PDA

View Full Version : Calling all members!

ultravikingfan
11-29-2005, 03:59 AM
Good members of PP.O,

The other week a lot of you may have noticed that PP.O was down for quite a few hours. This was the result of our server...not a very good one at that.

In order to ensure that PP.O continued to provide continuous service and enjoyment to the members, webby switched to a dedicated server. With this we will not have to fear losing the site for any amount of time and we can really expand it also.

However, webby was forced to take on additional expenses. Websites are not free, and a website such as PP.O with a wealth of content that is offered to the members carries a cost; a dedicated server will cost webby more than the previous server.

Webby has never pushed the idea of having members donate money to help webby out with the expenses; he carries the burden by himself. If he feels like it, he can share the costs with you. I can tell you that I could never afford to provide a site such as this; its more than most of us would pay a month for a top of the line vehicle.

So, if any members would like to donate money to help defray the costs incurred by webby I know he would greatly appreciate it. It does not have to be a lot. Heck, you can donate a dollar; every little bit helps.

Lets show webby how much we appreciate all that he has given us! Support the pride!

Go here and click on the Paypal link:
http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Treasury

If you would like to send payment:

Purplepride.org
2081 Industrial Blvd
Stillwater, MN 55082

*Any members who would like to be recognized will have their member name on the Support the Pride page.

Thank you!

ultravikingfan
01-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Come on people, support the pride!

Want a cool little button under your name? Support the pride!

If you do you will get one of these either in bronze, silver, or gold.

http://www.purplepride.org/images/ranks/gold.gif

Thank you to those of you have supported the pride!

ryanmurphy
01-25-2006, 11:45 PM
What are the donation requirements for bronze, silver, and gold???

VikesFan4Life
01-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Broken link ultra...

I'd really like to donate though. I've been coming to this site daily for a long time now, although my number of posts don't show it. I'm a quiet one...

vikinggreg
01-26-2006, 12:08 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Come on people, support the pride!

Want a cool little button under your name? Support the pride!

If you do you will get one of these either in bronze, silver, or gold.

http://www.purplepride.org/images/ranks/gold.gif

Thank you to those of you have supported the pride!

Ultra how long does it take to get the button???

I answered the call a while ago, and this place is the best, love it

just thought I'd add that last bit

tosstomoss
01-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Tell us what you need,want,demand I will support .Webby and all have done a damn good job!!! i want gold , what do you want!!!!

tosstomoss
01-26-2006, 12:18 AM
sorry didnt see the link , got it

COJOMAY
01-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Just sent my donation

tosstomoss
01-26-2006, 12:28 AM
I am in for $50:00 :wink: :wink:

Webby
01-26-2006, 12:36 AM
Hi all, thanks for the support. Just got the monthly server bill today...talk about timing. SKOL!

I spend time doing the buttons every couple days...please make sure to put your username in the PayPal box if you use that route, so I know who to credit! Thanks again!

VikesFan4Life
01-26-2006, 12:39 AM
I'm in for $30.

VikesFan4Life
01-26-2006, 12:41 AM
...please make sure to put your username in the PayPal box if you use that route, so I know who to credit!

Oops, I didn't know to do that. Hope it's ok...

vikinggreg
01-26-2006, 12:49 AM
"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

...please make sure to put your username in the PayPal box if you use that route, so I know who to credit!

Oops, I didn't know to do that. Hope it's ok...

I'm in the same boat, or on the same short bus :shock:

tosstomoss
01-26-2006, 12:51 AM
me three

ultravikingfan
01-26-2006, 05:35 AM
"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

Broken link ultra...

I'd really like to donate though. I've been coming to this site daily for a long time now, although my number of posts don't show it. I'm a quiet one...

Its good.

"vikinggreg" wrote:

Ultra how long does it take to get the button???

I answered the call a while ago, and this place is the best, love it

just thought I'd add that last bit

I am sure webby will put a rush on it.

"ryanmurphy" wrote:

I do not think we are going to let that be common knowledge. We do not want people to possibly frown on somebody's level of giving.

Every bit helps and is very appreciated!

Thanks!

Webby
01-26-2006, 06:05 AM
Vikinggreg, you did this previously? I have a few "unknowns" so I didn't know what to do. Email me and I will match it up!

vikinggreg
01-26-2006, 06:11 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

Vikinggreg, you did this previously? I have a few "unknowns" so I didn't know what to do. Email me and I will match it up!

thanks webby I sent you a PM earlier with the info hope it help thanks :smile:

Mr. Purple
01-26-2006, 06:31 AM
I'll see what I can do and try an get some money into ya asap!

VikesfaninWis
01-26-2006, 07:08 AM
Count me in, I live in Wis, and I much rather give my money to the greates Viking site versus paying money to help pay for the F'N Cheesehead stadium......

2beersTommy
01-26-2006, 07:09 PM
just out of curiosity, theres a link on the home page for vikings gear..does any procedes from the gear purchased go to this site ?

ultravikingfan
01-26-2006, 07:11 PM
"2beersTommy" wrote:

just out of curiosity, theres a link on the home page for vikings gear..does any procedes from the gear purchased go to this site ?

Yes, so buy your gear here!

ryanmurphy
01-26-2006, 07:20 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"ryanmurphy" wrote:

I do not think we are going to let that be common knowledge. We do not want people to possibly frown on somebody's level of giving.

Every bit helps and is very appreciated!

Thanks!

If that were the case, then why give buttons at all. Anyone without a button obviousally has not donated. Anyone with a gold has obviousally donated more then those with a silver. I am not asking how much anyone gave, would just like to know the minimum requirements to make each level... Thanks...

2beersTommy
01-26-2006, 07:29 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"2beersTommy" wrote:

I DID, just came today..thats why i was asking..so..with that purchase, a "support the pride" button should follow ?

ultravikingfan
01-26-2006, 09:31 PM
"ryanmurphy" wrote:

If that were the case, then why give buttons at all. Anyone without a button obviousally has not donated. Anyone with a gold has obviousally donated more then those with a silver. I am not asking how much anyone gave, would just like to know the minimum requirements to make each level... Thanks...

Wow...relax.

Webby could answer that better I guess.

"2beersTommy" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"2beersTommy" wrote:

I DID, just came today..thats why i was asking..so..with that purchase, a "support the pride" button should follow ?

Do not know. Webby can answer that.

2beersTommy
01-26-2006, 10:08 PM
yeah, i pm'ed him before in regard to the decals almost 2 weeks ago..and no response given..i guess ill wait for him on this one too..thx Ultra

ultravikingfan
01-26-2006, 11:24 PM
"2beersTommy" wrote:

yeah, i pm'ed him before in regard to the decals almost 2 weeks ago..and no response given..i guess ill wait for him on this one too..thx Ultra

Decals are not ready yet I believe.

Webby is a very busy guy. He gets a billion PM's. Don't feel bad, it sometimes takes him awhile to answer mine too.

PhillyVikes
01-27-2006, 12:13 AM
I supported this site before, and got no cool little button. didnt give much but it was all I could afford. Really dont care love the site and hope it stays up.

Go Vikes!!!!

Webby
01-27-2006, 12:16 AM
I have you on my list from earlier this year. :) You will be getting one tomorrow night, Philly. I had you as a no to showing you donated, but you're getting a button anyway! Thanks, and SKOL!

Decals are getting a second printing, first wasn't up to my standards.

ryanmurphy
01-27-2006, 12:19 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"ryanmurphy" wrote:

Wow...relax.

Webby could answer that better I guess.

Sorry if that came across the wrong way... I was just curious. I dont want to send in $xx.xx, and get silver when I could have sent in $xx.xx + $1, and got gold.

Kind of like on PBS. "A donation of $10 or more and you get this, a donation of $25 or more, and you get that"

Thanks again...

2beersTommy
01-27-2006, 12:21 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

I have you on my list from earlier this year. :) You will be getting one tomorrow night, Philly. I had you as a no to showing you donated, but you're getting a button anyway! Thanks, and SKOL!

Decals are getting a second printing, first wasn't up to my standards.

procedes from the decals go towards the "fundraising" also ?

so-cal vike
02-01-2006, 06:31 AM
Who do we make the check payable to? (For those not using paypal)

canadian_vikes_fan
02-01-2006, 06:35 AM
"so-cal vike" wrote:

Who do we make the check payable to? (For those not using paypal)

Mr. Canadian Vikes Fan

:lol:

so-cal vike
02-01-2006, 06:39 AM
Nice try. :lol:

I'm guessing that's not exactly correct.

ultravikingfan
02-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Maybe webmaster?

(or me) :razz:

so-cal vike
02-02-2006, 03:29 AM
I didn't think that "webmaster" was an acceptable payee.

ultravikingfan
02-02-2006, 04:34 AM
Just PM webby.

Put Donation as the title; he'll respond in microseconds! :wink:

slinkey
02-11-2006, 04:31 AM
even i gave 10 bucks, common!

gregair13
02-14-2006, 05:31 AM
gotta support your troops. SKOL vikings.

Webby
02-14-2006, 05:59 AM
Okay, I am going to close this thread and summarize it in one big announcement post so its easy to read.

Thank you all for the help. I haven't been kicked out of the house because of the new server bills! (not that you would, honey, its just a joke!)

Onward and upward for 2006!!!

ChiTownVike
02-14-2006, 06:17 AM
Ill send in by mail whatever I can come up with

I work on allowance and I will try and send in $30 by the end of the week

NordicNed
02-14-2006, 06:24 AM
Webby,

Check the new feature thread you started..

I posted my situation, but that will change come spring.....I'll be more that happy to do my part in supporting this great site then......

Thanks, Ned