PDA

View Full Version : Rosenthal

ItalianStallion
11-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Is it just me, or does anybody else dislike it when he is on the field. Today he absolutely BLEW against who? Aaron Kampman, please :roll:.

He can't run block and get absolutely owned at times in pass blocking. He needs to go at the end of the season, and I believe we need to either bring someone else in or draft an OT in the first round.

cajunvike
11-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Yeah...I was like WTF??? He DOMINATES Strahan last week and then can't even contain Kampman this week...WTF???

DiehardVikesFan
11-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Rookie O Lineman are a bad idea. They take a while to develop in most cases. We're better off sticking with him or letting Marcus Johnson develop at right tackle, or looking into Free Agency

DPep11
11-22-2005, 08:19 AM
well he is an Ex-Giant, maybe he just gets up to play the Giants? :razz: I agree though, it irritates me to watch him play :roll:

umaguma1979
11-22-2005, 08:22 AM
He did not dominate Strahan.....we kept a double team on him the whole game. Rosenthal is playing too small.....his weight is a huge issue. Marcus Johnson will movext week and we will continue to exploit the left to tackle the side with McKinney and Fonoti/Herrara.

gregair13
11-22-2005, 08:25 AM
he wasnt very good todya at all. he needs to get his hands up and move his dang feet. like at least try and block him, not just shuffle with your feet and leave your hands too close to yourself.

ItalianStallion
11-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Strahan actually had a good game when we played him. Marcus came in and actually played better, as did Herrera (to replace Fonoti).

magicci
11-22-2005, 08:27 AM
something is wrong with rosenthal he wasnt playing aggressive.

modena11
11-22-2005, 08:28 AM
oh man, i was yelling at my t.v. he was brutal. so glad to see him taken out early. he better start playing or i hope they restructure his contract.

johnson for the most part did a decent job, except for the kampan sack.

enlvikeman
11-22-2005, 08:31 AM
I've been saying it for two years, Rosenthal is the worst starting tackle this team has ever had.

ItalianStallion
11-22-2005, 08:31 AM
"magicci" wrote:

something is wrong with rosenthal he wasnt playing aggressive.

That would only be true if he normally played well. Of all the lineman on our roster he is the one I am most nervous of against a good end.

magicci
11-22-2005, 08:33 AM
Rosenthal has all the features to be good he is just not putting out.

enlvikeman
11-22-2005, 08:37 AM
and why on gods green earth is a Viking wearing #64

magicci
11-22-2005, 08:38 AM
whats wrong with number 64?

cajunvike
11-22-2005, 08:39 AM
"magicci" wrote:

Rosenthal has all the features to be good he is just not putting out.

Ticepimp: Where's my money, Rosenbeeyotch???

Rosenbeeyotch: But Daddy, the DEs wouldn't pay me!

Ticepimp: Don't make me have to pimpslap you!

:lol:

magicci
11-22-2005, 08:40 AM
lol i noticed i worded it funny after i posted cajun.

modena11
11-22-2005, 08:43 AM
# 64 anthony herrera

i thought he played well, relieving the beast fonoti. had the holding call though, although that was a rough holding call to make.

LunchBox
11-22-2005, 09:46 AM
Right, but Randal McDaniel's number hasn't been retired yet?

Del Rio
11-22-2005, 02:46 PM
There is some turmoil on the line somewhere. There has been all year. Our team has never done well against teams with the smaller DE's Kampman is a beast he has always been one. I would much rather have him then Udeze and we almost had him too, but GB matched his offer sheet.

Paulbedy59
11-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Del,what do you think of drafting a guy like Brickshaw or the second rated tackle and moving mckinny to the right side?

V4L
11-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Im getting sold on Herrerra! Man he played good last night.. Off the bench even..

I like this line next year...

McKinnie... Fonoti... Birk... Herrera or MJ?.... Brick? Rosenthal?

We might want to take a look at Greg Eslinger from the U of M too.. The guy is a built fast lineman who can pull awesome.. If we don't get Birk back I would want him at Center.. He is a beast! We need someone who can pull..

ItalianStallion
11-22-2005, 07:41 PM
"Paulbedy59" wrote:

Del,what do you think of drafting a guy like Brickshaw or the second rated tackle and moving mckinny to the right side?

Why would we move McKinnie? The guy is doing great at LT.

VikingsTw
11-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Yeah we need to do something, i think the main offseason acquisition should be a olineman, wether its a guy to replace rosy or someone else, it needs to get stronger, once we get birk back and fonoti at the right weight we could have a scary oline, and klinny is really starting to stick out to, they need to get him involved in the pass game to, i like watching him run people over.

Big C
11-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Props to Tice for pulling Rosey and putting in Johnson. Props to Tice for having faith in Herrera in case Fonoti fails/gets injured (and not suiting up Lewinski). Tice is making players responsible and they are stepping up.

We won yesterday becuase people like Herrera, M Johnson, Dovonte Edwards, Brian Williams, K-Rob, Taylor all stepped up to pitch in and make a few plays that were key. That's team effort baby. MeMo pitches in every game so he's not mentioned.

VikingsTw
11-22-2005, 08:19 PM
I think edwards has a future, this isn't the first time he's made me a believer, i've seen him make other plays, Ralph Brown to, i like the looks of our future nickle backs. Been awhile since we had a heep of CB's.

Most of all i like seeing herrera and his intensity, the mean streak, the guy looks like he just needs a chance to prove himself then the sky is the the limit.

snowinapril
11-22-2005, 08:29 PM
"Big C" wrote:

Props to Tice for pulling Rosey and putting in Johnson. Props to Tice for having faith in Herrera in case Fonoti fails/gets injured (and not suiting up Lewinski). Tice is making players responsible and they are stepping up.

We won yesterday becuase people like Herrera, M Johnson, Dovonte Edwards, Brian Williams, K-Rob, Taylor all stepped up to pitch in and make a few plays that were key. That's team effort baby. MeMo pitches in every game so he's not mentioned.

Did Johnson really do that much better than Rosey? The second play after pulling Rosey, Kampmann blew by him like Johnson had cement shoes on?

I didn't pay much attention after that. Someone stick up for Johnson, I want to be wrong on this because I want someone better than Rosey to play. I am tired of Rosey's holding and poor play.

Big C, I agree about those guys stepping it up and accepting the challenge.

VikingsTw
11-22-2005, 08:32 PM
He did alright, when he got ahold of him he held up, i'm not positive but doesnt Marcus play inside not outside, i don't know that he has the footspeed. Man u gotta be proud of Herrera though as soon as we put him in that left side was exploted.

shockzilla
11-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Big Ol' Mr. Stringer (God rest his soul) sure would be a big help right now, wouldn't he? I miss the big lug... :cry:

VikingsTw
11-22-2005, 08:47 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

Big Ol' Mr. Stringer (God rest his soul) sure would be a big help right now, wouldn't he? I miss the big lug... :cry:

Yeah that would be a hell of a career but i think he would still be around, man its unfortuantate that we lost the big guy.

Paulbedy59
11-23-2005, 12:43 AM
Mckinny is a good LT but not what I would call a franchise LT.I do think he would be a terror on the right.And Brickshaw is a beast.

ultravikingfan
11-23-2005, 12:44 AM
"Paulbedy59" wrote:

Mckinny is a good LT but not what I would call a franchise LT.I do think he would be a terror on the right.And Brickshaw is a beast.

How about Rosenthal?

Oh wait, he kinda sucks.

Never mind. :lol: