PDA

View Full Version : Got Spam?

ultravikingfan
11-21-2005, 11:16 PM
If you ever receive any PM's from somebody pushing another site or product, please let an admin aware of this.

I know a lot of you have received PM's from somebody here in the past few days.

"webmaster" wrote:

4. You may post a link to a great article or report on another fan site, however, you may not simply advertise a site. That will get you banned permanently with extreme prejudice. Ask permission to advertise and normally such is granted. No Spam!

Thank you.

cc21
11-21-2005, 11:18 PM
I got a pm for another site like 10 minutes ago.

ultravikingfan
"coreychavous21" wrote:

I got a pm for another site like 10 minutes ago.

I know. You and a bunch of other members. He is gone now.
Like I said, in the future please let us know.

Thanks!

Lotza
its good that you are laying down the law now. i have seen some of this around.

Thank you webby and ultra.

AlabamaViking
11-24-2005, 12:46 AM
I sure hope nobody minded the mention of my site for the Cheerleader Survivor Contest on the forums and in the group emails for those who vote consistently. I just wanted to make sure everyone had a place to go to see the updated spreadsheet and did not know if everyone would be able to get the Excel one I sent out in the post.
Let me know if it is/was a problem and I will eliminate that from my future postings.

Gene Ramsay
AKA - AlabamaViking

cajunvike
11-24-2005, 01:20 AM
Not a problem at all, Bama! Keep on posting!!!

PurplePeopleEaters
11-24-2005, 01:24 AM
I've never gotten one but I would tell you if I did. I dont want that junk spamming up my inbox anyways.

ultravikingfan
11-24-2005, 03:34 AM
"AlabamaViking" wrote:

I sure hope nobody minded the mention of my site for the Cheerleader Survivor Contest on the forums and in the group emails for those who vote consistently. I just wanted to make sure everyone had a place to go to see the updated spreadsheet and did not know if everyone would be able to get the Excel one I sent out in the post.
Let me know if it is/was a problem and I will eliminate that from my future postings.

Gene Ramsay
AKA - AlabamaViking

Keep 'em coming buddy!

Good contribution!

duffVIkEs
01-07-2006, 08:14 AM
What if you have a link to something in your sig?

Just curious.

Prophet
01-07-2006, 08:20 AM
"duffVIkEs" wrote:

Just curious.

Nothing. That is, if you call a visit from VikingNed and 6kings to your house at 3 a.m. with a couple of uzis and some fat chicks nothing.

ultravikingfan
01-07-2006, 04:11 PM
"duffVIkEs" wrote:

Just curious.

Thats ok.

There are other members who have their own websites and such. As long as they do not promote it without webby's approval.

Webby
01-07-2006, 05:44 PM
In general people here are pretty good about it. The rule exists to pevent the site from being an eyesore for advertising and keeps the spammers at bay. I don't want to see an ad with every post, which is why you also see next to no advertising on 99% of the site. If you're a known member in good standing, I certainly am open to discussing it.

duffVIkEs
01-18-2006, 01:33 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"duffVIkEs" wrote:

Just curious.

Nothing. That is, if you call a visit from VikingNed and 6kings to your house at 3 a.m. with a couple of uzis and some fat chicks nothing.

Wuah Oh! :lol: NOT FAT CHICKS!!

if you fat, I ain't with that....unless your name is pat!

cajunvike
01-18-2006, 01:35 AM
http://www.spam.com/

Lotza
02-02-2006, 01:22 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

http//www.spam.com/HAHAHAHAHAHA!

listen to the music!

NordicNed
02-02-2006, 01:45 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"duffVIkEs" wrote:

Just curious.

Prophet,

I thought that visit was supposed to stay between Me, You, and Six.....JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ :sad:

If I recall, I got a mail like that a few weeks ago......Can't remember what I did, I think I looked and they had like 3 members LOL...

I just looked and said, YUP, another wannabe.......

I truly feel in my heart, nothing could top this site.....

If it happens again, I'll let ya know Ultra....

I hope it isn't an issue the fact that I've been spreeding the word about PPO thru-out Europe....... :wink:

I wonder if they say the same thing, when I promote our site to them?..... :sad: