PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Smith we need you

vikesppe80
11-15-2005, 06:33 PM
The importance of Ontario Smith cant be overstated. Going back and forth between two mediocre backs stinks

snowinapril
11-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Yes, I wish so much that he was he too.

I really miss having a third back that looks mediocre behind a line that has for the most part underachieved all season in run blocking especially.

I really wish he was here to take some of the punishment off of Bennett and Moore. I would run the Whiz Kid up the middle and let him earn his pentence(sp?).

Moore and Smith looked darn near the same(good) last year. I am pretty sure that they would look the same (mediocre) this year.

JDogg926
11-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Moore is better than mediocre, if the line play is consistent and he gets 20 atts/game, he'll be at least a 1200 yard back, plus he's a good receiver out of the backfield. He just needs to work on the pass blocking.

jimmymac
11-15-2005, 07:03 PM
I still miss Robert Smith :cry:

Jkurtkrauss
11-15-2005, 07:03 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't understand why Bennet even trys to run between the tackles. He's too small and there aren't any holes there. His game is about the speed and bounce it outside.

If we choose to jam it up the middle, then there's got to be some holes or someone with some more meat. Ciatrick? He's bigger and uses his vision better to find the holes. He was awesome at switching direction at Florida if the need arose

mnvikes61
11-15-2005, 07:10 PM
"jimmymac" wrote:

I still miss Robert Smith :cry:
me too man. me too

jimmymac
11-15-2005, 07:15 PM
But, I'll take Ontario Smith any day. I still don't understand why the NFL tests for mj. It's not exactly "performance enhancing" and I've heard that after training camp testing a lot of players spark it up anyway, and they get all the pain killers they want.

TheKnuck
11-15-2005, 07:16 PM
i miss him too, but since this guy doesn't care about his fans or team then i say ****him! he chose pot over us fellas. when are these people going to grow up and realize it's pay for your stupid acts or simply play. Smith has hurt this team so much it isn't funny.

that's just my disgruntled opinion though!!!!

snowinapril
11-15-2005, 07:21 PM
"TheKnuck" wrote:

i miss him too, but since this guy doesn't care about his fans or team then i say ****him! he chose pot over us fellas. when are these people going to grow up and realize it's pay for your stupid acts or simply play. Smith has hurt this team so much it isn't funny.

I support your post 100%

Muggsy
11-15-2005, 07:26 PM
We need the Whizzinator? Why, we run out of pot?

Yeah, we need him.... like a hole in the head.

Big C
11-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Unless he can play Guard or Tackle I don't see how it would improve our running game. The only difference he will make is that if he gets hit in backfield, he will at least be smiling.

Vikes
11-15-2005, 07:49 PM
I don't miss Smith. I wish him luck on getting his life together but I don't miss his problems off the field.

I see some new fire in Bennett and i think he poised to have HUGE game.

Big C
11-15-2005, 07:54 PM
If we choose to jam it up the middle, then there's got to be some holes or someone with some more meat. Ciatrick? He's bigger and uses his vision better to find the holes. He was awesome at switching direction at Florida if the need arose
Mewelde is our starter. Bennet is the backup guy. Starter is injured so you put the back in. I would be nervous putting Fason for the whole game because of the little playtime he has (and against an aggressive D). Bennet (and our O-line) was running against one of the stingiest run defenses on Sunay. The Giants D-Line was literally camped in our backfield. Ciatrick got one carry on third down and got stuffed. Not his fault because there were 3 D-Lineman patiently waiting for Brad to give the ball to Fason. If Mewelde started, he would have got about 30 yards more total but that's it. The RB performance against the Giants was the result of the O-line being beat time and time again.

ItalianStallion
11-15-2005, 08:08 PM
I miss having an o-line that can run block more than I miss Smith.

SamDawg84
11-15-2005, 08:31 PM
if we get o. smith we might as well get t-ho. both are alike, they both dont care for their team mates

natethegreat
11-15-2005, 08:38 PM
"SamDawg84" wrote:

if we get o. smith we might as well get t-ho. both are alike, they both dont care for their team mates

exactly, i wouldn't want either of those two on our team, we all know the line is a way bigger problem for us than our running backs

ultravikingfan
11-15-2005, 10:16 PM
"Jkurtkrauss" wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't understand why Bennet even trys to run between the tackles. He's too small and there aren't any holes there. His game is about the speed and bounce it outside.

This is the NFL. Cannot just have Bennett to run outside. If he did, he would end up with minus yardage. Too easy to sniff out. Gotta keep the D honest and takes shot up the middle.

tarkenton10
11-15-2005, 10:20 PM
We don't need that crack head!!!! As soon as he is eligible we trade his sorry arse!!! He knew he was being watched and might be tested and didn't care about the team, teammates, fans or anyone just the crack. WASTE of space!!! Trade him and hopefully he is out of football in a year pumping gas!!! No one deserves a life of misery more than someone who could have it all but would rather do drugs. I hope he does hard labor to make a living the rest of his life!!!!! I would rahter go 0-16 than let mr. whizzanator back on the team.

Mr. Purple
11-15-2005, 10:24 PM
I lost all respect for him this offseason. IMO I like and think MeMo is a better back. He might not have onterrio's speed but he pounds the ball and hes great catching out the back field and catching in general.

magicci
11-15-2005, 10:31 PM
sometimes bennett does shoot up the middle for a quick first down which is a plus for him we just need fonoti to get up to par with us. i also cant wait to see what marcus johnson progess out to.

V-Unit
11-15-2005, 10:33 PM
How can all you Bennet haters not prefer a 1-2 punch of Smith and MeMo over a 1-2 punch of Bennet and MeMo? Sure you can argue that MM is better than Smith, but do you think Bennet is better than Smith as well?

Right now we are using 2 backs, so why not have the best 1-2 punch possible? I agree Smith is an idiot off the field, but that doesn't mean he's a bad football player.

cajunvike
11-15-2005, 10:43 PM
He's welcome back...as long as he leaves "The Chronic" (not to be confused with "The Bionic") alone!

MensaTice
11-15-2005, 11:07 PM
People have said so much about losing Moss and a lot about losing Birk but I think Smith should have been in the discussion the whole time. With two of those three still in there, a lot of the offensive problems would be solved. I understand why people don't like Onterio but the discussion about anyone we have being better than him needs to stop because it just isn't true.

collegeguyjeff
11-16-2005, 01:11 AM
smith never played that good in the first place, i don't know why were talking about this

mnvikes61
11-16-2005, 01:12 AM
he was probaly our best overall back, too bad his heart isn't in the game

ultravikingfan
11-16-2005, 05:53 AM
"collegeguyjeff" wrote:

smith never played that good in the first place, i don't know why were talking about this

Huh? I thought he was decent in the games he played last year.

magicci
11-16-2005, 05:59 AM
i still think that mewelde did perform better then smith last year and bennett did just as good as smith last year when given the chance.

viks_fan21
11-16-2005, 06:01 AM
Well, i've wanted him back ever since the suspension but i didn't want to bring it up cuz i thought it would piss people off.

Ltrey33
11-16-2005, 06:05 AM
"vikesppe80" wrote:

The importance of Ontario Smith cant be overstated. Going back and forth between two mediocre backs stinks

I'd like to have Onterrio too, but he landed himself in this mess. Moore is much better than mediocre though, and we haven't "gone back and forth" in a few weeks. Moore is the starter, he is starting this sunday. Bennett got the carries this past week cuz Moore was hurt. I think Moore is just fine for us.

Salzy
11-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Maybe we should stop hating O because he smoked pot and he "let us down", and start asking why pot is illegal.

DeathtoDenny
11-16-2005, 11:23 AM
"OldManVike" wrote:

Yeah. 9 starts and 1123 yards. Who needs him?

Bennett=64 yards per start.
Onterrio=124 yards per start.

We need Bennett like a hole in the head. Waste of cap. One good game since 02 and everyone was on his jock LOL.

digital420
11-16-2005, 11:58 AM
smith is a good rb.. he's quick. powerful and has abilities. but he needs to learn to use tea better.. or wait till offseason to chortle..

M.B and M.M make for a good combination.. and even if we had a better back i don't think our tally would be that much higher in the yardage.

we need a consistant performance from our O line and some better play calling from our coaches. then we can evaluate the differences in backs..

just my 2cents.

DiGiTaL

Storm
11-16-2005, 01:18 PM
"Salzy" wrote:

Maybe we should stop hating O because he smoked pot and he "let us down", and start asking why pot is illegal.

Indeed.

I miss Smith a lot. No matter what the haters say, he IS our best back overall.

singersp
11-16-2005, 02:34 PM
"Jkurtkrauss" wrote:

Because that's the play that is called. The hole is suposed to be there when he hits it.

It is not

SamDawg84
11-16-2005, 02:39 PM
we dont need him. let him become a free angent after this year. no 1 will sign him

singersp
11-16-2005, 02:42 PM
"TheKnuck" wrote:

They're not only hurting themselves, but hurting the team as well.

Hopefully, with a year off he will realize that fact. Sometimes that's what it takes before these guys finally realize the ramifications of their actions.

Thank God Koren has figured it out!

tarkenton10
11-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Maybe we won't try to figure out if why weed is illegal, it is and he broke the law. And who cares what he did on the field, if we can get rid of Moss for bad behavior we certainly need to drop this piece of sh*t!!! He is nowhere near Moss's talent and should be traded as soon as he gets back!!! If we have to we can draft a RB next year. He will be a distraction in '06 and we don't need any of those in any season.

singersp
11-16-2005, 03:19 PM
"tarkenton10" wrote:

Maybe we won't try to figure out if why weed is illegal, it is and he broke the law. And who cares what he did on the field, if we can get rid of Moss for bad behavior we certainly need to drop this piece of sh*t!!! He is nowhere near Moss's talent and should be traded as soon as he gets back!!! If we have to we can draft a RB next year. He will be a distraction in '06 and we don't need any of those in any season.

That's what was said about Koren as well!

I would bet I could revisit the 1st thread we had about Koren & find that some of the people that were trashing him then are hyping & praising him now :cool:

Prophet
11-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Confuscious say, "Man who carry fake schlong with peculiar skin color in his travel bag do not make good running back."

V4L
11-16-2005, 03:45 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"tarkenton10" wrote:

That's what was said about Koren as well!

I would bet I could revisit the 1st thread we had about Koren & find that some of the people that were trashing him then are hyping & praising him now :cool:

SOOOOOOOOO many people were trashing him.. I'm just glad me and PPE wanted to bring him in! I was actually right...... For now :smile:

ultravikingfan
11-16-2005, 07:00 PM
"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

"OldManVike" wrote:

We need Bennett like a hole in the head. Waste of cap. One good game since 02 and everyone was on his jock LOL.

Here we go again with false stats.

Smith has 1123 yards in his career total. You cannot say had these all with 9 starts. He has played in 26 games.

You are really distorting the numbers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6441

jimmymac
11-16-2005, 07:20 PM
"tarkenton10" wrote:

Maybe we won't try to figure out if why weed is illegal, it is and he broke the law.

So do you drop every player that breaks the law? Speeding is breaking the law. :wink:

TheKnuck
11-16-2005, 07:28 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

Confuscious say, "Man who carry fake schlong with peculiar skin color in his travel bag do not make good running back."

Ha, Ha, now thats good.

Muggsy
11-16-2005, 07:44 PM
OldManVike wrote:

DeathtoDenny wrote:

What good is all that production when you can't stop smoking weed and get suspended for the year? We need RELIABLE people, not damaged goods.