PDA

View Full Version : And this is why Mike Flanagan is a better center than Matt B

RandyMoss8404
11-20-2005, 10:50 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/nov05/371946.asp

Flanagan suffered the [sports hernia] Week 1 against Detroit but it was mild. He popped it Oct. 3 in Carolina, underwent surgery two days later in Philadelphia and returned less than four weeks later to start against Cincinnati.

"It really is a six-week injury," Flanagan said. "When things are going the way they are the easiest thing to do would be to say, 'All right, we'll see you guys in six weeks.' But it's something I wanted to do. At least I feel I'm important to this group."

"Basically, it feels like I'm getting stabbed with a hot knife," he said.

On Nov. 10, Flanagan lay on a table biting his cap and refusing to look when a physician jammed a needle into his pelvic area to inject a painkilling drug.

"That was fun," he said. "I heard him say, 'That's bone.' It may have numbed it a little bit but it didn't go away, that's for sure. If I did have another one it would be maybe four weeks from now. Hopefully, by then, I'll be pretty much out of the woods.

"There's a difference between playing with pain, which I'm doing, and being injured. If you're injured, you can't play. If you can play and it hurts like hell, (expletive) it. Get out there and play."

--

Did he say guarantee my salary?

Nuh uh.

midgensa
11-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I have often wondered why Birk did not get more grief ... I mean we all talk about being team players and such in here and he walked for no other reason than to be spiteful for not getting his contract guarunteed ... it least it very much looks that way. Birk should have played to start the season ... and then made his choice based on how he felt and how he was performing.

V4L
11-20-2005, 11:41 PM
I don't blame Birk for what he did.. He just wants so job security.. No big deal

magicci
11-21-2005, 03:44 AM
birk had many surgeries already, he came back too early from one and will not take the chance again.

thepacksux
11-21-2005, 04:36 AM
the surgery he needed was for a torn labrum in his hip, which was causing the hernias. read a little before making a ridiculous topic like this

thepacksux
11-21-2005, 04:37 AM
not you moss, i meant the packer fan that posted that crap

cajunvike
11-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Birk played hurt last year...it wasn't too much to ask them to guarantee his salary to play hurt...I think that the front office is the one that dropped the ball!

birddog
11-21-2005, 08:34 AM
Well first time in the forums here and this is the first thing I read.. wow!

The internet sure houses all types that need to get out of the house a little more.

Nice thread. :roll:

magicci
11-21-2005, 08:43 AM
huh? is that an offensive remark?

VikingsM4
11-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Yo Mag this is me on PP.O

magicci
11-21-2005, 09:06 AM
lol i found ya now thanks

birddog
11-21-2005, 09:16 AM
"magicci" wrote:

huh? is that an offensive remark?

Concerning the thread topic, content of said article and BS about Birk's contract situation in making sure that he has a job and a paycheck, Yes. If thats what you're asking..

One mild surgery to Flannigan in comparison to several linked injuries and surgeries that have stemed from one another over the span of a few years.. do I need to go any further?

Birk's a man - after a major selfless sacrifice He's taking care of himself and in doing so, his team.