PDA

View Full Version : K. Robinson Wins Award

UndisputedVike
11-24-2005, 06:01 AM
Didn't see anyone post this yet, If you did I didn't see it and sorry for repost.

ROBINSON WINS TEAM AWARD

TEAMMATES VOTE ROBINSON WINNER OF 2005 ED BLOCK COURAGE AWARD

The Minnesota Vikings have selected Koren Robinson as the 2005 recipient of the team's Ed Block Courage Award. The award is presented annually on a vote of teammates to a representative of every NFL team who exemplifies commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and courage. Recipients are selected on a vote of teammates to recognize both on and off the field extra effort and their ability to overcome great adversity, whether personal or professional.

Since 1984, the Ed Block Courage Award has become one of the most prestigious awards a player can receive because no other national football award is chosen solely by a vote of his peers. Winners from all 32 NFL teams travel to Baltimore every March to receive their trophy at a gala in their honor, but their experience does not end there. During their stay, the recipients spend time at the local Courage House at St. Vincent's Center. This visit, and the time spent with the children, allows each recipient to fully comprehend the true meaning of the award.

PAST VIKINGS ED BLOCK COURAGE AWARD WINNERS

2005- Koren Robinson
2004- Corey Chavous
2003- Eric Kelly
2002- Lewis Kelly
2001- Daunte Culpepper
2000- Gary Anderson
1999- Robert Griffith
1998- Randall Cunningham
1997- Robert Smith
1996- Scottie Graham
1995- John Randle
1994- Cris Carter
1993- Henry Thomas
1992- Darrin Nelson
1991- Terry Allen
1990- Gary Zimmerman
1989- Jim Gustafson
1988- Leo Lewis
1987- Scott Studwell
1986- Walker Lee Ashley
1985- Keith Nord
1984- Steve Riley

* Mike Tice won the award in 1986 as a Seattle Seahawk and Vikings DB coach Kevin Ross in 1985 as a Kansas City Chief. Current Vikings players Pat Williams (2003 in Buffalo) and Fred Smoot (2003 in Washington) have earned the award with their former teams.

I think he deserves it, K. Rob has steped for us and has been superb for us on and off the field, I hope we sign him for a long term deal. This guy was a great find for us.

DPep11
11-24-2005, 06:08 AM
Kick ass, good for Robinson!

VikingsTw
11-24-2005, 06:15 AM
Nice, that just adds to the what he's got goin on and his momentum to become the player he is, without the trouble. Good Stuff!

cc21
11-24-2005, 06:22 AM
Atta boy K Rob. 2004 my boy Chavous, how bout that.

gregair13
11-24-2005, 06:26 AM
first reaction was why... but i guess he has worked really really hard to recover from his alcohol abuse. good for him

singersp
11-24-2005, 06:39 AM
"gregair13" wrote:

first reaction was why... but i guess he has worked really really hard to recover from his alcohol abuse. good for him

You never "recover" from alcohol abuse. He is "in recovery" & will be recovering the rest of his life.

He has a lot of hard work to do yet.

Congrat's to him & what he has achieved so far.

It's not an easy task & he hasn't made it thru the 1st 6 months yet. Those are the hardest months & it will take a year til he's more in the clear.

His achievements will make it that much easier as will the recognition/support. It will keep him on the path.

Ltrey33
11-24-2005, 07:06 AM
It would be sweet if he got comeback player of the year this year! Although, I'm not sure if his stats are big enough for it. Who knows? He's got a shot though.

shockzilla
11-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Good for him - he deserves it! He ALSO deserved the special teams player of the week award for the game against the Giants - did he win anything?

NordicNed
11-24-2005, 08:55 AM
One day at a time K......Great for him, I think he's showing everyone, you can't keep a good man down for ever...

He has definetly been making a name for himself with the Vikes.....Nice to see others have noticed his hard work....

audioghost
11-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Wow, and K-Rob's in good company...Cris Carter, John Randle, Culpepper, Cunningham, Robert Smith, Studwell, Zimmerman, Darrin Nelson, Gary Anderson.....great list of great players....

audioghost
11-24-2005, 10:15 AM
I think K-Rob deserves a new contract as an award.....he also deserves a better contract because he was loyal to the vikes after the Packers gave him the opportunity to start on their team if he signed....I was impressed by that, he is a stand-up dude that desserves a new contract....I don't even know where the Vikes would be this year without K-Rob on the team!

Freya
11-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Congrats to K. Robinson! Well deserved.
Skol!

ultravikingfan
11-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Didn't Onterrio Smit come in as runer-up?

:lol:

VikingMike
11-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Nice post, thanks for that. KRob seems happy with the Vikes, and there is nothing better (or more productive) than a happy employee. Congrats and good luck to him...I'm glad he's with us.

singersp
11-24-2005, 02:53 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

I think K-Rob deserves a new contract as an award.....he also deserves a better contract because he was loyal to the vikes after the Packers gave him the opportunity to start on their team if he signed....I was impressed by that, he is a stand-up dude that desserves a new contract....I don't even know where the Vikes would be this year without K-Rob on the team!

I'm sure the Vikes & Wilf will lock him into a better contract after what he has shown he can do in just a few games.

SamDawg84
11-24-2005, 03:34 PM
man audio u just made me remember robert smith lol. i finally forgot about him untill now lol. and i accdentally traded away his rookie card.but i got a eli manning rookie instead

sharper42
11-24-2005, 08:22 PM
id resign him for 4 years

Lotza
11-24-2005, 10:05 PM
nice K-rob deserves it!

i woulda thought kluwe had a shot

singersp
11-25-2005, 01:12 AM
From the Grand forks Herald;
Posted on Thu, Nov. 24, 2005

Koren Robinson given Vikings' courage award

Posted on Thu, Nov. 24, 2005
DAVE CAMPBELL
Associated Press

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - Koren Robinson has come a long way since last summer, when he was stuck in alcohol rehabilitation and unsure if he'd ever play in the NFL again.

The Minnesota Vikings picked him up, and Robinson - a first-round draft pick of the Seattle Seahawks, just four years ago - has slowly become more useful as a wide receiver. He has made his biggest impact on special teams, actually, as a kickoff returner.

But Robinson has, so far, straightened out his life off the field as he slowly overcomes his problem. For that, his teammates voted him this season's winner of the Ed Block Courage Award - an honor bestowed upon one player on every NFL team. Each winner travels to Baltimore each March to receive their trophy at a gala and spend time with children at a nearby hospital.

All smiles as he walked into the Vikings' media workroom to talk about the award with a handful of reporters on Wednesday evening, Robinson spoke proudly about his progress and beamed about the support he's been given by his friends and family. Especially those in the locker room, like cornerback Brian Williams, offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie, strong safety Corey Chavous, cornerback Fred Smoot and his fellow receivers.

"They've just accepted me," Robinson said. "It's special."

Robinson attends Alcoholics Anonymous meetings twice a week, and he also regularly visits a psychologist and has counseling sessions.

"Doing the whole nine, man," he said.

Indeed, the combination of contributions he's made on the field, the respect he's earned from his new team and the hurdles he has cleared off the field have given Robinson much to be thankful for this week.

"It's got to make you feel good," Robinson said

singersp
11-25-2005, 01:17 AM
Robinson attends Alcoholics Anonymous meetings twice a week, and he also regularly visits a psychologist and has counseling sessions.

"Doing the whole nine, man," he said.

This is a very key part to his sucess. I for one & very glad to hear that!

As for doing the whole nine, I think he means twelve! :lol: (inside joke)

i_bleed_purple
05-06-2010, 12:42 PM
good for him

Prophet
05-06-2010, 02:28 PM
UFL | K. Robinson, T. Bell signed by Orlando

Thu, 03 Sep 2009 18:09:18 -0400

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports free-agent WR Koren Robinson (Seahawks) and free-agent RB Tatum Bell (Broncos) have signed with the Orlando Tuskers of the UFL, the team announced Thursday, Sept. 3.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/1726/nfl#ixzz0nBB0Qk8C