PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the @Lions game

Jordan
11-28-2005, 04:04 AM
Tice has a 7-0 against the Lions in his coaching career with the Vikings. We should be in pretty good shape going into Detroit because we have a heavy load of momentum behind us going into this game while Detroit has no momentum at all. Detroit looks a bit confused after that loss to the Falcons. I think Mooch has really given up on this team, his team has given up on him and he just really doesn't care anymore because he knows he has nothing with this team but a bunch of busts(Joey Harrington, Charles Rogers).
Keys to the game
Defense
-Get pressure on Joey Harrington/Garcia like Atlanta did
-Don't let their receivers make the big play
-No penalties
-Don't try to make the big play just play it simple
-Stop Kevin Jones

Offense
-Get Moore/Bennett going early
-Get Brad in a groove early
-Receivers have to make big plays
-Take Dre Bly out the game/Get his head out the game
-No penalties Marcus Johnson

LuckyVike
11-28-2005, 04:08 AM
I hope our team stay calm and doesn't get too cocky. I think the only way we'll lose this game is if we beat ourselves by going into it thinking we'll walk all over them. If we pull this off, we'll be on a 5 game win streak. Then we play the Rams who are terrible, so we could end up on a 6 game winning streak!!!! I had no idea 6 weeks ago we'd be where we are now.

midgensa
11-28-2005, 04:14 AM
We really should be in very good shape in this game ... and while I don't like looking ahead ... with the injuries and the terribleness of their defense the Rams game should be solid too. We should be 8-5 when we welcome the Steelers to the Dome and whould have a full head of steam for that huge match-up.
I think the Lions game could be a blowout if we come out and score early. But we do like to make things interesting sometimes ... hope we don't fall into a trap here.

midgensa
11-28-2005, 04:17 AM
"Jordan" wrote:

Tice has a 7-0 against the Lions in his coaching career with the Vikings. We should be in pretty good shape going into Detroit because we have a heavy load of momentum behind us going into this game while Detroit has no momentum at all. Detroit looks a bit confused after that loss to the Falcons. I think Mooch has really given up on this team, his team has given up on him and he just really doesn't care anymore because he knows he has nothing with this team but a bunch of busts(Joey Harrington, Charles Rogers).
Keys to the game
Defense
-Get pressure on Joey Harrington/Garcia like Atlanta did
-Don't let their receivers make the big play
-No penalties
-Don't try to make the big play just play it simple
-Stop Kevin Jones

Offense
-Get Moore/Bennett going early
-Get Brad in a groove early
-Receivers have to make big plays
-Take Dre Bly out the game/Get his head out the game
-No penalties Marcus Johnson

By the way you need to narrow it to 3 keys at least. When there are Five they are not keys, just things you would like to do :lol: I mean I think you could list all five of those for EVERY game right.

The keys to this game are:
1) Pressuring Harrington/Garcia into mistakes and taking advantage of those mistakes
2) Keeping Jones quiet
3) Play mistake free offense and getting points off turnovers ... big plays may not even be needed.

tosstomoss
11-28-2005, 04:18 AM
I agree with the first post except Bennett going early, he is useless. Wow a hundred yard game here and there

Jordan
11-28-2005, 04:21 AM
The 1 thing we can't do if we want 2 keep this win streak up is not get the big head and just think were gonna beat everybody.

bono
11-28-2005, 04:30 AM
Keys to the Lions game? Just show up. After the way they've been playing as of late, I wonder just HOW did they get those four wins they got!
YIKES!

cajunvike
11-28-2005, 04:34 AM
1. Play shutout Defense
2. Light up the scoreboard on Offense
3. Win the Special Teams battle

Couldn't get any simpler! LOL

midgensa
11-28-2005, 04:42 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

1. Play shutout Defense

And the new Vikings head coach is ... nah ... I don't think so

Mikecarter81
11-28-2005, 04:48 AM
I think no turnovers, good pressure on detroit QB, nice running game. I don't care if we rush for 200 yards, but just don't abandon it, we need to be patent accept the initial 2 or 3 yard gains becuase later on in the game those easy ones start to turn into 6 to 7 even 10 yard gains.

Mike

ultravikingfan
11-28-2005, 04:50 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

1. Play shutout Defense

If we play shutout Defense, then all we need is a FG. :wink:

michaelmazid
11-28-2005, 05:03 AM
bench Marcus Johnson!!!!

mnvikesfan11
11-28-2005, 05:07 AM
I hope the vikes can just go in there and take care of business if we can do that we should be in pretty good shape this week.

lilvikes33
11-28-2005, 05:37 AM
Yes, yes this is a key game.....but lets face it....with 5 losses already and the Bears winning....every game is a key game......im juss glad our fate is in our hands...the Bears had a easy first half schedule and i was hoping that they would lose to the bucs but their D is looking sooo strong

Gift
11-28-2005, 06:41 AM
"bono" wrote:

Keys to the Lions game? Just show up. After the way they've been playing as of late, I wonder just HOW did they get those four wins they got!
YIKES!This sounds alot like the giants forums before they played us. :cool:

pigskinronin
11-28-2005, 07:27 AM
"tosstomoss" wrote:

I agree with the first post except Bennett going early, he is useless. Wow a hundred yard game here and there

At least his last 100 yd game was against the Lions! I've been a Moore supporter from the preseason, but Bennett is good for a change of pace back, plus Moore could use a breather once in awhile.

cajunvike
11-28-2005, 08:04 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

1. Play shutout Defense

That works for me! :grin:

gregair13
11-28-2005, 08:11 AM
lions are in the fight for a very high draft pick this year. we do indeed need to show up, and a little more. get a bit on pressure and dont turn the ball over and we will be rolling to 5 in a row.

magicci
11-28-2005, 09:25 AM
we have to "score more points then the other team" because the team that does that is usually the winner hahaha

MaddenVodkaAddict
11-28-2005, 10:18 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

1. Play shutout Defense

or a safety.

NordicNed
11-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Just don't play down to their level of play.....Or go in there thingking it will be a cake walk..

Just go in there and do what weve been doing, play hard and just win baby.....

Lotza
11-28-2005, 01:53 PM
W I N T U R N O V E R B A T T L E ! ! ! !

simonsparre
11-28-2005, 02:16 PM
LOL Magicci

Offence:
-Run on the outside, Lions has some BIIIG DTs
-Play safe!
-NO HOLDINGS!

Defence:
-Play like the last games
-Dream Dovonte
-Win turnover battle

mnvikes61
11-28-2005, 04:00 PM
it'll be the same as it has been in the last four weeks, be smart with the football. if you look at the last 4 victories we've owned in the T.O battle, our defense is playing aggresively and that needs to continue in order to get turnovers and Johnson, even though he's not lighting up the score board with stats is just managing the game.

this has been the BIGGEST difference with our team, not that Smoot is out or that Johnson is in. quite frankly i don't give a rats a$$ who is in as long as we keep playing the way we have been for 4 football games. you could put Bennett, Spergun Wynn, and all the players you make fun on the field there and if we were winning if them, i bet we wouldn't hear a peep about how we want this player in or pull that player

Paulbedy59
11-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Yeah Bennet is good for a change of pace.If we feel like losing yardage after Moore has been picking it up we throw Bennet in..

michaelmazid
11-28-2005, 08:57 PM
We beat the Lions the same way we beat them the last time around. Blitz Blitz and than Blitz some more. With a healthy Fred Smoot being back in the lineup, we keep sending Brian Williams to Blitz Joey's assss.

mnjamie
11-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Contain K.Jones and the game is ours ... The only true key to the game for us. The rest will just fall into place.

whiteviking24
11-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Where is our standing in the NFL for off. and def. now after yesterdays game?

Big C
11-28-2005, 09:27 PM
The Bears won this weekend because the Bucs missed a 27 yard field goal. The only Bears TD was because the Bucs fumbled on their own 1 yard line. They won against San Francisco because they returned a missed field goal for a frickin TD. They won against Detroit because Garcia threw the ball at a safety instead of a WR in OT. Their Defense is AWESOME but they have had a lot of luck going their way too. They are not as good as their record shows.

The keys against the lions:
1. Keep Jones in check.
2. Double Roy Williams. Or just stick Dovonte on him :)
3. Pressure Harrington or Garcia.

Yes. The keys are all with the Defense. That means Cottrell (shudder).

RussC
11-29-2005, 09:17 PM
just wondering what you guys think will be the key to beat the lions? anyone else worried in a bad way about going into uncharted territroy after the loss of mooch?? i know were going to take them,, im just worried they got a little more fire in their step.. lets give K. Jones another onslaughht of D,, man that guy can't protect worth shit sometimes,, seen him get blown up again the other week, i hope we can exploit their D. again on the run. lets hope MeMo gets it rolling,, Id like to see Fason with some plays too,, coming off the best offensive scoreing streak in the last few weeks, i think we can steam roll Detroit once again.. Ill be at the game at ford field, so i hope for another huge game,, :cool:

RK.
11-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Of all the games we have left to play this should be the easiest week for us. Losing Mooch in season is not going to help them out. I expect the boo birds to be out in force in Detroit this weekend. I haven't heard anyone say that firing the coach was a good move on the owners part.

V-Unit
11-29-2005, 09:48 PM
We need to stay focused and not let all the crap going down in detroit distract us. It is looking like a very timid away game because the Lions have already lost their fans.

Strategy-wise. RUN the ball hard and often. If our defense maintains their level of play of the past 4 games and our offense controls the clock we will win. We need to just keep playing the old-fashioned football style we have reverted to. Win TOP, Limit turnovers on offense, create turnovers on D, and play a complete 60 minute game.

I just hope we stay focused and don't play down to their level because we can ill afford to lose this game.

cc21
11-29-2005, 09:48 PM
I think that the key is playing good defense and having a good running game. If we can do those two things we should beat the lions with no problem what so ever.

Mr. Purple
11-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Man Kevin Jones hasnt done Shiat this year. Shut down thier running game or what little of it thats left and just like V-Unit said we need to pound the ball...if MeMo gets tired, throw fason in.

They played terrible last week, absolutley terrible. We need to capitolize on thier mistakes this week. Cuz if the cowboys win , Carolina wins,and a New Orleans win ties us with falcons and bucs and puts us up on the giants

pretty crazy to think that the falcons a team that destroyed us is only 1 game up now...

cajunvike
11-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Hopefully, they won't come out and do all sorts of unpredictable stuff this week...you never know, Jauron might try to install his old Bears playbook in one week!

Lotza
11-29-2005, 10:46 PM
their new coach WON'T lead them to a w this week!

michaelmazid
11-29-2005, 10:49 PM
We beat them the same way we beat them earlier this season. Blitz on defense and run the ball up their throat. I say we win 24-10.

RK.
11-29-2005, 11:11 PM
I predict we score at least 31 pts. I think Brad is getting more comfortable as the QB every week and has his receivers up to speed with his rhythm.

whackthepack
11-29-2005, 11:18 PM
This scares me with Detroit firing Mooch and hiring Jeron, the players might be up for the game and this could be unpredictable.

Gift
11-29-2005, 11:28 PM
I'm worried every week regardless, but our team is looking solid right now.

Wiggles67
11-30-2005, 12:41 AM
On Defense, we just have to continue what we have been doing the past 4 weeks. Get pressure on whoever they decide to put in there at QB and be careful not to give up the big play.

On Offense, the most important thing is a RUNNING game. Have nice controlled drives, they have a very poor D line and we need to exploit it. If we can establish the run and have a few long pounding drives that will open up the passing game for Brad. And of course no penalties!? we still seem to get them at the worst time ever that negate huge plays!

SWAYZE74
11-30-2005, 06:12 AM
1) toss harrington like a rag doll...
2) toss garcia like a rag doll...
3) make jauron cry like he did in chicago...
4) break another nfl record by returning a punt, kick-off, int., and a fumble for a TD just for fun...

peace...

SJHILL
11-30-2005, 06:19 AM
I think the main objective is to stop Kevin Jones. Other than that, get the running came going. MeMo should get atleast 130 yards(130-160 ideally)