PDA

View Full Version : Tillman Killed

LAVike
04-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Former NFL DB Pat Tillman was killed in a firefight in Afghanistan on Thursday. Pat was a member of the Arizona Cardinals, who left the team after 9/11 to become a member of the Special Forces with his brother, Kevin. He was the 226th pick in the draft in 1998.

Wow . . . this is really unfortunate. I remember this guy leaving a big NFL contract to join the army. I had a lot of respect for him and his decision to exit the NFL and serve our country. He was, and still is, a great man.

The report was in yahoo.com news today.

purplehorn
04-23-2004, 12:31 PM
A true hero :thumbleft:

billvike
04-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Unfortunetly this is when the world becomes real and we get pulled out of our little football world (well which im usually in). This man is a TRUE TRUE AMERICAN HERO. Its sad he did what he thought was right by serving his country and keeping us safe. I thank him and my heart and prays and wishes are with his family.

Mr. Tillman I salute you :salute:

Viking_Spirit
04-23-2004, 02:11 PM
An American Hero, he was a great man

Thanks for your service Pat

VikingsTw
04-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Tillman was a great guy, I went to a couple of Arizona Cardinal training camps and he was one of the coolest guys there, he never ignored a chance to sign an audogragh for a little kid or anybody, he was a great guy and would talk to anyone about anything just a true pro, people like TO and Allen Iverson should take a look at what this guy did and see just how good they have it, there always bitching and moning about stupid things, look what this guy did turned down a monster contract to give up his life for us

vikings_fan66
04-24-2004, 10:37 PM
Tillman, a true hero. We should all follow in his example and stop being so selfish

vikes2456
04-24-2004, 11:00 PM
As said before a true hero, he gave up an easy life to protect all of us, and he gave his life to protect all of us. Rest in piece.

jmiller1
04-24-2004, 11:16 PM
R.I.P Pat Tillman.Thanks for your support for this country.

hovan
04-28-2004, 04:36 AM
A selfless Soul. A true Patriot :salute: