PDA

View Full Version : Yet again this FoxSports thing is ridiculous

midgensa
11-23-2005, 05:17 AM
Ok I won't continue to whine about it next week, but how does FoxSports allow this clown to continually post these ranking that are obviously based on a BCS piece of crap system. How in the hell is Denver No. 1? How in the hell is GREEN G-AY three spots in front of a team that has swept them and is 3 games in front of them? We trail G.B., Balt, Celv, Det. and Oak in these rankings. What a damn joke ... why do I keep looking at them dammmmmit .... WHY!!!!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5105606

whiteboy
11-23-2005, 05:25 AM
its all good, cbssportline has us ranked 17th
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9057108

i don't really give a rats *** what anybody thinks. when we finish at 11-5 people will be tryin to jump on our bandwagon

sharper42
11-23-2005, 05:28 AM
espn powerrankings is crap dont even look at them

PurplePackerEater
11-23-2005, 05:46 AM
Is that culumnist stoned?

Miami's first-round pick to Green Bay for Favre would turn the Dolphins into Super Bowl contenders and give the Packers two top-10 picks to start their rebuilding.

Who would give up a first round pick for ANY 35 year old player? :roll:

mnjamie
11-23-2005, 05:55 AM
Shhhhhhh man .... keep this lil' thing we have with the Vikes quiet. Don't let the nation know we are doing well, this team excells when there are no expectations on it. Shhhhhhhhhhhh .....

ChiTownVike
11-23-2005, 05:57 AM
ya, they ranked us high at the start of year and we sucked. Now, lets just fly under the radar for a while

nephilimstorm
11-23-2005, 05:58 AM
as always...every metwork and tv broadcaster like jimmy johnson will diss our team but like u said...shhhhh everyone dont tell anyone the vikes are doing good

V-Unit
11-23-2005, 06:10 AM
To be honest the only rankings that are downright offensive are fox's. Who has a team drop after they win? We are the 19th best team in the eague right now so anything higher than 17 is realy unexpected.

vikesboy2003
11-23-2005, 06:25 AM
I was really getting ready to go to bed until i read this CRAP. I'm sitting here thinking how the hell are the Pack a head of us we beat them 3 STRAIGHT times what else do we need to do to prove we are way better then them. And to have the Lions a head of us is just stupid. But that's alright let everybody keep picking aginst us well show them becasue come January 1st at about 4:15 est the Vikings will be NFC NORTH CHAMPS Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DPep11
11-23-2005, 06:31 AM
wow that guy is a dolt.

Ltrey33
11-23-2005, 06:58 AM
What an idiot!

mnvikes61
11-23-2005, 07:02 AM
who cares where the media has us ranked? i sure as hell don't. they'll all have a chance to get in line and eat the crow that they have been dishes this season since week 2

Vikes
11-23-2005, 07:02 AM
Yea I want teams to overlook us.

Salzy
11-23-2005, 07:11 AM
The only thing that matters is getting into the playoffs. We are all 0-0 there.

gregair13
11-23-2005, 08:27 AM
ahead of the eagles oooo. mabye cuz they suck. ahha. i think the bengals are a little low on the list and the giants are a little high, same with patriots. and of coarse the packers arent last, so it is wrong.

UTVikfan
11-23-2005, 08:49 AM
Just goes to show that math and stats aren't always right. Are not often right...? Hmm, something like that.

I like how his ratings had the Colts at #6 last week, and since he didn't like that, he moved them up. Then that wasn't enough so he changed his formulas.

Pretty funny if you ask me.

midgensa
11-23-2005, 08:57 AM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

Just goes to show that math and stats aren't always right. Are not often right...? Hmm, something like that.

I like how his ratings had the Colts at #6 last week, and since he didn't like that, he moved them up. Then that wasn't enough so he changed his formulas.

Pretty funny if you ask me.

I actually like that he would change the formula to try and make it better ... so I am not gonna bag on that that much ... but it obviously still needs ALOT of tweaking.

UTVikfan
11-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Stats are stats. If you got to "enjoy" the class in college it really helps understand that. I am impressed he came up with his formula....but just like the "Aikman's" and QB rating and such....a great big grain of salt is needed with them. All of them. Course, I have to say that I like them better than "intuitive" type rankings like Z's on SI.com. He just HATES the Vikings...had us ranked like 32nd a few weeks ago. At least the numbers game is impersonal.

sunny
11-23-2005, 05:00 PM
His system is called DOVA. I got to thinking what that stands for?

Don't
Overlook
Vikings
A$$hat

JDogg926
11-23-2005, 05:23 PM
That's freakin' hilarious!! It's like he put the Colts at #1 and picked the rest out of a hat.

DCPologirl
11-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Ok guys....it's confession time. I did not vote for Bush and because Bush owns Fox.....he has a vendetta against me. I am sorry guys I know this must be a big disappointment to you *sigh*. I am sorry I caused you all pain. :???:

cajunvike
11-24-2005, 12:06 AM
"sunny" wrote:

His system is called DOVA. I got to thinking what that stands for?

Don't
Overlook
Vikings
A$$hat

D to tha iz O
V to tha iz A
Schatz is just a blowhard
That never has anything right to say!

:lol:

VikingMike
11-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Obviously his analysis is flawed...putting too much emphasis on stats that don't mean diddly. That's the problem with people who don't know anything about football, or sports in general for that matter. They think they can reduce the game to stats and leave emotions and momentum out of it. Doesn't work that way. This guy's computer needs a major overhaul.

singersp
11-24-2005, 04:11 PM
"DCPologirl" wrote:

Ok guys....it's confession time. I did not vote for Bush and because Bush owns Fox.....he has a vendetta against me. I am sorry guys I know this must be a big disappointment to you *sigh*. I am sorry I caused you all pain. :???:

I voted for Bush because of the Kerry supporters slogan "No more Bush!" :shock: That freaked me out!

I immediately had my mind made up. :grin:

singersp
11-24-2005, 04:17 PM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

Stats are stats.

I agree. Stats are stats, unless they're wins & loses.

It doesn't matter how many points you score or how many yards you gained, what matters is, did you win the game!