PDA

View Full Version : Here's what they're saying in Cheeseland.....

Muggsy
11-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Here is the link to the Wisconsin State Jounal, which runs the following article on last night's game. (Apologising in advance for the picture of Al Franken.)

http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/sports/index.php?ntid=62432

And, I'll give you a little tidbit, and a rant....

Quarterback Brett Favre was so upset that he blew off his usual post-game news conference.

Now, I may be wrong, but isn't Brat Favre supposed to be the golden-boy, the media darling? How often has he pouted after losing a game, and chickens out of the embarrasing post-game questions? More times than a golden-boy should. And yet, the media doesn't get down on him for this! To me, to show true sportsmanship, a guy takes the bad with the good, sucks it up, and stands there and answers the painful questions on why you lost. Brat Favre goes in the locker room, gets dressed, and gets his hurt feelings and chicken a$$ outta there!

But, the media will not point out this obvious character flaw in him, because he's Brat Favre, and can do nothing wrong! Well, he's just like anybody else, except that none of us have a graven image in our heads of ourselves that we worship every day, like Brat. Well, his golden idol is tarnished now, and he'll have to do an awful lot of polishing to wipe it off.

And another thing! Why is it that....

Hey! Leggo of me! Where you taking me? Not back to the padded cell again! Help! Help...............

snowinapril
11-22-2005, 08:09 PM
"OldManVike" wrote:

Here is the link to the Wisconsin State Jounal, which runs the following article on last night's game. (Apologising in advance for the picture of Al Franken.)

http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/sports/index.php?ntid=62432

And, I'll give you a little tidbit, and a rant....

Quarterback Brett Favre was so upset that he blew off his usual post-game news conference.

Now, I may be wrong, but isn't Brat Favre supposed to be the golden-boy, the media darling? How often has he pouted after losing a game, and chickens out of the embarrasing post-game questions? More times than a golden-boy should. And yet, the media doesn't get down on him for this! To me, to show true sportsmanship, a guy takes the bad with the good, sucks it up, and stands there and answers the painful questions on why you lost. Brat Favre goes in the locker room, gets dressed, and gets his hurt feelings and chicken a$$ outta there!

But, the media will not point out this obvious character flaw in him, because he's Brat Favre, and can do nothing wrong! Well, he's just like anybody else, except that none of us have a graven image in our heads of ourselves that we worship every day, like Brat. Well, his golden idol is tarnished now, and he'll have to do an awful lot of polishing to wipe it off.

And another thing! Why is it that....

Hey! Leggo of me! Where you taking me? Not back to the padded cell again! Help! Help...............

That is what I said earlier in a previous thread. Last night on NFL TA, they said "oh Favre declined a post game PC," and they just went on with other stuff. If this was anyone else, that person would have been crucified.

amth
11-22-2005, 08:14 PM
i also dont think he is an elite QB anymore he makes at least 5 or 6 BAD ROOKIE like throws a game. yet the annoucers compliment him saying how brett likes to throw in to tight spots and only brett can do that blah blah blah, double coverage triple coverage NO problem thats brett

any other QB would be feathered and tarred by the media but most media swallow brett nuts and all

realviking
11-22-2005, 08:18 PM
How can he stand to play anymore? It would be a wonder if he comes back next year. I dunno, maybe it's wishful thinking.

Wiggles67
11-22-2005, 08:27 PM
more fuel for my strong dislike of Farve and the media

grpape
11-22-2005, 08:29 PM
They're going to try their hardest to dangle some smelly cheese in front of him. I think the biggest smelly cheese will be the promise of trying to land superman out of USC.

COJOMAY
11-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Interesting "homer" article. After saying the Pack is not mathamatically out of it and how they will keep trying to start winning because they aren't that bad of a football team comes this quote:

The Vikings (5-5), meanwhile, kept hope alive for a little while longer by keeping the Bears (7-3) still within sight.
Ahhhhh yes, the Packers MAY make the playoffs but the Vikings are only alive for another week or so.
It made me laugh.

shockzilla
11-22-2005, 08:54 PM
I just LOVED the look on Favre's face when we were lining up for the game winner - he's like "Here we go again...". It was PRICELESS!!!!

WaywardHoosier
11-22-2005, 08:57 PM
A few years ago the Packers came to St. Louis for a playoff game. It was a pretty good Packer team and Favre threw 6 interceptions. Basically he threw the game away and it wasn't even a contest for the Rams.

Favre cannot be considered the best QB anymore, he needs a better offense to work with.

Leinert going to the Packers would not be a good thing. Madden needs a new Golden Boy to replace Favre and we don't need the new Golden Boy to be a Packer. Let's send him to Houston or Cleveland.

V4L
11-22-2005, 09:09 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

I just LOVED the look on Favre's face when we were lining up for the game winner - he's like "Here we go again...". It was PRICELESS!!!!

Heck yah! It was like the same face as last game.. That was too funny.. :lol:

WBLVikeBabe
11-22-2005, 09:11 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

Yes that was great! They kept showing him and I just kept laughing at him. :lol:

midgensa
11-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Yeah I loved the look on Favre's face also. However, to be fair to Favre, quite a few athletes regularly don't make themselves available to the media ... they are normally fined smalled amounts by their team, or the league will take action ... Favre probably gets hit for a small amount every time he does it. Jordan and Duncan have done it quite a few times also ... to be honest, now that I think about it, the people that don't do it like to talk about themselves a lot. I am not saying he should do it, or that it is not chicken sh1t, but it does happen with other athletes and they don't get "crucified" over it.

snowinapril
11-22-2005, 09:57 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

Yeah I loved the look on Favre's face also. However, to be fair to Favre, quite a few athletes regularly don't make themselves available to the media ... they are normally fined smalled amounts by their team, or the league will take action ... Favre probably gets hit for a small amount every time he does it. Jordan and Duncan have done it quite a few times also ... to be honest, now that I think about it, the people that don't do it like to talk about themselves a lot. I am not saying he should do it, or that it is not chicken sh1t, but it does happen with other athletes and they don't get "crucified" over it.

Crucified was only appropriate because Favre is treated like the second coming.

As far as the other athletes, I know about them.

Favre gets special treatment. There is nothing that says he has to show up, but he just didn't want to answer certain questions, like "will you retire" and "is this team finished for the season."

I don't blame him, but usually guys that make themselves unavailable to the media when they do PCs on a normal basis make their local media coverage feel betrayed and they retaliate.

Oh I forgot, you are a media person. Opps.

Anyway, I think he should have gotten up there and atleast took a few questions. He gets treated with kid gloves all the time.

I even remember KG getting it for not doing a PC after a game.

snowinapril
11-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Also, when has Favre REGULARLY not done the postgame PC. He was pouting.

All the more reason to give him a break I guess.

ultravikingfan
11-22-2005, 10:14 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

I was rubbing my butt all over the TV when they showed him and that silly look at his grill!

DarrinNelsonguy
11-22-2005, 10:23 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

Yes, that was the greatest picture ever.

whackthepack
11-22-2005, 10:29 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"shockzilla" wrote:

I was rubbing my butt all over the TV when they showed him and that silly look at his grill!

remind me not to watch TV at Ultra's!

ultravikingfan
11-22-2005, 10:39 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"shockzilla" wrote:

remind me not to watch TV at Ultra's!

Come on, its not like Favre had a big streak on his face after I did that...if you know what I mean! :wink:

singersp
11-23-2005, 03:29 AM
Here's what they're saying in Cheeseland.............

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/Packerfan.jpg

sharper42
11-23-2005, 05:47 AM
hahah nice

Lotza
11-23-2005, 05:51 AM
lmmfao singer.

shockzilla
11-23-2005, 06:19 AM
OMG Singer, that picture above :laughing3: is frickin' HILARIOUS!!!!!

mnvikes61
11-23-2005, 07:41 AM
they are probaly saying MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO just like their cows