005, 09:54 PM
No doubt.

The only issue I have with it is the overall attitude trickles over to our own fans.

cajunvike
11-29-2005, 10:03 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

"jimmymac" wrote:

"Del Rio" wrote:

Thanks Del Rio.

Let's hope that our opponents feel the same way...then they won't know what hit them until it's too late!!! :grin:

Gift
11-29-2005, 10:22 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

Sadly for us people assume we suck sp bad that when we beat a good team, it was not our success but it was thier mistakes.That looked like the case in the giants game, but our play has improved since then