PDA

View Full Version : PP.O at Cleveland game

AngloVike
11-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Ok I know we still have the Packers to play on Monday but I'm a countdown here for flying out next week for the match against Cleveland.
Is there any gatherings planned prior to the game by PP.O members or is everyone just heading to the Dome to get in the warm ?

just curious so that I know whether to keep an eye out for large groups of delinquents lurking about :lol:
I won't be hard to spot.. look for the St George's flag ( thats a white background with a red cross on it for you heathens :wink: ) with Anglo Vike on it. Feel free to come and say hi as I won't bite - assuming I've had breakfast that morning

singersp
11-17-2005, 12:41 PM
I'll be at the game for sure. :grin:

I haven't heard or seen anything regarding a horde of Vikings fans from PPO gathering at Rapid Park or behind the liquor depot as of yet.

Hopefully, they'll post here & we can get something going.

mnjamie
11-17-2005, 01:35 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

Ok I know we still have the Packers to play on Monday but I'm a countdown here for flying out next week for the match against Cleveland.
Is there any gatherings planned prior to the game by PP.O members or is everyone just heading to the Dome to get in the warm ?

just curious so that I know whether to keep an eye out for large groups of delinquents lurking about :lol:
I won't be hard to spot.. look for the St George's flag ( thats a white background with a red cross on it for you heathens :wink: ) with Anglo Vike on it. Feel free to come and say hi as I won't bite - assuming I've had breakfast that morning

You write your name on your beloved Flag and we are the "heathens" ?? Your mom put your name in your underwear when you were young and now you have this compulsion to write it on everything you own don't you?? j/k :lol:

Hey Anglo .... havn't talk to ya in awhile ..... Thanks again for this awsome sig.. I hope your trip goes well, I need to make a pilgrimage back to Minny sometime soon as it has been awhile. Just spoiled down here in FL and to be honest, don't like the cold or the snow !!!! :grin:

AngloVike
11-17-2005, 03:34 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

You write your name on your beloved Flag and we are the "heathens" ?? j/k :lol: grin:

great old tradition here when people are attending overseas sporting events - soccer, cricket, rugby.
Often it has the name of the fan's club side they support on and where they come from or just where they're from.

believe it or not it is very respectful :cheers:

Wiggles67
11-17-2005, 04:13 PM
that's pretty cool AngloVike I like that idea. And are you really flying over from England just for the game? that is really impressive!

AngloVike
11-18-2005, 09:09 AM
"Wiggles67" wrote:

that's pretty cool AngloVike I like that idea. And are you really flying over from England just for the game? that is really impressive!
yep I'll be over for my yearly visit, was originally hoping to get over for the GB game but had to scrub that idea.
If I won the lotto here then I'd be over for every home game :grin:

hawaiianvike21
11-18-2005, 09:50 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

You write your name on your beloved Flag and we are the "heathens" ?? j/k :lol: grin:

great old tradition here when people are attending overseas sporting events - soccer, cricket, rugby.
Often it has the name of the fan's club side they support on and where they come from or just where they're from.

I bet that if any american went to london for example and did the same concept you did, get the american flag and write his/her name on it, he/she would get pummled by everyone over there.

Dont know if you saw Deuce bigalo european gigolo but deuce wore an outfit of the american flag and the amsterdamians pummeled the hell out of him. Do you know if thats true for London too? :lol:

olson_10
11-18-2005, 09:57 AM
im comin down for that game from canada, so hopefully pp.o members have somethin planned

Caine
11-18-2005, 10:02 AM
I just posted my plans to be there in this thread (Caine's Magical Mystery Tour... (http://purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=252117#252117)).

This is shaping up to be quite the gathering.

Caine

Lotza
11-18-2005, 01:07 PM
have fun guys!

AngloVike
11-18-2005, 01:08 PM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

I bet that if any american went to london for example and did the same concept you did, get the american flag and write his/her name on it, he/she would get pummled by everyone over there.

Dont know if you saw Deuce bigalo european gigolo but deuce wore an outfit of the american flag and the amsterdamians pummeled the hell out of him. Do you know if thats true for London too? :lol:
I guess it's possible as the American flag is distinctive - I guess I can get away with in the US because not many Americans would recognise it as the English flag - as opposed to the Union Flag that you might recognise more readily.

Lotza
11-18-2005, 01:14 PM
hey anglo. way to make the choice of getting the tix to probably our easiest game of the year!!!

thats what i would do.

don't even risk seeing a loss.

cajunvike
11-18-2005, 04:33 PM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

hey anglo. way to make the choice of getting the tix to probably our easiest game of the year!!!

thats what i would do.

That's what the Giants probably thought...but I hope that the Vikes don't look past the Browns and that you all enjoy watching the Vikes whoop butt! :grin:

cc21
11-18-2005, 04:36 PM
I'll be at the game. It should be a fun one to go to especially since its the browns. :lol:

AngloVike
11-18-2005, 05:42 PM
"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

thats what i would do.

no such thing as an easy game - I've seen the Vikes play the Lions twice - which is some folks eyes are a gimme - and both games were closer than they should be.
Our rule of thumb for trips is to see what dates we can travel due to work, cost etc and form that try to pick the teams that we haven't seen the Vikes play before ... only exception to that rule would be the Packer game.
I just like to see the Vikes really kick someone's butt in a big blowout game !

gregair13
11-18-2005, 07:01 PM
ha browns suck. i guess edwards might be fun to watch on them. you peeps going just better hope he doesnt get turf burn again.

cajunvike
11-18-2005, 07:07 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

thats what i would do.

no such thing as an easy game - I've seen the Vikes play the Lions twice - which is some folks eyes are a gimme - and both games were closer than they should be.
Our rule of thumb for trips is to see what dates we can travel due to work, cost etc and form that try to pick the teams that we haven't seen the Vikes play before ... only exception to that rule would be the Packer game.

I hope you get your wish, Anglo! :grin:

AngloVike
11-18-2005, 08:17 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:

thats what i would do.

I hope you get your wish, Anglo! :grin:
well either way I could end up with no voice after the game... the hoarser my voice is then the better I've enjoyed the game :lol:

Freya
11-18-2005, 08:30 PM
True for me aswell, Anglo.

cajunvike
11-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Well, I hope that both of you lose your voice at the game...that way you will leave the Dome happy!

C-PepNSalt
11-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Hey Anglo, have you converted some English fans of Rugby/soccer to fans of American football?