PDA

View Full Version : Are they serious? ESPN Week 11 Picks



Mr Anderson
11-20-2005, 02:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent


ESPN must have made an exception and allowed their employees to drink at work.

mnvikes61
11-20-2005, 02:07 PM
no big suprise to me. the love fest for Packers is at an all time high this season after they went to atlanta and beat them. i'm really beginning to hate ESPN, i used to watch it all the time but now i can hardly stand to hear them talking about the NFL and espically the vikings

NordicNed
11-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Nice to see Golic on our side, plus he's got the second best pick record...

But then again, I could out pick most of them guys on a weekly basis.....

C_MoneyVikesFan
11-20-2005, 02:39 PM
I usually don't put too much stock into the ESPN picks. Remember last week?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent?week=10

Giants all across the board for them. I love it when we prove them wrong.


SKOL!!

mnvikes61
11-20-2005, 02:42 PM
"VikingNed" wrote:

Nice to see Golic on our side, plus he's got the second best pick record...

But then again, I could out pick most of them guys on a weekly basis.....
yup same here Ned i'm like 30 games over .500 for the season :grin:
wasn't Golic one of those 'experts' that was saying earlier in the year that the vikings should just pack it in because the season was over? :???:

CynicalVike
11-20-2005, 04:01 PM
They all picked Carolina over Chicago today, so lets hope they are at least half right! LOL

Eyedea
11-20-2005, 04:10 PM
I listen to Mike and Mike in the morning (greenberg and golic) on espn radio and golic has always seemed to be a supporter of the vikings

SamDawg84
11-20-2005, 04:32 PM
golic couldnt reist us lol

GreenBaySlackers
11-20-2005, 04:38 PM
On all of ESPN's Computers...
http://www.godalrighty.com/images/moron.jpg

snowinapril
11-20-2005, 04:42 PM
It is an easy pick for a non fan.

GB at home.
GB beat ATL in Ga.
MN beat NYG in NJ.

Everything is even except for the fact that it is a home game for GB and it is an outside road game for us. Toss up, you pick the home team.

That is why we are the underdog here, we are playing against the odds, it is a uphill battle. Now can you blame anyone on the pick list for chosing GB. I can't.

With that said, WE WIN, Skol Vikings!

UTVikfan
11-20-2005, 04:45 PM
If I had a choice of two fairly evenly matched teams I just didn't care about, and wanted to win.....I would pick the home team.

snowinapril
11-20-2005, 04:59 PM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

If I had a choice of two fairly evenly matched teams I just didn't care about, and wanted to win.....I would pick the home team.

Also have to add which I forgot to add in my orig post, it is 2 evenly matched teams with losing records. That is another reason to PICK the HOME TEAM.

I smell an upset!!!! Skol Vikes!

Caine
11-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Why is this even shocking?

Green Bay has a much higher ranked Offense.
Green Bay has a much higher ranked Defense.
Green Bay is at home.
Green Bay has been competative in every game they've played.

Minnesota's Offense is anemic.
Minnesota's Defense is gives up lots of points.
Minnesota is playing on the road, on grass, in the cold.
Minnesota has been completely blown out in every loss, except 1.
Minnesota has squeeked by in every win, except 1.

Based upon statistics, location, and performance, the obvious choice is Green Bay. If I weren't a Viking fan, I would pick Green Bay.

Winning, for us, requires that we fullfil a number of Maddenesque "Duh-isms" (A "Duh-ism" is something so bloody obvious, simply saying it makes you appear stupider than Madden).

Basically, we need to show up, and we need them NOT to. I'm hoping for it, but I'm not betting on it.

Caine

snowinapril
11-20-2005, 05:49 PM
"Caine" wrote:

Why is this even shocking?

Green Bay has a much higher ranked Offense.
Green Bay has a much higher ranked Defense.
Green Bay is at home.
Green Bay has been competative in every game they've played.

Minnesota's Offense is anemic.
Minnesota's Defense is gives up lots of points.
Minnesota is playing on the road, on grass, in the cold.
Minnesota has been completely blown out in every loss, except 1.
Minnesota has squeeked by in every win, except 1.

Based upon statistics, location, and performance, the obvious choice is Green Bay. If I weren't a Viking fan, I would pick Green Bay.

Winning, for us, requires that we fullfil a number of Maddenesque "Duh-isms" (A "Duh-ism" is something so bloody obvious, simply saying it makes you appear stupider than Madden).

Basically, we need to show up, and we need them NOT to. I'm hoping for it, but I'm not betting on it.

Caine

Caine, the "realitycheck", your post is so accurate and to comment any further would be a true Duhism.

OK, I have to throw one in there, can't resist.

"Well for the Vikings to win, they will have to beat the Packers"

Ltrey33
11-20-2005, 05:52 PM
They're all on crack.

V4L
11-20-2005, 05:52 PM
i totally agree with Caine as well.. The odds are against us right now.. The Pack have just been falling short against some good teams.. They are fresh off of a win on the road against the Falcons.. And insert all of Caine's points here!

viks_fan21
11-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I can see why they would pick the Pack over us but how does Hoge have Texans over Chiefs, and how is the Cinci v. Indy game a toss up.

How do you not favor the Colts when they are undefeated? just stupid.

snowinapril
11-20-2005, 06:18 PM
"viks_fan21" wrote:

Yeah, I can see why they would pick the Pack over us but how does Hoge have Texans over Chiefs, and how is the Cinci v. Indy game a toss up.

How do you not favor the Colts when they are undefeated? just stupid.

You have to pick a few upsets.

I agree though.

Colts win

Chiefs/Texans, could go either way. Texans will win one more game, will it be this weekend? Probably not.

BBQ Platypus
11-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Well, it's an uphill battle for us, but beating the Packers isn't anywhere near as difficult a task as beating the Giants. Everyone thought the Pacqueers were the cat's @$$ after beating the Saints, too. Let's see what happens. My prediction in the style of Dr. Z (the "Z" is for "ztupid"):

And, finally, in the Monday nighter, the Packers face off against the Vikings. The Packers are favored, at home, and outdoors, where the Vikings don't seem to play well (I'm going to ignore last week's game against the Giants, because EVERYONE knows that it was a fluke). On paper, it looks like I should favor my beloved Packers. However, Brett seemed to be a bit less energetic last night during our usual butt-love fest, and I take that to be a bad sign. I hate to do this, but I'm going with the Vikings. And if you're reading this, Brett, please come back! The whole Tom Brady fling was just a mistake! I still love you!!!!!!!

Lotza
11-20-2005, 06:37 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Why is this even shocking?

Green Bay has a much higher ranked Offense.
Green Bay has a much higher ranked Defense.
Green Bay is at home.
Green Bay has been competative in every game they've played.

Minnesota's Offense is anemic.
Minnesota's Defense is gives up lots of points.
Minnesota is playing on the road, on grass, in the cold.
Minnesota has been completely blown out in every loss, except 1.
Minnesota has squeeked by in every win, except 1.

Based upon statistics, location, and performance, the obvious choice is Green Bay. If I weren't a Viking fan, I would pick Green Bay.

Winning, for us, requires that we fullfil a number of Maddenesque "Duh-isms" (A "Duh-ism" is something so bloody obvious, simply saying it makes you appear stupider than Madden).

Basically, we need to show up, and we need them NOT to. I'm hoping for it, but I'm not betting on it.

Caine

Caine, the "realitycheck", your post is so accurate and to comment any further would be a true Duhism.

OK, I have to throw one in there, can't resist.

"Well for the Vikings to win, they will have to beat the Packers"

"Usually the team that scores the most points, wins the game."

6-KINGS
11-20-2005, 06:51 PM
As I looked at the ESPN site one thing spang into my brain.
Ignorant sheep always follow each other and travel in flocks.

ESPN and all their talking heads suffer from believing they are important and matter in the real world.

I mean what type of person talks about sports for a living and expects respects.

They are the school yard rejects.

For the love of pete, Quadry Ismail has a show.
That guy was Venus DeMilo in pads.

BBQ Platypus
11-20-2005, 06:58 PM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"Caine" wrote:

Why is this even shocking?

Green Bay has a much higher ranked Offense.
Green Bay has a much higher ranked Defense.
Green Bay is at home.
Green Bay has been competative in every game they've played.

Minnesota's Offense is anemic.
Minnesota's Defense is gives up lots of points.
Minnesota is playing on the road, on grass, in the cold.
Minnesota has been completely blown out in every loss, except 1.
Minnesota has squeeked by in every win, except 1.

Based upon statistics, location, and performance, the obvious choice is Green Bay. If I weren't a Viking fan, I would pick Green Bay.

Winning, for us, requires that we fullfil a number of Maddenesque "Duh-isms" (A "Duh-ism" is something so bloody obvious, simply saying it makes you appear stupider than Madden).

Basically, we need to show up, and we need them NOT to. I'm hoping for it, but I'm not betting on it.

Caine

Caine, the "realitycheck", your post is so accurate and to comment any further would be a true Duhism.

OK, I have to throw one in there, can't resist.

"Well for the Vikings to win, they will have to beat the Packers"

"Usually the team that scores the most points, wins the game."

Yeah, well I can tell you what the score's gonna be before this game even starts:

0-0. :lol:

WBLVikeBabe
11-20-2005, 09:21 PM
pssshhhh who cares what they think. Like C_money said, remember last week? Everyone thought we were gonna lose and we proved em' all wrong. Let's do it again, GO VIKES!!!!

sharper42
11-20-2005, 09:36 PM
im used to having everyone against us, lets just prove them wrong just like the last 2 weeks

DCPologirl
11-20-2005, 10:32 PM
"Mr Anderson" wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent


ESPN must have made an exception and allowed their employees to drink at work.

Nice sig Mr. ANDERSON! Almost all of the experts picks have been wrong so far......soooooooooo

gregair13
11-20-2005, 10:51 PM
yeah well today has been a tough day so far. god damn bears!

mnvikesfan11
11-20-2005, 11:13 PM
I don't put much into the espn picks because just go back to last week when they all picked the giants.

magicci
11-21-2005, 02:56 AM
chicago wiped them all out. as did the falcons game with the exception of one, same with the raiders and rams and steelers and the dolphins got blown out.

WHAT AN UPSET WEEKEND COME ON VIKINGS DONT END THE TREND!!!!

and one more thing, the bears are really starting to scare me now. is anyone else starting to believe this is not a fluke?

DemonicViking
11-21-2005, 03:00 AM
Braylon Edwards made a couple of nice catches in that game. Dolphins are putrid.

happy camper
11-21-2005, 03:20 AM
it was would be cool if there was an automatica ban for anyone making a thread about "so and so in the media made a BAD prediction"

95% of the time, its only because its against our favorite team.

so yeah, automatica ban. i never complain about threads, but these media hating threads get rediculous.

magicci
11-21-2005, 03:22 AM
someones a not so happy camper

collegeguyjeff
11-21-2005, 09:09 AM
yeah it don't take a genius to pick who's going to win most the time